PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom creepiness....

journeysmom
06-05-13, 05:11 PM
O.k. A multifaceted question.

How can I tell if a kingdom is no longer tended? I look to see if after several days, that the resource buildings are not moving, and after a week or so there has been no level progression (not including level 30 of courses).

And secondly, I find it really kind of creepy when a kingdom appears dead. So far I have kept the dead kingdoms as neighbors to get rewards, but, I wish there was a way to organize neighbors according activity, ( or whatever you want).

MiniLaura
06-05-13, 08:22 PM
The main way I tell if a kingdom is abandoned is to look for new stuff after an update. For example, a few weeks after the Valentine's update, I deleted all neighbors that had no Valentines stuff anywhere.

maguar
06-06-13, 04:29 AM
Check their wall to see if they're clearing it or people have responded to something they've said. Ask them to post on your wall if they're still playing. If they don't after a week or so you can probably delete them.

SacoHarry
06-06-13, 05:45 AM
It'd be nice if weeds & vines started growing on untended kingdoms. :D I know, not likely -- tons of work for not much payoff. But I'd actually like to wander through some old crumbling ghost towns.

ghjvcucjb
06-06-13, 12:02 PM
It'd be nice if weeds & vines started growing on untended kingdoms. :D I know, not likely -- tons of work for not much payoff. But I'd actually like to wander through some old crumbling ghost towns.

This would be cool! Never would have thought of it, but would love to see vines taking over.

journeysmom
06-06-13, 12:08 PM

Very cool idea!!

sugarzen6
06-06-13, 04:01 PM

Haha I love that idea!

In addition to the things already mentioned, I also pay attention to crops. If there is never anything planted or all of the crops are fully grown and never change, I use that as a clue. Also if a monster is in the same spot that would usually be collected from (like crops) for a week or so, I assume it's abandoned. I've kept monsters 'trapped' for periods of time but there are some places most people wont leave them. Having said all of that, I'm suspicious that a good percentage of my neighbors are no longer playing and I've been too lazy to do anything about it lol.

journeysmom
06-06-13, 04:24 PM
I think there is potential in the vines overgrowing an inactive kingdom. If a kingdom if left inactive for a week, the vines start growing. If the king/queen comes back he/she has to start chopping to regain the building/garden etc. There would have to be a positive reward, say some coins for doing it, but the ultimate goal would be to regain your kingdom.

Maybe the king/queen could ask for help from neighbors.....a community typeof thing....

vchanhs
06-07-13, 04:06 AM
Actual TL can just add a last login icon somewhere.