PDA

View Full Version : Food disappears from serving tables if you leave the game or visit other restaurants

Unregistered
12-28-10, 12:12 AM
Anytime I leave the game or visit another restaurant all the food on my serving tables disappears. I can have hundreds of servings of food left and leave for only a second and come back and it's all gone and the customers are leaving pissed.

Running Android version 2.2.1 on a DroidX systems version 2.3.340.MB810.verzon.en.us

Unregistered
12-31-10, 08:06 AM
This keeps happening to me too. Does anyone know why? I've spent sixteen hours cooking and had over 25,000 servings and it was gone within minutes. I've emailed team lava to no avail.

Unregistered
12-31-10, 08:35 AM
This has been happening to me to. I ask my friends about and it they said that they don't have that problem and they told me to try putting a table in front of my door, so I did that and I put all 4 of my mac & cheese down and other plates. I go to the restroom and come back to all empty counter and it said U HAVE EARNED 10,000 WHILE U WERE AWAY. Thats not fair cuz that food takes so long to make and to see it gone within minutes is ******ed up, so not sure I wanna keep playing this game anymore, but if any1 have an idea how to stop this madness ill give it another shot.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 04:21 PM
Same here i get all the money but food disappears :(

Unregistered
01-02-11, 02:31 PM
What's wrong with the food disappearing and getting paid 4 it. That just means you can put something in front of the door and cooking some more stuff. You're cutting the time it takes to get paid for the food being sold don't you?

Tiptoe2
01-08-11, 07:03 PM
I noticed today that if my restaurant is closed, meaning that something is behind the door, and food is on the serving counter, the food disappears when I leave the restaurant. The strange thing is that I'm still earning money b/ c I'm told how much I've made when I'm away. Where is my food disappearing too?

Tiptoe2
01-08-11, 07:10 PM
I forgot to add that my operating system is Android 2.2 on an EVO.

Unregistered
01-08-11, 11:53 PM
I had the same thing...all the food disappearing really fast, I but I got paid correctly, so no problem there. What was weird is I was watching my restaurant today after the third time that happened, and all of a sudden half the people started moving at warp speed. Running in, eating real fast, and then running out again. It wasn't all of them, just some. Then my food started going really quickly again. Is there supposed to be more than one speed for the game?

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:10 AM
It's happening to me, too, on EVO, froyo 2.2. I've only been playing. Few days, level 17.
Last night while actively cooking and playing, I got a pop-up that I had lost my internet connection, with a button to retry, which I clicked, it said "processing", then I got the Welcome Back screen, and all my counters AND stoves were empty. I had many servings on all 7 counters, all gone. Didn't know if I made money or not.

So I placed the host podium in front of my door to close the restaurant, NO customers were coming in, (first time I tried that, I wanted to stockpile a little) and spent an hour cooking fast foods, before putting on longer foods for overnight. I left it closed, door blocked, overnight. Just now I returned to serve the overnight food, and my counters are once again empty even though the door is blocked and I've had no customers. And it said I earned $2000, which is not nearly enough for the amount of food that disappeared.

I am about to disappear too, this is ridiculous.

Unregistered
01-09-11, 05:26 AM
It's happening to me, too, on EVO, froyo 2.2. I've only been playing. Few days, level 17.
Last night while actively cooking and playing, I got a pop-up that I had lost my internet connection, with a button to retry, which I clicked, it said "processing", then I got the Welcome Back screen, and all my counters AND stoves were empty. I had many servings on all 7 counters, all gone. Didn't know if I made money or not.

So I placed the host podium in front of my door to close the restaurant, NO customers were coming in, (first time I tried that, I wanted to stockpile a little) and spent an hour cooking fast foods, before putting on longer foods for overnight. I left it closed, door blocked, overnight. Just now I returned to serve the overnight food, and my counters are once again empty even though the door is blocked and I've had no customers. And it said I earned $2000, which is not nearly enough for the amount of food that disappeared.

I am about to disappear too, this is ridiculous.

Ok, same poster here, it just happened again. I served 6120 serving of burritos and shortcakes cooked overnight with restaurant closed, came here and posted the above, returned to my STILL CLOSED restaurant after just a few minutes, and all my food is gone. It said I only earned 8125.

My food goes faster closed than open, and I don't get properly paid, I might as well open.

I don't know if anyone from the game reads these forums? I hope so, and this glitch can receive some attention.

Unregistered
01-16-11, 06:05 AM
The Exact same thing happens to me just like everyone else. I see Team Lava has not responded with a solution, so I'm just gonna leave this game until they get that fixed. This issue doesn't occur with Bakery Story, which is great! I hope Team Lava gets this issue fixed soon!
HTC EVO Android 2.2

Corner Bistro, level 10

Unregistered
01-18-11, 11:51 PM
Ok, same poster here, it just happened again. I served 6120 serving of burritos and shortcakes cooked overnight with restaurant closed, came here and posted the above, returned to my STILL CLOSED restaurant after just a few minutes, and all my food is gone. It said I only earned 8125.

My food goes faster closed than open, and I don't get properly paid, I might as well open.

I don't know if anyone from the game reads these forums? I hope so, and this glitch can receive some attention.
the same thing happens to me, but I've found out that using the podium to block the door doesn't really work all the time. However, using a floor lamp actually works better. I know that doesn't make sense. It shouldn't make a difference but it does. HTC Droid incredible

Unregistered
01-19-11, 09:56 PM
happens to me to in both restuarant and bakery story. Have host podium in front of
Door just to have all my food gone in a second and not
Getting paid for it all. Also im pretty sure im not getting all my tips, freezes my phone
And have to take battery out just to get it working again. Didn't
Have this problem on the iphone, but now I just got the samsung galaxy s fascinate
And so far it sucks.

Unregistered
01-19-11, 10:39 PM
happens to me to in both restuarant and bakery story. Have host podium in front of
Door just to have all my food gone in a second and not
Getting paid for it all. Also im pretty sure im not getting all my tips, freezes my phone
And have to take battery out just to get it working again. Didn't
Have this problem on the iphone, but now I just got the samsung galaxy s fascinate
And so far it sucks.

Use a chair or a table... anything BUT the podium and it will work.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 10:13 PM
Happens to me as well!! Got notification about gifts. Clicked accept. The big process button comes up...forever! i clicked back on my phone got out and seems that i have accepted it but its not there!
Any one notice the disappearing gifts?? i had like 9 gifts i accepted but when i go to my gift theres only 2!!! wth!??

Unregistered
01-23-11, 01:24 AM
Hey Droid users...when RS first started we had this exact problem! It took them 3 weeks to fix it. Seems like they would know how to prevent it from happening to you guys. Someone should put a post addressed to Norman so they know this is happening. One thing that might help a bit...not sure, but when you leave the game, take it out of multi-tasking. See if that helps at all.

maxxyme
02-01-11, 10:04 AM
Just had this again... this is really frustrating... :(

And btw, it's because it took too much time to exit the game, then 1 or 2 minutes later there was the "not connected to the Internet" popup thing. :(

Unregistered
02-03-11, 06:04 PM
I knew it wasn't all in my head! I would think someone would reply to this by now. The problem is so annoying but maybe for now it's best we do leave our shop open or don't put gifts on your counters unless you're ready to serve everything and don't cook too much food at once. lol... *shrugs*... orrrrrr delete it

Unregistered
02-03-11, 06:08 PM
Happens to me as well!! Got notification about gifts. Clicked accept. The big process button comes up...forever! i clicked back on my phone got out and seems that i have accepted it but its not there!
Any one notice the disappearing gifts?? i had like 9 gifts i accepted but when i go to my gift theres only 2!!! wth!??

could it be that there's 9 total gifts but some of them are the same type of food? if so then the game will combine them in your gifts section.... it should show one, two, or tripple times the servings....etc.

just a suggestion

Unregistered
02-04-11, 12:00 PM
I have found this a good work around solution for the time being (until it is fixed). Don't close, just arrange decor so that only 1 or 2 tables are accessible by customers, thus greatly slowing down rate of sale. If you only do that while you are away from the game, it will not hurt your cafe rating.

Unregistered
02-04-11, 04:53 PM
Like previous user said put furniture in front of door. I used coat rack and it quit doing it. The host podium doesn't stop it

Unregistered
02-05-11, 02:38 PM
This is such a nice bug.

1. As said above, anything but the host podium would prevent from invisible flash customers from eating your food (and paying)

2. Using any other furniture (chair, for ex) will stop from food getting eaten.

Irrespective of podium or other furniture you use, the rating does not change.

Not so nice bug:

For receiving tips, you would have to exit the application and log back in. Otherwise neither the tip gets visible nor the notification about any such tip.

How I play this bug is:
I put the podium in front of door (popularity is 100) and never move it back. I cook food as usual and put it on counter whenever its cooked. Do tasks like give out tips and gifts. log back in few times a day to collect tips and serve out new food.

NOT seeing customers is actually faster on my phone than constant stream of customers, so it all works out nicely.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 10:02 PM
This keeps happening to me too. I stopped playing games like on Facebook because I didn't always have time to log in on the computer everyday, so when the game was available on my phone I was so excited. Now, I'm very disappointed that all my did disappears. I want to remove the game. Same this happens with my Baker Story game. What the hell is going on?

Unregistered
02-09-11, 10:41 PM
ghosts.........

I noticed today that if my restaurant is closed, meaning that something is behind the door, and food is on the serving counter, the food disappears when I leave the restaurant. The strange thing is that I'm still earning money b/ c I'm told how much I've made when I'm away. Where is my food disappearing too?

Unregistered
02-10-11, 02:12 AM
It happened to me 3 times today!!!!!

Unregistered
02-11-11, 09:59 PM
I can confirm this bug also happens on an EVO regardless of if I'm running 2.2 or 2.3. Everything was running smoothly and food was going at a regular pace, and then today I had a bunch of Chocolate Fondues ready so I put them out. I exited the application for ~30 minutes and I come back, I've made 50k and all of my fondue is gone. This is the only small bug I've noticed in this game, other than that it's great!

Unregistered
02-15-11, 03:04 AM
On my Galaxy Tab...

Restaurant: Had new served food on my counters. Example 11000 Plum pudding etc. I served the food at the counters and logged out. After 5 minutes I logged in again and the food on the counters where gone?

The same happend with my Bakery Story: Had new served cakes on my counters. Example Red velvet pie (10.000). This was also gone in the same way. Logged out to see whats going on in my Farm Story and when I logged back the cakes where gone?!

I have now waited for a while hoping to get the food back. But then I realized that that was not the case. I see now that I am not alone. I have posted this to the support team and will see if a will get an answer?

This makes me want to leave the game :(

/panos

jtpacket
02-15-11, 04:01 AM
Reduce the number of tables in your restaurant, or just the chairs with them, this will reduce how many customers there are in your restaurant and therefore how fast the food will be consumed

Unregistered
02-15-11, 04:45 AM
I thought it was just me that has been experiencing this disappearing food ****. Last time it happened to me -- all the coffee disappeared after 2 minutes with 5K gold in exchange. Its kinda cool somehow coz its an easy way to get gold but its sucks big time coz it totally ruins my cooking schedule. Is this some sort of a bug that needs to be fixed or is there a certain fixed time that the a cooked food must be consumed?

alexer
02-15-11, 06:40 AM
I also faced to this problems. I have gone for a while after came back I have seen nothing is in the tables.

sexysmurf73
02-28-11, 12:48 PM
i just got my droid X and this same thing is happening too. my door is even blocked. im glad i didnt switch my Id over from the ipod touch. this really suck. an if you email teamlava it takes them 28 years to respond back to. See i dont think they work well with thier technology. im mean look at the ZYNGA games from Facebook. they really need to get on a ball.

seidleman
12-02-11, 07:21 PM
this has happened to me since I've started this game a few weeks ago. What's the use of continually cooking the food if they keep disappearing when I'm closed? It's fun to be able to have a lot of food on the table and then open the doors. Kinda stupid....

frog2010
12-03-11, 02:42 AM
I have been having food disappear as well. Has there ever been a solution to this problem? I am noticing the post above are rather old.

barleycoon
12-03-11, 04:57 AM
I'm not sure if you have blocked the door, we are not really meant to block the door as its not a design feature. However, we can't all play 24/7.
It sometimes helps to run the game after unblocking the door ie visit lots of nbrs. Sometimes we have a quick sale sometimes not. I know how hard it is to build up food/drink, I've found as you get into higher levels it seems easier to build up your stock.

nmishii
12-03-11, 06:01 AM
I have been having food disappear as well. Has there ever been a solution to this problem? I am noticing the post above are rather old.

The problem in the old posts have been resolved. I had those problems in Jan and in my case the food disappeared whether the door was blocked or not.

Others have recently experienced what you have. See this thread.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20006-Closed-restaurant&highlight=podium

kokiromares
01-05-14, 02:27 AM
It happened to me awhile ago.I lost everything. I closed my resto then all of the food is gone.One thing I noticed is that i've got 1500 mango delight then it became 600 even if i closed the door with a host table..

bobbyrae
01-05-14, 05:33 AM
It happened to me awhile ago.I lost everything. I closed my resto then all of the food is gone.One thing I noticed is that i've got 1500 mango delight then it became 600 even if i closed the door with a host table..

Don't block the door. Block off access to tables, but keep the door open and make sure the bots have access to the hostess/cash register.

kfrannie85
01-15-14, 06:56 PM
thanks bobbyrae but if you do this, your customers leave with angry faces and your rating goes down. HELP! i really want to be able to stockpile food. A lot of people are able to block the door without losing their food vanishing. Why oh why cant i??

kfrannie85
01-15-14, 06:57 PM
Don't block the door. Block off access to tables, but keep the door open and make sure the bots have access to the hostess/cash register.

HELP! My customers leave angry when i do this.

ElaineCarrel
01-15-14, 07:07 PM
HELP! My customers leave angry when i do this.
U need 2 leave access 2 it's either 21 or 28 tables and chairs so ur customers can cont 2 eat. That'll solve ur angry customers problem, I haven't closed my doors since November 2012 in either RS or BS. I continue 2 ck 24/7 even if all my counters r full. I just cook what I have on my counters or cook something different and buy a gran-gran counter since those r the cheapest. At 1count I had 84 counters w ea 1 having different food.
Ur asking 4 trouble if u block ur doors.
Good luck.