PDA

View Full Version : Tournament scores

dtotten
06-06-13, 08:17 AM
Can some please explain the scoring system for tournament play? I typically play six cards and will get 3-5 bingos on the round and will earn a score of 1200, while others are hitting 20,000 - 35,000! How does one mass so many points??

Thanks

basmdy
06-10-13, 04:54 PM
I would like to know that as well!!!

SanFran876
06-14-13, 02:36 AM
Same here!

dtotten
06-14-13, 01:43 PM
Will someone please respond to this?

Can some please explain the scoring system for tournament play? I typically play six cards and will get 3-5 bingos on the round and will earn a score of 1200, while others are hitting 20,000 - 35,000! How does one mass so many points??

Thanks

maguar
06-14-13, 05:43 PM
Just letting you know I have forwarded this question on.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the were playing 8 cards and used a lot of boosts to get multiple bingos per card or paid gems to play more rounds.

s_lynne
06-16-13, 03:06 PM
One player got 158,974. What????? Meanwhile I got 1,297. How much money are they using???

hmgdanielson
06-16-13, 06:37 PM
Oh, I know, right? I considered saving up all my games and boosts for a while in order to try to win that jackpot, but then I realized that I would probably have to spend about as much as I'd win in the jackpot. Gems for auto-daubing. Gems for auto-filling boosts. Gems for replaying the tournament if I didn't get enough bingos. Didn't really seem worth the effort at that point...

But I like the game just fine the way I play. My husband and son both know that you just don't interrupt Mom during her three minutes of bingo time!

dtotten
06-16-13, 08:30 PM
The account in first place AGAIN in "Sherry" and she has 168,000 points. She has had the top spot four times this week. I have never managed to get above 6,000 points.

hmgdanielson
06-16-13, 09:31 PM
I think my highest is four thousand something.

:(

josephine523
06-20-13, 10:15 AM
How do you earn such high scores in the tournament and get get bingo on 8 cards and never go 2200 points. How are people scoring 20000 a round?

dtotten
06-20-13, 11:25 AM
My original post was made on the 6th and I have not heard an official response. I will NEVER buy any gems for this game. It's amazing how I get so many pop ups to buy more gems and spent money on this app but no one can answer my question. In the meantime, the same player, "Sherry" is in first place every single day. Here's an idea, when I click on the tournament leaders, display more stats, other than the scores achieved each round. Is it:

The number of bingos per round?
Having multiple bingos per card?
Filling in cards completely?
Using auto daubs?

I play six cards per round, without auto daub the numbers come to fast to play eight cards without falling behind. I get 3-5 bingos per round. I used 3-4 boosts per round. I never get above 2500 per round.

How do people earn scores of 20,000-35,000 per round? It is a relatively simple question.

MiniLaura
06-22-13, 12:29 PM
The Mods have asked the game developers about this, but we haven't heard back yet.

My guess is that big winners are using lots of gems to completely fill up all 8 cards. (gems to auto daub, gems to get more boosts, gems to get extra balls, etc.)

I once got on the leader board after one game using 4 cards. (I promptly disappeared from the top three after the second game.) But that was soon after the tournament was introduced and the scores weren't so crazy high.

CuddlyDragon
07-01-13, 10:41 AM
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately I am unable to discuss specific game mechanics.

However I can say that the tournament scores are determined by a variety of factors including experience, coins, gems and a few other factors. :)

Hizion67
07-01-13, 03:56 PM
Sounds fishy to me , I've done all of that even bought gems and still don't even get those high numbers..

marshie8
07-09-13, 03:15 PM
Tournament is a joke. I have spent money
On gems and used plenty in tournament and
Never came close to winning. Today, I scored a
Whopping 300 while "sherry" scored 145,000!!!!
Ridiculous

jdawggie
07-10-13, 09:44 AM
The reply provided by TeamLava doesn't hold water. I am a level 90 player and have spent literally hundreds of dollars on gems, mostly in an attempt to win the tournament. I can absolutely say that this is an impossibility, that is, if one is trying to win it fairly. I say this with confidence and conviction, as I have maximized the scoring possible and have only been able to accomplish a score in the 12,000 range, which, at best, only earns around 10th place, because I am competing against others (Sherry, to name one) who are reaching astronomical scores over 100,000 points. To even reach the 12,000 points that I did, it required saving up all of the helpful boosts (free daub boosts, bomb boosts, instant bingo boosts, and crystal ball boosts), playing eight cards, using auto complete on 7 of the 8 cards, and rapidly using the "auto boosts", one after another, so as to complete as many daubs on as many cards as is possible, and extending the game by paying for an additional 5 balls at the end. Thus, I have done everything I can think of possibly doing, spent as many gems as I can possibly spend. However, when I play the game in this manner, I use about a hundred or more gems, use about 8-10 boosts, which results in all of my cards achieving bingos, with each card at least 75% filled. And yet, the end result is about 3,000-4,000 points each round, and a total of 10,000-12,000 per tournament after playing three rounds. This is not nearly enough to compete with these super players, like Sherry, who score ten times this! I would contend that the scores that the top spots are earning cannot be earned by playing the game in a legitimate and fair fashion. I don't see how it is even feasible to score 10 times the maximum scores I have earned, given that each of eight cards earns a bingo and many of these cards are either amongst the first few to achieve bingo or have over 75% of the spaces daubed. Therefore, I have to conclude that these "super players" must have some information that I (and most others) do not. This is the only that could possibly allow them to score in a realm that is not feasible by typical playing methods. They cannot possibly be that much better at bingo than everyone else. You can call this information that they must have what you want, but after hundreds and hundreds of games, and hundreds and hundreds of dollars spent trying to compete with them, each time coming up way too short, I call it unfair. I think TeamLava needs to look into this matter further and make the game fairer. Otherwise, players like myself will grow frustrated enough that we'll just stop playing, and they will then lose me and others like me as players. However, I'm sure more importantly to them, they will lose the enormous amount of money that I spend playing their games.
Jdawggie

agaribay15
07-14-13, 09:11 AM
This is what i think Sherry is doing while playing the tournaments. I don't think she is using auto daub on any cards. If you get more than one bingo on a card it counts as more bingos which increases your score. So if you don't use the auto daub you can get more points on each card by getting more bingos on each card. The auto daub limits you to only one bingo per card while not using auto daub allows you to get multiple bingos if not blackout on multiple cards. Im sure she uses all of the power ups she can and does not use the auto daub feature. See if you can play eight cards without the auto daub. Im sure it is difficult but doable. I have watched the tournament scores like the rest of you and that is the only thing i can come up with. I don't think shes *****ing i just think she can mark cards very fast and [] use auto daub on any of the 8 cards.

River_Song_74
07-14-13, 02:14 PM
I've been wondering about this as well and frankly it pisses me off that TeamLava Staff gave us that answer. What kind of business is this? I have NEVER heard of a company not being able to tell people how results are scored. I get not telling us the EXACT details of how things are tallied but not even being able to give us generics (i.e., each bingo is worth xx points, each daub is with xx, etc.)? Very fishy. As a result, I will NEVER spend real money on this game because I, personally, now feel that it is rigged. I'm even having problems with my collections items disappearing (which I just reported) so this really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about this game in general and that's too bad because I really do like it.

River_Song_74
07-14-13, 02:18 PM
I don't think this is it. I play 8 cards each time using the power ups. I don't use auto daub and have gotten multiple bingos on each card (and have even gotten bingos on 7 out of the 8 cards) but I have NEVER scored a higher ranking than 700.

River_Song_74
07-14-13, 02:19 PM
This is what i think Sherry is doing while playing the tournaments. I don't think she is using auto daub on any cards. If you get more than one bingo on a card it counts as more bingos which increases your score. So if you don't use the auto daub you can get more points on each card by getting more bingos on each card. The auto daub limits you to only one bingo per card while not using auto daub allows you to get multiple bingos if not blackout on multiple cards. Im sure she uses all of the power ups she can and does not use the auto daub feature. See if you can play eight cards without the auto daub. Im sure it is difficult but doable. I have watched the tournament scores like the rest of you and that is the only thing i can come up with. I don't think shes *****ing i just think she can mark cards very fast and [] use auto daub on any of the 8 cards.

I don't think this is it. I play 8 cards each time using the power ups. I don't use auto daub and have gotten multiple bingos on each card (and have even gotten bingos on 7 out of the 8 cards) but I have NEVER scored a higher ranking than 700. Something else has to be going on.

hmgdanielson
07-17-13, 07:15 PM
One thing I noticed today about the top two winners - Sherry and Paulinka - is that they get obscene scores after one round. Sherry's first round score was 29K - 8,000 more than the #3 winner after all three rounds. Paulinka is currently at the top of the leaderboard with a score of 65,408 and they haven't even played three rounds of the tournament.

MrBOOM45
07-21-13, 07:00 AM
I was planning on buying gems for this as I love the game, but I will not do so when it is obvious that there are people like "sherry" who are obviously taking advantage of either a hack or a glitch. Unfortunately, as long as the developers are making money, there is not much incentive for accounts like this to be investigated. I'm a veteran of many games and unfortunately things like this happen but are rarely rectified so people need to either accept it and move on, or find another game. I myself will give it a few days to see if this is addressed, and if not, there are other bingo games out there.

hmgdanielson
07-21-13, 09:10 PM
This game is still fun even if you don't win the tournament! There are only like five players (that I've seen) who totally dominate - Sherry, acl or alc, Paulinka, Hiro, and someone else I'm not remembering off-hand.

foonami
08-01-13, 03:33 AM
Wow... I thought I was the only one who couldn't believe the ridiculous scores those people were getting until I did a web search and found this topic in the forum. I was buying alot of gems too in hopes of getting close to those scores.... But no luck... It has to be some kind of hack or something they are using, right? Oh well, I will not spend any more money on this game for sure. Everyone should have a chance to win, not just the same 5 people every day...

foonami
08-08-13, 05:05 AM
Yup.... I think the integrity of the game has been compromised and it doesnt seem like anything is being done to fix the problem.... And if there isnt anything shady going on, there hasnt been any explanation of the scoring and how someone can achieve 175,000 points.... I've already stopped buying gems and will just play for fun with no expectations of trying to hit the top 3 scores. Just enjoy playing and let other people waste their money buying extra gems trying to chase Sherry and those 3-4 others that can get those amazing scores. :P

MeganML84
08-13-13, 07:29 PM
Ok. I think I have figured out part of the scoring formula for the tournaments (and if this post disappears then I'll know for sure something fishy is going on).

I'm going to add some photos to help explain (sorry for the size, I'm posting from my phone).9503950495059507

This is what I have figured out. XP is based on the number of daubs (#daubs x 2). The formula for the scoring is as follows: XP + COIN + BINGO(100)= SCORE.

Bingos are worth 100 points so multiply the number of bingos times 100. If you look in the first picture you can see: 86(XP) + 570(COIN) + 300 (3 BINGOS x 100) = 956.

Now, there is additional points for being the fastest to call bingo. In my third picture, I was first to call Bingo and I have an additional 500 points on that score (144+1020+600+500= 2264). In the last picture, I was the 6th to call Bingo and I had an additional 250 points on that score (146+420+200+250=1016). I did not receive any extra points in the first two photos when I was the 21st and 33rd person to call Bingo.

Also, I believe you get extra coins per Bingo. (This is important). Lets assume you get an extra 100 coins per Bingo.

So, how do they get those huge scores? Lets add:

There's 25 possible daubs per card and 8 cards total. So 200 x 2= 400 possible XP.
There's also 13 possible Bingos per card and we know Bingos are worth 100 points, so 13 x 8=104, 104 x 100=10,400 possible points.
I also believe each coin daub is worth 50 coin. There are two coin daubs per card so (2 x 8) x 50= 800. Assuming you get an extra 100 coins per Bingo and assuming you get all 104 Bingos per round, you would get up to 11,200 coin. (800 + [100 x 104 = 11,200).

So, if you were to daub EVERY single square on EVERY single Bingo card, your score could potentially be 22,000. However, I believe there may be some sort of bonus for blacking out your bingo card. That's the only way to explain some of these astronomical scores per round (ie 30,000 or more). There just doesn't seem to be any other explanation.

That's what I've come up with. Take a look at your next tourney scores and see if my formula fits with what you get and let me know if you have any other ideas.

MeganML84
08-13-13, 07:31 PM
Sorry, disregard the third photo above. It should be this one: 9508

MeganML84
08-13-13, 07:36 PM
Oh, I also wanted to add that the possible points can be even HIGHER when there are special ways to Bingo added to the tournament. Like when you can Bingo off blocks of four or off the sides/top/bottom, like ><. This can add thousands of extra possible points to the scores.

carol679
08-17-13, 07:13 AM
If a person plays normally, with just typical power ups, there's no way to achieve those scores on 8 cards. I'm good. I'm fast. It's bingo. It's not the nature of the game.

If, though, a person uses gems to pay for an additional 5 balls, they can fill more spaces. I've done that once with gems I'd saved up (because there's no way I'm paying money for this) and what I noticed was after I used the 5 extra balls, the game gives you yet another option to use gems for ANOTHER 5 balls. If this has no limit, a person could potentially spend on extra balls until they've blacked out every number on every card. The number of bingos on a blacked out card would vary depending on the special pattern of the day. (i.e. if the special pattern is an X there would be less opportunities on a blacked out card than if the pattern was a small square of four connecting numbers). It's the only possible way I see players being able to achieve these insanely high scores, putting them well out of the reach of the average player.

I think it all falls back on the creators of the game. People playing in tournaments should have an option to play against people using the same features. They should divide tournaments up - one option being players using additional (paid) features, and the other being people using basic play features.

This is why I won't spend money on the game. They don't have a method in place to keep the competition fair.

foonami
08-17-13, 08:20 AM
I played this morning.... Sherry had 132,000.

foonami
08-17-13, 08:54 AM
Ok I did an experiment... I bought $5 worth of gems and played the high stakes tournament (which Sherry also won with 177,000). I auto daubed 4 and played 4 each of the 3 rounds... I auto filled any crate that was a free, rocket or star. I also played the 5 extra numbers on 2 of the three rounds... I was out of gems at that point. My score was only around 5,000 and I got multiple bingos in each round...

MeganML84
08-17-13, 09:09 AM
Carol--I don't think it's possible to play more than one extra round in the tournament. In normal game play, yes. A player can keep spending gems until they've blacked out their cards, but I believe you can only get five extra balls once per round in the tournament.

Foonami--Check your PMs

hmgdanielson
08-17-13, 06:25 PM
Megan - You've done some great math! Thanks for that. :)

Ultimately, I have to wonder... If it is actually possible to spend gems in order to win the tournament, is winning actually worth it? Does it even pay for the number of gems you have to spend in order to win?

As far as I'm concerned... I just don't have that much money to spend. I like Bingo, so I'll make a small gem purchase to support the game, but I can't be shelling out the $$$ it takes to be able to even score in the top 1,000, let alone win the tournament.

I have to admit, though, it would be kind of cool to see a tournament for people who have 20 gems or less. Or a tournament where you can't spend gems at all.

MeganML84
08-18-13, 07:01 AM
So....last night I did an experiment. It took a couple days to prep but it worked. I got a super high score and I'm going to tell you how I did it.

Over the last few days, I've been saving my Free Daub power ups. Last night I bought $15 worth of gems and entered the High Stakes Tournament. When I entered, I had 9 free daubs, 2 crystal balls and 1 treasure chest. I did NOT use auto daub and I played all 8 cards. I used the instant blast as soon as possible throughout the whole round, as well as daubing the spaces that came up. At the end of the round, I waited until the timer was almost up (so I could get another instant blast in) and I bought the five extra balls. When all was said and done, I had Bingo-Ed every card AND I had blacked out two cards. This was my score:

The next two rounds weren't as high because I didn't have as many free daub spaces, but they were still pretty good. See:

I think the secret is the free daub power ups and probably the bomb power ups. You don't want the instant Bingos because once you bingo your card, you can't earn any more points. You have to do the instant blasts and buy the extra five balls.

This was my total score:9600

Honestly, it wasn't that hard to do, I just had to have the patience to save up the free daub spaces and to weed out the others through normal game play. I suspect the only way the other players can get such high scores every single round is by spending a LOT of money.they would have to use mainly free daub power ups and I would either 1) take a long time to weed out the other power ups or 2) take a lot of gems to instant blast the useless power ups away during normal game play. Does that make sense?

Anyway, hope this helps some of you guys. I got 2nd place yesterday. I won 10,000 coins, 200 gems and 10 tickets.

andismom
09-05-13, 08:42 AM
I would like to know why the player named "Sherry" wins E V E R Y single day with like 100,000 points, while the 2nd place winner is usually around 10,000. I hope the developers are watching this and will remove an obvious *****er. This keeps everyone else from having the opportunity to win the top spots when one player is monopolizing first place...

It's a free game for God's sake...if someone will ***** on a free bingo game, just hope your paths don't cross in real life.

miked237
09-08-13, 07:32 PM
For the next update - whenever that may be, I'd like to see a tournament mode (or even a regular level) where power ups can't be used. It would be more of a challenge for the more experienced players, and it gives less experienced players a chance to get to the top of the leaderboards.

Cherrynook
09-26-13, 11:53 AM
Anyone ever think that "sherry" is a made up person to keep you playing, striving, and buying gems? It's possible...if I developed a game that's what I'd do, create competition (with a truly unattainable score)...just saying.

pandagurlie
10-28-13, 07:01 AM
I think it is sad that all these posts and no response from developers. Shows that they don't care, I find this bad business. Seriously no response that says anything? I even posted somewhere else before I saw this post and was forwarded to this thread so they are monitoring threads but just keeping us in a small box with no answers.

miked237
11-24-13, 02:52 PM
pandagurlie - Game developers that want to develop a good reputation will take the time to give us information on updates and any bugs that get fixed. I haven't seen that with this game, sadly - and I happen to like the game.

Cherrynook - Anything's possible. If she's real, I'd like to know how she keeps making the top 2 or 3. (Though to be fair, I didn't see her place in the top 3 a few days ago - she came in 4th - and yesterday she didn't place at all, so I guess she took a day off.)

s_lynne
10-10-14, 04:20 PM
I find it quite odd that the 2nd place holder only played one round (8 cards) and got a score of 43,600, but I played all three rounds (24 cards) and only accumulated a score of 4,300. Um, what?

Something else that's bothering me is that when I do pay for 5 extra balls, not one of the numbers called was on any of my cards. This has happened on few occasions. Definitely not happy about that!!

Bombers0107
04-09-16, 11:09 PM
I just use the tournament to get keys. I don't use any power ups and as long as I get 1-2 keys per card I'm ahead financially 😀