PDA

View Full Version : Buying the Door for 10 gems

NoWayCupcake
06-06-13, 01:02 PM
I'm really sick of my bakery's layout. I think buying the door so I could move it around would help. The bakeries I always love have moved their door. The only thing I'm sad about is the 10 gems :/ Do you guys think it's a worthy investment? Or should I spend those gems on something prettier lol

chewytwix
06-06-13, 01:35 PM
I thought the same way for the longest time. I finally caved in and bought a second door. One door seriously limits my remodeling creativity.

OnCloudDivine
06-06-13, 02:00 PM
I bought a second door and it's one of the best decisions I ever made! 10 gems isn't a hardship to pay once you figure out all the new layouts you can do. It can revitalize your bakery as much as buying new floor decor. Ironically, my current design places the door in its original place, so I'm not currently utilizing my second door :p Lol. But, it helps if your In a pinch/needing profit (creating two small, sectioned off areas to create the easiest in-out for your customers).

AuntyRose32
06-06-13, 02:06 PM
It's worth the ten gems for sure, lots of remodeling possibilities when you can move the door around. Go for it :)

NoWayCupcake
06-06-13, 02:38 PM
Thank you everyone! I went ahead and bought it. Now I am COMPLETELY lost with what to do to my bakery... lol I'm going to make a mess of it

TinksThots
06-06-13, 03:20 PM
Thank you everyone! I went ahead and bought it. Now I am COMPLETELY lost with what to do to my bakery... lol I'm going to make a mess of it

You can do ANYTHING now... I've been debating the door thing too, actually. I put in the suggestion thread about some kind of reset or back button for design mode, but they didn't gimme one. I make messes all the time. :(

yumyun
06-06-13, 03:35 PM
Why can't the door be moved?!!! I buy another door but what I want is to move it,not to have two doors!!! it's sooo unfair !

NoWayCupcake
06-06-13, 03:42 PM
Why can't the door be moved?!!! I buy another door but what I want is to move it,not to have two doors!!! it's sooo unfair !

right? the door really should be able to be moved without buying a second one :/

NoWayCupcake
06-06-13, 03:43 PM
You can do ANYTHING now... I've been debating the door thing too, actually. I put in the suggestion thread about some kind of reset or back button for design mode, but they didn't gimme one. I make messes all the time. :(

ahhh a reset design button would be great. I hope they consider that! sometimes I make a disaster and then don't have time to fix it.

kooky panda
06-06-13, 05:06 PM

Store one of the doors, then go take it out of storage and you can place wherever you want to.

cherryberry9
06-06-13, 05:30 PM
It so worth it.

hiralhg
06-06-13, 10:27 PM

U actually gotto buy the second door n then put one of them in storage n then whereever u wanna put tht stored door u can put it.....n then can store the first door n then place it whereever u wanna place it again. Hope tht helped.

tinkerdawg
06-06-13, 10:31 PM
Totally worth it. It opens up a world of possibilities for decorating. I went a little door crazy and have six, although I only have five out right now. I wouldn't suggest that though until your bakery is quite large and only if your doing rooms. But a second door is worth it, no matter what size the bakery- at least that's my two cents

esse318
06-07-13, 02:13 AM
Totally worth it. It opens up a world of possibilities for decorating. I went a little door crazy and have six, although I only have five out right now. I wouldn't suggest that though until your bakery is quite large and only if your doing rooms. But a second door is worth it, no matter what size the bakery- at least that's my two cents

u made rooms in the bakery? thats amazing!! can i take a look? ^^

ImBabieBunnie
06-20-13, 11:18 AM
Once I get my bakery big enough I will have 3 small different bakeries inside. I have already purchased the 3 doors trying a new layout before. It was well worth it. However, I do only have one door currently in use, the other two in storage.

TinksThots
06-20-13, 05:16 PM
The door runs under a different type of programming than any other wall decor, because it's vital to game function. That's why you have to place another door (or host table) before you can pick up (or store) the first one. You can't leave your store without either of those, no matter how briefly, and that includes picking the door up off the wall to move it. The game simply won't run without a door on the wall at all times. There's no way around that, which is why you must buy the second door to be able to pick up the first one at all. :)

CruiserBobs
06-21-13, 12:40 AM
Yes, an extra door for 10 gems is a great deal. I'm sure most people have lost 10 gems or more due to gem traps, so might as well spend it on something useful.
Who knows, better to buy the door now before they decide to double the price of it like everything else. :rolleyes:

jellypie200
06-21-13, 02:10 PM
Yup totally worth it
http://i.imgur.com/OQr3EcM.png

EmmaSurf
06-22-13, 01:10 PM
Yes worth it. I only use one door but the ability to move it allowed me to get max profits with minimal tables.

EmmaSurf
06-22-13, 01:12 PM
Once I get my bakery big enough I will have 3 small different bakeries inside. I have already purchased the 3 doors trying a new layout before. It was well worth it. However, I do only have one door currently in use, the other two in storage.

Take a picture - that is so helpful if you mess up. I hd three bakeries but for some reason (even though it 'looked' like the ones that are efficient) I noticed my profits dropped. So at least I was able to use the picture to go back to what did work. I'll try again - but the last challenge drained me financially so just stocking up for a bit. If you get the three working efficiently please post - that would be great!

sls0991
06-22-13, 01:27 PM
I think the fact that you have to buy a second door in order to move the first one is quite annoying, but it is very much worth the 10 gems, and having 2 doors helps your bakery and profits as you can have two exit/entrance points which means customers can get around easier/quicker if you do it right!

tehbaker
06-23-13, 12:16 AM
I didn't hesitate and it's been the best gem purchase I ever made. Your layout options are unlimited at that point including some of the higher coin per hour layouts such as those with two doors surrounded by a small area of tables beyond each door. GroovyRuss and Fecsuper have layouts floating around this forum somewhere.

TinksThots
06-23-13, 03:42 PM
Right here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-%28without-maths%29), in the RS forum but it works for both. If you scroll down a bit, you'll find the layout for the original door location too.

tehbaker
06-23-13, 11:15 PM
Right here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-%28without-maths%29), in the RS forum but it works for both. If you scroll down a bit, you'll find the layout for the original door location too.

Awesome - thanks for tracking that down. I was at work at the time and trying to navigate the forums on an iPhone is frustrating ;)

ImBabieBunnie
06-24-13, 09:53 AM
Take a picture - that is so helpful if you mess up. I hd three bakeries but for some reason (even though it 'looked' like the ones that are efficient) I noticed my profits dropped. So at least I was able to use the picture to go back to what did work. I'll try again - but the last challenge drained me financially so just stocking up for a bit. If you get the three working efficiently please post - that would be great!

Lol! Thats why I purchased the three doors in the first place to make it run efficiently. I was inspired to go ahead and try it again. You can add me if you like just to view or be neighbors. Whichever you like.

islanddoll1
06-24-13, 04:41 PM
Broke down and finally got another door after 97 levels. I've been debating this decision with my self for the longest time and I don't regret it.

PurpleButterfliesNBlueDragons
06-24-13, 06:52 PM
BUY THE DOOR!!!!! I wish i would've thought bout that when i had the gems, but (if i can remember) im gonna buy it when i have enough gems again!!!!! I think it's DEFINITELY be worth it! You can only do so much with the door where its at. You might be sad at first, but you won't regret it.