PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2: New bug when harvesting crops since yesterday's update

lucky8canuck
06-06-13, 06:41 AM
With yesterday's changes to the game, accessing my shop is working much better and smoother, and is no longer crashing. However, these, or possibly other changes that were made, are now affecting crop collection and planting. I haven't had an issue like this before. It only started after new changes that improved shop access were implemented.

What basically happens is when I try to clear my crops, even if it is just one, within 2-10 seconds, the game will freeze. Then the "loading" rooster appears, and suddenly the last few things I did are undone. With the odd exception, it is happening every single time I try to collect crops.

Going slower makes no difference. If I collect one crop, it will eventually reappear when the game resets, forcing me to try to reharvest it again. And, of course, it just resets again in an endless cycle.

I've found that if I actually quickly harvest as much as possible and then plant immediately after before the rooster starts strutting across my screen, if I am lucky, some of the newly planted crops will still remain. So, I end up having to reharvest fewer crops have returned and replant a bit less, but it is still extremely frustrating.

I honestly would prefer to have my shop constantly crashing than to have this crops issue, since crops are a vital part of the game (crafting, deliveries, etc).

Thanks for looking into this!

[S8] Elsa
06-06-13, 10:25 AM
Hi Lucky8canuck,

This sounds like a sync error. The game requires a stable connection in order to save game progress correctly. To check if you're connected, you can visit a neighbor, which will ping our servers. If you can visit a neighbor correctly, you are connected. If this continues to be an issue, please let me know.

lucky8canuck
06-07-13, 12:41 PM
Hi Lucky8canuck,

This sounds like a sync error. The game requires a stable connection in order to save game progress correctly. To check if you're connected, you can visit a neighbor, which will ping our servers. If you can visit a neighbor correctly, you are connected. If this continues to be an issue, please let me know.

It hasn't been happening much today (maybe only a couple of times?), but when it was happening, it only seemed to occurred when collecting crops. Visiting neighbours, wall, etc all worked perfectly fine. My other TL games were also working find as well, so I don't think it was internet connection.

Whatever the case, as I said, it's for the most part gone, and hopefully won't return :)

contact22
06-08-13, 10:11 AM
I am having this exact problem today.... glad to find this thread, but when I went off to visit a neighbour I had no issue at all. As soon as I came back and tried to harvest crops the cycle started again. Please help?

contact22
06-08-13, 10:15 AM
I play RS and BS as well and I'm not having any issues with those games - just FS2

lucky8canuck
06-09-13, 04:22 PM
I am having this exact problem today.... glad to find this thread, but when I went off to visit a neighbour I had no issue at all. As soon as I came back and tried to harvest crops the cycle started again. Please help?

Good to know I'm not the only one. I know it is not my internet connection that is the issue since (1) it only happens when harvesting crops, and (2) it has happened when using different wifi connections.

Above I had said that the issue was gone for me, but that unfortunately appears to have been temporary. It has sadly come back with a vengeance :(

kooky panda
06-09-13, 06:31 PM
I will go ahead and report this over since it looks like this issue is limited to harvesting crops .

contact22
06-10-13, 05:09 AM
Thank you!
It's still happening today, and it happens whether I'm on wi-if, 3G or LTE. Sometimes I can thwart the chicken by harvesting and then immediately visiting a neighbour - but only sometimes.

FrozenTurtle
06-10-13, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the reports! Can you guys let us know which crops this issue occurs for? Or does this occur for all crops? Also, can you please try visiting a neighbor before you harvest crops and see if this makes a difference? Thanks!

contact22
06-10-13, 08:54 PM
It seems to be happening with all crops (maybe not trees?) - and sometimes if I alternate really quickly between harvesting something and visiting a neighbour I can save partial crops, but that only works some of the time.

Still happening today! I've done the standard force close and delete/re-install - no luck.

Thanks for looking into this - I was enjoying the game!

contact22
06-12-13, 05:42 AM
It's still happening.... seems maybe not so bad if I don't hit the top capacity in the silo??

rsd001
06-25-13, 02:53 AM
Since updating today, every time I touch a building, the game closes

stormmbabe
06-25-13, 07:03 AM
Hi, Since the update I've been having issues too. The game loads fine but as soon as I try to do anything the game crashes. It was ok for a few minutes after the update and I was able to hit the new sparkling things and collect the rewards and then it went wrong. Love the game and can't wait till this bug is fixed!

FrozenTurtle
06-27-13, 01:22 PM
The sync error issues when harvesting crops should be fixed. Thanks for the reports!

The issue has been fixed. You can now access your buildings and Market!

@rsd001 and stormmbabe: The issues with force closing should also be fixed. If not, please respond to this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54318-Game-crashes-farm-story-2).