PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 - Newspaper

StacyLeeMeow
06-07-13, 10:54 AM
Good Day, not sure if this was a bug or not. When I went to shop on the newspapr just a few minutes ago, there were 6 items listed from the same neighbour. How is it decided who gets into the newspaper feed?

StacyLeeMeow
06-07-13, 11:19 AM
Just got the 30 min refresh and the same farm has 5 listed.

StacyLeeMeow
06-07-13, 12:12 PM
Another refresh, and 7 !!! are from the same farm, different person this time.
It is also not helpful that the farmers were both already my neighbours, so I can easily check the shop on my own.
I hope this is a temporary problem.

lucky8canuck
06-07-13, 12:37 PM
Another refresh, and 7 !!! are from the same farm, different person this time.
It is also not helpful that the farmers were both already my neighbours, so I can easily check the shop on my own.
I hope this is a temporary problem.

I can top that. Right now, of the 16 shop slots showing, a whopping 9 of them are all from one of my neighbours! All other slots are items from 7 different people (pretty sure all are neighbours...too lazy to check :P)

katycat4life
06-08-13, 12:58 AM
The majority of mine are filled up with the my neighbors, which is annoying seeing as though I can just click on the trade button with them

Araleth
06-08-13, 04:36 AM
Developers really need to fix the newspaper. I thought it was great the other day when it had 6 pages, but most were neighbours and there were multiple items from same farm. Also, why the heck was Stormiest showing up in the newspaper? One other pet peeve while I'm here - Where's the paint! I would love to upgrade some things and I don't usually mind buying a few diamonds, but will wait until some things are sorted out before I invest. Keep working on it guys, you have a potentially great game here, just needs some tweaking!

esmerelda35
06-10-13, 01:09 PM
I concur that the newsstand needs improving - was great originally, and now it is filled with neighbours' goods and multiple goods from the same person....and 30 minutes is too long, agreed; liked it much better when it was 15 minutes!
(and not sure if others are still getting up to 6 pages, or if that's been changed again recently, but I have never had more than the original 2 pages and I'm a very frequent player so it's not that I didn't notice it - and I've tried scrolling given that I've read others have had > 2 pages, and can't do that either. Not sure if it was tied to levels, but I'm level 22; or perhaps tied to number of slots one has opened up themself in their own market, in which case I haven't opened up that many, only 6, so maybe that's it).
(I also concur that I am really liking the game - just wish some minor things can be fixed).

Mylly2
07-30-13, 09:58 PM
I liked the newspaper a lot more when it featured community shops. It is of no use to me now, when it features my neighbours, it now doubles up produce.
I liked to shop from the newspaper, then visit that sellers farm to tap on their hearts,
I now need to go through the social icon to check for produce and it's too time consuming. ( I have already checked my neighbours produce first).

esmerelda35
07-31-13, 06:39 AM
It is nice that there is now 20 pages to flip through, but agreed - when it's filled almost entirely with neighbours, it's less benefit as I can flip throug the side shop to see my neighbours' shops (except those with lower # of slots who don't appear because I have too many neighbours). I too liked to cilck through the "visit" icon in the newspaper to see the person from whom I made the purchase, see if I want to invite them as aneighbour, click their hearts and most importantly, see if they have anything else good for sale in their shop besides just the item that was in the newspaper.

sweetsuite
07-31-13, 08:05 AM
This is really disappointing and a huge disincentive to having neighbours. I'm guessing that the more neighbours we have that are trading items, the more pages we will have. I'd rather meet the community in the newspaper and visit neighbours through my own stand. Please fix this, Teamlava.

07-31-13, 09:19 AM
I was able to scroll through about 6 pages of goods. Mines are also from many neighbors. I can deal with that. But WHY are the majority of the sales for the same thing? Cocoa beans, eggs, spinach juice. Why isn't there a variety? So annoying.

crisofer
07-31-13, 09:39 AM
Actually... While I would like having more than 2 pages of items in the newspaper, I now find that I cannot access the newspaper anymore, since it hangs with the "waiting" icon for about 10 seconds before crashing. Sometimes I get in, but after scrolling through about two pages, it crashes.

I have a feeling it has to do with having to load more data in memory. Unsure though.

But as it stands, for me, the newspaper is completely unusable. :(

BlueCanary
08-01-13, 08:11 AM
All of mine are from my neighbours as well. I'm not too keen on this change because I can access my neighbour's shops through my shop. The newspaper was a good way to browse through people who aren't neighbours, and opened up a nice way to visit new shops. We don't really need two ways to visit our own neighbours right next to each other.

esmerelda35
08-01-13, 09:21 AM
Just started a thread on this in the "Feedback" section of the Forum for Farm Story 2 in case Team lava isn't monitoring the discussions section of the Forum, so that they will hear what we have to say!

ButterPanda
08-06-13, 09:37 AM
Good Day, not sure if this was a bug or not. When I went to shop on the newspapr just a few minutes ago, there were 6 items listed from the same neighbour. How is it decided who gets into the newspaper feed?

This issue has been fixed. Force close and restart your games to see the changes. Please let us know if you see any new issues. Thanks!

Mylly2
08-10-13, 04:30 AM
Thank you TL for changing the newspaper back to community being featured.

I only have a couple of pages in my newspaper, does it depend on how many neighbours we have, as to how many pages we are offered?

jtm101
08-10-13, 06:31 AM
2 Pages seems to be the standard number, whether you have 3 or 800+ neighbours.

Mylly2
08-10-13, 03:27 PM
Thanks jtm101 for responding.