PDA

View Full Version : Somethings wierd/wrong in my kingdom😡

mammami08
06-08-13, 01:05 AM
I noticed a few weeks ago that stuff started to dissapear from my inventory. I first thought i had pressed a button somewere using it (mostly it was milk, eggs, strawberrys).

Then i noticed that i started making different things in my different workshops, f.e i started making hot sauce and when i come back it is not ready but not even i progress. I thought mayby it was a sync problem although crops i planted after starting to make the hot sauce was in progress. So i payed extra attention to this, visited a couple of nieghbours came back and it was still cooking so left the game for some time came back and it's not cooking anymore.

I still think to myself maybe it is a sync problem.

So two days ago i started (at the same time) to make the food for two adventurs, come back and collect them when they were done. Everything was fine, they had cooked properly and i could collect them. However my knights were still out on an adventur so i couldn't start a new one yet. Next time i visited the game they had come back, and when i should send the on a new mission theres non of the two food things i previosly had made... So i had to start over again. The biggest problem is that the game didn't give me the things i needed to make the two feasts back so i had to start all over again making hot sauce and chocolat cakes.

So a bit annoyed but still playing. So then the next (and this really makes me mad) thing that happend was this night. I have fully expanded, got the tinker camp and the royal building from the trading portal, so now i,m just doing the trading to upgrade the royal building (forgot what its called). I had 9 trading tickits so i started trappers trade (does not need trading tickits only stuff you get from the game). This morning i go to collect, those wierd lights start sparkeling ( i'm at lvl 30 since three months so it's not leveling up sparkles). Start a new trade and goes to my royal building to collect. Then i press the upgrade and i have.... ONE trad tickit... Instead of 10?

It can't be me doing or pressing anything wrong this time. Anybody els having the same problem? I'm about to quit this game by now. It took alot of time and energy to make al those things and i get set back all the time. It just no fun anymore.

hmgdanielson
06-08-13, 08:50 AM
Do you regularly force-close your game?

ghjvcucjb
06-08-13, 10:21 AM
You are not alone. I started a thread on this the day T&T was released. First it was missing coins then lanterns and now random items mainly feasts. I've noticed several other people saying the same thing on various threads. I think the no one will listen at the moment because it's only a few of us noticing the missing items and we're not posting on one thread. This happens to me with every update. I think it happens to a lot of people but few notice a missing item or two unless they're focus on that item (I was working on expansions and keeping a close eye on my coins and lanterns) or it something really important like missing Alicorns and glimmer dust troves.

The last noticeable missing items were hearty feasts. I had been making them all day long in hopes of getting a badge and when I checked, there were only two, when I know I had made six. My knights were out so I couldn't have accidentally used them. Also will start cooking or crafting a wisp, etc, do other things around my kingdom, visit nbrs, come back and nothing is cooking or crafting but I'm missing the ingredients to make/ craft that item.

Hmgdanielson, Lately I started force closing my game 1-2 times a week in hopes of activating the T&T badges. Not sure how that would affect the game.

mammami08
06-08-13, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that it is not just me, and glad at the same time, i thought i was going crazy so started to write numbers down. As you say ghjvcucjb as long as it is small items you don't notice or think you just accidently pressed the wrong button or just thought you started a feast (or whatever).

And yes hmgdanielson, i force close every night all of my games i'm playing since i,m on an iPad first gen i have to otherwise the games force close on me while playing ;)

hmgdanielson
06-08-13, 03:10 PM
Force-closing (where you double press the home button and pull up the tray, hold your finger over the game icon until it wiggles, then tap the red close circle in the corner) helps because your game is constantly retrieving information and updating itself from the server. But they're only partial updates. A full close allows the game to totally refresh itself so your data is more consistent with the server and more up-to-date. Force-closing keeps the glitches and bugs away from the game because they tend to be caused by the way your device updates and refreshes apps, rather than the app itself. This isn't to say that game doesn't have its bugs, just that many of them can actually be prevented.

QueenCarolyn
06-08-13, 11:54 PM
This also happened to me. I made up some feasts and they disappeared. I even emailed TeamLava. Now I don't remember all the details.

mammami08
06-09-13, 02:58 AM
Hmgdanielson,

I do a full close every night so it can't be it. I first force close (as you discribe in #5) and then close the iPad by holding in the power switch (or what ever it is called, the little button down on one of the sides of the iPad) until a red sign appears asking me if i want to close down the iPad.

Is this what you mean? Or do you suggest to uninstall/reinstall the app?

mammami08
06-09-13, 02:59 AM
This also happened to me. I made up some feasts and they disappeared. I even emailed TeamLava. Now I don't remember all the details.

Did you get a respons?

ashleighncurrie
06-09-13, 03:33 AM
I had this happen to me. Started some feasts in the kitchen for my knights and also sent my knights out on an adventure. Came back about 4 hours later to find that no knights were out and were just bumbling about in my kingdom having a rest, and no activity was happening in the kitchen either. However I planted a load of crops at the same as making feasts and sending the knights out, and they were still growing nicely. I too thought it was a sync issue but surely my crops wouldn't have been there if that was the case. I haven't noticed anything going missing from my inventory mind you. But definitely notice that I start things and they seem to disappear. Maguar told me to visit a few neighbours before I force close the game (just to save battery life on my iPhone) to force the server to save any progress. it happened to me again when I was forging long swords (even after visiting a few neighbours) so I don't think that visiting neighbours makes a difference. Wasn't happy in the slightest. Lost 4 hours on my adventure and what with the T&T task and still trying to find the horn needed for the alicorn I wasn't happy to lose those 4 hours lol. However I'm glad I'm not the only one its happened to even though its an unfortunate thing

hmgdanielson
06-09-13, 08:26 AM
Hmgdanielson,

I do a full close every night so it can't be it. I first force close (as you discribe in #5) and then close the iPad by holding in the power switch (or what ever it is called, the little button down on one of the sides of the iPad) until a red sign appears asking me if i want to close down the iPad.

Is this what you mean? Or do you suggest to uninstall/reinstall the app?

You got it right. :)

I force close every time I'm done with Castle Story, and in my experience, I've only had a couple of minor glitches since the game was released. I know everyone's game is different - you use an iPad, I use an iPod, there are different versions of iOS out there - so what happens to me isn't the same for other people. But I play a lot of social games like Castle Story, and the key in all of them to keeping away more than half of the bugs is regularly force-closing your app. If that doesn't work, shut your iDevice down. If that doesn't work, uninstall/reinstall. If that doesn't work, contact support (and tell them you've tried the first three things).

mack1738
06-09-13, 02:55 PM
Very interesting, I've noticed a few things missing too. I'm a little more interested in not levelling up as mentioned by mammami08. It has been at least 3 months since I levelled up (once I got to level 30) is there something that stops it at level 30??

Elen4070
06-09-13, 09:37 PM
Maxlevelhas been 30 since the game started. Ihave been lvl 30 for over seven months.

fino212
06-10-13, 03:09 AM
I did have a few things go missing a while ago but it seems to be ok lately. Weirdly though I noticed a few days ago that my 2 unicorn statues have turned around to face the other way and when I try and turn them back they won't do it. I click on them to rotate and it seems they are turning then as soon as I get them where I want them and click off it they go back to where they were. Minor glitche but still slightly annoying and can't figure out why

ghjvcucjb
06-10-13, 09:50 AM
Fino, that's so strange. Did you try force closing to see if that helps?

My rat tails are not registering. I'm desperate for them so keep an eye on those babies. For example, yesterday when I checked I had 2 in inventory, although I had gotten several the day before, got 5 more throughout the day but when I checked I still only had 2. will monitor it over the next few days.

fino212
06-10-13, 03:45 PM
Fino, that's so strange. Did you try force closing to see if that helps?

My rat tails are not registering. I'm desperate for them so keep an eye on those babies. For example, yesterday when I checked I had 2 in inventory, although I had gotten several the day before, got 5 more throughout the day but when I checked I still only had 2. will monitor it over the next few days.

Yeah I did force close several times but still the same. Really strange! Think there's a few odd goings on by the sounds of it what with things going missing aswell. Very frustrating! You need rats tails for belladonna exchange and new yummy pies too. Grrrr!

caspercat98
06-11-13, 05:56 PM
I've had things go missing too. I have started force closing, but it has not fixed the issue. I just got a tablet of tabernum quest to make harvesting crops more efficient that required $, glimmer dust and purple petals. I put in more than 20 of glimmer dust and more than 20 of purple petals and it has now all disappeared including the chance to finish the quest. It adds to the frustration of having lost my yummy pies and all else that was required for the glimmerdust quest. Who knows if I will ever be offered either again. I should have known better than to start putting anything into the quest until I had gathered everything I guess.

koiju
06-11-13, 06:00 PM
Put me on the list of random stuff disappearing - thankfully not trade tickets yet (I'm 4 away from Tinker camp!).
I'm on iPhone, latest version of iOS.
so frustrating!