PDA

View Full Version : CS becoming too easy?

cityfan
06-06-13, 05:06 PM
I suppose I may be in the minority, but I feel that with all the
latest updates, CS is becoming almost too easy.

I'm at level 30, been playing for a while.
I remember the thrill of finally having 50 jewels for the caravan, and the
excitement of maxing out on glimmerdust for the first time...I had only
30 energy, and had to use it wisely to advance in the game.

Now, everyone has 40 energy plus the wizard school/alicorns for more,
the deep mines give jewels & silver a plenty, and now glimmerdust is easier
to get as well. I'm maxed out on almost all "natural resources now" - jewels,
silver, coal, sap, living wood, wood, stone, petals, and see no use in collecting
more.

For the first time in months, I beginning to be *gasp* bored in this game!
I miss the thrill of the challenge......Anyone else out there feel the same?

vchanhs
06-06-13, 05:10 PM
At least they keep mermaid scale the same....for now....

sugarzen6
06-06-13, 05:15 PM
Wow- I'm level 30 for some time too and though I do stay maxed out on many things, I'm never maxed on coal, silver or sap. I especially use the silver as quickly as I get it for the sweet feast quest. I'm loving the extra energy. Sorry you're getting bored- maybe the update will help?

sugarzen6
06-06-13, 05:16 PM
At least they keep mermaid scale the same....for now....

That's another item I never come close to maxing on.

marrrina
06-06-13, 06:29 PM
I'm level 30 with no alicorn (nor have I gotten any parts for him) and none of the new Trials are completing for me no matter what I do (except that expansion one) so no, I don't think it's gotten too easy :) The only thing I'm maxed out on is coal. For me there's always plenty work to be done in the game.

bowlfullofcherries
06-06-13, 06:43 PM
I see your point. Even an extremely difficult goal would be cool if it was obtainable through hard work and effort (what I thought T+T would be). Making everything too easily accessible is not the answer, but what is?

Then, this also may be perspective. Newer players may still be struggling with the challenges early in the game.

justk9188
06-06-13, 07:49 PM
The longer you player, the easier this game is to you.
Remember the first time you played and try to figure what to do.
By the way, if you're a gem-player, it's super easy for you with the push of "skip button"
For the other, especially new players, this game is NOT easy.

cityfan
06-06-13, 08:06 PM
Never used gems to skip goals....done them the hard way.
I'm low on mermaid scales as well, hope I don't see a mermaid pond next month :(

I'm just saying that the goals are getting easier, which for
me, makes them less fun. That's the reason I really liked
T&T when it came out. I still only have the 1 explorer badge... Not thrilled
about its randomness though, but it will be great when another of those
Badges finally pops up!!

PS. I was lucky enough to get both my deep mines without having to construct
them , those things really give out hoards of jewels and silver....it's easy to be maxed.

Lilipipi
06-06-13, 08:19 PM
I always had 40 energies. Now I have 4 alicorns and 2 wizard schools. I still don't find it easy with regard to energy. More would be better in fact. As we level up, we have more buildings and other things to tend, so need more energy.

Baraze
06-06-13, 08:19 PM
I agree, for new players its still a challenge. For older players of course it seems easy, we have most of the things built. We have two of everything, a tinker camp, no problems saving supplies, etc.

On my main island, I have just one expansion left, with three alicorns and every building built. I don't run out of supplies too often. I don't even find scales or glimmer dust hard to come by, because I hunt for them often.

On my newer account my island is a mess. I can't produce enough wheat and sugar. I'm trying to expand and save for enough pigs. My stocks are always low and this is with my knowing how the game works. Imagine someome who's green to it all.

if it doesn't seem as challenging, then find a personal game and try to beat it, until the next update comes.

wassupbaby
06-07-13, 12:12 AM
i'm with you , cityfan . and you know what , people always whine and whine about they couldnt get this,they couldnt get that and they'll always win :)and TL has done hell of the job making everything super easy. Well, what can i say , shake it off and move on.

justk9188
06-07-13, 01:38 AM
i'm with you , cityfan . and you know what , people always whine and whine about they couldnt get this,they couldnt get that and they'll always win :)and TL has done hell of the job making everything super easy. Well, what can i say , shake it off and move on.
Can you make Magic Scissor without 4th shard and deep mine ?
Play again without any item stocked for long time and dozen of goal fall on you.
I made this mistake and someone corrected me.
It may be easy to you - a long time player,
But it's hard for new player who don't know what to do first.

vchanhs
06-07-13, 01:51 AM
Play again without any item stocked for long time and dozen of goal fall on you.

Of course we can make magic scissors without the 4th shard and deep mines. Just need either mithril or gems.....lol....

But joking aside, please do not forget that long time players started as newbies a long time ago and also have dozen of goals falling on us. We just ploughed through while having a lot of fun at a disadvantage of 30 energy and no deep mines.

The reason why we are a bit annoyed is that by making the game easier for newbies, it makes the game feel like nothing for veterans with all our resources and buildings. We are not trying to make things difficult for newbies, we just get a bit peeved that what we think is fun is taken away.

wassupbaby
06-07-13, 02:08 AM

sabina's goals are supposed to be for higher players (25+ i think) so i'm not surprised if it were hard. And isn't it the challenging goals make the game fun ? it really irritates me when somebody complains about not getting this and that again and again. and what's guide for ? maguar,dabag and many other players have put a lot of work in it so new players can easily get along with the game .if you are new players, it supposed to take time to get to the point where I'm at now. you don't seriously think new players are supposed to complete the goals as fast as long time players,do you ? so read the guide ,face the fact that you're new players and it'll take lots of time and stop complaining nonsense !

justk9188
06-07-13, 02:27 AM
Of course we can make magic scissors without the 4th shard and deep mines. Just need either mithril or gems.....lol....
How and where i can find mithril ? Wait for Sir Piggy gives me one ?
Oh, gems, yes, gems, absolute power makes everything funny easy =]]

To wassupbaby: so far as i've read the posts,
People usually complain about things everyone had trouble once: glimmer dust, mermaid scales, sap, living wood,
One thing i always think before critizing some one: age.
I wonder how old are you ? I'm old enough to have patience to overcome difficulty.
Kids give up easily.
Well, my last comment in this post.
Put yourslef in the other's shoes before saying something.

wassupbaby
06-07-13, 02:57 AM
I'm not really criticizing anyone particularly , just saying in general that seeing complaints about not getting sth or even worse , they create the whole new thread just to announce it, really annoys me , but i dont criticize them , just ignore them.I once was a newbie so i think i know .
oh and fyi : you can also get mithril from dark cave formation so you dont necessary need 4th shard or deep mines.

vchanhs
06-07-13, 03:39 AM
Put yourslef in the other's shoes before saying something.

Sorry normally I don't mind people complaining. But when they start asking me to put me in their shoes, I will prefer them to put themselves in my shoes. "Being considerate" is actually very ironic. When you ask someone to be considerate, it means you are not been considerate to the people who you are asking to be considerate.

It is like newbies asking veterans to think in their shoes how hard the game is to newbies and yet refused to acknowledge that by making the game easier, the veterans find the game to be not fun at all. Sorry, but I just can't sympathize with your causes.

kooky panda
06-07-13, 06:26 AM
Okay guys, please keep your posts civil. Please do not attack members for expressing their feedback on the game.

Triple_K
06-07-13, 09:15 AM
Well I have no complaints currently :) I'm loving all the new stuff and being able to get more resources. I do remember those days when I struggled to get goals done due to lack of resources. Now being at level 30 for sometime I am not particularly short on anything and always crafting things to use up my resources. I take the opportunity to stock pile, and I enjoy having items readily available for new quests when they surface :)

Lilipipi
06-07-13, 10:42 AM

I don't think so. Unless complaints are related to items they can sell with gems, they won't do anything. Like gifting issues and level up issues for higher level players. No money there I guess. People complain about energy and they put out WS at 200 gems each. Complain about glimmer dusts glimmer trove at 40 gems each. Glimmer trove supposedly can get from adventure but lots of people got it with gems anyway it seems.

I think the main complaint about this CS becoming too easy is really that the higher level people feel left out in these latest updates. We got through all the hard stuff with much less but now the newbies are getting things that were not there when we first started. We don't get no special treatment or anything, such as level up or new magical super powers allowed only for the higher level players.

Here are some of my complaints:
1. Building caps stay the same at 26 royal buildings but new royal buildings with lower RP come out on the market. It kind of sucks to sell an amphitheater to get a jewelers building, for instance.
2. Inventory is getting full due to so much waiting but cannot store more than 99 things nor there is any place to use up the stored resources. Honestly for level 30+++ people this makes the game play little bit depressing, like being at the end of the road kind of feeling.
3. Wall limit is still at 100 when our kingdom has gotten so big that wall structures cannot surround our kingdom.
4. No level ups for lv 30. Seriously I've seen people with 20K+ XP and still at lv 30 and building cap 26. That's really unfair.

Lilipipi
06-07-13, 10:45 AM
I meant to say 200K XP. :p

wolfchaser
06-07-13, 10:51 AM
I'm level 30 with no alicorn (nor have I gotten any parts for him) and none of the new Trials are completing for me no matter what I do (except that expansion one) so no, I don't think it's gotten too easy :) The only thing I'm maxed out on is coal. For me there's always plenty work to be done in the game.

Same here!!!! Very fustrated paticulary with the Alicorn. It doesn't.seem right to not be able to complete one with over 4 months of daily adventures.

cityfan
06-07-13, 11:51 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a fight :)

I was just expressing the fact that *for me* if I am maxed with stones, then the goal of stockpiling 99 of the various blocks....that's monotonous....it keeps me busy, but it's not as much fun. I ENJOYED being challenged by the lack of easy resources. Collecting glimmerdust slowly, running out of energy with things still left untended, doing the goals one at a time.

I loved looking through Maguar's guide and planning the advancement of my kingdom one step at a time.
MAGUAR, THAT WAS AN AWESOME PIECE OF WORK!!

All of the above - yes even trading fruit pies for one gem at a time till I got to the 200 needed for the WS - all made it fun!! I just feel like the sense of achievement (and I know it's just a silly online game) isn't there in the game anymore. Everything's much easier now.... I guess, like someone said, that really does show my age :) ......

loveka24
06-07-13, 11:58 AM
No I actually feel the games are out of control. I dont mind a challenge, but I dont have all day to wait for some of these things to happen. Thats just me

Gardienn
06-07-13, 12:10 PM
I understand where you're coming from.

At the same time, I like having some hard to earn goals, balanced with easier short-term goals. T&T is my long-term unknown goal right now, and getting glimmer dust and mermaid scales is a bit easier but still hard work, at least in my kingdom. I purposely expanded slowly to leave myself something to do for longer periods, and I'm now at level 30. What I miss most is the continuing storyline to give the game continuity. That aspect has gotten boring for me. I mean, whatever happened to Thomas and Agnus?

Lilipipi
06-07-13, 01:47 PM
Like I said before, the game is losing its some of its allure that attracted higher level players in the past. All waiting for the story line to progress and finish. Otherwise, give higher level players something to do. How come updates mostly gear toward new players?

Sonflower77
06-08-13, 10:42 AM
I enjoy the game greatly, but even at Level 30 I have areas to expand to & run out of energy all the time. I must admit, I gave in to buy gems for two Alicorns (at different times). Even with the Alicorns and Wizard Schools, I usually stay behind on energy needs. I have earned two trial badges and have found one Alicorn horn.
My big complaint, is that it takes so long to visit neighbors, especially if you're leaving a wall message, to let them know you visited. I don't have hours to spend doing this task!