PDA

View Full Version : What is your stressful resource?!

Pages : [1] 2

Oliver118
06-05-13, 10:40 PM
I know for a fact everyone in this forum has a resource in Castle story that they struggle with. I know my two, and one's embarrasing;
Water:o and Golden Apple.

So, now that I've told you my two stressful resources, what are your ones?

RotomGuy
06-05-13, 10:56 PM
I can't think of a specific one resource, but Trolls are refusing to drop poor Thurston's pants.

And I have 6 Gold Eggs and 5 Gold Nuggets but no Gold Apple.

Lilipipi
06-05-13, 11:16 PM
Golden apple, mermaid scale, and living wood.

BungoCook
06-05-13, 11:48 PM
Golden apple - ashamed to say gave in and bought with the free gems from other promo games.
Mermaid scales- always water water everywhere but not a hint of a scale.
Shards- months and months of waiting and nothing but coins. ( still I don't really want more water so but of a catch 22 there!)

smartestco0kie
06-06-13, 12:30 AM
Iron ore and tree sap!

lotuskat
06-06-13, 09:41 AM
Hmmm...it depends.

Of items I need on a regular basis and which I rely on chance: Mermaid Scales all the way!
Of items I need on a regular basis and which I spend tons of energy that could be used for other things: Iron Ore
Of items I don't really need but are excruciating to get: The Trials and Tribulations badges!!! (>.<)

kikilicious74
06-06-13, 11:42 AM
Iron ore and tree sap!

I was having the same problem with iron, between updating buildings, making swords and what not, then I discovered iron rich rocks... They do infact seem to be full of iron, if you have the extra funds.

catlady71
06-06-13, 12:19 PM
I know for a fact everyone in this forum has a resource in Castle story that they struggle with. I know my two, and one's embarrasing;
Water:o and Golden Apple.

So, now that I've told you my two stressful resources, what are your ones?

i wish i could give you my water! i'm always maxed out after the market request for fish

it really depends on the level. right now i'm really low on iron and coal, and rat tails. always struggling to get skunkupines and trolls to appear

kurgan
06-06-13, 12:20 PM
SAP is almost always in short supply.

OpeningCeremony
06-06-13, 12:37 PM
mermaid scales and rat tails for sure.

LadyValhal
06-06-13, 01:24 PM
Sap .... I need sap. I use soooooo much energy on chopping trees down in hope of getting a few buckets of sap. Not fun playing The game this Way :((

AuntyRose32
06-06-13, 01:29 PM
Mermaid scales are always scarce in my kingdom, after that it would probably be iron ore.

lotuskat
06-06-13, 01:34 PM
Hmmm...interesting that some players can't find enough sap, while others have them dripping out of their ears!

jdelvalle1
06-06-13, 01:42 PM
Yeah, it does depend on the level & way of playing, I'm a very relaxed player, especially now that I'm lv30, have at least 1 of every building & most resource buildings are upgraded to lv 5. The only thing I usually have an issue with is fish or troll horns for my trades. I had an issue w/ iron ore for a while until I started just crafting stone blocks to prevent maxing out on stones while I gathered more. Early on I realized it's better not to force things, just keep expanding & you'll get more trees & rocks...mermaid scales are sucky for a while though.

arikasi
06-06-13, 01:52 PM
Sap for sure. And I'm always trying to harvest glimmer dust, mermaid scales and fish. Really, its anything that is a % chance drop rather than a sure one per click item. I think I've spent the last four levels stuck trying to keep my head above water making architects paste and enchanters essence. It hurts when my Potion and Workshop sit there idle because I can't find the resources.

Oliver118
06-06-13, 11:07 PM
Sap .... I need sap. I use soooooo much energy on chopping trees down in hope of getting a few buckets of sap. Not fun playing The game this Way :((

I could trade you some of my sap, I'm maxed out:)

Oliver118
06-06-13, 11:09 PM
Hmmm...interesting that some players can't find enough sap, while others have them dripping out of their ears!

Like me!
#I got sap dripping out of my ears,
out of my mouth as I sing this song,
I got sap going up my nose,
I'm filled with sap, boy (or girl!)

bbarra
06-07-13, 03:05 AM
Sap sap sap!!!

ghjvcucjb
06-07-13, 11:15 AM
I never have enough coal for wisps and lanterns.

Usually maxed out on everything else until the T&T goals where I was frantically crafting and cooking stuff i dont need in hopes of acquiring badges. But now that I am no longer working on T&T my inventory is going back up except for rat tails. Can't seem to replenish my supply no matter how many beasts I battle.

wendelter
06-07-13, 11:25 AM
Creep tooth, rat tail, iron ore, mermaid scales, glimmerdust, and golden apple. Ikr, that's a lot!

wendelter
06-07-13, 11:26 AM
It's weird because I had, like, 3 coal for a while (I was really short) but now, when I checked, I have 97!!!!

thestories
06-07-13, 11:29 AM
In no particular order

Rat tails
Mermaid scales
Golden apple

Gardienn
06-07-13, 11:30 AM
Glimmer dust, but my new troves should help remedy that. A close second is mermaid scales, and that's with the third shard. I'm so glad I have that because before that, it was the scarcest commodity in my kingdom.

Oliver118
06-09-13, 11:00 PM
I also sometimes struggle with Iron Ore.

lkingi
06-10-13, 12:47 AM
I struggle with

Gold nugget and silver org

sylynce
06-10-13, 02:16 AM
Sap!!!!! Magic Cement/Architect's Paste are major sap suckers. Wish we didn't have to "chop" trees just for a chance at sap; maybe we can "tend" trees instead. I hope there are plans in the works for a "sap" trove. Or maybe the ability craft sap would be nice.

jua1978
06-10-13, 02:54 AM
Rat tails, been chopping trees like crazy, harvesting wheat and corn and other things but occasionally get a skunkipine for rat tails

Gardienn
06-10-13, 06:54 AM
Now that I have two glimmer troves, glimmer dust is collectable. Prior to them, my red and pink mushroom rings weren't producing anything except coins (maxed on shrooms). Now my wells and pond aren't producing mermaid scales. I went from a 50% drop rate with my third shard, up from about 20% without it, to 5%. I'm seriously beginning to think my third shard needs repair, because it doesn't seem to be working.

brandonu
06-10-13, 07:18 AM
Rat tails is the hardest for me by far, but I have been a bit short on sap and glimmerdust from recent crafting requirements.

cad33
06-10-13, 04:38 PM
13 mushroom patches/rings pulled -> 4 glimmerdust
an hour later
13 mushroom patches/rings pulled -> 0 glimmerdust

Glimmerdust is probably the most challenging for me right now.

Oh, and the golden apple. I've pulled over 100 apples but have 0 golden apples and still don't have that pig.
I do, however, have 8 golden nuggest and 5 golden eggs.

cad33
06-10-13, 05:52 PM
I should have added to the above...
I need 50 more glimmerdust to complete the required ink (I'm currently half way done).
I then need 8 more glimmerdust to complete the super glues for building 1, and 36 glimmerdust after that to complete for building 2.

And I can't spend any energy on the glimmerdust problem because I've got ~24 hrs left to get all the necessary fish I need. On the up-side, it's helped with all my mermaid scales (currently x32) and water (x99).

freesiawoods
06-10-13, 09:54 PM
My limiting factors are sap, iron ore, rat tails and mermaid scales. More golden nuggets would be great too :D

Maxed on jewels, water and troll essence.

zenemi
06-10-13, 10:41 PM
These days I'm always low on Sap. It depends on what's going on though. During the Vday stuff I was short on mermaid scales. Before full expansion I always needed coal. Nowadays, due to the exchanges, I feel short on everything trying to get my tinker camp!

onemansmiracle
06-10-13, 11:25 PM
Sap for architect's paste
mermaid scale for magic essence
I need them for upgrading many of my buildings
and rat tails are scarce as well,since I collect no more cheap buildings and not often cheap crops.

ghjvcucjb
06-10-13, 11:30 PM
Currently: rat tails. Use to be maxed out all the time but not anymore.

HNO3
06-10-13, 11:57 PM
Coins, rat tails, and troll essence at the moment.

ipaddolo
06-11-13, 03:16 AM
rat tails and mermaid scales

arale_norimaki
06-11-13, 03:32 AM
rat tails and mermaid scales

+1 on these two

enaid03
06-11-13, 05:25 AM
Rat Tails. I've been hovering around zero for a while, making the Super Yummy Pies tough to make.

journeysmom
06-11-13, 06:35 AM
For right now, furs, as I am saving for the amphitheater. Otherwise, sap and rattails. Always in constant use of course are chickens, eggs, milk and fish as I use then for the exchange.

s350z
06-11-13, 05:04 PM
Rat tails
Sap
Troll essence

sdwombat
06-11-13, 05:37 PM
In no particular order--sap, glimmerdust, mermaid scales, rat tails, and iron ore. All of those various glues and essences keep me cleared out. Plus, all of the building upgrades I have left to do require enchanted beams/blocks and architects paste. I HATE architects paste 😡

tanbi
06-11-13, 11:47 PM
Mermaid scales!

maz3girl
06-12-13, 08:42 AM
Rat tails and glimmerdust are very low in my inventory...

H0mer15
06-12-13, 10:52 AM
Mermaid scales right now.

How I wish we could send something from our own personal inventory to friends, because I've seen how the stressful resource changes-- I have more sap than wood right now, and more glimmerdust than either....

cousinbob
06-12-13, 10:57 AM
Sap used to be overly abundant, but now that I really need it for the Amphitheater and Sabina's house the drop rate has fallen.

littlebridge
06-12-13, 12:33 PM
Sap, glimmerdust, and the silly golden apple. Does anyone notice a higher drop rate of sap per which tree you buy? I had always kind of assumed that the more you paid per tree (ie the acer trees vs. say, an oak) that you might get a higher drop rate of sap per wood. I am constantly having to make wood beams simply to not waste all the wood I have to chop trying to get some sap! :(

H0mer15
06-12-13, 12:40 PM
Sap, glimmerdust, and the silly golden apple. Does anyone notice a higher drop rate of sap per which tree you buy? I had always kind of assumed that the more you paid per tree (ie the acer trees vs. say, an oak) that you might get a higher drop rate of sap per wood. I am constantly having to make wood beams simply to not waste all the wood I have to chop trying to get some sap! :(

I used to wonder that too. For a while I thought crab apple trees had the highest sap rate, but I think I probably just got lucky on a couple.

arale_norimaki
06-12-13, 12:45 PM

maguar started a post six months ago to try to figure out which tree provided more sap and living wood. A staff member replied that all trees are supposed to drop the same amount of sap. Sorry I can not quote it because the thread was closed and forum rules don't allow you to quote closed threads :)

Sobepeng
06-12-13, 01:50 PM
Sap is a big problem. Need 5 of it for a fancy beam. Need 4 of it for simple glue. 5 to convert to super glue. A total of 27 is needed for 3 super glues. Then another 10 for builder's paste. Therefore, 37 sap for one builder's paste, 72 sap for one architect's paste, and 144 sap for one magic cement. Since most buildings also require beams of some sort, the sap total only climbs.

However, the greatest source of sap is sawmills and trees. Trees take 5 energy to grow fully and then another 10 energy to chop. 15 energy spent which sometimes when you're really unlucky, you get 0-1 sap for all of that.

So, even with two level 4 wizard schools, I use a good portion of my energy growing willows and chopping them down to attempt to alleviate my sap needs.

littlebridge
06-12-13, 07:04 PM
oh thank you so much. I haven't been playing that long, didn't even know such a thread existed. :) and thanks, sobepeng too! Glad to know I at least wasn't wasting my money on any one certain tree!

sylynce
06-12-13, 11:26 PM
13 mushroom patches/rings pulled -> 4 glimmerdust
an hour later
13 mushroom patches/rings pulled -> 0 glimmerdust

Glimmerdust is probably the most challenging for me right now.

Oh, and the golden apple. I've pulled over 100 apples but have 0 golden apples and still don't have that pig.
I do, however, have 8 golden nuggest and 5 golden eggs.

Do you have the magic garden? My first golden apple came from the magic garden. However, I haven't gotten a golden apple from it since.

MBRBTBRB
06-13-13, 12:52 AM
Rat tails are so rare! And they are needed for several things.

Golden apples are even rarer, I've only ever been able to do that trade once.

jo_fitz
06-13-13, 01:23 AM
Sap and Rat Tails for sure!! Can never have too much. I gave in and bought an apple tree so I could get Golden Apple drops. (I bought all the trees and it's been quite worthwhile)

jo_fitz
06-13-13, 01:24 AM
Glimmer Dust use to be hard to get before the troves. I bought one and earned one.

tanbi1
06-13-13, 10:35 AM
Rats tails and mermaid scales!

vchanhs
06-15-13, 06:43 AM
I finally need sap again. Not for upgrading but for trying to get the brewer badge. I wonder how many more glues must I make...zzz...

Oliver118
06-16-13, 12:47 AM
Rat tails are so rare! And they are needed for several things.

Golden apples are even rarer, I've only ever been able to do that trade once.

No, they're not! Fangbeasts and Skunkupines drop plenty of Rat tails.

Oliver118
06-16-13, 12:49 AM
My new stressful resources:
Water (still a major one)
Lemon (only just got a Lemon tree from adventure)
Golden items (though I only need the Apple for the Sir P goal)

RotomGuy
06-16-13, 12:51 AM
No, they're not! Fangbeasts and Skunkupines drop plenty of Rat tails.

I have never, ever seen a Fangbeast drop a Rat Tail.

I agree, Rat Tails are very rare. I purposely plant fields of wheat to coax Skunkupines along.

maguar
06-16-13, 01:06 AM
I have never, ever seen a Fangbeast drop a Rat Tail.

I agree, Rat Tails are very rare. I purposely plant fields of wheat to coax Skunkupines along.

I have but that was way back when monsters first came out. It stopped with an update. There was that brief time when old logs dropped them and bones :)

RotomGuy
06-16-13, 01:15 AM
I have but that was way back when monsters first came out. It stopped with an update. There was that brief time when old logs dropped them and bones :)

What about a Mouse Trap building that drops Rat Tails? :3

sdwombat
06-16-13, 03:36 PM
While I am still short on rat tails (at least now it's for something other than those disgusting pies) I've be*** to notice that skunkupines are starting to drop 2 at a time on occasion.

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 04:17 PM
While I am still short on rat tails (at least now it's for something other than those disgusting pies) I've be*** to notice that skunkupines are starting to drop 2 at a time on occasion.

They drop up to three. In general lovecupines drop more rat tails, especially with pink furs being maxed out.

Oliver118
06-16-13, 10:51 PM
Oh yeah, now I'm free from clutter (trees, tall grass, logs etc.) no more skunkupines for me, which means no more Rat tails for more!

57Speckman
06-17-13, 06:14 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned hides. I need so many for building upgrades, but my cows hardly ever drop them, and my stable only gives me one hide every four hours :( I'm so desperate for more hides...anyone have any ideas?

rookia
06-17-13, 07:31 PM
I seem to always be short on coal and that pesky golden apple. I got the first one and have collected until I was maxxed out and still no golden apples!

olcastle
06-17-13, 07:54 PM
Rat tails!

vchanhs
06-17-13, 08:02 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned hides. I need so many for building upgrades, but my cows hardly ever drop them, and my stable only gives me one hide every four hours :( I'm so desperate for more hides...anyone have any ideas?

Get more cows? LOL....i have 13 cows to supply me with hides. Seems to be enough for now

Gardienn
06-17-13, 08:05 PM
Get more cows? LOL....i have 13 cows to supply me with hides. Seems to be enough for now

I second that. I have about that many cows (some in storage now) and I easily maxed on hide.

Lilipipi
06-17-13, 09:35 PM

I agree about the hides. Regular cows don't drop much of anything other than milk. My neighbor complained that she gets less than 10% drop from regular cows. Royal cows drop more but who can afford royal cows? I got all of my non-regular ones from adventures. Sheep always give wool guaranteed, and manticores almost always give fur, so the only not so guaranteed one is cowhide. Trappers trade needs 30 cowhides and it's tough to come up with them for sure.

Oliver118
06-17-13, 09:42 PM
I agree about the hides. Regular cows don't drop much of anything other than milk. My neighbor complained that she gets less than 10% drop from regular cows. Royal cows drop more but who can afford royal cows? I got all of my non-regular ones from adventures. Sheep always give wool guaranteed, and manticores almost always give fur, so the only not so guaranteed one is cowhide. Trappers trade needs 30 cowhides and it's tough to come up with them for sure.

I agree. I'm also struggling with Hides. Need 30 or 40 of them to upgrade Library to level 2, but I only have, like, eight or something, so I still need a lot more. By the way, can't do Trapper trade 'cause haven't got Sheep or Stables:(!!

minndom
06-18-13, 03:44 AM
At this point when trying to expand to Sabrina I'm low on coal and earth wisps. It requires a lot of lanterns. After being a long long time maxed out on coal I've exhausted it. And I'm always bit short on mermaid scales even though I keep fishing my ponds and wells whenever possible.

I got royal cow from an adventure. :eek:

lalisa
06-18-13, 09:47 AM
At the moment since I am an "old" level 30 with only one more place to expand to and all goals except Alicorn done (I did break down and buy him) my challenges are to keep the explorations going. To that end I never see skunkupines now so the only rat tails I get are from Ivy. That means no deep caves and no new adventure that requires Ivy's pies. Aargh!

Where are the skunkupines??!! Used to be when I harvest they would pop up in the fields. Now I get only trolls and fangbeasts there. I hate it when "they" arbitrarily change the rules/triggers. TL would make great Hunger Games Game masters! Lol

dapplefur
06-18-13, 09:52 AM
gold apples. i've only found one ever.
mermaid scales.
glimmerdust. but hopefully know that i have the quest to find the trove that will be resolved.
prime cuts.
wood. i need to start planting trees to chop down.
silver ore.
rat tails.

tanbi1
06-19-13, 12:14 AM
No really, mermaid scales! I've collected about 50 times this morning, and not one scale. :( I just seem to be on a constant mission for scales :(

sdwombat
06-19-13, 04:34 AM
Okay, whatever I listed before has all worked itself out. The most consistently stressful resource has got to be Mermaid Scales! I have the shard & still am quite unsuccessful. I need so much Enchanter's Essence & I cannot even THINK about using up some earth wisps with lumin essence, just due to this shortage!

NanaCanna
06-19-13, 05:09 AM
Mine stressful resource is silver ore & iron ore. But what stresses me out more then anything is the lack of space. I can't get all my badges cuz I can't fit all my flowers & things that grow wild. When I do finish the badges & get the knights hall, I have no clue where I'm going to put it. We also need another kitchen. You have us making food for adventures, for the exchange & also for the building upgrades. If we had a kitchen for each one of those 3 my kingdom would follow much smother. And last but not least, why do we have the chocolate cake? We made 1 cake for a goal & now it just sits there.

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:59 PM
Well, I went from hardly any glimmer dust and it being my most stressful resource to maxed on glimmer dust thanks to the troves. Now I'm stressing for sap. lol

Lilipipi
06-19-13, 01:07 PM
Mine stressful resource is silver ore & iron ore. But what stresses me out more then anything is the lack of space. I can't get all my badges cuz I can't fit all my flowers & things that grow wild. When I do finish the badges & get the knights hall, I have no clue where I'm going to put it. We also need another kitchen. You have us making food for adventures, for the exchange & also for the building upgrades. If we had a kitchen for each one of those 3 my kingdom would follow much smother. And last but not least, why do we have the chocolate cake? We made 1 cake for a goal & now it just sits there.

Good point! I would like more expansions as well. Cannot build more buildings until I get some more expansions.

dontwaitupxx
06-19-13, 04:09 PM
Coal
Iron (though lately I've had quite the abundance)
Coal
Corn (though its an easy quick fix, I just have to wait till the carrots are done)
Coal
Bacon
Coal
Rat tails
Coal
Basically anything that's in the beast droppings category.
Coal
Golden apples. (Level 25 and still no golden apple)
Did I mention coal?

vchanhs
06-19-13, 04:55 PM
Coal
Iron (though lately I've had quite the abundance)
Coal
Corn (though its an easy quick fix, I just have to wait till the carrots are done)
Coal
Bacon
Coal
Rat tails
Coal
Basically anything that's in the beast droppings category.
Coal
Golden apples. (Level 25 and still no golden apple)
Did I mention coal?

No you didn't. You only mentioned iron, corn, baron, rat tail, golden apple. Where is the coal?

wendelter
06-19-13, 08:53 PM
Wow... U guys r funny :)

elaur
06-19-13, 09:26 PM
I'm full up on coal!

Sap and often wood because of the glues.

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:12 PM
No you didn't. You only mentioned iron, corn, baron, rat tail, golden apple. Where is the coal?

He mentioned coal six times in the same post!:)

minndom
06-19-13, 10:22 PM
For me the resources go in waves. Today I'm short in earth wisps, or coal to make them. I'm now maxed on stone, wood and glimmerdust but for a short time ago I was short of them. I could have more bacon, the game just stole one breakfast buffet. :mad:

dontwaitupxx, I got my golden apples (now two) in level 25. You are not alone. :)

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:30 PM
See, that is not my case, because I've been incredibly low on Water for weeks, with few signs of recovery (well I am recovering slowly)
Currently this is the time when I need water the most. Need Superglue, Fancy Beams, Royal Building supplies and Wheat (for Tavern.)

ggfdddgh
06-20-13, 02:01 AM
SAP!!!! Such a pain.
I hate growing trees and then chopping them down, and then only getting 1-2 sap or sometimes even zero sap from a whole tree. What a waste of energy!
when I finish Sabina's house I'm never building anything that needs magic cement!

maguar
06-20-13, 04:16 AM
SAP!!!! Such a pain.
I hate growing trees and then chopping them down, and then only getting 1-2 sap or sometimes even zero sap from a whole tree. What a waste of energy!
when I finish Sabina's house I'm never building anything that needs magic cement!

If you can afford it use tree logs. No energy on growing but drops wood and occassionally sap.

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 04:28 AM
See, that is not my case, because I've been incredibly low on Water for weeks, with few signs of recovery (well I am recovering slowly)
Currently this is the time when I need water the most. Need Superglue, Fancy Beams, Royal Building supplies and Wheat (for Tavern.)

You should craft a couple of wells in your workshop one night. I recommend you do it at night because it takes 8 hours to craft them, so it is not a good idea keeping your workshops busy during the day. Wells produce the same amount of water, fish and mermaid scales as ponds, buy they require only 1 square. Also, when you will need lots of scales for luminessence (not to say enchanter's essence and love potion, which I think you already have) these wells will be very useful. I have 11 wells and two ponds, and I am always short on mermaid scales because as soon as I get some I craft a potion with them ��

ggfdddgh
06-20-13, 01:07 PM
Thanks, I will try tree logs (somehow I thought dead wood items don't give sap).

fuyukimi
06-20-13, 01:24 PM
I am also having severe shortage with sap. Sometimes I get lucky and produce 3-4 sap per tree, but other times it's like nothing. It seems like almost everything requires large amounts of sap in the game and supply just can't keep up with demand. I'm always overflowed with wood due to my attempt to get sap. Also starting to get to the point where I'm running low on iron ores as well, seems like not long ago when I was trying to bring down my iron ore supply LOL...

Rat tails are another problem since the skunks really don't like appearing :(

Bought an apple tree a few days ago to try for a golden apple. Two apple pies so far and nothing yet, wonder how many apples it'll take for it to drop? Maybe I should have spent the gems on skipping the requirement instead?

1Murphy1
06-20-13, 03:39 PM
Sap and mermaid scales, I have a over abundance of water and fish trying to get the scales. Once you get deep mines along with the regular mine, you end up with plenty of ore and jewels

cad33
06-20-13, 07:34 PM
Bought an apple tree a few days ago to try for a golden apple. Two apple pies so far and nothing yet, wonder how many apples it'll take for it to drop? Maybe I should have spent the gems on skipping the requirement instead?

Bought an apple tree early on. Wish I'd saved it for a wiz school instead. That said, I'm almost done w/ the Cooking Caravan (need 50 more oranges and done). But I've had over 180 apples drop from my apple tree w/ ZERO golden apples :( Still don't have pigglesworth :(

meeps_momma
06-20-13, 08:01 PM
Sap....but I would gladly give away all stored resources for even one alicorn part! Lol

Oliver118
06-20-13, 10:37 PM
Sap....but I would gladly give away all stored resources for even one alicorn part! Lol

How dramatic!

Lilipipi
06-20-13, 10:41 PM
Bought an apple tree early on. Wish I'd saved it for a wiz school instead. That said, I'm almost done w/ the Cooking Caravan (need 50 more oranges and done). But I've had over 180 apples drop from my apple tree w/ ZERO golden apples :( Still don't have pigglesworth :(

Don't worry. After you get Sir Pigglesworth, golden apple drop rate increases. I don't know how they do it, but when you need something, you just can't get it as readily. This game really needs patience and endurance.

fuyukimi
06-21-13, 12:17 AM

Oh no, I hope you'll get the apple soon! I was kind of afraid I'll waste my gems in gem traps so I opted to spend some gems by buying the apple tree instead (not sure if I'll ever accumulate 200 gems anyway).

H0mer15
06-21-13, 09:32 AM
Oh no, I hope you'll get the apple soon! I was kind of afraid I'll waste my gems in gem traps so I opted to spend some gems by buying the apple tree instead (not sure if I'll ever accumulate 200 gems anyway).

I know I'll never get enough for even a royal manor much less a wizard school without hitting a gem trap. I am thinking of spending mine to change the name of my kingdom, except I can't seem to get to 10. ;) (I am playing on an old iphone-- I wonder if it's slower and that causes more gem traps due to lags in processing or if I am just more fat fingered than most)

I had somewhere in the 150+ apple range before I got a golden apple (on the flip side, I got my first shard of knowledge relatively quickly I think).

Gardienn
06-21-13, 01:19 PM
Thanks, I will try tree logs (somehow I thought dead wood items don't give sap).

They don't. Forget them for sap. I just chopped five of them and collected only wood and various petals. :<

elaur
06-21-13, 02:08 PM
If you can afford it use tree logs. No energy on growing but drops wood and occassionally sap.

Good idea! Sap is a pain for me, too.

And for some reason I'm finally low on mermaid scales. I am filled on water!

Gardienn
06-21-13, 02:24 PM
But tree logs are NOT dropping sap. Just wood and petals (or at least they're not in my kingdom), so it's a waste of money and energy buying logs trying to get sap. We're better off buying tress or grass. Grass drops sap.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 02:26 PM
But tree logs are NOT dropping sap. Just wood and petals (or at least they're not in my kingdom), so it's a waste of money and energy buying logs trying to get sap. We're better off buying tress or grass. Grass drops sap.

NO NO NO! Ignore that! Grass drops GLIMMER DUST, not sap. Yeesh. Terrible brain cramp there.

But no, logs still do not produce sap. Or if they do, it's beyond one sap per fifteen collections. Trees are a far better source for sap.

arale_norimaki
06-21-13, 02:40 PM
Old log doesn't drop sap.
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/th_cdd247960df4621205b0e46eb558fb5f_zps645a8d2a.jp g

Tree log does drop sap (I just bought one to check again and it dropped 1 sap per two hits). If you take into account the fact that you won't need to grow it, unlike living trees, it may be interesting but very expensive!
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/th_d289ccaaac6ef0835cbd6c8be426bbe4_zps5e3028b6.jp g

elaur
06-21-13, 04:36 PM
So 300 more for a tree log (instead of a crab apple tree) and no energy cost. That's still better.

maguar
06-21-13, 04:48 PM
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/th_cdd247960df4621205b0e46eb558fb5f_zps645a8d2a.jp g

Tree log does drop sap (I just bought one to check again and it dropped 1 sap per two hits). If you take into account the fact that you won't need to grow it, unlike living trees, it may be interesting but very expensive!
http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/th_d289ccaaac6ef0835cbd6c8be426bbe4_zps5e3028b6.jp g

Old log is good if you want wood, mushrooms, Glimmerdust, petals. Tree log is good for wood and sap. Dead tree is good for wood, mushrooms, Glimmerdust. I have been told it can drop sap but I can't remember whether I've verified this or not.

Lilipipi
06-21-13, 05:36 PM
So 300 more for a tree log (instead of a crab apple tree) and no energy cost. That's still better.

Yeah but the tree log gets cleared in two chops vs. ten chops for the crab apple tree. Energy is really the problem, so I guess if you have a lot of coins tree logs are better.

elaur
06-21-13, 05:39 PM
Yeah but the tree log gets cleared in two chops vs. ten chops for the crab apple tree. Energy is really the problem, so I guess if you have a lot of coins tree logs are better.

Oh yikes 2 chops is a lot lower.

Lilipipi
06-21-13, 05:45 PM
Oh yikes 2 chops is a lot lower.

I tried tree logs before. Because the sap drop rate is less than 50%, lot of times you don't get a sap from clearing a log. I didn't like it that much because of that. Of course you get lucky and get two per log but not as often.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 06:02 PM

Bingo. Thank you. Next time I'll dig more to make sure I have correct info before posting.

dragonflyagk
06-21-13, 06:27 PM
It has varied at different levels. But now it's mermaid scales and iron ore. Glimmerdust was one of my challenges until I got my glimmer Trove. Woot woot! And I have great neighbors and they helped a lot with my glimmerdust supply

I'm level 27

Once upon a time I had challenges with sap and water, but these days I'm trying to find ways to use them because I keep maxing out!

bbarra
06-23-13, 01:09 AM
Use up some water. If you are maxed or near maxed on water and fish scales won't drop so often. I think this is true with any resource, at least its been my observation.

Lilipipi
06-23-13, 01:16 AM
I've been short on fish lately from energy exchanges. Good thing about it is that I get more mermaid scales with fish shortage. I guess the game thinks that I'm fishing for fish and gives me mermaid scales instead. :)

Oliver118
06-24-13, 10:45 PM
Very short on fish, not a lot of mermaid scales though I don't really need them at this stage. Still short on Water, Iron Ore, no Golden Apple:( but plenty of Sap, unlike some people.:confused:

vchanhs
06-25-13, 03:54 AM
Still need a lot of saps, eggs and milk. Stupid brewer and trader badges.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 06:50 AM
Still need a lot of saps, eggs and milk. Stupid brewer and trader badges.

Me too, I don't care about rat tails or MS at the moment, just glues and trades.
Funny story, I collected 50 times from wells to get 3 fish to launch a Meat delivery trade, I got 8 MS (usually it is the opposite). The game knows I want fish :(

ghjvcucjb
06-25-13, 09:21 AM
Me too, I don't care about rat tails or MS at the moment, just glues and trades.
Funny story, I collected 50 times from wells to get 3 fish to launch a Meat delivery trade, I got 8 MS (usually it is the opposite). The game knows I want fish :(

ITA, The Game KNOWS!

Have never had an issue with sap, until I had to make all the glues for my brewer's badge. Now...I've chopped over 50 (probably closer to 75) trees in the past few days and barely can spit out a beam or two a day, trying for artisan badge. Can't even make syrup. And yet, now that I no longer have any expansions I'm maxed out on coal. I've never been over 20 coals in the whole time I've played. The Game knows, and it has a sick sick sense of humor :mad:

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 11:00 AM
ITA, The Game KNOWS!

Have never had an issue with sap, until I had to make all the glues for my brewer's badge. Now...I've chopped over 50 (probably closer to 75) trees in the past few days and barely can spit out a beam or two a day, trying for artisan badge. Can't even make syrup. And yet, now that I no longer have any expansions I'm maxed out on coal. I've never been over 20 coals in the whole time I've played. The Game knows, and it has a sick sick sense of humor :mad:

Lol, me too. T&T has turned my game upside down!
- I was always moaning about coal (there are posts in the forum to prove it) to craft wisps... BUT now I am maxed out in wisps (I have even crafted 4 Kissing lights!) so I have been using coal to craft jewels at the Magic forge.
- I kept turning jewels into pink jewel at the Love Shack, crafting swords and platters to avoid being maxed out... BUT since T&T and the artisan's badge I have been crafting lots of Royal stuff whenever I was close to max in Fancy stuff.
- I was always close to max in sap, even if crafted lots of glues (close to max in both simple and super)... BUT now with the Artisan's and Brewer's badge I can not seem to get enough of it!
- I used to hunt for MS and rat tails to send my knights in the Dark Caves adventure... BUT now I don't have energy for that, my stocks are going down so I am using all the adventures and not just the two more demanding.

I know I should just forget about this silly goal, but I can't! So until I get all my badges my whole kingdom will be upside down... Maybe after that everything would go back to normal?

mommafirst
06-27-13, 09:55 AM
I'm still new at this game but I can't seem to get enough of anything. My worst is red petals. Blue flowers always give blue etc but there are no red flowers so where do I get them? There are so many quests and I can't keep up with them. Can't get the resources to do them. Advice please?

maguar
06-27-13, 02:56 PM
I'm still new at this game but I can't seem to get enough of anything. My worst is red petals. Blue flowers always give blue etc but there are no red flowers so where do I get them? There are so many quests and I can't keep up with them. Can't get the resources to do them. Advice please?

From the FAQ (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?49013-Castle-Story-FAQs-Improved)

Where do I get Red Petals from?

Red petals are random drops from:

Tall grass
Ferns
Old logs
Plant in log
Ivy's Hut
Valentine plants

angellahg
06-27-13, 04:47 PM
Sap, sap and sap...low on glimmerdust too but sap is dropping way to little!

sdwombat
06-27-13, 04:56 PM
Sap, mermaid scales, and apparently, after today, adamant!

fuyukimi
06-27-13, 07:07 PM
Sap problem temporarily alleviated since I'm not actively building much lately, but right now I'm running low on glimmerdust, iron ores, red petals, and rat tails, and I foresee shortage on mermaid scales very soon LOL

ghjvcucjb
06-27-13, 07:18 PM
Currently, money. Spent the past 5 days upgrading most of my buildings from level 1 to level 5 out of boredom. Bad move on my part as now I don't have enough money to make final upgrades of deep mines. Haven't been this poor since level 3.

Next it will be mithril, silver ore for mithril and adamant.

babman
06-28-13, 01:50 AM
Scales! Im always full of water and fish :)

bbarra
06-28-13, 03:47 AM
Definately scales. Used to get all the time. I'm going to have to starting making glue and paint to use up water and there not much to do for fish except keep stockpiling simple feast.

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 03:53 AM
Bbarra, you can use fish also for the meat delivery trade or breaded fish (for hearty feast).

lotuskat
06-28-13, 05:56 AM
TL must've heard me whine about the MS, because now I get one every 3-5 collections, which isn't that bad! Now I'm all out of Sap trying to get the Brewer's badge. Perhaps TL will pity da fool that is me and up my Sap collection rate? (~_^)

bbarra
06-28-13, 09:18 AM
Scales! Im always full of water and fish :)

Check out the fountain in the workshop, need $7,000, 5 fancy beam, and 15 water.

Lilipipi
06-28-13, 03:50 PM
Check out the fountain in the workshop, need $7,000, 5 fancy beam, and 15 water.

I think that fountain is just a decoration. You don't collect anything from it.

arale_norimaki
06-28-13, 04:24 PM
But you need water to craft it, I think that's what bbarra was talking about :)

vitriolicheart
06-28-13, 05:10 PM
Golden Apple. It does not want to appear to me at all. I've made 10 apple pies and am maxed out on apples. So far, no apple.

Mermaid scales are a pain but at least I can get them fairly regularly.

bbarra
06-29-13, 05:13 AM
But you need water to craft it, I think that's what bbarra was talking about :)

Yes, takes 15 buckets and doesn't use sap, fancy beams fairly easy to come by but I'd think twice about using sap just to use up some water unless its minimal. Sap really is needed for other things.

deadeye204
06-30-13, 07:34 PM
Mermaid scales are by far the most stressful with Sap a close second. The trade routes and various adventures make it a constant effort to keep milk, eggs and sugar.

Oliver118
07-02-13, 10:26 PM
Simple Feast and potions make me struggle with Water, but lately I've had 6 water, which is an improvement. Bacon is a close fourth by 2 to water and Iron Ore currently is tied with Water and that's because of Longswords and Fancy Blocks. I think I have 4 milk, so it is my most stressful resource. Sugar has not been a problem though it is very close third to water, with 7 sugar. Mermaid scales come fifth at a reasonable amount of 11, which is still quite appaling. I have 2 Gold Nuggets and 1 Golden Egg, but they are a different matter. I have 1 Wood Beam. Red Petals come last, because I am maxed out on them. Silver Ore comes penultimate and then wood and stone at around 80.

ghjvcucjb
07-02-13, 10:30 PM
Most stressful is sap, silver ore, & mithril.

Most depressing is sacred horn & dragon egg.

fuyukimi
07-02-13, 10:55 PM
As I've predicted, I am all out of iron ores because Thurston just took all 50 in my inventory for the hook to fish his helmet (still on it, sigh). The game seems to have an amazing ability to NOT give you the resources you desperately need. I've experienced sap and glimmerdust shortage but those had been alleviated, especially glimmerdust since I completed the glimmerdust trove quest and got an extra trove this morning from another adventure :) Finally, I wouldn't have to collect from mushrooms which I am always maxed on just to try for glimmerdust!

Mermaid scales are dwindling as well. I wish I can get more than 1 or 2 scales a day, my potion workshop has been idling too much waiting for scales :(

alyanaalyana
07-03-13, 01:51 AM
Mermaid scales for me :(
I've gone through the periods of shortage of iron ore, coal, sap, and glimmerdust, but mermaid scales has always been a huge, never-ending problem, even with the first shard from the Tablet.
We've got a jeweller, we've got glimmerdust troves, we've got mines for rare materials... I wish we might get a Sparkling Fountain soon (or somesuch) that would *always* drop 1-3 scales.

tankerslacers
07-03-13, 03:50 PM
Mithril and Adamant - rare drops

The one item I can't seem to get enough of it LIVING WOOD. Please tell me how I can get more living wood - I check my resource buildings often and seem to get little. Is there a nature item I can buy that will produce it? Dead trees and logs don't seem to do it.

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 04:07 PM
Living wood: Drops (but it is rare) from sawmill, Ivy's hut, all trees including Dead tree, Magic garden, Old Log, Sir Piggy, Feed the Baron and adventures (in my experience, mostly Search the ancient vault). All living trees have the same drop rate. It can be crafted at the Potion shop with 20 wood, 10 white petals and 5 water.

ghjvcucjb
07-03-13, 04:24 PM
I get them from watering my valentine flowers (the pink ones) and occasionally the pink mushroom rings.

ghjvcucjb
07-03-13, 04:25 PM
I get them from watering my valentine flowers (the pink ones) and occasionally the pink mushroom rings.

This is in regards to living wood...

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 04:28 PM
I have never got living wood from any flower or ring. Maybe you mean Entwined seedling?

ghjvcucjb
07-03-13, 04:40 PM
I have never got living wood from any flower or ring. Maybe you mean Entwined seedling?

A few weeks ago I was trying desperately to finish up botany goal & make valentine tree hedges for Sabina's house so took out my v-day plants & pink rings to get entwined seedlings & every so often living wood would pop up. Maybe I was spending too much time in my mushroom rings? I know I was multi tasking other chores at the same time. Will go back to this next week so can report back then

arale_norimaki
07-03-13, 04:51 PM
I still collect from them daily to try at least one Botany + get some lovecupines ;) So I'll pay attention to make sure I don't miss anything interesting and will let you know :)

vchanhs
07-03-13, 05:37 PM
Now my most stressful is adamant. Keep hoping to see one when I collect from deep mines but nothing.

SybreTiger
07-03-13, 07:25 PM
Now my most stressful is adamant. Keep hoping to see one when I collect from deep mines but nothing.

But adamant has no use right now...

Mine would probably be Mermaid Scales. I have 8 ponds/wells I collect from, but I still only get 0-1 scale per collecting from all 8.

ghjvcucjb
07-03-13, 07:44 PM
But adamant has no use right now...

Mine would probably be Mermaid Scales. I have 8 ponds/wells I collect from, but I still only get 0-1 scale per collecting from all 8.

I may be wrong but I think adamant is now needed for deep mine upgrade.

alyanaalyana
07-03-13, 08:25 PM
The deep mine can be upgraded now? :-0

Oliver118
07-03-13, 11:03 PM
Just to recap, here are my stressful leaderboards for resources:
Resource name Amount Place
Golden Egg 1 1st
Wood Beam 1 2nd
Gold Nugget 2 3rd
Milk 4 4th
Water 6 5th
Sugar 7 6th
Bacon 8 7th
Mermaid Scales 11 8th
Glimmerdust 27 9th
Blue Petal 49 10th
Purple Petal 49 11th
Tree Sap 60 12th
Roast Chicken 71 13th
Eggs 75 14th
Wood 80 15th
Stone 80 16th
Red Petal 99 17th
Sorry for the alignment, and I may have missed some things out.

dapplefur
07-04-13, 01:12 AM
gold apples. i've only found one ever.
mermaid scales.
glimmerdust. but hopefully know that i have the quest to find the trove that will be resolved.
prime cuts.
wood. i need to start planting trees to chop down.
silver ore.
rat tails.

now that i got the glimmerdust trove my glimmerdust issue has been solved. i brought out my second sawmill so my wood problem is now also solved. i got some silver ore from the dark cave formation but i still need more.

minndom
07-04-13, 04:57 AM
Today due to Sabina's house: sap.

SybreTiger
07-04-13, 09:37 AM
Wow, I didn't know Deep Mine could be upgraded... So I just upgraded one of mine to level 2, and I have all the materials to upgrade to level 3 (all four say complete), yet the Build button is greyed out, and it says 240 gems to upgrade.

ghjvcucjb
07-04-13, 10:54 AM
Wow, I didn't know Deep Mine could be upgraded... So I just upgraded one of mine to level 2, and I have all the materials to upgrade to level 3 (all four say complete), yet the Build button is greyed out, and it says 240 gems to upgrade.

It's a known bug, see bug thread. It's been happening to me all week. Just force close your game and reopen. The real requirements will appear and the option to build will be available. However a few minutes later it will be grayed out again so you'll have to re force close each time.

Just an FYI: several people are reporting that once they upgrade their mines, their mithril stopped. Not sure if this is true or just a perception, but you might want to read up on it before you finish upgrading.

Gardienn
07-04-13, 12:00 PM
It's a known bug, see bug thread. It's been happening to me all week. Just force close your game and reopen. The real requirements will appear and the option to build will be available. However a few minutes later it will be grayed out again so you'll have to re force close each time.

Just an FYI: several people are reporting that once they upgrade their mines, their mithril stopped. Not sure if this is true or just a perception, but you might want to read up on it before you finish upgrading.

That's good to know. I was thinking of upgrading one mine and keeping my other one at base level for awhile. Sounds like that might be the right choice for now.

nan0165
07-05-13, 02:32 AM
Mermaid scales
Silver ore
Wing ....that I've been waiting for 3 months to drop.
(And yes I have the pink rainbow)

Sobepeng
07-05-13, 04:01 PM
Has anyone had this experience with sap?: About two weeks ago, for 3-4 days sap was dropping at a higher rate from sawmills and trees. Both sawmills normally give me 6-8 saps, but all of the sudden I was getting 10-11. Trees also seemed to have an improved drop rate, and for the first time sap was at a good rate. I was not overflowed with it or short of stock.

Sadly, the drop rates seemed to return to normal. I'm sure TeamLava might just say that I got lucky, but honestly I don't think I have ever seen drop rates that good ever before. Plus it happened for multiple days in a row. Just wondering if anyone else had this.

Oliver118
07-05-13, 11:20 PM
Has anyone had this experience with sap?: About two weeks ago, for 3-4 days sap was dropping at a higher rate from sawmills and trees. Both sawmills normally give me 6-8 saps, but all of the sudden I was getting 10-11. Trees also seemed to have an improved drop rate, and for the first time sap was at a good rate. I was not overflowed with it or short of stock.

Sadly, the drop rates seemed to return to normal. I'm sure TeamLava might just say that I got lucky, but honestly I don't think I have ever seen drop rates that good ever before. Plus it happened for multiple days in a row. Just wondering if anyone else had this.

I've got plenty of Sap. Currently I'm pretty low on Fish and Iron Ore, I only just have enough to craft a Longsword. That's bad because I need Iron Ore for crafting Fancy Blocks!

onemansmiracle
07-06-13, 01:23 PM
I've got plenty of Sap. Currently I'm pretty low on Fish and Iron Ore, I only just have enough to craft a Longsword. That's bad because I need Iron Ore for crafting Fancy Blocks!

Buy some iron rich rocks, you get more than 10 iron ores after clearing each rock. I guess if coins is not a problem?

Oliver118
07-06-13, 10:37 PM
Buy some iron rich rocks, you get more than 10 iron ores after clearing each rock. I guess if coins is not a problem?

Iron rich rocks are more expensive for only 8 strikes, and besides I'm saving up coins for the Thurston expansion.

Queenzod
07-06-13, 11:08 PM

I've noticed this with a lot of materials. My current hypothesis is that the algorithm has a wave built in, so sometimes things are fabulous, and at other times it gets really low. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it. At least until one of our programmers enlightens me otherwise.

cad33
07-07-13, 05:26 PM
I know I've said different things at different points of this thread because... as my needs change, so does my stressful resource change.

I just bought the Amphitheater and sap is now my most stressful resource. Allow me to expain.

This building requires 4 A. paste and 6 E. Beams. 1 A. Paste costs 50 wood and 74 sap. 1 E. Beam costs 45 wood and 15 sap.
This means that the 4 A. paste cost 200 wood and 296 sap, and the 6 E. beams cost 270 wood and 90 sap. Grand total of 470 wood and 386 sap.

Now this is just for 1 building, and I know certain quests may toss you a beam or maybe some paste (and it's helpful) but I don't get NEAR a 1 for 1 on wood/sap drops, so we'll just ignore wood because by the time I have 386 sap I'll probably have closer to 1000 wood. Even though I'm what I'd call an aggressive player (Log in and collect from resources more than 5x a day, everyday), this will take me more than a week.

I have 2 sawmills, say I collect from both and they yield 8 (I think this may be a little high for me but it sounds like others are achieving this)
8 saps from 2 sawmills and I get 5 pulls per day. That's 40 sap per day. Or 10 days to get the necessary sap for this building (as I said, playing aggressively). Obviously I'm buying trees but it's not consistent. Some trees will give me 4 sap and others 0. It's also expensive (energy, not $$).

We have both mine and deep mine.
We now have the glimmerdust trove.
I'd LOVE to see a Deep sawmill or some equiv to get more sap. It's used in glues, beams and syrup... which is to say, useful with Workshops, Kitchens and Potion shops.

I'm hopeful I can get this done in closer to 7 days, assuming my adventures pay out well, and the trees provide good yields... we'll have to wait and see.

arikasi
07-08-13, 11:23 AM
Sap is extremely stressful. I built an amphitheater by not doing anything else for two weeks straight. Then came the princess' house, ooph! that magic paste and beams that one took me a month and all because of the lack of sap. In everything I do it dictates the critical path. Now I'm trying to upgrade buildings which means more fine beams, royals beams, ornate beams and lots of glue/paste its extremely slow going and I play a lot.

JayUK69
07-08-13, 11:57 AM
Coal is mine now I've expanded all I can. I am trying to make as many earth wisps and wisp lanterns as possible so I have plenty for future updates. I either get no coal or 1-2 each time I collect and hardly any from smashing rocks.

Oliver118
07-08-13, 10:41 PM
By far my most stressful resources are Prime Cuts, I think I've had High Steaks and Necessary Truffness since March, and only 10 Prime Cuts for High Steaks and 4 Truffles for Necessary Truffness. I've had these goals for 4 months and appaling amounts I've got!

fuyukimi
07-08-13, 11:33 PM
Iron rich rocks are more expensive for only 8 strikes, and besides I'm saving up coins for the Thurston expansion.

Thurston's quest line requires a lot of iron ores. My iron ore shortage is purely thanks to him :(

venym
07-09-13, 06:38 AM
Sap is hard to come by!!

onemansmiracle
07-09-13, 09:35 AM
I spent more than 100000 on chopping tree logs for saps everyday,but it is just never enough. Drop rate is close to mermaid scale. One day's outcome can barely make a single architects paste! Let alone it is also needed for adventure and other building materials.

lotuskat
07-09-13, 12:25 PM
I spent more than 100000 on chopping tree logs for saps everyday,but it is just never enough. Drop rate is close to mermaid scale. One day's outcome can barely make a single architects paste! Let alone it is also needed for adventure and other building materials.

Same here. Thankfully, I've accrued a lot of coins over the past few months, so I've been buying a ton of tree stumps (no need to grow 'em, just chop 'em!). I used to get about 1 sap for every 3 chops, but now it's more like 1 sap for every 6-8. I never thought I'd be so low on sap. I used to max out on them all the time!

rosewaterlily
07-09-13, 12:56 PM
Silver, living wood, mermaid scales are all limiting my magic cement making. Sometimes I do the enchanter's trade to get some builder's paste to not waste wood/sap to make it. That trade also occasionally given me some silver.

Oliver118
07-09-13, 10:58 PM
Thurston's quest line requires a lot of iron ores. My iron ore shortage is purely thanks to him :(

Relax, I already know I'll need 50 Iron Ore to craft the Fishing Hook (50, that's just ridiculous!)

fuyukimi
07-10-13, 03:37 AM
Relax, I already know I'll need 50 Iron Ore to craft the Fishing Hook (50, that's just ridiculous!)

You then need 30 more for his breastplate. Then another 30 for the ballista. I just finished scrapping together 30 iron ores, and that was like... 20 stone blocks later. I wish iron rich rocks weren't quite so expensive!

cad33
07-10-13, 10:20 AM
You then need 30 more for his breastplate. Then another 30 for the ballista. I just finished scrapping together 30 iron ores, and that was like... 20 stone blocks later. I wish iron rich rocks weren't quite so expensive!

LOL. Don't stress that. It's not that bad. Plus, you get 2 mines, and 1 or 2 deep mines and you'll have ample iron. Start saving your sap now. Iron rich rocks are awesome because if you really need it, it's 8 energy and a little $$ and you'll get 8+ iron out of it.

Sap does not come as fast.

And now I need 40 MORE furs to finish the building. Thankfully, I finally got the Anatomy quest. Unfortunately, I need 15 more rat tails to complete it (and improve my monster drops). At this point, I actually think I'll get 25 more trade tickets first and get that tinker camp I've been wanting.
Monsters attack on their timeline, not yours; so there is no planning for them.

Good luck to you! Push through, you're almost there. And you can start to hate other stressful resources. ;)

fuyukimi
07-10-13, 05:28 PM
LOL. Don't stress that. It's not that bad. Plus, you get 2 mines, and 1 or 2 deep mines and you'll have ample iron. Start saving your sap now. Iron rich rocks are awesome because if you really need it, it's 8 energy and a little $$ and you'll get 8+ iron out of it.

Sap does not come as fast.

And now I need 40 MORE furs to finish the building. Thankfully, I finally got the Anatomy quest. Unfortunately, I need 15 more rat tails to complete it (and improve my monster drops). At this point, I actually think I'll get 25 more trade tickets first and get that tinker camp I've been wanting.
Monsters attack on their timeline, not yours; so there is no planning for them.

Good luck to you! Push through, you're almost there. And you can start to hate other stressful resources. ;)

I think these periods just come and go. I was all out of sap a while ago, and now I am back up to 90 again. I am more worried about mermaid scales actually, I should build another well but my workshops are always busy!

Rat tails are stressful too because of the scarcity of skunkupines. Even my recent harvesting of wheat and sugar are not luring them, le sigh.

Oliver118
07-13-13, 01:22 AM

OMG, so altogether I'll need 110 Iron Ore, I've officially stopped crafting Longswords and Fancy Blocks to save up Iron Ore for Thurston.

*as an aside, muttering*TL, you have to do something about this. It's ridiculous, just ridiculous! It sounds too ridiculous to be true!

Oliver118
07-13-13, 01:27 AM
I think these periods just come and go. I was all out of sap a while ago, and now I am back up to 90 again. I am more worried about mermaid scales actually, I should build another well but my workshops are always busy!

Rat tails are stressful too because of the scarcity of skunkupines. Even my recent harvesting of wheat and sugar are not luring them, le sigh.

Try harvesting corn or collecting from the white flowers. When I collect from white flowers the skunkupines just come rolling in! They probably like pollen zones. But, in a kingdom like mine, Fangbeasts are much more common than Skunkupines and they really are despicable beasts.

fuyukimi
07-13-13, 10:40 AM
Try harvesting corn or collecting from the white flowers. When I collect from white flowers the skunkupines just come rolling in! They probably like pollen zones. But, in a kingdom like mine, Fangbeasts are much more common than Skunkupines and they really are despicable beasts.

Corn works better than flowers in my kingdom in terms of luring skunkupines, as does chopping trees. I've been running low on wood of all things ever since I needed to make those annoying builder and architect pastes!

On a happier note, I've finally finished building Thurston's fort. Yay! I haven't done the bandits adventure in a long time, now I can finally start going back to crafting longswords (and using some of my maxed out jewels too!)

Any one have ideas about using up silver ore other than making royal beams and blocks?

minndom
07-13-13, 12:19 PM
The expansion to roost requires 25 wisp lanterns and 3200 rotal points. Do your math what that requires..

Don't start with the market requirements. There you have to provide lots of iron ore in short time. Iron rich rocks are good source for for iron ore in either case.

vchanhs
07-13-13, 05:38 PM
Any one have ideas about using up silver ore other than making royal beams and blocks?

Silver trays, armor for desert adventure. Mithril if you have 4 shards. And most important magic cement which you need a lot.

mathstagelover
07-13-13, 05:50 PM
Iron ore and tree sap!

Every time you mine an Iron Rich Rock, you get an iron ore. That means 8 iron ore from one 5,200 coin rock!

Just a helpful tip! :o

mathstagelover
07-13-13, 06:14 PM
Rat tails, rat tails, rat tails, and more rat tails! I just got the 3rd shard, and need to give 11 more rat tails. I get about one a day, from Ivy's hut.

Fur. I'm building my amphitheater right now, and I just need 12 more furs to complete it. I sent a plea to all of my neighbors earlier today asking for fur!

Luckily I just recovered from my sap shortage. Did you know that the amphitheater needs a total of 386 sap? Lots for 4 architects paste, and some for fancy beams.

You can check my math (and my ID :rolleyes:):

2 builder's paste for each of the 4 architect's paste, equalling 8 builder's paste.

8 builder's paste, 10 sap each equals 80 sap

3 super glue per builder's paste, 8 builder's paste, 8 times 3 = 24 times 5 sap per super glue = 120 sap plus 80 = 200 sap

1 simple glue per super glue equals 24 simple glue. 4 sap for each simple glue is 24 times 4, which equals 96 sap + 200 = 296 sap.

You need 5 sap per fancy beam, and three fancy beams for each of the 6 enchanted beams needed. 3 x 6 x 5 = 90 more sap for all of the fancy beams. 90 + 296 = 386 total sap needed for the amphitheater.

farmerted7
07-13-13, 06:49 PM
Troll essence. Can't even get many trolls to begin with.

How have others who are maxed out lure trolls??

sdwombat
07-13-13, 07:05 PM

i'd be more interested to know how you manage to avoid them, lol!

Gardienn
07-13-13, 07:33 PM
i'd be more interested to know how you manage to avoid them, lol!

Me either. I can't get away from them. They're popping up all the time when I harvest glimmer bulbs and collect from buildings.

Oliver118
07-14-13, 12:10 AM
OK, I'm not getting anywhere with Prime Cuts and Truffles and still no wool, which was the reason I built this Stable in the first place! This is just stupid!

fuyukimi
07-14-13, 01:29 AM
Silver trays, armor for desert adventure. Mithril if you have 4 shards. And most important magic cement which you need a lot.

Haven't unlocked those yet, I guess I'm stuck with forging royal beams and blocks at the moment, or will simply have to let them max out :(

OK, I'm not getting anywhere with Prime Cuts and Truffles and still no wool, which was the reason I built this Stable in the first place! This is just stupid!

Stable will provide wool, though not consistently. Have patience! I managed to get by with two stables for my lack of sheep so far, enough to build the sawmill and do a few trades, at least :)

mathstagelover
07-14-13, 04:12 PM

I have gotten 2/3 of my sheep from adventures, and now I'm full of wool! They also give prime cuts about 1/2 of the time, and sometimes they've given two prime cuts in one drop!

A for truffles, I got my Albino pig from an adventure (Hunt Roaming Bandits; same with the sheep), and it drops lots of truffles! If you don't have Sir Pigglesworth, you should definitely get him. I didn't wait for a golden apple to drop, I just skipped that part of the challenge for 40 gems and it was well worth it! He drops loads of truffles and other stuff too! Even without any fruit trees, I have made two of each fruit meal just from the fruit I get from him!

Are your stables upgraded? I find that my upgraded stables give wool more often.

mathstagelover
07-14-13, 04:14 PM

Royal buildings. This is what lures trolls in most of the time. Also try glimmerbulbs.

mathstagelover
07-14-13, 04:17 PM
I know I've said different things at different points of this thread because... as my needs change, so does my stressful resource change.

I just bought the Amphitheater and sap is now my most stressful resource. Allow me to expain.

This building requires 4 A. paste and 6 E. Beams. 1 A. Paste costs 50 wood and 74 sap. 1 E. Beam costs 45 wood and 15 sap.
This means that the 4 A. paste cost 200 wood and 296 sap, and the 6 E. beams cost 270 wood and 90 sap. Grand total of 470 wood and 386 sap.

Oh my goodness I did not see this post when I posted the exact same thing about sap. Well, at least we now know that both of us are right!

sdwombat
07-14-13, 06:44 PM

I thought of you this morning when I collected from my Royal Chateau--troll. And again a few minutes later when I collected from Sabina's House--Troll. And again after that, when I collected from my conservatory, harvested my cocoa beans, collected from my sparkling mine, etc. This was all in the space of a few minutes upon wakening & trying to clear my kingdom. I fought off EIGHT (yes, 8!!!!) trolls in all, just in that first round of collecting. Admittedly, I don't usually have THIS many to contend with all at once, so to speak, but it was totally ridiculous. And to make my morning complete--no dragon egg again. *sigh*

wealthyrich
07-14-13, 08:16 PM
Silver

ghjvcucjb
07-15-13, 02:02 AM

I find the best way for me is to collect from one type all at once to trigger trolls (all beasts). I use to have 12 towers and would Quickly tap them all at once. Usually a troll would appear by the time my character would reach the third tower. Once I dispensed him/her (still can't figure that out) I would quickly tap my remaining towers and bam usually another troll would appear. Sometimes I could get 3 + trolls using this method. Now I only have 6 towers so usually only 1-2 trolls at a time now. Same with harvesting. I never harvest Less than 10 at a time as I want all the beasts to appear. Usually when harvesting quickly and in mass I will get several beasts! On the very rare occasion I don't want to deal with a beast/troll, I will not harvest/collect from a single type but tape different things, ie. cow, mushroom ring, tree, chicken, etc.

ghjvcucjb
07-15-13, 02:13 AM
Stressful resource now: nothing as I'm in limbo on goals.

Stressful items are still the unattainable red flowering bush for botany goal and the elusive Space Alicorn horn whose 5 month mission is to elude and frustrate CS addicts. To boldly go where no random drop has gone before. To seek out dragon eggs and hide them from other CS addicts... Insert dramatic space music here...

Shout out to Goldonis S. and Susanville!

sdwombat
07-15-13, 03:37 AM
��

Stressful items are still the unattainable red flowering bush for botany goal and the elusive Space Alicorn horn whose 5 month mission is to elude and frustrate CS addicts. To boldly go where no random drop has gone before. To seek out dragon eggs and hide them from other CS addicts... Insert dramatic space music here...

As of today, my dragon egg remains in a galaxy far, far away...............

dragoniakingdom
07-15-13, 04:00 AM
��

As of today, my dragon egg remains in a galaxy far, far away...............

I fear mine was eaten by a manticore!:(

Gardienn
07-15-13, 10:58 AM

I wish Scottie would find him and beam him to me. I bet when he does make it to my kingdom, he'll glow in my eyes. lol

My dragon egg is also touring the planet, I think, with wombat's.

farmerted7
07-15-13, 07:05 PM
Thanks for suggestions for troll essence. Still a challenge! Everything else you can work for. This is just too random.

catcrack
07-15-13, 07:21 PM
I know for a fact everyone in this forum has a resource in Castle story that they struggle with.Neighbours that never visit and help out.

Gardienn
07-15-13, 08:05 PM
Neighbours that never visit and help out.

Yeah, well... I tried to visit you but you disappeared from my neighbor list. lol

ghjvcucjb
07-15-13, 08:08 PM

I visit you every day and try to help out but usually your heartless. So I'm stuck taking out the trash Thurston leaves behind your tavern.

Oliver118
07-15-13, 10:34 PM

Neighbors I never even knew that I had (I know, catcrack, it's always the same!)

butterball8509
07-16-13, 07:28 AM

Spot on, Catcrack! Sometimes socializing on forums is more important than actually playing!

sdwombat
07-16-13, 08:05 AM
Spot on, Catcrack! Sometimes socializing on forums is more important than actually playing!

Well said!

jawest78
07-16-13, 02:55 PM
I've read the whole thread and saw a few references to Living Wood, but no good ideas on how to gather more. Most of the other "stressful" resources have ready answers on how to gather more (sap -> chop trees; mermaid scales -> fish more), but I haven't seen anything for Living Wood. I've tried the Valentine's plants mentioned a few pages ago, but that doesn't work, and I need to craft a bunch of Enchanted items to complete some upgrades, and Living Wood is my roadblock. Any ideas?

MiniLaura
07-16-13, 05:19 PM
Most of the other "stressful" resources have ready answers on how to gather more (sap -> chop trees; mermaid scales -> fish more), but I haven't seen anything for Living Wood. Living Wood is my roadblock. Any ideas?

Chop more trees. I think chopping some of the logs works, too but I'm not sure which ones. (My guess would be all logs EXCEPT the old log.)

also collect from Ivy's hut and the sawmills as much as possible.

Sobepeng
07-16-13, 06:20 PM
I've read the whole thread and saw a few references to Living Wood, but no good ideas on how to gather more. Most of the other "stressful" resources have ready answers on how to gather more (sap -> chop trees; mermaid scales -> fish more), but I haven't seen anything for Living Wood. I've tried the Valentine's plants mentioned a few pages ago, but that doesn't work, and I need to craft a bunch of Enchanted items to complete some upgrades, and Living Wood is my roadblock. Any ideas?

It's funny, sap is still a big issue for me, but now that I'm working towards upgrading my deep mines, suddenly living wood has become empty too. They really should consider a super sawmill of sorts.

maguar
07-17-13, 03:16 AM
Chop more trees. I think chopping some of the logs works, too but I'm not sure which ones. (My guess would be all logs EXCEPT the old log.)

Tree log is the way to go. It's expense, only has 2 chops but can drop sap. On the plus side no energy needed to grow it.

maguar
07-17-13, 03:19 AM

Normal trees, potentially dead trees (I haven't verified it but it has been reported by others), magic garden, sawmill, Ivy's hut, craft in potion shop. If you're leaning towards crafting it I would recommend chopping old logs - you tend to get wood and different coloured petals (with the occasional Glimmerdust and mushroom).

wassupbaby
07-17-13, 07:05 AM
Normal trees, potentially dead trees (I haven't verified it but it has been reported by others), magic garden, sawmill, Ivy's hut, craft in potion shop. If you're leaning towards crafting it I would recommend chopping old logs - you tend to get wood and different coloured petals (with the occasional Glimmerdust and mushroom).

magic garden drops living wood too ? Is it sth new cuz i havent been collecting from it since the trading thing. perhaps it's time to collect again.

catcrack
07-17-13, 07:10 AM
Neighbors I never even knew that I had (I know, catcrack, it's always the same!)Oh, I wasn't singling you out, just trying to make a point that especially at the lower levels, your neighbors are the most underrated resource. Their gifts are especially helpful as you expand, and visiting them will give you experience points, energy and coins.

jawest78
07-17-13, 11:13 AM

I've chopped tons of trees in order to get sap, and I can't recall seeing much (if any) Living Wood drop.

It's funny, sap is still a big issue for me, but now that I'm working towards upgrading my deep mines, suddenly living wood has become empty too. They really should consider a super sawmill of sorts.

This is where my resources are going, and Living Wood seems extremely difficult to come by. (I misspoke earlier as I actually need Ornate Beams rather than Enchanted Beams)

Tree log is the way to go. It's expense, only has 2 chops but can drop sap. On the plus side no energy needed to grow it.

Does the tree log drop Living Wood as well? Money isn't much of an issue so I have no problem spending it if I can get the resources I need.

I collect from all of these buildings as soon as they are available, and crafting Living Wood seems really expensive and unsustainable.

ghjvcucjb
07-17-13, 11:23 AM
Living wood probably seems rare right now because you need it. Again, the game KNOWS....

I regularly max out on living wood, until I needed a ton of it a few weeks ago, then barely anything. Now that I'm not needing it, my sawmill dropped 5 at one time yesterday. Let your supply build up a little, like 20-25 before you start using it to distract the game from thinking you need it.

Queenzod
07-17-13, 11:41 AM
Living wood probably seems rare right now because you need it. Again, the game KNOWS....

I regularly max out on living wood, until I needed a ton of it a few weeks ago, then barely anything. Now that I'm not needing it, my sawmill dropped 5 at one time yesterday. Let your supply build up a little, like 20-25 before you start using it to distract the game from thinking you need it.

I love it that you actually spend time trying to outfox the game by telepathy! I admit when I approach the Roost or deep mine for collection, I kind of sidle up to it, humming a careless tune, la di da, and then I pounce! Usually gets me nothing, but I like to think my "I don't care, I don't need this incredibly precious resource," will somehow affect my chances. Heehee!
:)

lotuskat
07-17-13, 12:11 PM
I think the tree log doesn't drop living wood, but the old log does.

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 12:15 PM
I think the tree log doesn't drop living wood, but the old log does.
Agreed that tree log doesn't drop it and old log does. Dead tree also drops it (funny, isn't it?)

lotuskat
07-17-13, 12:15 PM
Agreed that tree log doesn't drop it and old log does. Dead tree also drops it (funny, isn't it?)

LOL, it's very ironic.

jawest78
07-17-13, 12:30 PM

I've got about 40 right now, but I need 180 in order to craft 12 Ornate Beams (level 5 Knights Hall upgrade and 2 level 4 Deep Mine upgrades). My last round of Ornate builds was a couple of weeks ago, and at this rate it will take at least another month before I can craft them all because of the Living Wood shortage. I guess my next best option to send knights on the Sweet Feast quest...

As others have suggested, I can try some old logs to see how well they produce Living Wood as well.

mymummy789
07-18-13, 12:06 AM
apart from the elusive dragon egg (sigh) I am really low on wood at the moment!! Most of my building upgrades seem to require copious amounts of architects paste. I think I need to buy a forest of dead trees!

ghjvcucjb
07-18-13, 12:16 AM
I love it that you actually spend time trying to outfox the game by telepathy! I admit when I approach the Roost or deep mine for collection, I kind of sidle up to it, humming a careless tune, la di da, and then I pounce! Usually gets me nothing, but I like to think my "I don't care, I don't need this incredibly precious resource," will somehow affect my chances. Heehee!
:)
Hey, we have to do what we have to do! Now you've got me thinking. Maybe if you could craft a chamoflaugy outfit out of V-day flowers, a pink mushroom ring garland, throw in a few spare rat tails and a log THEN sidle up to the Roost WHILE humming a careless tune...hey what could it hurt, besides your pride, but really what's more important? Pride or a stinking egg? EGGactly!

dragonflyagk
07-18-13, 01:27 PM
I don't seem to have that problem. I seem to get mermaid scale and fish drops just as often when I'm maxed out on water. I just don't like to get the message that I'm maxed out on an item when I'm collecting. Of course, mermaid scales never drop as much as I'd like them to, no matter what!

Queenzod
07-18-13, 02:13 PM
Hey, we have to do what we have to do! Now you've got me thinking. Maybe if you could craft a chamoflaugy outfit out of V-day flowers, a pink mushroom ring garland, throw in a few spare rat tails and a log THEN sidle up to the Roost WHILE humming a careless tune...hey what could it hurt, besides your pride, but really what's more important? Pride or a stinking egg? EGGactly!

Okay,so I did this. Still no manty egg and now I'm covered in bees. Got any more great ideas?

;)

ghjvcucjb
07-18-13, 06:02 PM
Okay,so I did this. Still no manty egg and now I'm covered in bees. Got any more great ideas?

;)

LMButtO!

Umm...hope for a new honey recipe in the kitchen?

vitriolicheart
07-19-13, 01:16 AM
Currently for me, it's coins. Driving me nuts because I can't do anything as I don't have enough coins.

lotuskat
07-19-13, 06:50 AM
Ack, so I've been trying to get Living Wood. I thought we could get them from Old Log and Dead Tree, but so far after 20 or so chops I haven't gotten a single one. I'm still getting sap from the Tree Log, about one every six chops. I think I'm going to switch back to planting trees...

obama_papa
07-19-13, 04:50 PM
Currently for me, it's coins. Driving me nuts because I can't do anything as I don't have enough coins.

By the time you reached lvl 25+ , you will find that coins are like dirt. I have more than a few millions useless coins now.

Oliver118
07-19-13, 10:45 PM
By the time you reached lvl 25+ , you will find that coins are like dirt. I have more than a few millions useless coins now.

By the time you build a market, you can earn quite a lot of coins, because in my kingdom my market gives me the most coins. I'm not chilled though, because I don't have enough money for expansions. I mean, I only have 11,000 coins.

fuyukimi
07-20-13, 02:05 AM

What everyone said so far! I found coins to only be a struggle in the lower levels. I'm level 24 now, and while I don't think a few hundred thousand coins are rich by any standards, if I pace my upgrades and expansions I have more than enough at my disposal. Just bear with it until you reach level 20+!

mathstagelover
07-20-13, 05:46 AM
What everyone said so far! I found coins to only be a struggle in the lower levels. I'm level 24 now, and while I don't think a few hundred thousand coins are rich by any standards, if I pace my upgrades and expansions I have more than enough at my disposal. Just bear with it until you reach level 20+!

Umm... Vitriolicheart is level 27.

arale_norimaki
07-20-13, 06:03 AM

Lol, I am not surprised. It depends on what you are doing. I reached level 30 almost 5 months ago and while I currently have a nice amount of coins, I have had my shortages since February. It depends on what you focus on the game. That said, I find that getting coins at higher levels just may take you a couple of days, but at least you have sure ways to get them with all those toyal buildings and crops :)

deadeye204
07-20-13, 07:58 AM
I wish there was a tree that gave extra sap basically equivalent of the iron rich rock formations. Between stockpiling glue glue, desert sands and building beams I burn though sap big time.

Mermaid scales are also a headache. Not as much requirement, but still difficult to get.

tiggerhobbes
07-20-13, 08:23 AM
Gems.

Ok that's facetious. Honestly though, GD used to be one, then they came up with the trove and I emptied my wallet going crazy on them. Then jewels became very very stressful a resource, so much so that I paid gems to bypass some of the jewels quests. And now they came up with the jewelry shop. So, I'd say, gems is currently my most scarce resource, seconded by patience. If those two somehow don't count, then I guess silver is pretty hard to come by too.

arale_norimaki
07-20-13, 09:50 AM
tigger, I am really glad to read you. Welcome to the forum again :) :)

I immediately thought of you when the trove was launched, I actually think of you any time my GD goes below 10 ;)

fuyukimi
07-20-13, 11:38 AM
Lol, I am not surprised. It depends on what you are doing. I reached level 30 almost 5 months ago and while I currently have a nice amount of coins, I have had my shortages since February. It depends on what you focus on the game. That said, I find that getting coins at higher levels just may take you a couple of days, but at least you have sure ways to get them with all those toyal buildings and crops :)

Yeah that's true, I guess I could burn my way down to lower than 100k if I so wished, but I like to take things at a moderate pace so that I'm not thead bare with my resources if I can help it, lol!

Level 24 and I've just started since the beginning of June. I think I'm playing too much XD

Gardienn
07-20-13, 12:02 PM
Well, now that I've been upgrading deep mines, I have to say that living wood is in high demand and there is no strong resource to pull it from.

tiggerhobbes
07-21-13, 12:07 AM
Aww thanks for thinking of me arale :D I looked back fondly on those early days when we had no way to use the fish, milk, mushrooms, and no way to get enough GD and constantly begging neighbors "please will you shelter Ivy by sending me another GD!!" Oh and everyone crying over lack of golden apple and pining for Sir Piggy!

How the game has changed now. In a way I find the game much easier to progress now, I actually have so so much GD these days I have no reason to collect my shrooms and now run low on the adventure feasts. But I'm glad I have accumulated so much coins as the game was developing because all the new building upgrades are so expensive.

JayUK69
07-21-13, 05:28 AM
Mine is gold nugget, haven't seen one in months, but have loads of gold eggs and apples.

loubeescupcakes
07-22-13, 03:06 AM
Does the flowering bush even exist anymore?? I've been trying for months to get one and can't buy one from the Market, its missing!! Why are the CS Gods working against me?!

lotuskat
07-22-13, 06:59 AM
Does the flowering bush even exist anymore?? I've been trying for months to get one and can't buy one from the Market, its missing!! Why are the CS Gods working against me?!

I have a bush that has flowers in it...same thing?

arale_norimaki
07-22-13, 09:18 AM

This is part of the V-day day edition (it looks like a Bush but has pink flowers instead). It was removed from the market in April so you can no longer buy it.

If you are trying to pass the Master Botanist goal (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?46469-Has-anyone-finished-the-master-botany-request-yet) you will have to craft it at the Love Shack, use the recipe Valentine botany. It requires 5 entwined seedlings and 10 water if I remember correctly, and it gives you a random Valentine plant. Just keep crafting until you get the Flowering bush, good luck!

Oliver118
07-22-13, 11:22 PM
Sorry, I am a bit distracted because I just saw a flash of lightning out of the corner of my eye and then heard a really loud rumble of some thunder (I'm in the middle of a storm, in other words)

Anyway, Carrots are definitely being a pain for me. But, once I harvest one more Carrot I'll be able to craft Hearty Stew, then feed it to Thurston, then voila! I can move on from Just Warming Up to The Enchanted Blade, and forging the Enchanted Blade shouldn't be too hard since I have Enchanter's Essence and plenty of Silvrer

vitriolicheart
07-23-13, 01:37 AM

Lol, yes I am. I think it's partly because I don't have many buildings. I've been concentrating on goals and upgrading what I've got.
I'm going to have to save a little and buy some more buildings so I can generate some cash.

Oliver118
07-23-13, 10:57 PM
If you don't have a lot of buildings now, it means you can make the most of buildings released in future updates, particularly Royal buildings.

Oliver118
07-25-13, 11:46 PM
Lol, yes I am. I think it's partly because I don't have many buildings. I've been concentrating on goals and upgrading what I've got.
I'm going to have to save a little and buy some more buildings so I can generate some cash.

Goals do require you to build stuff though. For example, Old Thomas prompts you to build a Tavern in the middle of the Thurston goals. Ivy prompts you to build a Potion Shop, a Hatchery and a Stable. Old Thomas prompts you to build a library and a castle. He also prompts you to build a market. Thurston prompts you to build Thurston's Fort and a Magic Forge, and Old Thomas prompts you to build a Workshop, while Ivy prompts you to build a Kitchen. Ivy and Old Thomas prompt you to build Ivy's Hut and Old Thomas's House. They also prompt you to build a Love Shack, a Spire of Love and Thurston gives you a Knight's Hall.

lotuskat
07-26-13, 11:34 AM
Ack, I only got two sugars and grits from the Royal Exchange. :(

minndom
07-26-13, 12:48 PM
Lotuskat, I got two sugars and a bread?! Have they downgraded it again?

fuyukimi
07-27-13, 02:11 AM
Lotuskat, I got two sugars and a bread?! Have they downgraded it again?

Same here, I've been noticing the drops for the milk and eggs exchange are worse these few days!

vitriolicheart
07-27-13, 03:46 PM
Goals do require you to build stuff though. For example, Old Thomas prompts you to build a Tavern in the middle of the Thurston goals. Ivy prompts you to build a Potion Shop, a Hatchery and a Stable. Old Thomas prompts you to build a library and a castle. He also prompts you to build a market. Thurston prompts you to build Thurston's Fort and a Magic Forge, and Old Thomas prompts you to build a Workshop, while Ivy prompts you to build a Kitchen. Ivy and Old Thomas prompt you to build Ivy's Hut and Old Thomas's House. They also prompt you to build a Love Shack, a Spire of Love and Thurston gives you a Knight's Hall.

Oh I have all of those. I just don't have lots of them like other people seem to have. I've read posts about people having 5 libraries and many duplicates of other buildings. The only extras I own outside of those I had to build for the goals, is a Wizard school, a couple of spires and I just got an observatory. I won't ever get the Love shack as I'm not on the Valentine's version.
I'm currently looking at the best way to boost my royal points so I can move on to Sabrina's goals.

Gardienn
07-27-13, 05:02 PM
Oh I have all of those. I just don't have lots of them like other people seem to have. I've read posts about people having 5 libraries and many duplicates of other buildings. The only extras I own outside of those I had to build for the goals, is a Wizard school, a couple of spires and I just got an observatory. I won't ever get the Love shack as I'm not on the Valentine's version.
I'm currently looking at the best way to boost my royal points so I can move on to Sabrina's goals.

It's totally a matter of gameplay style. I have only two libraries, two of each resource item (mill, mine, etc.), two towers, one of each spire, and then one of everything else including the school, except the chapel (haven't figured out where to place one yet), amphitheater, and observatory, which I'm not getting because I don't like the clunky thing.

I have over 3,000 royal points by upgrading these couple of buildings and reaching goals like the troll pit and garden (though I haven't yet collected from it to keep my medium grade trades).

Oliver118
07-28-13, 12:26 AM
Sorry to be a moderator, but could we keep on topic? This thread is about stressful resources.:)

Aurry
07-29-13, 02:44 AM
Mermaid scales for me! At least with sap and glimmer dust, you have a reliable source, once sawmills and glimmer dust troves are up and running.. But the []scales! :mad: