PDA

View Full Version : Eggs & Dairy Exchange

punkie1213
06-08-13, 08:53 AM
Has anybody else noticed that the rewards for this aren't as good the last few days? I used to get a stew, breaded fish, or spaghetti with the other rewards, but now no hearty feast items with the reward :(

BungoCook
06-08-13, 11:28 AM
Yes I have noticed this too. Always got a good supply of pasta from this exchange which meant I didn't need to grow tomatoes but have had to start again.

Frosty_Wench
06-08-13, 11:56 AM
Boo. Not only have the items turned to [] (Sugar, Bread, Flour is what I've been noticing), but I've only been getting two items instead of the usual 3. At least I have enough supplies for about 25 heart feasts stockpiled.

arale_norimaki
06-08-13, 04:01 PM
Same thing for me, rewards are pretty bad, I haven't even got noodles in days and this is yhe trade I do the most! :(

vednir
06-08-13, 04:52 PM
It's definitely been devalued. I guess they saw people were advancing too quickly again.

friscosharkboy
06-08-13, 08:03 PM
I used to get about four food items. Now I get just two.

HNO3
06-08-13, 08:30 PM
Yeah, lately the only finished dish I've been getting is pasta. Hopefully that changes before I run out of stew, because I hate planting carrots.

justk9188
06-08-13, 09:59 PM
My observation about food exchange:
Past reward: 1 ticket and 3 kind of diffent lvl of food
_ 2: flour or sugar
_ 1: noodle or grift
_ 1: bread or breaded fish or hearty stew or pasta.
Present: 1 ticket and 2-3 food. I've just done 2 food exchange lately.
1st trade: 1 flour and 1 two sugar
2nd trade: 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 noodle.

Queenzod
06-09-13, 05:43 PM
Yes, I just did one and I got 2 sugar and one breaded fish. Really pathetic.

freesiawoods
06-11-13, 02:40 AM
All the exchange rewards have been downgraded it seems. Food exchange, building supplies, Belladonna's. :(

blondiellie
06-18-13, 07:31 AM
Hi TL,

I was hoping that people could comment on the Food they get from their Eggs and Dairy Exchange. I only seem to rotate between four foods and I'm getting less and less each time which is quite frustrating. I only ever get flour, sugar, Hearty Stew, and Pasta, and for one trade I usually get only three items. I used to get the fish dish as well, but that has stopped.

Could TL expand the foods we get here? I don't know why we can't get syrup or Hot Sauce or things needed to complete the other feasts. I just keep getting tons of Hearty Stews which aren't that hard to craft since I barely use whole chicken's trading. The fish I never have enough of so I'm not able to make that dish and complete the feast.

I know its a small thing, but I was hoping for some variety.

arale_norimaki
06-18-13, 07:53 AM
I agree, we get lots of hearty stew, not much pasta and few breaded fish (for me, about once a week and I do this trade 3/4 times a day). There is a thread where other players compare results here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53300-Eggs-amp-Dairy-Exchange).

jimboser
06-18-13, 08:08 AM
Maybe this is a sign we aren't supposed to play anymore?

brandonu
06-18-13, 08:39 AM
It seems like this is exchange is back to its prior yields where it returns at least one of the following: pasta, breaded fish or stew

arale_norimaki
06-18-13, 08:47 AM
Not for me, I just got two flours and 1 bread :(

hatton2
06-18-13, 09:45 AM
Yes it's not worth doing the exchange if it weren't for the trade ticket, have they said what's going on? Hope it's just a bug!!

Gardienn
06-18-13, 10:03 AM
Yep. 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 trade ticket. By that, I had to just chalk up that trade to paying for the ticket. It's about how I feel about fang beast too.

blondiellie
06-18-13, 10:09 AM
Yeah I wish they could give us a better variety on the food and more of the breaded fish because I have a million Hearty Stews!

jimboser
06-18-13, 10:23 AM
Moments ago, 1 bread, 2 sugar, and 1 trade ticket.

lotuskat
06-20-13, 10:46 AM
Moments ago, 1 bread, 2 sugar, and 1 trade ticket.

Me too! So sad :( I guess I don't have that many uses for eggs and milk these days, but still wish I could get a complete dish like stew or something! Essentially, I just traded 40 Milk and 25 Eggs for 5 Sugar, 10 Wheat, 2 Water, and 6 Milk.

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 12:14 PM
Today I have got 1 breaded fish, 1 flour, 1 sugar. I had been waiting for this fish for a week :)

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 02:23 PM
Second try: 2 flours and 1 hearty stew (it's my 22nd) :(

fuyukimi
06-21-13, 12:26 AM
2 flours and 1 noodles just now!

Gardienn
06-21-13, 12:55 PM
I got a hearty stew again and some noodles. I'm just happy to get something more than flour and sugar again.

lotuskat
06-21-13, 01:22 PM
Hearty stew, flour, and sugar. I got at least one thing you have to cook!

elaur
06-21-13, 02:06 PM
Yes I mainly did food exchange for a long time and have definitely seen a much lower return :( I didn't have to do anything other than cook the feast before (the one with the swords) Now I have to make almost every part. Even the bread. It was nice while it lasted!

I hate making all the parts of the feast, that's why I build so many windmills. Now there is the new feast with many different steps. I can still make the spicy feast pretty fast because of my windmills and flour build up but the new feast with all the sugar really sucks.

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 12:08 PM
Today's drops:
- 2 sugars and 1 noodle
- 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 bread

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 03:42 AM
And again 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 bread! Has this become the standard drop or what?

MiniLaura
06-25-13, 04:07 AM
I got a spaghetti dish yesterday. I was shocked. It's the first one that I've gotten since the drop rate went from 3 to 4 items.

Frosty_Wench
06-25-13, 04:40 AM
I just got 1 flour and 1 sugar. Grr. Can I have my milk and eggs back please?

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 06:42 AM
Oh Frosty_Wench, that was lame indeed... I mean, what we put into this trade can be used to craft two Ice Creams instead, the rewards should be better than this :(

MiniLaura, it is good to know that Pasta can still drop, haven't seen one of those for a while!

Queenzod
06-25-13, 09:23 AM
Along these same lines, I don't really understand the magic fruit trade. You get 15 energy, but it takes about 100 energies to collect all those strawberries, glimmer bulbs and magic fruit. So you're essentially losing 85 energy points every time you make it. Doesn't that seem strange? That's a huge loss.

ghjvcucjb
06-25-13, 09:30 AM
I don't do the exchange for the reward items, I do them for the tickets and look at the items as a bonus. Same thing with some of the goals like T&T. 10 gems is not worth the time and effort to complete this goal. I'm doing the goal for the sake of the goal and the gems are a little (ok itsy bitsy teenie weenie) icing on the cake so to speak. Once I'm done hoarding tickets, I'll probably do very few trades, only for gems and to use up extra inventory.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 10:43 AM
I don't do the exchange for the reward items, I do them for the tickets and look at the items as a bonus. Same thing with some of the goals like T&T. 10 gems is not worth the time and effort to complete this goal. I'm doing the goal for the sake of the goal and the gems are a little (ok itsy bitsy teenie weenie) icing on the cake so to speak. Once I'm done hoarding tickets, I'll probably do very few trades, only for gems and to use up extra inventory.

I understand what you say regarding the tickets. I was super motivated at first when I had to trade to get my tickers camp. The Royal ch?teau was less interesting, but still, same thing for expansion permits. But now I trade just to get the badge, after that I think I will only do Belladonna's trade and the ones to get gems. All the others are worthless imo :(

Frosty_Wench
06-25-13, 11:22 AM
I understand what you say regarding the tickets. I was super motivated at first when I had to trade to get my tickers camp. The Royal ch?teau was less interesting, but still, same thing for expansion permits. But now I trade just to get the badge, after that I think I will only do Belladonna's trade and the ones to get gems. All the others are worthless imo :(

I agree. Although I would add the monster trade and maybe trapper trade. Not too much use for those items.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 12:42 PM
I agree. Although I would add the monster trade and maybe trapper trade. Not too much use for those items.

Those too, good point!

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 12:56 PM
Well, just got 2 sugar and one breaded fish. That is better :)

Gardienn
06-25-13, 01:42 PM

Me too, but when something costs this much, I think we should get more than one ticket, even if it is only one trade. Or a golden ticket or something. They're just so darned expensive for the return they give.

ghjvcucjb
06-25-13, 05:07 PM
Me too, but when something costs this much, I think we should get more than one ticket, even if it is only one trade. Or a golden ticket or something. They're just so darned expensive for the return they give.

Golden ticket? Oh yes, yes please. Then we can use the golden ticket to visit the top secret Team Lava facilities run by a mysterious man in a top hat and walking stick! And everything inside is edible...including the people...but that's called cannibalism and that's frowned upon in many societies. Oops, sorry, wrong golden ticket. :D. Lol:p;)

Queenzod
06-25-13, 06:21 PM
Golden ticket? Oh yes, yes please. Then we can use the golden ticket to visit the top secret Team Lava facilities run by a mysterious man in a top hat and walking stick! And everything inside is edible...including the people...but that's called cannibalism and that's frowned upon in many societies. Oops, sorry, wrong golden ticket. :D. Lol:p;)

Bwaahaahaa! Yes, and if you're not a gum snapping, tv addicted, piggy, female dog, you will WIN the right to institute all of our suggestions and deal with all the complaining. Lucky you!

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 03:01 AM
While waiting for the golden ticket, I got
- 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 noodles
- 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 breaded fish
- 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 pasta
:)

queenofpolharcity
07-05-13, 07:11 PM

Yes!! Especially after we have built our Tinker Camp and Royal Chateau! And after we have expanded as far as we possibly can. I have done all of those things! I am trading, skeptically, on the idea that we are going to have an upgrade requiring Expansion Tickets. I currently have 105, thereabouts, but am growing weary of the discrepancy in Investment v. Payoff!

Oliver118
07-05-13, 11:34 PM
This is the trade I do most often and that's true but I don't really care what food I get as long as I get something-I mean, all foods are used to craft something else, right?
eg. Sugar is used to craft: Apple Pie
Lemonade
Orange Cobbler
Cake
It's used for you to go on Fruit Trade.
Bread is used to craft Simple Feast, which is required to build Knight's Hall and go on Search the Ancient Vault.
Flour is used to craft Bread, Cake(I think), Apple Pie and Orange Cobbler and Noodles. Cake is used to craft Sweet feast which is used to go on Traverse the Desert Sands. Apple pie is used to go on Dessert Trade with Orange Cobbler. Noodles are used to craft Pasta, which is used to craft Hearty Feast which is used to go on Hunt Roaming Bandits.

justk9188
07-06-13, 12:22 AM
You don't understand meaning of this thread.
We got better reward in the past and suddenly it's not good as before.
Why didn't TL inform us when they changed quality of reward ?
Since E&D Exchange cost lowest energy (65 energy),
Some people do Dairy exchange for ticket (like me), the other do for both.
For low lvl player, reward from E&D mean a lot to them.

onemansmiracle
07-06-13, 01:34 PM
No longer doing it, save milk for dessert adventure,and eggs for dark cave adventure.

Oliver118
07-06-13, 10:53 PM
You don't understand meaning of this thread.
We got better reward in the past and suddenly it's not good as before.
Why didn't TL inform us when they changed quality of reward ?
Since E&D Exchange cost lowest energy (65 energy),
Some people do Dairy exchange for ticket (like me), the other do for both.
For low lvl player, reward from E&D mean a lot to them.

Oh, now I get it!

MsTarantism
12-11-13, 05:30 AM
Grits, Flour, Sugar today-

sassmastah
12-14-13, 01:21 PM
Today I got 1 bread and 2 sugar. Seriously crappy!! I'm only doing it for the trade ticket. Might as well since I can't do any of the better trades yet (just started playing a week ago)

sassmastah
12-14-13, 03:35 PM
This time around I got: 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 grits.
The grits makes it worthwhile to me!

Queenzod
12-14-13, 04:07 PM
This time around I got: 1 flour, 1 sugar, 1 grits.
The grits makes it worthwhile to me!

I love the egg and milk exchange. Even just bits of sugar and flour. Each of those represents 5 energy, and they are so useable!

rosym47
12-15-13, 02:54 PM
What magic fruit trade? I don't remember seeing this.

rosym47
12-15-13, 02:56 PM
Along these same lines, I don't really understand the magic fruit trade. You get 15 energy, but it takes about 100 energies to collect all those strawberries, glimmer bulbs and magic fruit. So you're essentially losing 85 energy points every time you make it. Doesn't that seem strange? That's a huge loss.

Should have included the quote. What magic fruit trade?

Castloninian
12-15-13, 11:45 PM
Should have included the quote. What magic fruit trade?

Once you have unlocked the magic garden and have collected from it then after a while your fruit trade upgrades to magic fruit. I think first it is sugar and strawberries for 5 energy, then it may add glimmerbulbs to the requirements and finally also magic fruit for 15 energies. Problem with it is that when you upgrade to magic fruit you can't do this trade as often as you rely on magic garden to give 1-2 fruit a day only.

asna12345
12-16-13, 10:18 AM

But we get a trade ticket which is needed for expansion permits:-)