PDA

View Full Version : What's a pumpkin hutch for?!

Cesar49
06-05-13, 01:21 AM
So today my worthless knights brought me a pumpkin hutch from the dark caves (goodness knows why it was there) but what's it for? I thought a hutch is something you keep rabbits in. I'm a keen gardener but have never grown pumpkins - are they really aggressive, or do they keep trying to escape? Or are these a vicious pumpkin/manticore hybrid conjured up by Ivy, that will snap your fingers off as soon as you mention the word "pie"?!;)

maguar
06-05-13, 02:47 AM
Lol. It would be cool if they were monster pumpkins. The hutch is just a decoration. As it only comes from adventures it's not common.

Cesar49
06-05-13, 11:03 AM
Sorry Maguar, I knew it was a decoration. What I really meant is do these things exist in real life, or are they just a figment of Team Lava's imagination?! Having never grown pumpkins, and not living in a climate which would allow me to, I can't see why they should be put in a hutch. Anyway, I prefer the thought that Ivy has been meddling in some way and that they really are aggressive, power-mad pumpkins! :)

lotuskat
06-05-13, 11:16 AM
When you Google "pumpkin hutch," this post comes up on top, lol. ;)

hmgdanielson
06-05-13, 01:34 PM
I know that pumpkins are a type of winter squash and if kept in a dry, cool (but not cold!) place, they last for months. A lot of old houses where I live have special rooms in the basement for storing food like that. I know that in some places, small buildings that weren't connected to the main house were built for the same purpose.

Really, a "hutch" is just a place to store stuff. I've had hutches for my bunnies, but the cabinet you store your nice dishes in is also called a hutch.

:)

HNO3
06-05-13, 07:41 PM
I pulled mine out of storage and took a closer look - it looks a rabbit hutch with a fence and gate around it (and pumpkins. It appears to be designed to corral the (possibly vicious?) pumpkins, or something that EATS pumpkins, rather than as a pumpkin storage locker. Maybe it's where you stick the manticore at night to keep him from eating your sheep ;)

bowlfullofcherries
06-05-13, 08:17 PM
Or, if you post your manticore right by, it serves as a kind of sheep dog protecting your... pumpkins? :D

ghjvcucjb
06-05-13, 09:13 PM
I pulled mine out of storage and took a closer look - it looks a rabbit hutch with a fence and gate around it (and pumpkins. It appears to be designed to corral the (possibly vicious?) pumpkins, or something that EATS pumpkins, rather than as a pumpkin storage locker. Maybe it's where you stick the manticore at night to keep him from eating your sheep ;)

I need one of these as I think my manticore is eating alicorns and just dropping wing parts randomly around my kingdom.

maguar
06-06-13, 04:17 AM
Sorry Maguar, I knew it was a decoration. What I really meant is do these things exist in real life, or are they just a figment of Team Lava's imagination?! Having never grown pumpkins, and not living in a climate which would allow me to, I can't see why they should be put in a hutch. Anyway, I prefer the thought that Ivy has been meddling in some way and that they really are aggressive, power-mad pumpkins! :)

Ah sorry missed your point

Jetzin
06-11-15, 06:52 PM
I just googled pumpkin hutch because my knights found me one too and I also wanted to know what one was. This post came out top. It seems that no one knows what a pumpkin hutch is!

SpiritWind00
06-11-15, 07:05 PM
I just googled pumpkin hutch because my knights found me one too and I also wanted to know what one was. This post came out top. It seems that no one knows what a pumpkin hutch is!

Given that this thread is 2 years old - we do know what it is now.... :) it's just decoration that is received as a drop from going on a particular adventure through the Castle/Keep. Good to see a search engine directed you here - you'll find everything you want to know about Castle Story (and other teamlava games) here.

Dabag
06-11-15, 07:50 PM
just an FYI:
we all called it a pumpkin patch when it first came out
but when it hit our inventory it was called a pumpkin hutch
meme1098 had it right when she called it a pumpkin patch
- TL never changed the name , and it still stands as a pumpkin hutch