PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Suggestion Thread

maguar
06-07-13, 10:36 PM
Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder to think of upcoming holidays etc.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

Note: due to time constraints, etc this time I'm just putting up a suggestion thread. If you like ideas that people have suggested be sure to comment on that in the thread. I will pass along ideas from the thread especially those with lots of support.

ghjvcucjb
06-07-13, 10:49 PM
Mermaid pond with mermaid character and story line where we can trade extra water for mermaid scales, fish, pearls.

Add the ability to craft stone into coal.

A spa where our character can go for an hour and one of the other characters could take over our duties...ok I'm kidding about this one. How about different quests that open the ability to have each character have their own energy ie Thurston 10 energies a day to battle beasts, ivy 10 energies to harvest etc, in addition to our normal energy usage.

wealthyrich
06-07-13, 11:34 PM
A reservoir building to hold collected energy from wizard school etc, if we do not intend to use the collection right away

catcrack
06-07-13, 11:59 PM
You'll have better luck crafting coal from wood as opposed to rocks I would think。

(=^ェ^=)

Oliver118
06-08-13, 12:05 AM
New items, here goes (as most of you know, I usually include a lot in my ideas:))
Buildings
Grammar school-A Royal Building. Earns you Royal Points and also gives you books (and rarely spellbooks) for new upgrades for Library and for upgrading Grammar school. They can also drop knowledge shards (but these are extremely rare!)
Blacksmith's-A new crafting building. Use it to earn tools.
Animal stable-A new crafting building. You can craft certain animals with it.
Battlements-Train your knights so they can hold off all the enemies from your kingdom!

New expansion
Expand to the Dragon Song to welcome dragons into your kingdom! Hatch the dragons using the Forgotten Roost! Quest with all the characters to the Dragon Song so your kingdom isn't destroyed by the Great Kingdom War!

New feature!
You can now try and destroy the things in other kingdoms. Remember, the more protected your buildings are, the harder it is for other people to destroy them! You can also protect your things from the war. However, you can't destroy kingdoms with dragons! (NOTE: This feature is only for kingdoms level 15+.) Monsters can also protect your kingdom-or destroy it. Train them in the Monster Training Centre.

ghjvcucjb
06-08-13, 12:08 AM
You'll have better luck crafting coal from wood as opposed to rocks I would think。

(=^ェ^=)

You would be correct. I was just going with the beating up rocks to get coal theme;)

BTW, love your siggy!

wassupbaby
06-08-13, 12:12 AM
i'd like to see a CS chart for top players. for example : top exp players (20 players with highest exp points) ,top coins player, top RP point players, top gem player etc ... I think the chart will make the game quite competitive and could motivate players to play more.

Lilipipi
06-08-13, 12:19 AM
For the Halloween, a new character. A cat stuck on a tree. The cat turns out to be Belladonna. Need transformation potion to bring her back.

Oliver118
06-08-13, 12:19 AM
By the way, if my survival idea isn't possible, we could just have the war as a new adventure (battle.)
Just to recap:
Adventures
The Great Kingdom War-Requires 10 Longswords, 5 Strengthening Stew (mentioned in a poll and suggestion thread somewhere by me, I can't remember)

New crafting recipes
Potion Shop
Black Dye-10 Black Petals, 5 Water

Workshop
Knowledge Shard-10 Textbooks, 1 Fey Crystal, 5 Jewels, 5 Stone
Knowledge Beam-1 Knowledge Shard, 5 Jewelled Talons, 3 Golden Apples
Knowledge Block-1 Knowledge Shard, 5 Lumin Essence, 5 Gold Nuggets

Magic Forge
Alchemy: Simple Book to Enchanted Book-10 Simple Books, 5 Enchanter's Essence, 10 Glimmerdust
Old Thomas's Special Book-15 Simple Books, 10 Textbooks, 5 Royal Books, 5 Rare Books, 3 Magic Ink

Kitchen
Cure to Enchantisis-20 Water, 10 Rat Tails, 5 Sugar, 3 Simple Glue

All books
Simple Book (90% drop)
Textbook (78% drop)
Royal Book (50% drop)
Rare book (45% drop)
Old Thomas's special book (24% drop (only after My Special book goal))
Enchanted Book (35% drop)

Lilipipi
06-08-13, 12:21 AM
Then we can have a new building with all of Belladonna's crazy recipes. She gives shiny baubles in her trade, so should be able to make those materials in her shack/lab. It will be fun if she turns out to be somewhat of a mad scientist/witch character.

Lilipipi
06-08-13, 12:26 AM
For the Halloween, a new character. A cat stuck on a tree. The cat turns out to be Belladonna. Need transformation potion to bring her back.

Maybe she could just turn into cat when she wanted but got a spell and could not turn back to human. After she gets freed up she can roam the kingdom as a cat or a person.

Oliver118
06-08-13, 12:49 AM
Nature
Black-Flower Penstemon-Drops Black Petals and possibly Magic Ink.
Black Dye is used to craft Black Pig, Black Cow and Black Sheep in the Animal Stable.

Missing drops
Spellbook (20% drop)
Book of Spells (40% drop)
Knowledge Shard (10% drop)

All drops used
Glimmerdust
Golden Apple
Gold Nugget
Knowledge Shard
Book of Spells
Spellbook

mizarian
06-08-13, 12:57 AM
Mermaid pond with mermaid character and story line where we can trade extra water for mermaid scales, fish, pearls.

A spa where our character can go for an hour and one of the other characters could take over our duties...ok I'm kidding about this one. How about different quests that open the ability to have each character have their own energy ie Thurston 10 energies a day to battle beasts, ivy 10 energies to harvest etc, in addition to our normal energy usage.

An expansion to the coast, docks, fishing hut, ships to get mermaid scales, fish, pearls.

mizarian
06-08-13, 01:09 AM
Flying animals and bird houses:

Pigeons/owls with birds houses or nests.
Seagulls with nests
Eagles/falcons with nests

hmgdanielson
06-08-13, 09:03 AM
A reservoir building to hold collected energy from wizard school etc, if we do not intend to use the collection right away

I like this idea because it's pretty much the same one I had months ago. I called mine a bank (or a vault, I suppose). ;)

I know I mentioned it somewhere on the forum... I'd like to see a winter version of the game similar to the Valentine's version. I know that it's a lot of work graphically speaking, but it's because I love the beauty of the game that I think seeing everything covered in snow would be so cool.

omniBliss
06-08-13, 09:29 AM
Flying animals and bird houses:

Pigeons/owls with birds houses or nests.
Seagulls with nests
Eagles/falcons with nests

Yea I was just thinking the same thing about the seagull. To add, maybe it could be in an expansion towards the water, south by the shore.

Gardienn
06-08-13, 12:01 PM
I like the idea of regular updates for CS, but I prefer TL take extra time, if necessary, like every two weeks instead of every week, to make sure new content is bug free.

There's nothing more annoying that getting new content and having it glitch hard, like missing maturing Alicorns and disappearing trove adventure after starting the quest line. Much better to wait a bit more for accurately functioning gameplay.

sbhawna
06-08-13, 01:25 PM
I liked the storyline where Thomas was going to meet his gf, but before I could say schoooo schweeeet, Old Thomas said I'm staying back.

It would be nice to be able to send Thomas on an expedition to meet his gf and when he returns a day later, he can bring some riches/goods

Thurston and Ivy too can be send on some missions/expeditions or errands(to visit some kingdom to do trade in magic stuff or recipes) or Ivy can simply go and visit her sister to learn new recipes(not skunkupies).

ghjvcucjb
06-08-13, 01:32 PM
Loving all the ideas about Thurston and Agnes. Even if it was just an occasional letter from Agnes requesting something like more chocolates or flowers and our reward could be a cool new decoration. Their story line was so sweet!

sbhawna
06-08-13, 01:36 PM
If we could stitch dresses for the characters in a tailor shop and dress them up in different attires of our choice. Tis would need two features
1) tailor shop
2) ability to change characters' dress (if not the attire, then atleast the color of the dress)

Meridor
06-08-13, 04:49 PM

I love the idea with the black cat, Belladona and the likes for Halloween.

kittensabc
06-09-13, 11:12 AM
Three golden nuggets + egg = golden egg

Five golden nuggets + apple = golden apple

RED1229
06-09-13, 11:51 AM
:confused:Why cant I get passed Level 30?? Not even making progress on the blue colored bar although the points are increasing.........

:confused:Why do items to craft say, "inventory full" when I never crafted them? And if the inventory on that item is actually full, why are those items not available to fulfill the Kingdom Goals? How do I access them?

:confused:How come I cannot buy an item, such as a wall? It says I need to "level up". What does that mean? How do I do that?

:confused:How come when I gather materials/parts needed to upgrade a structure and complete each one, the "build" key is grayed out where I cannot choose it to build/upgrade?

HELP ON ALL PLEASE:o

THANKS!:D

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder to think of upcoming holidays etc.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

Note: due to time constraints, etc this time I'm just putting up a suggestion thread. If you like ideas that people have suggested be sure to comment on that in the thread. I will pass along ideas from the thread especially those with lots of support.

ghjvcucjb
06-09-13, 12:19 PM
:confused:Why cant I get passed Level 30?? 30 is currently the highest level anyone can get to. Not even making progress on the blue colored bar although the points are increasing.........

:confused:Why do items to craft say, "inventory full" when I never crafted them? The inventory cap is 99, whether you craft, buy, or gather an item. If its full then you are maxed out on that item until you use it and get your inventory down. And if the inventory on that item is actually full, why are those items not available to fulfill the Kingdom Goals? Not sure what you mean, you should be able to use all your items, with the exception of some of the new goals require you to craft an item only when that goal pops up and not items already made. How do I access them? Depends on the goal. Some goals you have to manually load in the goal list.

:confused:How come I cannot buy an item, such as a wall? If you are at the max allowance then you have to sell some to make more. It says I need to "level up". Currently we do not have the ability to do this if you are at 30, as this is the highest level. What does that mean? Currently nothing. How do I do that? Currently you can not.

:confused:How come when I gather materials/parts needed to upgrade a structure and complete each one, the "build" key is grayed out where I cannot choose it to build/upgrade? That is a known bug. First try force closing your game, if that doesn't work, try uninstalling, then installing, and if that doesn't work you may need to contact support.

HELP ON ALL PLEASE:o

THANKS!:D

Much smarter people will come by later and give you better answers than I have

Lilipipi
06-09-13, 12:51 PM

I think RED1229 wanted improvements in those areas:
1. Make the levels go beyond Lv 30
2. Fix issues regarding full inventory unable to fulfill kingdom goals
3. Get rid of limits on the number of walls one can possess
4. Fix the bug related to upgrade/building issues.

Gardienn
06-09-13, 01:32 PM
Can we please have an option to search for and visit/view specific kingdoms without having to invite them?

And/or can we please have the option to delete friend requests we've made so if we want to change our minds or clear our full lists to invite new folks, we can?

Thanks.

maguar
06-09-13, 03:41 PM

I think you did a good job

ghjvcucjb
06-09-13, 04:40 PM
I think you did a good job

Awww, thanks...*blushing* everything ive learned I've learned from here and your awesome guides!

*as an aside* you're probably only saying this in hopes that I won't post 100 witty things on your wall, yes?

ghjvcucjb
06-09-13, 04:42 PM
I would like an option to edit posts please. Auto correct sometimes makes me look silly and it would be nice to go back and correct it.

maguar
06-09-13, 04:46 PM
Awww, thanks...*blushing* everything ive learned I've learned from here and your awesome guides!

*as an aside* you're probably only saying this in hopes that I won't post 100 witty things on your wall, yes?

If its 100 witty things over 100 days all good. 100 in 1 day and I might go hide

Oliver118
06-09-13, 10:50 PM
People keep mentioning gameplay strategies, but I think Castle story really needs a Brewery, where you can craft different beers, wines and ales and perhaps it could be related to Thurston's goals. Two new crops:
White grapes
Dark grapes
Barley
Brewery crafting recipes:
Beer-10 Barley, 2 Alchohol, 5 Water
White Wine-10 White Grapes, 5 Alchohol, 2 Water
Red Wine-10 Dark Grapes, 5 Alchohol, 3 Water
Cider-5 Apples, 2 Alchohol, 5 Water
NOTE: Alchohol is a rare drop from Tavern (in my idea, at least)

Oliver118
06-09-13, 10:51 PM
Oops, forgot to mention this.
Pub Trade (Royal Exchange)
5 Beer
5 White Wine
5 Red Wine
5 Cider
5 Alchohol

Pub trade could give you 10 gems along with rare items.

HNO3
06-09-13, 11:04 PM
People keep mentioning gameplay strategies, but I think Castle story really needs a Brewery, where you can craft different beers, wines and ales and perhaps it could be related to Thurston's goals. Two new crops:
White grapes
Dark grapes
Barley
Brewery crafting recipes:
Beer-10 Barley, 2 Alchohol, 5 Water
White Wine-10 White Grapes, 5 Alchohol, 2 Water
Red Wine-10 Dark Grapes, 5 Alchohol, 3 Water
Cider-5 Apples, 2 Alchohol, 5 Water
NOTE: Alchohol is a rare drop from Tavern (in my idea, at least)

Um, shouldn't that be yeast, and not alcohol? Anyway, much as I would love to have beer in the tavern, it's not going to happen. TL seems to want to keep their games technically alcohol free (probably for their age ratings in the App Store). The really obvious bottle of champagne on ice in RS is labeled "chilled drink" and Thurston is said to be drowning his sorrows in ROOT beer at the tavern at one point.

wealthyrich
06-10-13, 06:00 AM
The badges are beautiful, someone suggested that little flags be given so we can stick them around the kingdom

wealthyrich
06-10-13, 06:01 AM
Or new exhibition building, where if we tap on it, we can see the badges in the full glory of the beautiful artwork

Gardienn
06-10-13, 06:40 AM
The badges are beautiful, someone suggested that little flags be given so we can stick them around the kingdom

I second this idea. I'd like to see this posted as badges as part of our profiles too.

Oh--while talking about profiles, can we please have the option to view other people's profiles? And then if you add those badges on there, we can ooooo and aaahhhh over them and try to get more ourselves.

mamareader02
06-10-13, 08:56 AM
Shorter adventures,love the dock/fishing ideas!and MORE KITCHENS PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Lilipipi
06-10-13, 09:37 AM
Shorter adventures,love the dock/fishing ideas!and MORE KITCHENS PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Yes, yes, yes!!! This is exactly what I want also. :)

ghjvcucjb
06-10-13, 09:44 AM
Regarding kitchens, at some point the kitchens start to sit idle. I stopped using them for weeks as I had a huge inventory of all the feasts for adventures. I only started using them again to try and get badges and glimmer trove but after that they'll slow down to a crawl again.

mamareader02
06-10-13, 10:01 AM
The only time my kitchens were idle were during the valentine time,other than that,I'm busy making sugar,flour,choc,and other stuff for the feasts,and I'm on CS constantly

RoslynShryl
06-10-13, 11:38 AM
It would be nice to have in the My inventory the ability to touch the consumable tab and see the consumable goods like the crops we grow and the food we make also Special should have shards and such in it

Just saying (Grin)
RoslynShryl

carleeclub
06-10-13, 12:06 PM
I would like to see more animals that we can buy with coins not jewels.
Also it would add to the expereience to have more people walking around, even if they don't pertain to any goals, just as decoration. Farmers, Lords and Ladies, children, etc.

zenemi
06-10-13, 10:56 PM
This! I'd love to be able to better organize when looking for stuff. Everything is a material!

I'd love to say more expansions, but my favorite part of the game is the story Team Lava builds in especially to the expansions. So i can't in good conscience rush the developers. Take your time and I can't wait for the great
Also, I posted twice about the ad levels and they dropped significantly. Thanks Team Lava! I cannot say how much I enjoy this game and how much you guys take feedback into account. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

liliputlane
06-11-13, 04:24 AM

Agree, need another kitchen..please!

jimboser
06-11-13, 08:15 AM
Just a suggestion, but it would be great if there was a way to tap trees for sap, rather than having to chop down an entire forest to have enough sap for a bottle of maple syrup... That, or give a bit more sap for the trees that are cut down.

I've got lots of glue needing to be made, and I've been growing trees for days and running my lumber mills at full tilt.

jimboser
06-11-13, 08:32 AM
Whoops, found the Suggestions thread. Can a moderator please merge this with that thread? I'm not seeing a way to delete my post.

(edit-KP) merged over for you!

jimboser
06-11-13, 08:43 AM
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I think it would be appreciated by many folks. How about if the Market Place were an actual Market Place, and not just a building that dropped a few coins?

Here's what I'm thinking. We've got all these folks that are short on this, maxed out on that... Just have them go to the Market Place and they can buy or sell whatever they want. For a twist, don't make the prices static, the back end could do some calculations and develop a market value for each item based on how many are available or in demand at any given time. Someone sells 99 water, excess supply, price drops a bit. Someone buys all the sap, instant shortage, price goes up.

Adding a quantity might be a bit much, but I'd hope to have at least 10 of something bought/sold at a time. It's a long scroll list of items, might be room for 3 buttons for quantity of each, maybe 10/25/50?

Kicking around ideas here...

kurgan
06-11-13, 09:23 AM
I agree with jimboser above:

A real marketplace between players; Storm8 gets a number of Gems per trade as a commission.

Queenzod
06-11-13, 09:24 AM
New feature!
You can now try and destroy the things in other kingdoms. Remember, the more protected your buildings are, the harder it is for other people to destroy them! You can also protect your things from the war. However, you can't destroy kingdoms with dragons! (NOTE: This feature is only for kingdoms level 15+.) Monsters can also protect your kingdom-or destroy it. Train them in the Monster Training Centre.

I just want to go on record as being opposed to the idea of inter-kingdom wars. One of the reasons I like this game is b/c it's gentle and kind. I don't want to aggress on my neighbors, I want to help them more. With all the strife in the world today, CS is a nice respite from violence. Just a girls opinion. :)

kurgan
06-11-13, 09:28 AM
Wrong game, Quennzod.

jimboser
06-11-13, 10:12 AM
Wrong game, Quennzod.

Maybe not. There have been many a time I've visited a neighbor's kingdom, and noticed a foul creature lurking, and wished I could **** it to help them out. Also to get the fur... Seems better than collecting hearts.

Lilipipi
06-11-13, 10:16 AM
I like heart by the little trove. How about adding heart to craft buildings too? We don't get any experience points when collecting from craft buildings, but perhaps neighbors help could reduce craft time by 20%? :) :) :)

jimboser
06-11-13, 11:09 AM
New one: S is for Skunku-Pie! I don't know how I got it, but I have one in my inventory.

Please note: I don't want to eat something named Skunku-Pie, but I would like to give it to Thurston. He wanders around, acting all that with his shiny armor on. I clothed him, and in the words of Janet Jackson, he hasn't done anything for me lately. I mean, I am running around watering and harvesting and old boy can't pick up a sword every once in a while and **** an ogre for me. Just sayin'. Next time he gets in my way when I'm watering my trees, I may feel the need to throw a Skunku-Pie in his face.

The above stolen from another thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?44476-Castle-Story-Inventory&p=649722&viewfull=1#post649722)...

Having helpers in the game would certainly be nice. Thurston to slay some beasts, Ivy to tend plants, Thomas for finding more spell books in the library, etc. I mean, seriously, I'm the ruler of this little kingdom, and I've got to tend to every bloody thing myself? Where are the servants?

Yes, Ivy does help 'slightly' with her hut, but Thurston and Thomas are about useless most of the time.

BungoCook
06-11-13, 02:16 PM
I just want to go on record as being opposed to the idea of inter-kingdom wars. One of the reasons I like this game is b/c it's gentle and kind. I don't want to aggress on my neighbors, I want to help them more. With all the strife in the world today, CS is a nice respite from violence. Just a girls opinion. :)

Nah Queenzod isn't taking about wrong game. They are referring to a suggestion by Oliver 118 on the first page of this thread. I too am not up for wars between neighbouring or "stranger" kingdoms. Also not interested in dragons or flying stuff. I like the fact that there is not too much "busy" animations in CS unlike DS which was way too much big constant motion for me. reason why I haven't built the observatory yet, and won't if I can avoid it.

BungoCook
06-11-13, 02:20 PM
I agree with jimboser above:

A real marketplace between players; Storm8 gets a number of Gems per trade as a commission.

Or maybe restricted to between neighbours only?

jimboser
06-11-13, 02:32 PM
Or maybe restricted to between neighbours only?

From a programming standpoint, that would be much more involved I would think.

RED1299
06-11-13, 03:05 PM
thanks for the info! I was so happy to see a response. So, if 30 is the highest level currently and some items are locked by goal, then I will not be able to access them until the levels are increased? also, what I mean by inventory full is for example: the serenade tower says inventory full, I never crafted or obtained them in any way. further, my kingdom goals needs this item but if my inventory really I full then shouldn't I be able to fulfill that goal? but yet I couldn't and had to use gems to skip it.......force closing worked on the bug issue! ;)

TinksThots
06-11-13, 03:53 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet, and I think it would be appreciated by many folks. How about if the Market Place were an actual Market Place, and not just a building that dropped a few coins?

Here's what I'm thinking. We've got all these folks that are short on this, maxed out on that... Just have them go to the Market Place and they can buy or sell whatever they want. For a twist, don't make the prices static, the back end could do some calculations and develop a market value for each item based on how many are available or in demand at any given time. Someone sells 99 water, excess supply, price drops a bit. Someone buys all the sap, instant shortage, price goes up.

Adding a quantity might be a bit much, but I'd hope to have at least 10 of something bought/sold at a time. It's a long scroll list of items, might be room for 3 buttons for quantity of each, maybe 10/25/50?

I like this soooo much! Without more marketplace quests for gems after fish, this is the perfect way to get some use out of that building!

ghjvcucjb
06-11-13, 05:06 PM
I wonder if we could get a 24 hour notice when prices are about to go up on items. One of the games my DD plays has announcements about new items, limited items including 1 day left to buy such and such whenever she opens the game. Maybe a notice that states 24 hours and the price to skip Alicorn parts will double would allow those on the fence to get in before it's too late.

Wollstonecraft
06-11-13, 07:07 PM
This may have been suggested before but how about a MILL that can be used to grind wheat into flour and corn into cornmeal (then cornmeal recipes in the kitchen).

And a SUGAR REFINERY to turn sugar can into sugar and syrup.

That would free up our kitchens for making actual recipes instead of making flour, sugar, syrup etc. all the time.

Wollstonecraft
06-11-13, 07:11 PM

Great idea about the mermaid pond, I am always running out of scales.

Also think it would be wonderful to be able to put the other characters in our Kingdom to work. Especially putting to work in their areas of expertise. Thurston battles beasts, Ivy harvests crips or flours/plants for potions....brilliant. :)

Wollstonecraft
06-11-13, 07:14 PM
I second this idea. I'd like to see this posted as badges as part of our profiles too.

Oh--while talking about profiles, can we please have the option to view other people's profiles? And then if you add those badges on there, we can ooooo and aaahhhh over them and try to get more ourselves.

I third this idea, we should be able to show off our fancy new bages somehow. :)

MBRBTBRB
06-12-13, 12:07 AM
Paths need to continue under arches/gates. It looks silly to have a gap in the path where it goes from one side of the arch/gate to the other side.

River or stream tiles which join up would be awesome!

MBRBTBRB
06-12-13, 01:37 AM
Horse! We need a horse! I don't know what it would drop, maybe fertiliser to increase crop yield?

markusdlv
06-12-13, 02:48 AM
Please solve the gem-trap issue. We lose tens of gems by accidentally speeding up useless stuff like carrots.

A possibility would be to include a confirmation screen. This could be either enabled automatically or toggled in the settings screen.

arale_norimaki
06-12-13, 04:03 AM
Great idea about the mermaid pond, I am always running out of scales.

+1
The mermaid pond is, without doubt, the most requested feature in the game, lol. Even if the drop rate is as small as the trove's that would be an improvement from the current situation!

maguar
06-12-13, 04:38 AM
thanks for the info! I was so happy to see a response. So, if 30 is the highest level currently and some items are locked by goal, then I will not be able to access them until the levels are increased? also, what I mean by inventory full is for example: the serenade tower says inventory full, I never crafted or obtained them in any way. further, my kingdom goals needs this item but if my inventory really I full then shouldn't I be able to fulfill that goal? but yet I couldn't and had to use gems to skip it.......force closing worked on the bug issue! ;)

All walls/gates/wall towers are combined in the one count. So you've hit the limit on walls with your other walls so you can't craft the serenade stuff. Sell a couple of walls and you'll be able to craft them.

evangelina812
06-12-13, 07:47 AM
How about the ability to go inside the houses/buildings that we make? This may take some time, but I think it could work! THere could be different things to do inside the houses, different things to collect, etc! For example, once we build Ivy's Hut, we could click on it, and next to where it would have "Gather materials" if it were an upgradable building, it could have "Go Inside" or something like that! And inside you could find Ivy and she could tell you "Refill the Birdhouse" since there is a bird house on her hut. You would get a reward for feeding the birds! How you would feed the birds, is after she gives you the challenge, you click "GO", and it would take you to a new setting with a close-up of the bird house, and you would click a "REFILL" button located about the bird house! There could be a limit of how many of these challenges you could do a day, maybe one in each building, or a total of 10. The reason I suggest this is because I know a lot of people don't have any more challenges to do because they've done them all, and this way you could repeat the challenges for the individual buildings that you've already done, because, for example, you'll need to refill the bird house at some point again because "the birds will have eaten all of the bird seed inside it!"

Please tell me if this does or doesn't make sense. I'm just really excited about it all, and don't know quite how to explain what's going on in my mind! You can send me a PM, I check the forums every day!

mathstagelover
06-12-13, 10:45 AM
How about the ability to go inside the houses/buildings that we make? This may take some time, but I think it could work! THere could be different things to do inside the houses, different things to collect, etc! For example, once we build Ivy's Hut, we could click on it, and next to where it would have "Gather materials" if it were an upgradable building, it could have "Go Inside" or something like that! And inside you could find Ivy and she could tell you "Refill the Birdhouse" since there is a bird house on her hut. You would get a reward for feeding the birds! How you would feed the birds, is after she gives you the challenge, you click "GO", and it would take you to a new setting with a close-up of the bird house, and you would click a "REFILL" button located about the bird house! There could be a limit of how many of these challenges you could do a day, maybe one in each building, or a total of 10. The reason I suggest this is because I know a lot of people don't have any more challenges to do because they've done them all, and this way you could repeat the challenges for the individual buildings that you've already done, because, for example, you'll need to refill the bird house at some point again because "the birds will have eaten all of the bird seed inside it!"

Please tell me if this does or doesn't make sense. I'm just really excited about it all, and don't know quite how to explain what's going on in my mind! You can send me a PM, I check the forums every day!

I totally get where you're going! That's a great idea! It could be called "Inside Buildings" or "Building Interactions" in the poll. I wonder if the poll that's going to be put out has a description of the suggestion, otherwise it'd be really confusing and no one would vote for it. If this suggestion were placed in the poll, I would definitely vote for it!

As for my suggestion, how about having an extra "confirm" step when you're about to buy something with gems. I'm always clicking on things without realizing what I've clicked on, and end up losing all of my valuable gems!

mathstagelover
06-12-13, 10:47 AM
Horse! We need a horse! I don't know what it would drop, maybe fertiliser to increase crop yield?

Great idea as well!

jimboser
06-12-13, 11:55 AM
How about the ability to go inside the houses/buildings that we make?

I see where you're going, sort of. My first thought is that this sounds a bit like Bakery Story, click to start doing a thing, click again to do another thing, then click again to finish the thing. I honestly don't want to sit there and tap a bunch of times to do some particular task. What you're describing sounds a bit like a mini-quest, or like something you might do at one of the Kitchen buildings (pick a chore at Ivy's Hut, Feed bird (10 millet), clean (craft 2 brooms), etc).

It would certainly give some additional options of things to do, if the rewards were right.

TL can do this right after they finish up my improved Marketplace idea up above. :cool:

HNO3
06-12-13, 01:46 PM
I know lots of people have been asking for some sort of way to get more sap. Wouldn't the simplest solution be a Maple Tree? It would work just like the fruit trees but drop sap when tended.

evangelina812
06-12-13, 02:39 PM
I see where you're going, sort of. My first thought is that this sounds a bit like Bakery Story, click to start doing a thing, click again to do another thing, then click again to finish the thing. I honestly don't want to sit there and tap a bunch of times to do some particular task. What you're describing sounds a bit like a mini-quest, or like something you might do at one of the Kitchen buildings (pick a chore at Ivy's Hut, Feed bird (10 millet), clean (craft 2 brooms), etc).

It would certainly give some additional options of things to do, if the rewards were right.

TL can do this right after they finish up my improved Marketplace idea up above. :cool:

Bakery Story is one of the few TL games I don't have, but I do see what you mean. And good idea about the broom! You could craft two brooms once, have them in your storage at all times, and then whenever you need to "clean up" (may it be birdseed from this challenge or dust from another), you could swipe your finger back and forth across the screen until the "mess" is all cleaned up!

I also like your Marketplace idea!

jimboser
06-12-13, 03:01 PM
i know lots of people have been asking for some sort of way to get more sap. Wouldn't the simplest solution be a maple tree? It would work just like the fruit trees but drop sap when tended.

+1 :d

Wollstonecraft
06-12-13, 03:28 PM
How about actually learning spells at the wizard school? Once learned, we could enchant various buildings, animals, trees, ponds etc. to boost their output of supplies either permanently or even temporarily.

sylynce
06-12-13, 11:30 PM
I know lots of people have been asking for some sort of way to get more sap. Wouldn't the simplest solution be a Maple Tree? It would work just like the fruit trees but drop sap when tended.

+1!!!!

glsuper
06-13-13, 01:50 AM
Although I still lack an Alicorn and two expansions, I have a plethora of food items for quests and nowhere to collect from save for money buildings. My resources continue to build up and while the royal exchange helps, it would be nice to have other locations where I could trash items like excess mithril/old valentines objects/FOOD, or just another building that takes in all the unwanted objects for upgrades combined with a lot of money.

Em_storm
06-13-13, 03:46 AM

Agreed.

Um, shouldn't that be yeast, and not alcohol? Anyway, much as I would love to have beer in the tavern, it's not going to happen. TL seems to want to keep their games technically alcohol free (probably for their age ratings in the App Store). The really obvious bottle of champagne on ice in RS is labeled "chilled drink" and Thurston is said to be drowning his sorrows in ROOT beer at the tavern at one point.

Also agreed. I personally don't drink (not because I'm a prohibitionist, but because I've known too many alcoholics) and I like that it's root beer. We all know that if he were a real knight it wouldn't be the case, but face it: whether you personally are under 18 or not, this is also a kiddie channel.

Perhaps if not a kitchen, a bakery which would serve as a partial kitchen (kind of like the Tinker Camp works as a third Workshop/ Potion Shop). We could make flour, bread, pies, etc. there. I've never managed to max my inventory of anything from the kitchen (not that it's a goal of mine).

+1
The mermaid pond is, without doubt, the most requested feature in the game, lol. Even if the drop rate is as small as the trove's that would be an improvement from the current situation!

Maybe it could also drop an occasional coral. I'm sure we could find a use for it.

Organic gardening at its best.

I also Think the idea of the maple tree that drops sap is brilliant, but I forgot to select the quote.

Ok, now that I've sounded off, how about a plant (e.g., chamomile) that instead of dropping petals drops tea leaves which we could then make into tea. There are plenty of plants to choose from. Add a little lemon, maybe some sugar (if you're from a southern kingdom such as myself) and you're good to go. Or add some milk and the trendy can have chai.

arale_norimaki
06-13-13, 04:12 AM
Perhaps if not a kitchen, a bakery which would serve as a partial kitchen (kind of like the Tinker Camp works as a third Workshop/ Potion Shop). We could make flour, bread, pies, etc. there. I've never managed to max my inventory of anything from the kitchen (not that it's a goal of mine).

[...]

Ok, now that I've sounded off, how about a plant (e.g., chamomile) that instead of dropping petals drops tea leaves which we could then make into tea. There are plenty of plants to choose from. Add a little lemon, maybe some sugar (if you're from a southern kingdom such as myself) and you're good to go. Or add some milk and the trendy can have chai.

I love the idea of having bakery. Thee are lots of recipes at our kitchen that could be done at a bakery, we would have a new building and at the same time the ability to cook a little bit faster :)

Also +1 for making teas :) It is time for flowers to bring something that can be actually used daily ;)

luke1100
06-13-13, 04:42 AM
An expansion to the coast, docks, fishing hut, ships to get mermaid scales, fish, pearls.

Love the expansion to the coast idea with docks etc......
Also agree with the confirmation button when you accidentally hit something you didn't mean to .......
And really don't want to go to war with others........would just like to be able to help neighbours out more by either increasing the number of them that you can gift to and/or being able to fight a monster etc for them.

luke1100
06-13-13, 04:56 AM
Just had another idea.......how about being able to part pay towards expansions? For example.....to expand to the forgotten roost it will cost me 300,000 coins. ATM I have around 145,000 coins but would love to be able to put them towards that expansion and then carry on and top up again when I have some spare coins.

Queenzod
06-13-13, 05:02 AM
Love the expansion to the coast idea with docks etc......
Also agree with the confirmation button when you accidentally hit something you didn't mean to .......
And really don't want to go to war with others........would just like to be able to help neighbours out more by either increasing the number of them that you can gift to and/or being able to fight a monster etc for them.

I also like the idea of being able to fight monsters for people, but then it occurred to me suppose they're saving that monster? I save monsters on occasion and wouldn't like them to be ****ed for me when I was using it! Perhaps if you come across a monster in a neighboring kingdom and you tap on it, it gives a small reward, like one energy, or an extra rat tail or something for the owner when the owner finally ****s it. I don't run into many "open" monsters when I'm on rounds, so it's not like you'd be giving away tons of resources, since that seems to be a concern of TL.

Frosty_Wench
06-13-13, 05:15 AM
I just want to say that I think the quest line leading to a one-shot adventure with a guaranteed reward was a great idea, and I'd love to see more of those in the future (perhaps from Thomas, Thurston, or Sabina this time).

I know there was a giant bug with this one that, to my knowledge, has not been fixed and that I was unaffected by this bug. So maybe those who were affected have a different feeling about it, but I thought it was great. I've gotten pretty bored collecting/crafting/harvesting the same dozen or so items to go on the same quests every day. It was a welcome change. Plus, I love the glimmer trove.

jimboser
06-13-13, 07:12 AM
Now that the drops on various things have been tweaked, it would be great if TL could tweak the code just slightly to check if an item were maxed out before trying to drop it. For example, now that Pigglesworth is dropping mostly water (at least for me), all I generally see from him are a few coins because I'm usually maxed on water, since I'm trying desperately to get more mermaid scales (which have gotten rare).

Pigglesworth should be dropping things that are more rare, (how about an Apple or Orange tree for a change?) and not buckets of water or more common items.

evangelina812
06-13-13, 11:47 AM
Now that the drops on various things have been tweaked, it would be great if TL could tweak the code just slightly to check if an item were maxed out before trying to drop it. For example, now that Pigglesworth is dropping mostly water (at least for me), all I generally see from him are a few coins because I'm usually maxed on water, since I'm trying desperately to get more mermaid scales (which have gotten rare).

Pigglesworth should be dropping things that are more rare, (how about an Apple or Orange tree for a change?) and not buckets of water or more common items.

Great idea about Sir Pigglesworth! I've got the same problem. There was just one time where he gave me 5 gems, and that was pretty lucky, but it'd be great if he dropped a fruit tree.

I noticed you said apple or orange tree. Did he ever drop a lemon tree for you, or did you just have one already? Because if he actually dropped a lemon tree for you, my hopes for him are a lot higher! :o

jimboser
06-13-13, 01:35 PM
I noticed you said apple or orange tree. Did he ever drop a lemon tree for you, or did you just have one already? Because if he actually dropped a lemon tree for you, my hopes for him are a lot higher! :o

I should have phrased that better, sorry! LOL No, he never dropped a tree, only individual fruits. I've managed to get 3 lemon trees from quests, but the other trees are harder to come by, and I was hoping Sir Pigsalot could hook me up.

hurrymama
06-13-13, 02:34 PM
What I would like is a new storyline only accessable for players lvl 30. When I read the forum, I noticed that a lot of players lower than 30 already have a lot of storylines going, and still struggling to make everything happen. For me, playing toward lvl 30 was a lot of fun, and I had a lot of things to do. Now, being at lvl 30 for weeks, and only the Ali and a few (non permit) expansions to go, there is not a lot left to do. I would love to have a new storyline, make it difficult plzz, a thing that would make me play for weeks to go. We, lvl 30 players, are used to the fact that some things are hard to get, used to plan, gather, and wait. The gd throve was a nice but very easy task.. Make use sweat for weaks!
Btw, I love the idea of water/rivers, no cap to walls etc. To make our kingdom more beautiful.
Perhaps a new line with the shore, we could send our knights out on a ship for new adventures..
Still love the game. Only the randomness could be replaced by rewarding hard work.

Lilipipi
06-13-13, 03:07 PM
What I would like is a new storyline only accessable for players lvl 30. When I read the forum, I noticed that a lot of players lower than 30 already have a lot of storylines going, and still struggling to make everything happen. For me, playing toward lvl 30 was a lot of fun, and I had a lot of things to do. Now, being at lvl 30 for weeks, and only the Ali and a few (non permit) expansions to go, there is not a lot left to do. I would love to have a new storyline, make it difficult plzz, a thing that would make me play for weeks to go. We, lvl 30 players, are used to the fact that some things are hard to get, used to plan, gather, and wait. The gd throve was a nice but very easy task.. Make use sweat for weaks!
Btw, I love the idea of water/rivers, no cap to walls etc. To make our kingdom more beautiful.
Perhaps a new line with the shore, we could send our knights out on a ship for new adventures..
Still love the game. Only the randomness could be replaced by rewarding hard work.

Agreed. Do something nice for loyal players. :) I've been lv. 30 for months now. Would appreciate level up, increase in building cap, and special storyline. :) :) :)

lilobrat05
06-13-13, 07:40 PM
Please add a new way to collect mermaid scales! I never have enough I'm always waiting to collect them and my water supply is always full!!!! Add some kind of mermaid cove or something.

Annamaria87
06-13-13, 08:34 PM
With thoughts towards Halloween I would love to see ivy's family visit or perhaps she is homesick and wants to send her mom something with pumpkins and rat tails. This could be another trade. And lead to my next idea

I would like to see a connection to another "kingdom" that we trade with and talk about the duke, etc. perhaps that would lead to an overthrow. But mostly a visiting ruler to wander the kingdom

Another thought would be to have a tournament for the knights where we craft lances, armor, maces, etc for the knights and their horses. Ivy could give favors to winners

For Christmas we could help a lost Santa find his way with Thomas creating a new light for his reindeer

Oh so many ideas like leprechauns next march as they wander into our kingdom looking to scrounge up glimmer dust . . .

Annamaria87
06-13-13, 08:38 PM
Another thought, we have only one troll type show up beside the one time showing of the troll king, could we have both sexes and troll children. This goes for the critters as well. Leads to different fur types, horns and different potions. Maybe ivy has a craving for a certain rat tail?

vchanhs
06-13-13, 09:35 PM
Another thought, we have only one troll type show up beside the one time showing of the troll king, could we have both sexes and troll children. This goes for the critters as well. Leads to different fur types, horns and different potions. Maybe ivy has a craving for a certain rat tail?

You beast, you are not satisfied with just ****ing the father, now you want to **** the mum and kids and dismembered their bodies too.....I am horrified by your brutal behaviour. ...lol....just joking...

Lilipipi
06-13-13, 09:36 PM
Some more 1 plot decorations would be nice. Round flower pot to place in corners, for example. I kind of like camp fire, bench, and other decorations that we got. I want some more variety of that please. :) :) :) I did not like pumpkin patch though. Honestly it's not that pretty and takes too much space, especially when it's not giving anything.

On the variation of cats, we could have a special pet cat, similar to Sir Pigglesworth. Maybe we could feed the cat fish and he can cough up mermaid scales and furballs. I'm sure Ivy will have some use for furballs. :)

Lilipipi
06-13-13, 09:46 PM
We need more ways to use up the purple things that the purple cow gives us. I am full on purple dye and purple petals. We do use limited number of dyes for upgrading buildings but that's about it.

graciemarie1
06-13-13, 11:00 PM

totally LOVE that idea! The firtilizer could be used to shorten growing times too!

MBRBTBRB
06-14-13, 03:53 AM
totally LOVE that idea! The firtilizer could be used to shorten growing times too!

That's a good suggestion, shortening growing times would make more sense. It would be easier to code too. The horse drops fertiliser which is added to the inventory. I then click on a crop and get two options to speed it up: the first is the existing way to spend gems to finish the crop immediately, the second option spends one fertiliser to halve the remaining time on the crop.

evangelina812
06-14-13, 07:00 AM
That's a good suggestion, shortening growing times would make more sense. It would be easier to code too. The horse drops fertiliser which is added to the inventory. I then click on a crop and get two options to speed it up: the first is the existing way to spend gems to finish the crop immediately, the second option spends one fertiliser to halve the remaining time on the crop.

What I was thinking too!

ernstg
06-14-13, 09:37 AM
I could be nice to see recipe list while a building is producing an item. So you can prepare quests in advance.

ErnstG

turtle805
06-14-13, 12:42 PM
How about a little more balance in some of the trades. I am always maxxed out on some items (that there is little or no other use for) while I have to wait for the others. I'm not asking for it to be easy, but I haven't been able to do a trade with belladonna in weeks because I can't get enough rat tails for the trade and still have enough for everything else we need rat tails for. How about something like this:
Trade with Belladonna: living wood 30, mushrooms 35, rat tails 5
Troll Hunter Trade: troll horns 10, creep tooth, 25, bones 25
Trapper trade: Hides 35, wool 25, fur 8

While we are at it, how about a trade using dyes(so we can use up some petals), maybe one of those red bows we made in the love shack, and wool or hides (If we had another trade for wool/hides then the trapper trade might not seem so unbalanced). A purple trade would be nice, glimmer bulbs, purple petals and purple dye.

turtle805
06-14-13, 12:50 PM
It would be really cool if when I tap on an empty plot to plant something and the little screen comes up, if my inventory count for each plant type was listed next to it.

ghjvcucjb
06-14-13, 12:54 PM
Love the idea for a petal or ink trade. I would spend more time watering flowers if there was a use for petals.

OR...a way to craft clothes out of wool, ink, jewels so we can change outfits once in a while, even if it's the same outfit, just different colors. That way we can send our clothes to the dry cleaners once in a while, beating up SKUNKupines is inherently smelly work. It would be nice to freshen up once every few months. Can't imagine what visitors to my kingdom must think.

ghjvcucjb
06-14-13, 01:17 PM
You beast, you are not satisfied with just ****ing the father, now you want to **** the mum and kids and dismembered their bodies too.....I am horrified by your brutal behaviour. ...lol....just joking...

LOL! Was thinking the same thing!

Uh hmmm, I think the trolls may all be female. :confused:Take a close look at their upper torso area (trying to keep this a family forum) and see if you think the same thing. Don't ask how I originally noticed this.:cool::D

Lilipipi
06-14-13, 04:32 PM
Lv 30 people need to start leveling up! Starting with level 31, perhaps energy refill speed can be shortened at 30 second increment. Also with each level increase enable them to have more craft buildings and buildings. Many people have already maxed out the 26 building cap for royal buildings.

When new royal buildings come out, it's agonizing to sell expensive buildings for little bit of coins. It's not like we get the building materials back. Rather than coins, I'd rather get the building materials back, even if it was only a half of what I invested in it.

People have been demanding free exchange between players. Problem is that at lower level people need golden apple, mermaid scale, and golden nuggets from within the game. Making it those accessible to people still completing in-game goals will make the game too easy for them.

Perhaps exchange could take place between players that have already finished all the goals. To prevent "extra account" from concentrating materials to the main account, the number of exchanges between two players could be limited to a certain number per day, and equal "value" exchange could be enforced. For example, cannot exchange a mithrill for an apple.

I would like to see shorter adventures. Perhaps each of the characters in the game can be sent on a short adventure to gather materials. Ivy can gather nature-related stuff, Thurston... hm. useless, Sabina can gather sweet things, and Thomas can gather new recipes or exchange menus.

Getting new exchange menu will be really cool. Thomas can come back with an idea, saying did you consider exchanging ____ for ____? And the exchange could show up on the exchange building. :)

turtle805
06-14-13, 04:37 PM
We have a jeweler, what if we had a furrier (it could drop furs)

turtle805
06-14-13, 04:50 PM
One might think that the sawmill would throw out a wood log or two in the same way that the mines toss out earth wisps. I need something to help with the wood shortage. I have 21 stone blocks, 16 fancy blocks, 12 royal blocks, 4 enchanted blocks, and 1 ornate block. Yet here I sit unable to do anything because I can't come up with enough wood to make beams.

Queenzod
06-14-13, 05:02 PM
LOL! Was thinking the same thing!

Uh hmmm, I think the trolls may all be female. :confused:Take a close look at their upper torso area (trying to keep this a family forum) and see if you think the same thing. Don't ask how I originally noticed this.:cool::D

Yes...I see your point. However, I have known a lot of men with that same, um, physique. :)

TinksThots
06-14-13, 05:37 PM
It would be really cool if when I tap on an empty plot to plant something and the little screen comes up, if my inventory count for each plant type was listed next to it.

Oh yes, this!

mizarian
06-14-13, 06:52 PM
Lv 30 people need to start leveling up! Starting with level 31, perhaps energy refill speed can be shortened at 30 second increment. Also with each level increase enable them to have more craft buildings and buildings. Many people have already maxed out the 26 building cap for royal buildings.

When new royal buildings come out, it's agonizing to sell expensive buildings for little bit of coins. It's not like we get the building materials back. Rather than coins, I'd rather get the building materials back, even if it was only a half of what I invested in it.

People have been demanding free exchange between players. Problem is that at lower level people need golden apple, mermaid scale, and golden nuggets from within the game. Making it those accessible to people still completing in-game goals will make the game too easy for them.

Perhaps exchange could take place between players that have already finished all the goals. To prevent "extra account" from concentrating materials to the main account, the number of exchanges between two players could be limited to a certain number per day, and equal "value" exchange could be enforced. For example, cannot exchange a mithrill for an apple.

I would like to see shorter adventures. Perhaps each of the characters in the game can be sent on a short adventure to gather materials. Ivy can gather nature-related stuff, Thurston... hm. useless, Sabina can gather sweet things, and Thomas can gather new recipes or exchange menus.

Getting new exchange menu will be really cool. Thomas can come back with an idea, saying did you consider exchanging ____ for ____? And the exchange could show up on the exchange building. :)

I agree with you, and I'd add more gifting, not only 3.

annamarie87
06-14-13, 08:23 PM
I have thought that about their physique as well. As for the blood lust, never thought that I was really slaying them - more like sword rattling and scaring them away! Hmmm, need to rethink that!

Queenzod
06-14-13, 11:05 PM
This is a strange thing, but I've always hoped that the color of the grass might be a little deeper green. When I'm in edit mode, the colors really are deep and rich. The yellow green of normal play mode is a trifle harsh on the ol' eyeballs.

Geesh, I am such a nitpicker!

queenofpolharcity
06-15-13, 08:39 AM

I have made this suggestion several times. There are very few things that we can buy with coins--the Marketplace could sell actual ingredients and use the coins we gather, just as a real city would do. Currently I have more than 85,000 coins accrued--and nothing to pay for except seedlings or the occasional building upgrade.

queenofpolharcity
06-15-13, 09:03 AM
It would be nice to have in the My inventory the ability to touch the consumable tab and see the consumable goods like the crops we grow and the food we make also Special should have shards and such in it

Just saying (Grin)
RoslynShryl

If we could just organize the tabs in Our Inventory List to take out the things we have no control over (that's a separate issue, by the way) -- and have logical tabs like Animals, Plants, Decorations, Buildings, etc., -- there is no logic now, and we have to hunt thru everything to find one thing!

And for the things we have no control over, why don't we? I have suggested this many times, so I guess once more won't hurt! Instead of a Storage Building that does nothing, why can't we have one that holds all our inventory, such as gifts, wisps and other things we make, find, etc. When we want to apply them to a building upgrade or build, WE apply them ourselves, instead of them just flying everywhere making us crazy with frustration!!

I have been ready to quit playing this game many times when I am upgrading a building only to check on the progress and see there are NO fancy blocks at all, because they have been snatched by some other upgrade!!

mizarian
06-15-13, 10:48 AM
I have made this suggestion several times. There are very few things that we can buy with coins--the Marketplace could sell actual ingredients and use the coins we gather, just as a real city would do. Currently I have more than 85,000 coins accrued--and nothing to pay for except seedlings or the occasional building upgrade.

I agree wit u, this is another interesting idea!

mizarian
06-15-13, 10:53 AM

Yes, I like this idea! :)

ghjvcucjb
06-15-13, 11:22 AM
Yes...I see your point. However, I have known a lot of men with that same, um, physique. :)

I think I may need eye bleach now...:(

;);):D

Oliver118
06-15-13, 11:32 AM
We could have more precious gems:
Pearl
Emerald
Ruby
Topaz
Sapphire
Amethyst
Diamond
These could drop from Glimmer trolls. Then we could have a Jewellery store, in which you can trade rare resources (including these new jewels) for gems. It would make life a whole lot easier, and it would also be a very good use for some of those resources in the game that don't have a use at all such as Fey Crystal, Big Ruby etc.

Oliver118
06-15-13, 11:59 AM
Also we could have a new Special building: the Time fortress. You will need Magic Ink, Glimmerdust, Rainbows, Pocket watches and more with the Time fortress. There you can travel in time to explore, collect new resources, adventure and discover new things which you can use with new items in the Market. These are the new items:
Celtic cow
Italian goat
Egyptian cat
Great Pyramids of Giza
Silk trader's market
Roman villa
Colosseum
Penny farthing bicycle
Tudor cathedral
Historic bushes

Gardienn
06-15-13, 12:02 PM
Also we could have a new Special building: the Time fortress. You will need Magic Ink, Glimmerdust, Rainbows, Pocket watches and more with the Time fortress. There you can travel in time to explore, collect new resources, adventure and discover new things which you can use with new items in the Market. These are the new items:
Celtic cow
Italian goat
Egyptian cat
Great Pyramids of Giza
Silk trader's market
Roman villa
Colosseum
Penny farthing bicycle
Tudor cathedral
Historic bushes

That changes the purpose of the game into something it's not and alters the storyline. I don't like this idea. It would be interesting in another game, though.

journeysmom
06-15-13, 12:56 PM
Wish there was a way to organize and view our inventory. Even if just alphabetical.

RotomGuy
06-15-13, 02:24 PM
Wish there was a way to organize and view our inventory. Even if just alphabetical.

Yes. Yes please.

And this Glimmerdust Trove has given me a bunch of ideas.

A new item that only the Glimmerdust Trove drops: Glimmer Gems.

A new enemy, triggered by collecting from the Trove, or from something else that gives Glimmerdust. The Glizardwasp.
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5434/u46o.jpg
Please excuse the poor drawing! This would be attacked differently. The player would have a bow and arrow to strike the flying creature. Where the swords would normally be, there would be a target in the middle. And a crosshair moving back and forth along the pop-up. The player would tap the screen when the crosshair was on the target to deal damage.

It would drop Glimmer Scales and Glizardwasp Tailstingers.

The Glimmerdust Trove will rarely drop a 5th Knowledge Shard: Alchemy II. This allows the converting of Glimmer Gems to Jewels, Glimmer Scales to Mermaid Scales, and Glizardwasp Tailstingers to Rat Tails.

A new trade opens up in the Royal Exchange called the Glimmer Trade. For 30 Glimmerdust, 10 Glimmer Gems and 10 Glimmer Scales the player can do a 4 hour trade for Glimmer Blocks and Glimmer Beams.

And another new resource building, the Glimmering Tree, which can be constructed for 6 Glimmer Blocks, 4 Glimmer Beams, 2 Magic Cement and 5 Wisp Lanterns can be constructed. This is the wood version of the Deep Mine, and it drops Wood, Sap, Living Wood, and rarely Magic Moss.

Magic Moss is the wood equivalent of Mithril and TL can use it later for something.

Oh my word, I write far too much.

Lilipipi
06-15-13, 06:09 PM
Lol it's quite cute. :)

Lilipipi
06-15-13, 06:18 PM
It will be nice if we had new types of towns buildings and incentive to build them. Towns buildings only give coins and there's not much that we get from upgrading them other than some more coins. With royal buildings we get royal points and coins so it is more appealing to build royal buildings.

How about assigning some points to towns buildings similar to royal points? Perhaps with certain towns points we could have more craft buildings or exchange rights (ability to exchange with nbrs). After all more citizens we have in the kingdom more productive it will be.

Any ideas for new towns buildings? ;)

Lilipipi
06-15-13, 06:25 PM
Ideas for new town buildings: bookstore, print shop, apothecary, bakery, potter, inn, tarot shop, you name it!

Lilipipi
06-15-13, 06:26 PM
Perhaps we could introduce this towns building concepts to higher level as to not confuse people that are just starting. Give higher level people something to do! :) Might need more expansions to do this though. ;)

journeysmom
06-15-13, 07:29 PM
Love the Glizardwasp!

Oh and yes, give us the ability to edit our posts!!

TinksThots
06-15-13, 10:00 PM
Oh and yes, give us the ability to edit our posts!!

I've moderated on several forums over the years, and owned a couple myself, and believe me, it's a pain in the butt decision: have posts stuck with typos that your users can't fix themselves, so they're constantly PMing you or your mods to fix them, or double and even triple posting corrections and cluttering up the threads -OR- users being free to change their posts however they please, whenever they please, after being replied to, and especially after being quoted, and the resulting confusion.

Without editing abilities, there can be no question who said what, and while I don't see malicious misquoting or purposeful "I didn't say that!" editing being a big issue on a forum like this (as opposed to politics... now THOSE get messy!), I can also see why they'd want to avoid the possibility of any issue like that arising altogether simply because of the amount of traffic here and how hard it is to find quality mods you can trust to keep up with it. I don't blame them in the slightest for not having editing available to all users. It's almost more hassle than it's worth, and that's speaking from a lot of personal experience.

My two cents. :)

Oliver118
06-16-13, 12:26 AM
OK, maybe 2 more expansions to the Southwest (because currently we can only go up to the gateway, but I would like to be able to expand to the gateway) Also 2 expansions to the North so we can expand beyond the Forgotten Roost and also some more expansions to the East plz

BriarAvenue
06-16-13, 12:12 PM
Can there be a way to trade the pink furs to energy or ordinary furs pls? Rather than having them max as useless inventory. Same for many other stuff too. Just want to get rid of them. Thx

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 04:20 PM
Can there be a way to trade the pink furs to energy or ordinary furs pls? Rather than having them max as useless inventory. Same for many other stuff too. Just want to get rid of them. Thx

Could be part of bad witch comes to town series for the Halloween, giving us the ability to turn dark magic stuff into normal things by countering with pink valentine drops.

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 04:24 PM
I still like Belladonna idea though... maybe she is cursed by the bad witch and helps us counter the bad magic with pink magic when we transfer back to her human form from her black cat form.

After she gets freed, she can roam the kingdom, occasionally turning into black cat and turning back into human form. It will be fun. ;)

Gardienn
06-16-13, 05:37 PM
Could be part of bad witch comes to town series for the Halloween, giving us the ability to turn dark magic stuff into normal things by countering with pink valentine drops.

I still like Belladonna idea though... maybe she is cursed by the bad witch and helps us counter the bad magic with pink magic when we transfer back to her human form from her black cat form.

After she gets freed, she can roam the kingdom, occasionally turning into black cat and turning back into human form. It will be fun. ;)

Yuck. Magical, I like. Witchcraft, I don't. One thing I really liked about this game is the fantasy aspect without the witchcraft. It flirts with it but hasn't crossed the line, and for that reason I keep playing. Please keep outright witchcraft out of the game.

Sonflower77
06-16-13, 07:41 PM
My Suggestion: 1) When there are "News" visitors, Wall Posts, Neighbor Invites, or when we visit another kingdom - It would be most helpful to have their Social ❤ Rating visible. Having their Social ❤ Rating visible would allow us to make an educated decision, before accepting an Invite or giving an Invite to someone else; 2) Elevate arches/gates, so that Thurston, Ivy, or myself doesn't hit their heads, as we travel through them.

I Agree: 1) Paths to continue under arches/gates; 2) The ability to craft coal; 3) Horses ... (Maybe even Knights riding horses through the kingdom.); 4) Maple Tree, that drops Sap; 5) My Inventory with usable tabs with items within those categories; and 6) When tapping the Garden Plot, to have out current inventory of each crop visible.

Thanks Team Lava for making such a quality, family oriented game!

kezzy69
06-16-13, 08:31 PM
I can't seem to get my game to recognise that I have played bubble seasons. It is part of a quest in the castle story game. There are only 3 islands so how do you get to island 6?

mamareader02
06-16-13, 08:32 PM
I know I'm on repeat,but I'm begging for SHORTER ADVENTURES!doesnt even have to be in castle,a new building,or maybe in the dock idea I read about on here,something for us with a slightly limited attention span(me).

Oliver118
06-16-13, 10:56 PM
TL,
a) We don't need any more summer updates, we've had weeks of that!
That's why I'm going to start planning ahead to the fall season. We could have Autumn Castle, Fall bushes, Foliage walls and new resources:
Red leaf
Orange leaf
Yellow leaf
Purple leaf
Conker
Chestnut
Acorn
Acorns and Chestnuts could be used with butter(rare drop from cows) and water to make Peanut butter, which could be used to craft Peanut Butter sandwiches which could be used in a trade with leaves in an Autumn trade in Royal Exchange.

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 11:44 PM
Yuck. Magical, I like. Witchcraft, I don't. One thing I really liked about this game is the fantasy aspect without the witchcraft. It flirts with it but hasn't crossed the line, and for that reason I keep playing. Please keep outright witchcraft out of the game.

Wait, I did not mean witches in forms of "witchcraft." I was thinking about light version of "oh I cannot turn back to my human form, help me!" kind of scenario, nothing serious. We made potion of clarity to see the magic garden, we made something this time for ivy to "see" glimmer trove, and we had other magical stuff to turn ivy and Thomas back into human forms. I was thinking more along that type of scenario.

What would you consider "crossing the line"? I am now really curious.

newzealander
06-17-13, 12:59 AM
My Suggestion: 1) When there are "News" visitors, Wall Posts, Neighbor Invites, or when we visit another kingdom - It would be most helpful to have their Social ❤ Rating visible. Having their Social ❤ Rating visible would allow us to make an educated decision, before accepting an Invite or giving an Invite to someone else; 2) Elevate arches/gates, so that Thurston, Ivy, or myself doesn't hit their heads, as we travel through them.

I Agree: 1) Paths to continue under arches/gates; 2) The ability to craft coal; 3) Horses ... (Maybe even Knights riding horses through the kingdom.); 4) Maple Tree, that drops Sap; 5) My Inventory with usable tabs with items within those categories; and 6) When tapping the Garden Plot, to have out current inventory of each crop visible.

Sonflower, some fantastic suggestions there. I echo the suggestion that the inventory is somehow divided into easier searched sections. And could we please have the ability to store fruit trees? With them now as coming more frequently as rewards from adventures, and not everyone making pies, it would be great to store them.

evangelina812
06-17-13, 05:35 AM
I like how Sonflower77 did it.

My suggestions:
Longer posts on walls

Halloween: Whole new quest line with Ivy:
She learns about Halloween. She wants a witch dress and witch hat (made in the clothing shop we could have). She puts them on. She decides to try to make a witches brew (with rat tails, of course!) The one she makes is apart-tail colored from too many rat tails. She asks the player to make it for her (no rat tails!) It is green. She and the player decide to play a trick on Old Thomas with the brew (I don't know what exactly the trick could be; maybe something having to do with Agnes???) Then they say it was just a trick and then Old Thomas learns about Halloween... Could go on and on, but I think I made my basic point.

The ability to go inside the buildings and do things in there. Here's what I wrote earlier:

How about the ability to go inside the houses/buildings that we make? This may take some time, but I think it could work! There could be different things to do inside the houses, different things to collect, etc! For example, once we build Ivy's Hut, we could click on it, and next to where it would have "Gather materials" if it were an upgradable building, it could have "Go Inside" or something like that! And inside you could find Ivy and she could tell you "Refill the Birdhouse" since there is a bird house on her hut. You would get a reward for feeding the birds! How you would feed the birds, is after she gives you the challenge, you click "GO", and it would take you to a new setting with a close-up of the bird house, and you would click a "REFILL" button located about the bird house! There could be a limit of how many of these challenges you could do a day, maybe one in each building, or a total of 10. The reason I suggest this is because I know a lot of people don't have any more challenges to do because they've done them all, and this way you could repeat the challenges for the individual buildings that you've already done, because, for example, you'll need to refill the bird house at some point again because "the birds will have eaten all of the bird seed inside it!"

I agree:
Horses dropping fertilizer
Paths under arches
Confirmation button when about to spend gems
A "Select All" button when asking stuff from neighbors
Mermaid Pond
Amount of food in inventory listed when growing crops
Blacksmith for tools
Halloween: Belladonna cat. Need transformation potion to bring her back, then she can walk around kingdom, occasionally changing back into a cat

Gardienn
06-17-13, 09:57 AM
Wait, I did not mean witches in forms of "witchcraft." I was thinking about light version of "oh I cannot turn back to my human form, help me!" kind of scenario, nothing serious. We made potion of clarity to see the magic garden, we made something this time for ivy to "see" glimmer trove, and we had other magical stuff to turn ivy and Thomas back into human forms. I was thinking more along that type of scenario.

What would you consider "crossing the line"? I am now really curious.

That sounds much more like this game and settles ok with me, as long as characters are not billed as witches or warlocks and require casting spells. I almost backed out of the game when it first started talking about Ivy being a witch, and I'm uneasy whenever she makes potions. Now, given the things she does and her feigning she's not, she really sounds like she is, and especially her sister, but the game stops short of calling her a witch, and her mixtures could be nothing more than cooking because so far she hasn't recited incantations, so for this reason I continue to play in good conscience. Should she or others start reciting mumbo jumbo, though, it will cross the line.

I almost left over the wizard school, asking for wizards, and spell books, and honestly, when I think about it, I have to consider selling my wizard school to get it out of my kingdom even though I appreciate the extra energy.

This is one of a few games that I play regularly, but I recognize that at some point I may need to choose between this and my conscience. If it ever gets to that point, the game will lose.

Thanks for asking. It's hard for a game to be magical without delving into sorcery and this game has done a decent job so far. I hope I'll be able to continue playing as the storyline progresses.

Gardienn
06-17-13, 10:03 AM

Excellent suggestions.

I'd like to add a request to make the scale the same or closer to each other on all items. The manor, Sabina's house, and the jeweler's buildings are grossly disproportionate to the others. The characters are giants compared to their dwellings, but this is more acceptable than a dinky jeweler and giant castle. I appreciate not trying to use up too much real estate in building footprints, but closer would be a bit better. A nine plot Sabina's house would have been fine by me. :)

Queenzod
06-17-13, 01:59 PM
All these suggestions are wonderful and I love reading them and thinking about what they would be like. However the ability to store fruit trees and whatnot, while that would be great, pales in significance to the MAJOR problems of bugs like the glimmerdust trove disaster last week, the lost alicorns and the gem traps. It seems imperative to get these things fixed and to be responsive to actual problems that are STILL occurring.

I am angry over the lost GD trove AND the fact that nothing has yet been done NOR have we gotten any info about it.

Speaking EMPHATICALLY now...

RotomGuy
06-17-13, 02:29 PM
The Fabled Lotus Lake, an object you can expand too.

When neighbours visit you, they can tend to the Lotus Lake. It doesn't matter if you have all hearts, no hearts, neighbours can tend to it no matter what. (unless you have 99 charge petals)

When you come on, you can tend to it, it will drop Charge Petals, one for each neighbour that tended to it.

In the Lotus Lake, you can craft various interesting objects with these Charge Petals.

For 10, you can craft a Super Strike. This will appear alongside the swords when battling monsters. This brings the monster down to 1 HP (except Troll King)
For 20, you can craft an Instant Fertiliser. This instantly grows one tree to adulthood.
For 40, you can craft an Instant Maturity. This instantly grows one animal to adulthood.
For 50, you can convert them into 10 Gems.

For 25, you can make a Pile of Rare Items.
For 50, you can make a Bucket of Rare Items.
For 99, you can craft a Crate of Rare Items. (guarantees at least one Golden Item)
Rare Items include: Sap, Rat Tails, Mermaid Scales, Glimmerdust, Troll Essence, Jewels, and Mithril.

There could be other crafts, but that's all I can think of right now.

Lilipipi
06-17-13, 09:40 PM
We had royal chicken idea in the last survey and I wonder what happened to it. ;) I like predictable source of materials. It would be nice if certain cows always gave cowhide. Even royal cows do not give steady source of cowhide and is sometimes frustrating.

jzolli
06-18-13, 03:59 PM
The Alicorn should be a total board reward. Automatically clicking all matured timed buildings, crops, and animals, etc.. Also i think i have a better sword, scissors, an axe, etc. why can't i **** things easier. Skunkpines = 1 hit, Fangbeast = not?troll = 3 hits??? why not?

gmamarilyn
06-18-13, 07:07 PM
Honestly, my subjects are really sick of wearing the same clothes everyday!!!! They could definitely a clothing store/tailor shoppe. To say the very least, a laundry? Mytopia

jimboser
06-19-13, 06:26 AM
The Alicorn should be a total board reward. Automatically clicking all matured timed buildings, crops, and animals, etc.. Also i think i have a better sword, scissors, an axe, etc. why can't i **** things easier. Skunkpines = 1 hit, Fangbeast = not?troll = 3 hits??? why not?

When I crafted the heavy duty fishing hook to get Thurston's helmet, at the time I was imagining that it would also let me haul up more fish and goodies from the bottom. Alas, that wasn't the case.

Yes, you would have thought the weapons would work better on those critters...

RotomGuy
06-19-13, 09:07 AM
Can the creatures actually give the amount of energy took to **** them back? Having to waste 5 Energy on a stupid Fangbeast only to get 2 back isn't very fair.

ghjvcucjb
06-19-13, 09:27 AM
Can the creatures actually give the amount of energy took to **** them back? Having to waste 5 Energy on a stupid Fangbeast only to get 2 back isn't very fair.

For me, it use to be that the trolls, skunkupines and lovcupines would return the actual amount or even more back. For example trolls would take 7 hits and return 7-9 energies. That's why I was always confused when I would see people saying they hated battling the beasts. Fangbeasts on the otherhand did not. If it took 5 hits, then i only recieved 3 back. But as of last week all the beasts started giving back less energy then it took to defeat them. Also lovcupines use to only need 2 hits and now it's 3 hits with only 1-2 energies returned.

Queenzod
06-19-13, 10:17 AM
For me, it use to be that the trolls, skunkupines and lovcupines would return the actual amount or even more back. For example trolls would take 7 hits and return 7-9 energies. That's why I was always confused when I would see people saying they hated battling the beasts. Fangbeasts on the otherhand did not. If it took 5 hits, then i only recieved 3 back. But as of last week all the beasts started giving back less energy then it took to defeat them. Also lovcupines use to only need 2 hits and now it's 3 hits with only 1-2 energies returned.

Mine are still giving a decent return. I earned 2 points on a skunkupie this morning. Fangbeasts are another matter - I always lose energy with them. Sometimes 3 points. But, I figure I'm getting some goodies for each ****, so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:30 AM

You can, it's already happened to me.

RotomGuy
06-19-13, 10:43 AM
You can, it's already happened to me.

I know it can happen, but for some reason I always get my energy back with anything but Fangbeasts.

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:45 AM
I am the opposite of you:)

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:55 PM
I know it can happen, but for some reason I always get my energy back with anything but Fangbeasts.

Oh, I know. I HATE fangbeast for that reason. His returns are dismal.

sdwombat
06-19-13, 01:06 PM
oh, i know. I hate fangbeast for that reason. His returns are dismal.

agreed!!!!!

Lilipipi
06-19-13, 01:08 PM
Yup. Fangbeasts are the most despicable monsters there is in the glimmer wood. I hate the dismal +2 energy.

Gardienn
06-19-13, 01:10 PM
Can we have more expansions (without needing permits) please? We're hungry for real estate so we can design even more awesome kingdoms.

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:24 PM
I've got a new resource building; Diamond Falls. From this Resource building, you can collect rare items. These include:
Glimmerdust
Mermaid Scales
Living Wood
Knowledge Shard
Mithril
Mysterious Venom
Magic fruit
Faerie in a Jar
Glimmerbulb
Gold Nugget
Golden Egg
Golden Apple
Sacred Horn
Sacred Wing

ggfdddgh
06-20-13, 02:15 AM
I would like the fourth Tabernum shard to give better drops of Sap from chopping trees, instead of the Alchemy. The Alchemy seems rather useless to me, and not worth the 100,000$ required to complete.

It would also be nice to have a quest to build Bank that gives the option to store our Gems for the long run and only use after a certain time or with a password. That way we could even have a chance of collecting 2-5 gems each time and save up to a wizard school, for example, without worrying the will disappear in gem traps.

appelbloem
06-20-13, 04:06 AM
I like most of your ideas and most are interesting except for your war and breaking down part. I'm really not interrested in breaking up thing in other kingdoms and if it would happen in mine I will probably quit the game. 

mamareader02
06-20-13, 07:11 AM
How about a teaser for us once in a while?our updates just pop up,once in a while we would like to be assured ahead of time that yes,this week we'll be getting an update,not just log into game on a Thursday and pray,hope that something new is there(or post pitiful threads on forum asking if anyone has seen anything new(yes,talking bout myself),or if goals have popped up surprisingly)

Lilipipi
06-20-13, 11:45 AM
How about a teaser for us once in a while?our updates just pop up,once in a while we would like to be assured ahead of time that yes,this week we'll be getting an update,not just log into game on a Thursday and pray,hope that something new is there(or post pitiful threads on forum asking if anyone has seen anything new(yes,talking bout myself),or if goals have popped up surprisingly)

That will be nice! Maybe the developers team is on a time crunch themselves trying to roll out an update for us, so things get pushed out at the last minute. I wouldn't mind a last minute update pushed out today. :) Better something and nothing and that something might get me stay hooked. ;)

Lilipipi
06-20-13, 11:46 AM
Better something than nothing.. typo there..

jimboser
06-20-13, 12:38 PM
From this thread:

here is the dialogue for Trader's Badge:

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/3a7f0084a3c9b7d7c3a4fcdfe865ee57_zpsbc9d27dc.jpg

Trading is NOT buying and selling. Buying and selling are when you exchange coins for goods. Me thinks the odds of a real marketplace to buy and sell are doomed if TL believes that trading = buying/selling.

mamareader02
06-20-13, 12:40 PM
Methinks we need an update:)

DaCKmayor
06-20-13, 09:39 PM
Only thing I would really like right now is to be able to get as many walls as I want. Have a wall/tower/gateway decorations that don't give you royal points. Just would like that to improve the look of my kingdom.

millimoo17
06-20-13, 10:21 PM
First of all thanks to TL this is a lovely game.
My suggestion is for the storage building. Perhaps after a certain level Old Thomas can find useful objects I
Hidden away in the storage building. It would need to be non perishable goods so no food but could be fancy/ royal/ enchanted beams or blocks, glues or other potions, or even the odd decoration.

Oliver118
06-20-13, 10:33 PM
I would like a new Royal Building-behold the Fancy tower! The Fancy tower requires Fancy building supplies, Superglue and Jewels!

Lilipipi
06-20-13, 10:44 PM
Methinks we need an update:)

I agree 100x over. :) I hope the update comes out before the holidays. How about summer special? Yeah that sounds good. We can expand to the coastal area and have a chat with mermaids and sea monsters.

Oliver118
06-20-13, 10:58 PM
Castle story: Summer (suggestion)
-Expand to the sea, visit the Sea kingdom and meet mermaids and other sea creatures there.
-Free the Glimmer wood from the Glimmer winter spell, maintained by the Baron's evil wizard, Malgor!
-Plant and harvest new tropical crops used in exotic recipes!
-Find new summer resources!
-Look for new strange and magical creatures in the Glimmer wood!
-Use a Summer workshop to craft exclusive new summer crafts!
-Create the ultimate summer kingdom!

Oliver118
06-20-13, 11:16 PM
Crops
Pineapple
Banana
Coconut
Guava
Passion fruit

Other new resources
Palm leaf
Date
Vanilla
Bamboo
Exotic flower

Summer shack recipes
Tropical feast-5 Ice cream, 8 Dates, 4 Coconut cordials, 1 Tropical juice
Tropical juice-1 Coconut, 1 Pineapple, 1 Banana, 2 Passion fruit, 2 Guava, 5 Water, 2 Sugar
Summer essence-1 Coconut cordial, 1 Mermaid Amulet, 5 Water, 1 Sunshine Potion
Sunshine Beam-1 Summer Essence, 10 Wood, 5 Fancy Beam, 5 Palm leaves
Sunshine Block-2 Summer Essence, 10 Stone, 5 Fancy Block, 2 Exotic flowers

SPECIAL
Mermaid amulet-5 Pearls, 5 Water, 5 Diamonds, 2 Exotic flowers
Sunshine potion-5 Water vapours, 10 Water, 5 Pearls, 5 Bananas
Mermaid tiara-5 Diamonds, 5 Pearls, 24 Silver Ore
Summer wand-2 Sunshine Potions, 5 Glimmerdust, 10 Water, 1 Mermaid Amulet

Oliver118
06-20-13, 11:25 PM
NEW MARKET ITEMS
Decorations
-Summer fountain
-Seashell wall
-Living wall
-Summer lamp post

Buildings
Ice cream factory (Resource)-3 Sunshine Beam, 3 Sunshine Block, 5 Ice Cream (drops Ice cream and other summer resources)
Mermaid cave(Special)-5 Sunshine Beam, 5 Sunshine Block, 2 Summer Essence, 1 Mermaid Amulet
Sunshine tower(Royal)-9 Sunshine Beam, 8 Sunshine Block, 5 Summer Essence, 1 Sunshine potion

Nature
Tropical glade-Drops Exotic flowers, Bamboo, Vanilla, Dates and Palm leaves
Palm tree-Drops Palm leaves and dates
Exotic flower patch-Drops Vanilla and Exotic flowers
Vanilla flowers-Drops Vanilla
Bamboo tree-Drops Bamboo

Adventure(s)
Rescue the Living Forest(Rescue)-1 Tropical Feast, 2 Coconut cordial, 1 Summer Essence, 10,000 coins

Oliver118
06-20-13, 11:26 PM
Other resources
Pearl-From Sea Kingdom
Diamond-From Sea Kingdom

sdwombat
06-21-13, 06:13 AM
Other resources
Pearl-From Sea Kingdom
Diamond-From Sea Kingdom

I have to say, I am always fascinated with your creative suggestions. TL needs to hire you!!!

mamareader02
06-21-13, 07:43 AM
Wow Oliver-awesome suggestions!

RotomGuy
06-21-13, 09:57 AM
New Quest Line - Ivy's Fun with Food

New Crop - Garlic - 2 hours, 30 minutes
New Mushroom - Glowing Mushroom - Obtained through Dark Caves quest
New Rare Drop - Necro Nut - Rare drop from Arcane Oak

New Craftables
Garlic Bread - 10 Garlic, 2 Bread
Auroral Essence - 2 Enchanters Essence, 1 Lumin Essence, 20 Glowdust
Pizza Base - 3 Flour, 10 Water, 10 Milk
Pizza - 1 Pizza Base, 20 Tomatoes, 2 Cheese
Pizza Meal - 1 Pizza, 4 Garlic Bread, 25 Mushrooms
Cheese - 15 Milk

Skeleton* - 15 Bones, 1 Necro Nut
Skeleton Knight* - 25 Bones, 2 Necro Nuts, 25 Silver

New Buildings
Arcane Oak - (First is for free, then the second requires) 2 Auroral Essence, 75 Wood, 3 Enchanted Beams, 3 Enchanted Blocks - Drops Wood, Sap commonly. Drops Living Wood occasionally. Drops Necro Nuts rarely.

Summoning Station - 5 Auroral Essence, 4 Enchanted Blocks, 4 Enchanted Beams, 45 Bones - Craft the Skeletons in here.

The Quests
Smelly to Some - Grow 20 Garlic

Ivy's Pungent Bread - Make 2 Garlic Breads

Luminessent Fungus - Buy 1 Glowing Mushroom

Shrooms and Dust
- Collect 20 Glowshrooms
- Collect 30 Glowdust

Extra Bright - Craft some Auroral Essence

The Arcane Oak
- Gather 60 Rare Acorns from neighbours
- Use 5 Auroral Essence to grow the Tree

A Witchy Summon
- Place the Arcane Oak
- Build a Summoning Station

A Witchy Summon Part II
- Gather 2 Necro Nuts
- Summon a Skeleton
- Use the Skeleton to beat up an enemy

Armoured and Dangerous
- Summon a Skeleton Knight
- Beat up 20 enemies using Skeletons.

Use of Skeletons
Alongside the swords, you can set down a skeleton or skeleton knight to battle enemies. The Skeleton has 5 HP, and the Skeleton Knight has 9 HP. They have a turn each, inflicting 1 HP and rarely 2 HP to each other. The enemies ****ed drop everything you would expect, along with the energy too.

Skeletons are also sent on a new adventure.

Calm the Haunted Fields - 1 Pizza Meal, 3 Auroral Essence, 5 Skeletons (Armoured Skeletons count as 2)
Has a rare chance of bringing back a Jambuticaba Tree (large black grapes which grow from branches) which appears as a leafless tree with the fruit growing from the branches. They will obviously be used for something good.

sdwombat
06-21-13, 10:00 AM

New Craftables
Cheese - 15 Milk

New Buildings
Arcane Oak - (First is for free, then the second requires) 2 Auroral Essence, 75 Wood, 3 Enchanted Beams, 3 Enchanted Blocks - Drops Wood, Sap commonly. Drops Living Wood occasionally. Drops Necro Nuts rarely.

Summoning Station - 5 Auroral Essence, 4 Enchanted Blocks, 4 Enchanted Beams, 45 Bones - Craft the Skeletons in here.

The Quests

Shrooms and Dust
- Collect 20 Glowshrooms
- Collect 30 Glowdust

The Arcane Oak

A Witchy Summon
- Place the Arcane Oak

A Witchy Summon Part II
- Gather 2 Necro Nuts
- Summon a Skeleton

Armoured and Dangerous

Use of Skeletons
Alongside the swords, you can set down a skeleton or skeleton knight to battle enemies. The Skeleton has 5 HP, and the Skeleton Knight has 9 HP. They have a turn each, inflicting 1 HP and rarely 2 HP to each other. The enemies ****ed drop everything you would expect, along with the energy too.

Calm the Haunted Fields - 1 Pizza Meal, 3 Auroral Essence, 5 Skeletons (Armoured Skeletons count as 2)
Has a rare chance of bringing back a Jambuticaba Tree (large black grapes which grow from branches) which appears as a leafless tree with the fruit growing from the branches. They will obviously be used for something good.

Wow! More absolutely awesome suggestions!

lotuskat
06-21-13, 10:04 AM
I love quest lines associated with Ivy! Great suggestions RotomGuy! (^.^)

ghjvcucjb
06-21-13, 10:06 AM
RotomGuy, yesterday when I logged on here, a screen popped up saying TL was looking for 16 people to join their team. You should consider working for them. You have some great ideas!

Lilipipi
06-21-13, 06:20 PM
I would like to know chance of an item drop in numbers, rather than as tiny chance, small chance, medium chance, and large chance. How tiny is tiny chance? 1%? 5%? 10%? Knowing numbers will put my mind at ease, even though it is still random.

Also, it would be nice if animals sometimes drop double milk, eggs, and wool. I know for pigs we get double and triple drops of bacon and that helps out a lot. Royal cow should drop more things for being a gem cow. At it doesn't even drop guaranteed prime cut. It should at least drop guaranteed cowhide.

06-21-13, 06:42 PM
New items, here goes (as most of you know, I usually include a lot in my ideas:))
Buildings
Grammar school-A Royal Building. Earns you Royal Points and also gives you books (and rarely spellbooks) for new upgrades for Library and for upgrading Grammar school. They can also drop knowledge shards (but these are extremely rare!)
Blacksmith's-A new crafting building. Use it to earn tools.
Animal stable-A new crafting building. You can craft certain animals with it.
Battlements-Train your knights so they can hold off all the enemies from your kingdom!

New expansion
Expand to the Dragon Song to welcome dragons into your kingdom! Hatch the dragons using the Forgotten Roost! Quest with all the characters to the Dragon Song so your kingdom isn't destroyed by the Great Kingdom War!

New feature!

I love your idea about the dragons. It would also be neat for there to be the crafting buildings you suggested except maybe instead of introducing a new blacksmith just make crafting tools available at the magic forge.

sdwombat
06-21-13, 07:08 PM
While I love a lot of the ideas on this thread (not to mention the creativity), I am not at all interested in a war game.

Oliver118
06-21-13, 11:59 PM

New Craftables
Cheese - 15 Milk

New Buildings

The Quests

Shrooms and Dust
- Collect 20 Glowshrooms
- Collect 30 Glowdust

The Arcane Oak

A Witchy Summon
- Place the Arcane Oak

A Witchy Summon Part II
- Gather 2 Necro Nuts
- Summon a Skeleton

Armoured and Dangerous

Use of Skeletons

Ooh, great ideas! What are necro nuts though?:confused:

RotomGuy
06-22-13, 01:39 AM
Ooh, great ideas! What are necro nuts though?:confused:

Neck Nuts are used to summon skeletons! They drop from the Arcane Oak.

blurbie
06-22-13, 01:46 AM
I don't want anything witchy or anti-religious. This is a fun passtime. Should it get too witchy, I am gone. My kingdom has no wizard school for that reason. Keep it fairy tale, Rennaissance, or Camelot and I'll be happy.

Gardienn
06-22-13, 06:31 AM
I don't want anything witchy or anti-religious. This is a fun passtime. Should it get too witchy, I am gone. My kingdom has no wizard school for that reason. Keep it fairy tale, Rennaissance, or Camelot and I'll be happy.

I'm with blurbie.

Gardienn
06-22-13, 06:40 AM
A little reclassification suggestion for the Royal Exchange:

Right now, everything is listed as a trade, but we don't get tickets when we trade tickets for crates or permits. A trade is a trade, and every trade should get a ticket, but if you reclassify the crates and permits as redemptions, then no return trade ticket makes sense and I don't feel gypped.

Sonflower77
06-22-13, 03:06 PM
NEW MARKET ITEMS
Decorations
-Summer fountain
-Seashell wall
-Living wall
-Summer lamp post

Buildings
Ice cream factory (Resource)-3 Sunshine Beam, 3 Sunshine Block, 5 Ice Cream (drops Ice cream and other summer resources)
Mermaid cave(Special)-5 Sunshine Beam, 5 Sunshine Block, 2 Summer Essence, 1 Mermaid Amulet
Sunshine tower(Royal)-9 Sunshine Beam, 8 Sunshine Block, 5 Summer Essence, 1 Sunshine potion

Nature
Tropical glade-Drops Exotic flowers, Bamboo, Vanilla, Dates and Palm leaves
Palm tree-Drops Palm leaves and dates
Exotic flower patch-Drops Vanilla and Exotic flowers
Vanilla flowers-Drops Vanilla
Bamboo tree-Drops Bamboo

Adventure(s)
Rescue the Living Forest(Rescue)-1 Tropical Feast, 2 Coconut cordial, 1 Summer Essence, 10,000 coins

I love ideas of a Sunshine Tower & the complementary suggestions.

In response to a suggestion by another member, I don't care for War, Witchy, or Skeleton anything. I was initially worried about the Wizard School when it was added, but it doesn't seem like Witchcraft, so I'm okay with it.

HNO3
06-22-13, 07:54 PM

Fairytales: witches and magic right and left. Most versions of the Arthur legends - Merlin, magic, and a witch or two. There's already magic explicitly in the game. Your first major quest line is reassembling a spell book so the player character or Thomas can turn Thomas human again. When you buy the wizard school the baron admits to having been the one to change him into a goat in the first place. Thomas also uses translator spells to decode the tablet. Ivy brews magic potions that give the PC visions. Not having the wizard school or being concerned about the word witch seems to be splitting hairs.

goldensed
06-22-13, 07:57 PM
I also am against war in a game that's about building and community. I don't want witchcraft and spells either. This game is about reaping what you sow with hard work and patience. I was very disappointed that the school is a wizard school but since it hasn't turned out to be anything but an energy factory, that's how I view it. I really would like a real school to be part of the game.

thetigerjack
06-22-13, 09:32 PM
I like how Sonflower77 did it.

My suggestions:
Longer posts on walls

Halloween: Whole new quest line with Ivy:
She learns about Halloween. She wants a witch dress and witch hat (made in the clothing shop we could have). She puts them on. She decides to try to make a witches brew (with rat tails, of course!) The one she makes is apart-tail colored from too many rat tails. She asks the player to make it for her (no rat tails!) It is green. She and the player decide to play a trick on Old Thomas with the brew (I don't know what exactly the trick could be; maybe something having to do with Agnes???) Then they say it was just a trick and then Old Thomas learns about Halloween... Could go on and on, but I think I made my basic point.

The ability to go inside the buildings and do things in there. Here's what I wrote earlier:

How about the ability to go inside the houses/buildings that we make? This may take some time, but I think it could work! There could be different things to do inside the houses, different things to collect, etc! For example, once we build Ivy's Hut, we could click on it, and next to where it would have "Gather materials" if it were an upgradable building, it could have "Go Inside" or something like that! And inside you could find Ivy and she could tell you "Refill the Birdhouse" since there is a bird house on her hut. You would get a reward for feeding the birds! How you would feed the birds, is after she gives you the challenge, you click "GO", and it would take you to a new setting with a close-up of the bird house, and you would click a "REFILL" button located about the bird house! There could be a limit of how many of these challenges you could do a day, maybe one in each building, or a total of 10. The reason I suggest this is because I know a lot of people don't have any more challenges to do because they've done them all, and this way you could repeat the challenges for the individual buildings that you've already done, because, for example, you'll need to refill the bird house at some point again because "the birds will have eaten all of the bird seed inside it!"

I agree:
Horses dropping fertilizer
Paths under arches
Confirmation button when about to spend gems
A "Select All" button when asking stuff from neighbors
Mermaid Pond
Amount of food in inventory listed when growing crops
Blacksmith for tools
Halloween: Belladonna cat. Need transformation potion to bring her back, then she can walk around kingdom, occasionally changing back into a cat

LOVE them! Especially the new Ivy Halloween quest and the going inside buildings part!

jdelvalle1
06-23-13, 08:33 AM
Wow, I'm guessing Maguar is going to have a ton of work collecting for that next poll lol there are enough suggestions here for a year of updates! Yikes! I love most of the though. I would love it if TL gave a varied update. What do I mean by that?

Give a systems/fix update & a small visual/content update or vice versa

Example of systems update: either use up the tabs in the storage & organize our stuff or get rid of the tabs altogether. The more time passes the more items we are going to get & the harder it'll be for them to organize stuff. Perhaps allow us to organize it ourselves.

Visual/content: new goal, building or decoration.

This is my favorite story game (all lost gems aside lol), because I feel accomplished here (compared to my tiny lv83 bakery), I have welcomed every update & would be happy with any new content honestly, but a system update/fix would go above & beyond to make this game truly perfect. Heck they can even boast that they just fixed an issue for the next update & I'll applaud all the same.

MiniLaura
06-23-13, 08:35 AM
I was very disappointed that the school is a wizard school but since it hasn't turned out to be anything but an energy factory, that's how I view it. I really would like a real school to be part of the game.

Interesting idea! Out of curiosity, what do you think a real school would do in the game? Would the school drop anything special or be part of a story line? Or would it simply be a town building that drops coins?

ghjvcucjb
06-23-13, 10:07 AM
Wow, I'm guessing Maguar is going to have a ton of work collecting for that next poll lol there are enough suggestions here for a year of updates! Yikes! I love most of the though. I would love it if TL gave a varied update. What do I mean by that?

Give a systems/fix update & a small visual/content update or vice versa

Example of systems update: either use up the tabs in the storage & organize our stuff or get rid of the tabs altogether. The more time passes the more items we are going to get & the harder it'll be for them to organize stuff. Perhaps allow us to organize it ourselves.

Visual/content: new goal, building or decoration.

This is my favorite story game (all lost gems aside lol), because I feel accomplished here (compared to my tiny lv83 bakery), I have welcomed every update & would be happy with any new content honestly, but a system update/fix would go above & beyond to make this game truly perfect. Heck they can even boast that they just fixed an issue for the next update & I'll applaud all the same.

Are you talking about the tabs under inventory? All of mine work, except consumables.

ITA! I love this game too!

ghjvcucjb
06-23-13, 10:13 AM
Usually I suggest mermaid pond & a dragon like a broken record but now that I'm fully expanded and almost fully upgraded on all buildings and have no workable goals I feel the most important things to me now are expansions and storylines with active participation goals.

Lilipipi
06-23-13, 11:45 AM
We have our lovely purple cow and Sir Pigglesworth. We need special chicken and sheep character too. Doesn't really matter what they drop but it would be lovely if they drop something unique for surprises. The special chicken I'm talking about is different from the royal chicken previously suggested.

Some ideas:

Red chicken: drops red items like apples, red petals, strawberries, hot peppers, ivy's hot sauce, what else is red?
Golden sheep: drops golden items

How about former circus master Lady Benedict the Bengal tiger? She can fetch all the monsters for us. :)
Ivy likes skunku-anything. Maybe she could tame one and call her by a special name and put a pretty bow on it. Ivy's pet skunk drops usual skunkupine stuff but does not have to be ****ed.

maguar
06-23-13, 03:01 PM
Wow, I'm guessing Maguar is going to have a ton of work collecting for that next poll lol there are enough suggestions here for a year of updates! Yikes! I love most of the though.

Always happy to have heaps of options to choose from. Those that don't make it into one poll get kept up my sleeve in case I can't get enough for a later poll.

arale_norimaki
06-23-13, 03:29 PM
Red chicken: drops red items like apples, red petals, strawberries, hot peppers, ivy's hot sauce, what else is red?

I like the Red chicken! More red stuff for drops: red dye, tomato, big ruby, Heart of the sands (several of them could be used in a future update), pasta. Also prime cuts and bacon (but have them drop from a chicken?!)

goldensed
06-23-13, 04:02 PM
MiniLaura, I'm not a creative storyteller so here's just some brainstorming! A real school could produce:
*anything an educated person could help with that goes along with a new quest line :-)
*game hints
*NOT coins since plenty if other buildings give that
*"points" toward hiring a real helper for our overworked ruler
*random supplies since students are learning all kinds if s****s already used/needed in the kingdom
*"points" toward extra wall pieces since more wall would be a great drop!!!
*....that's all from me... Someone else could offer other creative ideas...
As a teacher myself, I really want to see a real school since education has always been important for communities to make real advances. :-)

evangelina812
06-24-13, 12:48 AM
MiniLaura, I'm not a creative storyteller so here's just some brainstorming! A real school could produce:
*anything an educated person could help with that goes along with a new quest line :-)
*game hints
*NOT coins since plenty if other buildings give that
*"points" toward hiring a real helper for our overworked ruler
*random supplies since students are learning all kinds if s****s already used/needed in the kingdom
*"points" toward extra wall pieces since more wall would be a great drop!!!
*....that's all from me... Someone else could offer other creative ideas...
As a teacher myself, I really want to see a real school since education has always been important for communities to make real advances. :-)

Hmm... What if the school had "quests" similar to the market quests earlier on, where it asks you to do something (from as small as placing a decoration to as big as putting 20 things in storage, and bigger or smaller, those are just the ones I can think of right now). Then you would get a grade for how well you did (I'm not sure exactly how to code that, but I think it is possible), and then, kind of like trade tickets, once you get enough grades of the same type (even if you got say 10 F's), you could trade them in for something at the Royal Exchange. You could trade 5, 10, 15, or 50 of the same grade to get different things, depending on how many you trade and what grade they are. What do you think? And yes, I do agree with you about the coins. I have way more than I know what to do with!

goldensed
06-24-13, 07:38 AM
Evangelina, really great idea!! I knew somebody else could do it!!

lotuskat
06-24-13, 08:44 AM
Maybe the School can provide upgrades to existing workshops, mines, etc. You pay a hefty fee (either in coins or natural resources) in return for a permanent boost in either quantity or quality of collections from resource buildings. For workshops, it might cut down either the time required or the amount of ingredients/components required.

TimmyCobwell
06-24-13, 12:27 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but I would like to be able to view other players kingdoms, for instance, I would like to see Maguars kingdom! I frequent these threads and see a lot of people posting and I would like to see what everyone has, maybe to compare my own kingdom to theirs and visa-versa! Maybe like a search for kingdom, and type in storm 8 id??!

RotomGuy
06-24-13, 01:26 PM
Rarely, your knights could bring back a note. The note would say: Please send some help too ___

This would begin a dialogue of Old Thomas and Ivy getting worried about what this all about. Prepare a Help Basket like so:

5 Bread, 30 Milk, 1 Red Ribbon (for those without the Valentines day event, the Ribbon recipe could be added to normal workshops temporarily)

The Help Basket along with 10,000 coins sends your knights on the quest. This quest would return a Poorly Written Permit. This allows you to expand into 4 new areas. One is required for each. In the last of the for areas is a dusky, ruined house. Ivy suggests you fix it.
Fixing it requires 3 Ornate Beams, 3 Ornate Blocks, 2 Magic Cement and a Dusky Dusty Potion. (20 Glimmerdust, 20 Glowdust, 50 Water)
After this, a Spookook will appear. These are ghost-like monkey enemies. Fought differently, they instead take 0 damage most of the time you hit them, except one of the sword options deals a single damage. They have 3 HP.
They drop a Floating Banana. These Bananas begin a quest line with Ivy to make Magic Banana Split. (10 Floating Bananas, 4 Sugar, 2 Ice Cream)
Every time you check the house, a Spookook will appear. Until Ivy suggests you use a See-Ghost Potion. Using this reveals that the monkeys are just Glimmer Ook's who played with Magic. This then fuels Old Thomas's mind and he now thinks that we should begin investigating the creatures of the Glimmer Wood.

From then on, occasionally tending to objects may cause you to discover one of the 40 native creatures that live in the Glimmer Wood. This then allows you to start a research program at the house. There are three research program's for each creature, unlocked by the previous program. They are 2 hrs then, 8 hrs, then 24 hrs. A research program costs coins relating to the rarity of the creature.

Here's the thing: each creature corresponds to a specific drop. The more you research, the more frequently it drops. It's not a massive difference, but it's significant.

Not only does this end-game feature allow players to get other items more easily, it also allows players to have something to work for: fully researching every creature in the Glimmer Wood. Comments?

maguar
06-24-13, 03:17 PM
I haven't read the entire thread but I would like to be able to view other players kingdoms, for instance, I would like to see Maguars kingdom! I frequent these threads and see a lot of people posting and I would like to see what everyone has, maybe to compare my own kingdom to theirs and visa-versa! Maybe like a search for kingdom, and type in storm 8 id??!

Send me an invite. I let them sit for about a week or so before deleting them. This allows people to have a sticky beak, leave a message etc. All good

ghjvcucjb
06-24-13, 03:19 PM
Send me an invite. I let them sit for about a week or so before deleting them. This allows people to have a sticky beak, leave a message etc. All good

Is a "sticky beak" closely related to a sneaky peek? Or is it what happens to the manticore when it gets into the syrup?

ghjvcucjb
06-24-13, 03:21 PM
Not sure if I want a sticky beak but I do like your kingdom M....

maguar
06-24-13, 03:36 PM
Is a "sticky beak" closely related to a sneaky peek? Or is it what happens to the manticore when it gets into the syrup?

Sneaky peak, looky lou, gander etc

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 04:19 PM
(...)

I was remembering this idea, it would be so cool to have a bakery to craft all the sweet stuff we do in the kitchen...

Oliver118
06-24-13, 10:48 PM
Rarely, your knights could bring back a note. The note would say: Please send some help too ___

This would begin a dialogue of Old Thomas and Ivy getting worried about what this all about. Prepare a Help Basket like so:

5 Bread, 30 Milk, 1 Red Ribbon (for those without the Valentines day event, the Ribbon recipe could be added to normal workshops temporarily)

The Help Basket along with 10,000 coins sends your knights on the quest. This quest would return a Poorly Written Permit. This allows you to expand into 4 new areas. One is required for each. In the last of the for areas is a dusky, ruined house. Ivy suggests you fix it.
Fixing it requires 3 Ornate Beams, 3 Ornate Blocks, 2 Magic Cement and a Dusky Dusty Potion. (20 Glimmerdust, 20 Glowdust, 50 Water)
After this, a Spookook will appear. These are ghost-like monkey enemies. Fought differently, they instead take 0 damage most of the time you hit them, except one of the sword options deals a single damage. They have 3 HP.
They drop a Floating Banana. These Bananas begin a quest line with Ivy to make Magic Banana Split. (10 Floating Bananas, 4 Sugar, 2 Ice Cream)
Every time you check the house, a Spookook will appear. Until Ivy suggests you use a See-Ghost Potion. Using this reveals that the monkeys are just Glimmer Ook's who played with Magic. This then fuels Old Thomas's mind and he now thinks that we should begin investigating the creatures of the Glimmer Wood.

From then on, occasionally tending to objects may cause you to discover one of the 40 native creatures that live in the Glimmer Wood. This then allows you to start a research program at the house. There are three research program's for each creature, unlocked by the previous program. They are 2 hrs then, 8 hrs, then 24 hrs. A research program costs coins relating to the rarity of the creature.

Here's the thing: each creature corresponds to a specific drop. The more you research, the more frequently it drops. It's not a massive difference, but it's significant.

Not only does this end-game feature allow players to get other items more easily, it also allows players to have something to work for: fully researching every creature in the Glimmer Wood. Comments?

Wow, that's an amazing suggestion!

Oliver118
06-24-13, 10:53 PM
I also am against war in a game that's about building and community. I don't want witchcraft and spells either. This game is about reaping what you sow with hard work and patience. I was very disappointed that the school is a wizard school but since it hasn't turned out to be anything but an energy factory, that's how I view it. I really would like a real school to be part of the game.

I've already mentioned an idea of a Grammar school, which also drops Knowledge Shards and a wide range of books. It is included in a questline with Old Thomas.

Oliver118
06-24-13, 11:16 PM
This is related to my summer idea, by the way. Maybe Ivy could buy a holiday house in Camelot Bay called Glenwood cottage, and you would have to build it. It requires:
8 Fancy Beam
8 Fancy Block
5 Summer Essence
10 Fur

But you would have to expand to Camelot Bay first. The expansion requires:
10 Boarding Passes
10 Passports
15 Wisp Lanterns
5000 Royal Points
250,000 coins

Boarding Passes and Passports can be crafted from a Holiday Exchange, along with other craftables.
Holiday Exchange
Boarding Pass-30 Trade Tickets, 10 Ink, 5 Stamps
Passport-30 Trade Tickets, 10 Ink, 10 Stamps
Stamp-5 Ink, 10 Trade Tickets
Holiday Beam-5 Sunshine Potions, 30 Wood, 5 Stamps, 2 Sunshine Beam
Holiday Block-10 Sunshine Potions, 30 Stone, 10 Stamps, 2 Sunshine Block

Airport
In order for Ivy to go to Camelot Bay, you must build an Airport. The Airport requires:
5 Holiday Beam
5 Holiday Block
10 Boarding Passes
10 Passports

Then Ivy buys a holiday home for you (Glenwood Cottage) and you can find Glenwood Cottage in your inventory.

After that Old Thomas tells you how to run the airport. You can organize flights in your airport to different places. The more flights you accomplish (on time too) the better flights you unlock. You can keep on going forever and after accomplishing 200 flights, you unlock the ultimate flight-Sydney.

HNO3
06-24-13, 11:27 PM
After that Old Thomas tells you how to run the airport. You can organize flights in your airport to different places. The more flights you accomplish (on time too) the better flights you unlock. You can keep on going forever and after accomplishing 200 flights, you unlock the ultimate flight-Sydney.

Airports in a castle game? Really? Might as well suggest someone take an AK47 to the slimy baron to solve the succession crisis.

minndom
06-25-13, 04:18 AM
I think I saw a small tower (Sabina's?) fairly close to the steps but it vanished quite soon. Anybody else to notice that?

MiniLaura
06-25-13, 05:18 AM
Airports in a castle game? Really? Might as well suggest someone take an AK47 to the slimy baron to solve the succession crisis.
Maybe you fly by alicorn, thestral, dragon, or broomstick.

jdelvalle1
06-25-13, 08:16 AM
Are you talking about the tabs under inventory? All of mine work, except consumables.

ITA! I love this game too!

Really? My special tab isn't used for anything, I would think all the weapons, magic scissors, jeweled talon, dense fishing hook, wood to flesh potion, book of spells, badges, knowledge shards, permits, tickets, ect would go there.
Also I think consumables should be renamed to Food and all crops & cooked food could go there that way Materials could refer to mainly building materials?

What do you think? ^_^

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 08:51 AM
Really? My special tab isn't used for anything, I would think all the weapons, magic scissors, jeweled talon, dense fishing hook, wood to flesh potion, book of spells, badges, knowledge shards, permits, tickets, ect would go there.
Also I think consumables should be renamed to Food and all crops & cooked food could go there that way Materials could refer to mainly building materials?

What do you think? ^_^

I agree with you, tabs are useless the way they are now, there is way too much stuff in materials

ghjvcucjb
06-25-13, 09:12 AM

What do you think? ^_^

Now that you mention it, my specials is empty but I assumed that was because I didnt have anything "special", say an Alicorn ( hint hint TL) that would go in there. ITA that consumable should be renamed food. I also wouldn't mind if things were alphabetical under the specific Tabs only. Under ALL I like seeing what I got last because sometimes the inventory after collecting goes by too fast. But once in the individual tabs it would make searching for items easier.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 01:08 PM
We have a theatre, an amphitheatre, but we don't have a proper place for concerts!

I was thinking of a classic building, maybe inspired by the Royal Albert Hall or any other classic concert hall. There could be a line of goals attached to it, where all the characters sing (maybe this could be Thurston's secret gift) and organize a concert helped by our neighbors :)

Oliver118
06-25-13, 09:17 PM
Maybe you fly by alicorn, thestral, dragon, or broomstick.

Actually, you take a ride on an ali, MiniLaura, ya guessed it!:)

mymummy789
06-26-13, 02:01 AM
I wish they would allow more expansions. Never thought I'd say this, but I am starting to get a little bit bored. Having a bit more space to redesign would help. It's not as if there is no space available!!

Em_storm
06-26-13, 04:46 AM
How about a little more balance in some of the trades. I am always maxxed out on some items (that there is little or no other use for) while I have to wait for the others. I'm not asking for it to be easy, but I haven't been able to do a trade with belladonna in weeks because I can't get enough rat tails for the trade and still have enough for everything else we need rat tails for. How about something like this:

While we are at it, how about a trade using dyes(so we can use up some petals), maybe one of those red bows we made in the love shack, and wool or hides (If we had another trade for wool/hides then the trapper trade might not seem so unbalanced). A purple trade would be nice, glimmer bulbs, purple petals and purple dye.

I imagine this is intentional, like in RS where you have to collect a certain number of utensils before you can trade for "x" item.

Em_storm
06-26-13, 04:51 AM
Honestly, my subjects are really sick of wearing the same clothes everyday!!!! They could definitely a clothing store/tailor shoppe. To say the very least, a laundry? Mytopia

A tailor would be awesome! And would give us a use for all that dye, especially the purple.

BriarAvenue
06-26-13, 07:24 AM
Why can't we have the pine trees in plots that we expand into pls?
If other trees are there, why can't we have the pine trees as well?

Gardienn
06-26-13, 10:02 AM
Why can't we have the pine trees in plots that we expand into pls?
If other trees are there, why can't we have the pine trees as well?

There is a pine tree. Costs $1000.

BriarAvenue
06-26-13, 10:12 AM
There is a pine tree. Costs $1000.

I know, but that's not my question. Other plants can be purchased too.
If all the elms, willows, crabapples don't disappear after we expand, why not the pine too?

charliemouse123
06-26-13, 10:23 AM
Wouldn't it be better if the items were grouped together rather than just shown by the latest additions.
There are plenty of tabs but all my items are in materials or decorations.

charliemouse123
06-26-13, 10:31 AM
Or could our items be sortable?

arale_norimaki
06-26-13, 10:39 AM
People are talking about that in the Suggestions thread, you should join them :)

What do you think? ^_^

tanbi1
06-26-13, 11:44 AM
Agree!

RotomGuy
06-26-13, 01:04 PM

I forgot to mention: tending to specific objects has an occasional chance to discover the creature. Upon discovery, Old Thomas will open a dialogue discussing the new discovery.

Then you can open the Research House and find the creature you just discovered, and begin a 2 hour research session. After completing that, the drop becomes slightly more frequent. You can then immediately begin the second research stage, which takes 8 hours. This will make the drop more frequent and adds a chance that the drop will be doubled. Then, you can do the final research session, which is 24 hours. This makes the drop always drop (unless its something rare, like Mithril) and the chance of finding double drops a half.

The Research Sessions cost the following:

Session 1 - Amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop
Session 2 - Higher amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop, 1 Research Scope
Session 3 - Much Higher amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop, 3 Research Scopes, 3 Creature Samples

Creature Samples drop in the same way as the creature itself. Rarely collected from objects that the original creature comes from.

Research Scopes are crafted like so: 10 Stone, 10 Wood, 2 Glimmer Scales
Glimmer Scales are crafted like so: 5 Mermaid Scales, 10 Glimmerdust

After completing the 39 available research courses, Old Thomas will discover a Gemder. Gemder's make Gems more common drops from those which drop it, and doubles the amount obtained from the trades. Research sessions are different
Session 1 - 6 hrs - 40,000 coins, 5 Research Scopes
Session 2 - 18 hrs - 100,000 coins, 8 Research Scopes
Session 3 - 44 hrs - 350,000 coins, 15 Research Scopes, 15 Purple Dye

Gardienn
06-26-13, 03:02 PM
I know, but that's not my question. Other plants can be purchased too.
If all the elms, willows, crabapples don't disappear after we expand, why not the pine too?

OK--I see what you're saying. Makes sense to me.

evangelina812
06-26-13, 07:48 PM
Evangelina, really great idea!! I knew somebody else could do it!!

Thanks! That means a lot to me!

evritta
06-26-13, 08:38 PM
I am at level 30 so no more experience points to level up. It would be nice if once at level 30 you could earn more energy by visiting other kingdoms daily since there is no longer that boost of energy when leveling up. At least give coins and not blue stars since they no longer mean anything (as far as I can tell). Or some other way to get a boost of energy. I always looked forward to Leveling Up.

TinksThots
06-26-13, 09:09 PM
I am at level 30 so no more experience points to level up. It would be nice if once at level 30 you could earn more energy by visiting other kingdoms daily since there is no longer that boost of energy when leveling up. At least give coins and not blue stars since they no longer mean anything (as far as I can tell). Or some other way to get a boost of energy. I always looked forward to Leveling Up.
They haven't ruled out the possibility of higher levels in the future, and if they ever do raise the cap, you'll automatically jump to whatever level your number of XP brings you to, so they're not completely useless to keep collecting, we just don't know yet how far down the road that might happen. :)

Oliver118
06-26-13, 11:15 PM

I forgot to mention: tending to specific objects has an occasional chance to discover the creature. Upon discovery, Old Thomas will open a dialogue discussing the new discovery.

Then you can open the Research House and find the creature you just discovered, and begin a 2 hour research session. After completing that, the drop becomes slightly more frequent. You can then immediately begin the second research stage, which takes 8 hours. This will make the drop more frequent and adds a chance that the drop will be doubled. Then, you can do the final research session, which is 24 hours. This makes the drop always drop (unless its something rare, like Mithril) and the chance of finding double drops a half.

The Research Sessions cost the following:

Session 1 - Amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop
Session 2 - Higher amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop, 1 Research Scope
Session 3 - Much Higher amount of coins relating to rarity of creature and drop, 3 Research Scopes, 3 Creature Samples

Creature Samples drop in the same way as the creature itself. Rarely collected from objects that the original creature comes from.

Research Scopes are crafted like so: 10 Stone, 10 Wood, 2 Glimmer Scales
Glimmer Scales are crafted like so: 5 Mermaid Scales, 10 Glimmerdust

After completing the 39 available research courses, Old Thomas will discover a Gemder. Gemder's make Gems more common drops from those which drop it, and doubles the amount obtained from the trades. Research sessions are different
Session 1 - 6 hrs - 40,000 coins, 5 Research Scopes
Session 2 - 18 hrs - 100,000 coins, 8 Research Scopes
Session 3 - 44 hrs - 350,000 coins, 15 Research Scopes, 15 Purple Dye

That sounds so much like the Tablet to me!

Em_storm
06-27-13, 03:57 AM
I imagine this is intentional, like in RS where you have to collect a certain number of utensils before you can trade for "x" item.

Sorry, I meant to add that there's always one item that is harder to get than all the rest for each group of collectibles. You wouldn't want it to be too easy.

jua1978
06-27-13, 04:01 AM
Please we need a confirm buttom, I posted a complaint in the week avout missing gems. Teamlava emailed me back to tell me I used the gems to speed up time. I dont use gems to speed up time in CS but maybe I did it by mistake which I cant even recall, so I am rather angry with this situation as I have been saving for the wizard school for ages! now I need to save again. So please, please, please I suggest you give us a comfirm to buy or comfirm to use gems button ��

Frosty_Wench
06-27-13, 01:52 PM

I get where you're coming from, but the problem with this is that scarcity in this game is quite fluid. For example, fur used to be far and away the limiting resource in the trapper trade as you say. Then I got 2 Manticores and now my wool production doesn't keep up. I, for one, would not be happy with the requirements that you stated.

Similarly, I don't do Belladona's trade because, atm my rat tails are going towards Hot Sauce. But, I am noticing that I am starting to be able to accumulate the tails ever since I got the 2nd shard, and I put all my mushroom rings away once I got 2 glimmer dust troves. So I could easily see a situation where I would be collecting from mushrooms just to complete the trade.

jimboser
06-27-13, 02:29 PM
It would be great to be able to upgrade the King's/Queen's Keep, since it's such a central building.

Original requirements are: 5 Fancy Block, 5 Fancy Beam, 5 Simple Glue

Possible upgrade requirements: 3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 4 Blue Dye, 2 Super Glue
Next level: 3 Royal Beam, 3 Royal Block, 10 Jewels, 10 Mermaid Scales
Next level: 4 Enchanted Block, 4 Enchanted Beam, 3 Lumin Essence

Each level gives 50% more Royal points than before (base RP is 180), and reduces Quest times by 20% vs prior level.

Maybe one of the higher level upgrades would also include a 'Mystic Whirlpool', known in modern times as a hot tub, to help rejuvenate our poor overworked Hero.

sluppies
06-27-13, 02:34 PM
I'm liking your thinking. We definitely need to be able to utilise the easy to come by materials by crafting them into items that have become so hard to get.

sdwombat
06-27-13, 04:47 PM
It would be great to be able to upgrade the King's/Queen's Keep, since it's such a central building.

Possible upgrade requirements: 3 Fancy Block, 3 Fancy Beam, 4 Blue Dye, 2 Super Glue

Each level gives 50% more Royal points than before (base RP is 180), and reduces Quest times by 20% vs prior level.

Maybe one of the higher level upgrades would also include a 'Mystic Whirlpool', known in modern times as a hot tub, to help rejuvenate our poor overworked Hero.

Now this has to be one ofmthe best ideas I have seen yet!

Oliver118
06-27-13, 10:10 PM
I like the idea of regular updates for CS, but I prefer TL take extra time, if necessary, like every two weeks instead of every week, to make sure new content is bug free.

There's nothing more annoying that getting new content and having it glitch hard, like missing maturing Alicorns and disappearing trove adventure after starting the quest line. Much better to wait a bit more for accurately functioning gameplay.

And missing troves etc.

Oliver118
06-27-13, 10:13 PM

Oh, umm..OK.

Oliver118
06-27-13, 10:53 PM
Ancient and Ancestral
Ancient updates
I have a new idea about ancient content. There is a new expansion to the northwest. Expand to the Jade Ruins, and that triggers new goals with an old man and Old Thomas. The old man tells you to collect 'remnants' of the Jade empire (basically new ancient stuff in market) and tells you to build an Ancient Craft House, which you will need to complete these goals. Then the old man tells you to craft an Ancient Hammer, an Ancient Shovel and an Ancient Miner's Hammer (found in the special tab) He then tells you to re-construct the Jade Empire (recipe can be found in the Ancient craft house) He then tells you to collect some Jade pearls (rare drop from Jade ruins) and reveals himself to be the Jade Emperor. After that you have to build a Jade palace and the Jade Emperor asks you to expand to the Samurai ruins (southwest, by the coast)

Expanding to the Samurai ruins triggers another questline with another old man. The old man wants you to find his armour (this next bit is a bit like freeing Thurston) The old man tells you the whole story since he arrived at the Glimmer wood:

When the old man had arrived at the Glimmer wood he tripped over a rock and fell into a cauldron (they later discover it was Belladonna's) The potion destroyed his breastplate, so you will have to craft another one to replace the one that was destroyed using Samurai steel (rare drop from Samurai ruins) Then Fangbeasts attacked him and the old man had left his shield at the ruins so he couldn't defend himself. He dropped his leggings in a pond (or a well, he can't remember) and ran off, leaving his shoes and his sword behind. The Fangbeasts destroyed the sword, so you will have to craft another one using Samurai steel. The old man buried his helmet deep in a mine-or a rock deposit, he can't remember, so you will have to look in both. The shoes were later hid inside an apple tree by fangbeasts.

Then the man tells you to build an Ancient castle and to craft an Ancient Hammer, an Ancient Miner's Hammer and an Ancient Shovel, but using Samurai steel. Then the old man tells you to re-construct the Samurai empire and reveals himself to be the Samurai emperor. Then the Samurai emperor tells you to build a Samurai palace.

Oliver118
06-27-13, 11:01 PM
Ancestral updates
The ancestral goals (with the Baron and the Duke of Normandy, the Baron's cousin) are triggered by expanding to the Royal Mansion in the East. The Baron asks you to investigate the mansion and the Baron's ancestry, so you will be doing research sessions in the Royal mansion. If you find Family Jewels, another goal is triggered-Find the family where you research the Baron's family. Then you find out about the Duke of Normandy, the Baron's cousin. At first the Baron decides to lodge the Duke of Normandy in the royal mansion, but you must do a cleaning and repairs session first. But then the Duke of Normandy changes his mind and demands an Ancestral castle. Then the Duke of Normandy teaches you the secrets of Family Jewels and that to increase their drop rate you need some special ingredients-Fey Crystals, plenty of Family Jewels and plenty of Jewels. Then you must craft an Ancestral Increase potion in the Ancient craft house. Doing that unlocks a new adventure-Journey to Normandy. You must perform the adventure, and that unlocks the A&A castle, if you have also completed the Ancient goals.

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 02:07 AM

+1
I love this idea, the castle is completely forgotten and needs some repairs done, it is looking decrepit already!

debbmk
06-28-13, 03:33 AM
Why not a maple tree? Make it like our fruit trees. I keep chopping trees and get one sap. It makes it hard to do anything waiting so much energy for only one sap.

TinksThots
06-28-13, 06:53 AM
Please we need a confirm buttom, I posted a complaint in the week avout missing gems. Teamlava emailed me back to tell me I used the gems to speed up time. I dont use gems to speed up time in CS but maybe I did it by mistake which I cant even recall, so I am rather angry with this situation as I have been saving for the wizard school for ages! now I need to save again. So please, please, please I suggest you give us a comfirm to buy or comfirm to use gems button ��
Go add your vote... (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?38283-Who-wants-a-CONFIRM-button&p=620578&viewfull=1#post620578):\

maguar
06-28-13, 11:07 PM
Wow! So many suggestions with lots of great game play ideas. You'll find the new poll here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54562-Castle-Poll-and-suggestion-thread-29th-June-2013).