PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2: Questions/Answers

lucky8canuck
06-03-13, 06:00 AM
Lots of people keep asking me and others this, so posting it here in hopes that it will help someone. (Also x-posted to Farm Story 2 group page) Please excuse the mess on my farm :o

To access your wall and profile, when viewing your farm:

Click on the XP/level bar at the top left corner of your screen:

http://i.imgur.com/EJ77rfX.jpg

This will open up your profile screen...

http://i.imgur.com/pzjf2qE.jpg

...as well as have a tab to access your wall.

http://i.imgur.com/MZIBSqS.jpg

emmythompson
06-08-13, 10:40 PM
I have items that aren't selling so my storage is full.. How do I get rid of items up for sale so I can add new ones or change the price??

Baraze
06-08-13, 11:25 PM
I have items that aren't selling so my storage is full.. How do I get rid of items up for sale so I can add new ones or change the price??

As far as I know you can't remove items for sale or add/remove the price or quantity. Which is the pits, because I have flax thats been sitting there for ages and I'm trying to make money to buy my windmill!

jtm101
06-09-13, 07:41 AM
You have to be really careful to not sell at too high a price...

I'd like a 24hr timeout for items, not that i have trouble selling my stuff ;-)

Baraze
06-09-13, 05:41 PM
You have to be really careful to not sell at too high a price...

I'd like a 24hr timeout for items, not that i have trouble selling my stuff ;-)

Im coin poor so I always sell at the most jacked up high prices possible! I do appreciate the folks though, who sell vey cheap. I just bought two shovels for 24 coins....they keep me afloat.

jtm101
06-10-13, 02:52 PM
Its better to sell at a decent price so you get some turnover. I sell out my store multiple times a day.

Azriemw3
06-10-13, 03:05 PM
How do you get farm story2

amars1
06-10-13, 11:53 PM
Thank you sooooooo much! I have been playing for days and could not figure this one out!:D

emmythompson
06-11-13, 07:57 AM
Its better to sell at a decent price so you get some turnover. I sell out my store multiple times a day.

Yes you do, I often buy stuff at your market!

cast1532
06-11-13, 10:53 AM
It's only available in the Australian App Store.

lucky8canuck
06-11-13, 01:49 PM

It's also available in the Canadian app store, eh!

jtm101
06-11-13, 10:58 PM
Cool, thx.

I could do some more buyers now, my barn is bursting at the seems and i am struggling today.

littleonesmum
06-12-13, 04:48 AM

Me too, I tend to undercut the market where possible and my register nearly always jumps off the table within minutes!

cherryberry9
06-24-13, 10:03 PM
This looks like the only area to ask this:

When will the game be android?

Apologies if this was already answered, I didn't know.

dogs456
06-25-13, 08:41 AM
When will farm story 2 be avaible in the US????? What do you get to do on this game? Does stuff cost gems? Like stuff that is fun but really shouldn't? Does alot cost gems?? I really can't wait. Can someone show me pictures a lot and tell me about it? What it's like? Please and when will it be out??

jtm101
06-25-13, 04:34 PM
I confess i havent spent many gems in the game yet, and all earnt ones. I'm on lvl 26/30 after almost a month of solid daily play. The ga,e is just so addictive that i never have the time to play all my other TL games that i played for more than 2 years (which are also max or near max level)

There doesnt really seem to be much to spend gems on, unless you are impatient and want to speed things along or not wit for upgrade and expansion parts.

As for when it'll be available, everyone asks but no one will tell yet. Be patient.

jtm101
06-25-13, 04:39 PM
You get to tend animals (get milk, eggs, bacon, wool), grow and harvest crops, make things from both of these in crafting machines. Then you either sell any of those products to other players or send them off on deliveries for coins/xp. Plus after lvl 19 you get to fish from a pond for coins/parts/fish.

The best part of the game is the store and newspaper, where you can make alot of money by buying and selling products, even if you dont make them yourself. I know what are good prices for everything, so i hunt down bargains, then try to sell at a fair price back. You can also help out friends with things they cant make or find, and sell it to them.

The game really is hard to put down, and i'm sure there will be a 'Farm Story 2 Addicts' thread soon, if i dont start it myself ;-)

06-25-13, 09:02 PM
You get to tend animals (get milk, eggs, bacon, wool), grow and harvest crops, make things from both of these in crafting machines. Then you either sell any of those products to other players or send them off on deliveries for coins/xp. Plus after lvl 19 you get to fish from a pond for coins/parts/fish.

The best part of the game is the store and newspaper, where you can make alot of money by buying and selling products, even if you dont make them yourself. I know what are good prices for everything, so i hunt down bargains, then try to sell at a fair price back. You can also help out friends with things they cant make or find, and sell it to them.

The game really is hard to put down, and i'm sure there will be a 'Farm Story 2 Addicts' thread soon, if i dont start it myself ;-)

I'll be the second person posting on the addict thread! I too admit that I check into dragon, fashion, bakery, restaurant...well the games I play, after i log into the game. I rush to the stand to see if there are goodies to buy or resell. With the new update its even more incentive to play to earn as much as I can.

I want to get to that train station! And to think I sold off all of my expansion papers to make quick money for the pizza oven. It bettee contribute to the money I hope to make, by time I can purchase the Lemonade stand.

Ill just be content with stalking the neighbor who has both things, to find out what they are both like.

They can have a huge contender with this game and hope they keep adding features, by time the mass release comes.

I love that we can earn gems and though It says we can get more animals as we level up, the indicator doesn't show any such thing. We maybe need an option to ask for maps perhaps. Even if its just three per day. Otherwise the tedious task of earning them yourself is a bit much.

Keep it coming!

jtm101
06-25-13, 09:28 PM
I'm wondering why i cant add the extra animal pens too. Is level 27 not high enough?

I expanded towards the station before the update, and have the train ready to go now. It just needs a whole stack of supplies that i have to try to not sell off like i normally do.... Hope its good :D

06-25-13, 09:48 PM
I'm wondering why i cant add the extra animal pens too. Is level 27 not high enough?

I expanded towards the station before the update, and have the train ready to go now. It just needs a whole stack of supplies that i have to try to not sell off like i normally do.... Hope its good :D

Can you share what they are please?! Is it like a regular delivery, where you need an outrageous bunch of things? Does it just give gems or the money and xp too?

crisofer
06-26-13, 11:31 AM
Can you share what they are please?! Is it like a regular delivery, where you need an outrageous bunch of things? Does it just give gems or the money and xp too?

It is even more outrageous. I believe it's different every time. Right now, the one I have asks for 30 tomatoes, 9 of the fried fish with lemon, 30+ carrots, 13 of the whipped cream things, and a few other things i can't see yet because i completed them. I believe they were something like ~12 apple pies, ~10-15 baked potatoes, ~8 meat hooks, about ~30 potatoes, and something else... possibly corn or potatoes or something.

Reward is 5 gems, 160 xp, and 260 gold. Once delivered, it takes 12 hours before you can get the next delivery.

You have a time limit to get all of the items loaded onto the train which, for me, was over a day (I can't remember). You cannot 'discard' the requirements for new requirements like you can with the deliveries. Once any of the items you get are loaded, you cannot get them back.

lucky8canuck
06-26-13, 12:29 PM

There are 10 different items that you have to load up on the train before it can go out for delivery. There is a timer on the train (I think 22-24 hours) that shows how long you have to complete the order. Obviously I don't know what happens if you don't have all the items. Does the train leave with what you've already loaded even if total order not complete?

There are three levels (Standard--up to 5 gems--and two others whose names I don't remember as the option to select them wasn't available yet). I'm presuming the other two levels become available once you have completed a certain number of standard orders, and will no doubt be more difficult to complete.

You earn gems, XP, and coins when the train leaves the station fully loaded.

You also earn XP, coins, and sometimes tools once each of the 10 items are loaded on to the train.

TIP: For those that have the train already...I didn't realize this the first time I loaded the train, but you can actually begin loading (and thus releasing them from your barn/silo) the items on the train once you have the required quantity for a particular item.

For example, if the train order requires 30 corn and other items, if you have all the corn already (the number below the item will turn from red to black), click on the item, and select load. This will remove it from your storage and put it on the train. This will give you more space in your barn or silo for collecting the other required items.

Note, though, if you do NOT have the required quantity for the particular item, you will only be able to load it onto the train using gems. As I haven't done this, I don't know if this allows you to bypass collecting the missing items, or only to load up what you have already.

Best strategy would be to try and gather and load the items that you have the most of first or that are easiest to make to free up space in storage, while crafting and buying the other items.

For me, currently, when train leaves the station, it doesn't come back for 12 hours. May differ at the other levels.

Sorry no screenshots as my train is out for delivery. Will try to remember tomorrow.

lucky8canuck
06-26-13, 12:40 PM

I don't know what level the extra animal pens--as well as the extra windmill, feed mill, lemon tree and juicer) are supposed to be available, as I'm already at level 30. However, when I first updated the game, I had looked for the extra animal pens, and they were not available to me, even though I remember that being mentioned in the update's "What's New" description.

However, I noticed today that one of my neighbours had two windmills, so I double checked my Market, and suddenly the extra animal pens, windmill, and feed mill were there!

So, it might be worth checking your Market again just in case, to see if the number of cows and pigs allowed has increased. If it is not there still, then, maybe they do open up at higher levels. I do know that, at level 24, the game said I was supposed to get an extra cow pasture and 4 cows, but ended up submitting a bug report because I didn't get them, so it's possible that at least those should be available to you.

06-26-13, 01:14 PM
I also just saw a level 8 player who had their newstand to the left of the screen, where the barn originally is when you first start. Didnt snap a pic before I left to see if I could also move mine. I couldn't. When I tried to return to their farm I couldn't find them in the community.

LalaSmooth
06-26-13, 02:34 PM
That sucks I wanted to play this game

06-26-13, 03:14 PM
That sucks I wanted to play this game

Open a Canada or Australia iTunes account, you will be able to download the game. Very easy!

jtm101
06-26-13, 05:34 PM
Thx, i noticed the extra windmill, pens and mills later in the day too. I am overloaded with milk and eggs now.

My big issue with this update is the side store, which i find now is almost unusable. It keeps failing to reach others store, and just gives me a wheel. I miss my side store, i used to buy hundreds of items in it daily, now i can barely buy a dozen from multiple attempts.

chels1603
06-28-13, 04:44 AM
Help, all my deliveries require this one type of fish, I get the anchovies and the catfish but not the..... Green one with smiley face. I fish all day and don't catch one. Without this. Catch I can't see how I can continue. Please help me with a solution.

jtm101
06-28-13, 06:49 AM
Try the amchovy hook on hotspots

minidemon88
06-29-13, 02:05 AM
Wee! Just started playing this game few days back. I got a question, how to earn coins fast? Any advice? I can't even afford to buy the deep fryer and the next goal require me to buy the chocolate machine. =.="

It's so hilarious looking at the animals after you harvested them. They just fall flat onto the ground and looks dead. LOL! The silo is equally funny too. When you reached the maximum capacity, there's a red flag on the roof. XD Not sure about the barn, since I haven't burst it yet. Haha.. =x

06-29-13, 08:28 AM
Wee! Just started playing this game few days back. I got a question, how to earn coins fast? Any advice? I can't even afford to buy the deep fryer and the next goal require me to buy the chocolate machine. =.="

It's so hilarious looking at the animals after you harvested them. They just fall flat onto the ground and looks dead. LOL! The silo is equally funny too. When you reached the maximum capacity, there's a red flag on the roof. XD Not sure about the barn, since I haven't burst it yet. Haha.. =x

Produce what you can, with the things you do have. Sell it at the maximum price allowed. Also, go on as many deliveries as possible. Buy/sell, produce/deliver. You will have money in no time.

minidemon88
06-29-13, 10:58 AM
Produce what you can, with the things you do have. Sell it at the maximum price allowed. Also, go on as many deliveries as possible. Buy/sell, produce/deliver. You will have money in no time.

I guess I know where I did wronged! Caused I sold all my items at half the price instead. Though I managed to save up for the deep fryer. Now saving for the chocolate machine. Thanks for the advices! :)

jtm101
06-29-13, 05:38 PM
Selling at max can be a risky practice that may be detrimental. I would be careful about trying that. What you need to do to make some real money is to get alot of nbrs and become socially active, then you can raise your prices. Having lots of slots in your store with a variety of products is good too, dont fill it with all the same stuff at same price and quantities. If you did want to try high prices, only do maps, deeds, permits and rare parts like nails, paint, shovels and to lesser extent bricks, hammers, screws, wood, picks or saws. Otherwise you can sell at near max (90%) if you have hundreds of nbrs, then those who do sell at actual max may still buy from you.

jtm101
06-29-13, 05:41 PM
One other thing, remember you dont just have to sell what you make. You should be going shopping for bargains, then re-sell those in your store. Especially for high demand items like those i listed above, and those onnhigher end crafting machines once they are unlocked for you.

mellymoo2000
07-01-13, 01:28 AM
THE TRAIN

A few people have been posting questions on my wall - so here's what I know about the train ...

The orders are large - about 12 different items with up to 14 quantities of each.
You earn a small amount of coins for each 'sack' you fill (eg 10 pizzas) and a few XP.
When you complete the order you get 5 gems and a few more XP .
The train then leaves the station and won't return for hours - 8 hours i think.
You can discard the order - it will ask if you want to send the train without the order. The train will leave and won't return for another 8 hours.
You get 2 days to fill the order.

jtm101
07-01-13, 07:20 AM
I have a silly question i thought i might put out there.

Has anyone noticed if discarded orders come back later in the game? Anyone written them down to see if they return exactly the same?

jtm101
07-01-13, 05:35 PM
Just adding to the train info.

You get 36hrs to fill the train with as much as you can. If you dont manage to fill it all, the train will still leave with whatever you put in it and you will get the reduced rewards, ie whatever you were up to when time runs out.

You also get a chance at a part (maps or building parts) for each of the things you load onto the train (much like regular deliveries).

The food orders usually need between 8-14 of each item and crops are often neaerr the range of 20-30.

minidemon88
07-02-13, 12:54 AM
I'm curious about the gifting system in fs 2. Do we only get to receive coins for the gift? And is 20 the maximum gifts we can receive per day? TIA! :)

maguar
07-02-13, 02:39 AM
We can only send 3 mystery boxes a day.when I've received them I've gotten coins, wheat, cow feed, clipboard

jtm101
07-02-13, 05:55 AM
We could have a whole thread on gifting. I've been playing a month and i'm still not 100% sure on how gifting works, but this is what i know. Hopefullymmost of this is accurate.

You can send 3 mystery gifts per day, which are either Coins (15-40?), Milk, Wheat, Cow Feed, Screw, Nail, Paint, Brick, Land Deed, Old Map, Permit. Perhaps the other building parts, not sure.

You can accept up to 20 gifts a day. As new gifts come in the oldest may drop off, so be sure to accept ones you want.

The randomness of the mystery gift isnt so random, as you tend to get the same gifts from particular neighbours. Ie most of my nbrs send me coins, but i know particular nbrs that send me paint, nails or other goodies daily. So i make sure i look after them, as paint is as good as gold in this game.

minidemon88
07-02-13, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the information maguar and jtm101! :D Sadly, I've only received 2 gifts till now and all I got was coins. It's a pity we can't choose what to send as a gift. Otherwise, that will be so great. XD

And I really love the quick invite function in-game. I don't have to manually key in the player's id, in order to invite them. Nice!

mamareader02
07-02-13, 10:54 AM
Is American ITunes EVER gonna have this game available?!

Oliver118
07-02-13, 09:13 PM

(Plz, plz, plz make this game available in the UK App Store soon-it sounds awesome!):D

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 03:21 AM
I am stuck. My silo is full and I cannot expand. So I cannot harvest any crop either. Looks like end of the game !

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 03:23 AM
I have a lot of potatoes and tomatoes in the Silo which shows 75/75. I can't get rid of these. I want to either use them or sell them.

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 03:34 AM
Looks like since I cannot expand and get rid of the potatoes, I will slowly have to try and make space in the Silo by getting rid of some items.

maguar
07-03-13, 04:11 AM
Summercarefree there are a few things you can do.

1. Sell the items in your store for really low prices so they'll go quickly
2. If you have a deep fryer start making French fries
3. If you're at the right level start making quiches to use the tomatoes
4. Discard orders in the deliveries building to get new orders in the hope they'll need tomatoes and potatoes

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 12:08 PM
Thnx. But I cannot afford a Deep Fryer, n I cannot sell the potatoes n tomatoes yet. Maybe my Lvl 9 is too low. Will have to slowly raise money to buy a fryer.
Currently I can't harvest any crops, so I have to buy food items from others to feed the cows.
Unless I can buy items to expand the Silo capacity. Need a few more tools.

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 01:15 PM
Okay used diamonds to buy missing items to push out some potatoes. The system should allow me to sell my potatoes in the market but it's not working yet.

glimmergate
07-03-13, 02:32 PM
Hey Sumercarefree, can you describe what's blocking you from selling your potatoes in the market? As long as you have space in your Shop to sell items, you should be able to sell the potatoes at any time!

Sumercarefree
07-03-13, 08:30 PM
Hey Sumercarefree, can you describe what's blocking you from selling your potatoes in the market? As long as you have space in your Shop to sell items, you should be able to sell the potatoes at any time!

I think I do not know how to go about it. most people display the tomatoes and potatoes in the "Newspaper" sale.

The potatoes are in the Silo, capacity now is 60/75, but I cannot display it in "Your Shop". Here I can only display cheese, milk etc.

jtm101
07-03-13, 10:38 PM
When you are in the shop you should be able to select either the barn or silo to sell from (check for the 2 icons on the right)
By default the barn is selected, so go ahead and select the silo below the barn and choose your potaoes from there.

Sumercarefree
07-04-13, 01:21 AM
When you are in the shop you should be able to select either the barn or silo to sell from (check for the 2 icons on the right)
By default the barn is selected, so go ahead and select the silo below the barn and choose your potaoes from there.

Thnx. yep that makes sense. will try it.

Sumercarefree
07-05-13, 11:05 PM
Yep I'm doing good now. Upgraded the Silo n warehouse too, so no worries.

thatgirl444
07-07-13, 06:13 PM
I just got the game today and my shop or any other neighbors shop isn't loading....I can't access anything that is for sale....has anyone else had the same issue?

Sumercarefree
07-07-13, 08:44 PM
I just got the game today and my shop or any other neighbors shop isn't loading....I can't access anything that is for sale....has anyone else had the same issue?

You cannot trade until you expand into the Blue and yellow sheds at the bottom right corner .

Sumercarefree
07-07-13, 08:50 PM
Sorry the Bottom left corner

pinkster73
07-22-13, 10:56 PM
Farm story 2 for android? Anyone? Bueller?

GhettoRanch
07-27-13, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know if there are certain things to collect or certain deliveries to do in order to earn land permits or land deeds , maps , shovels , paint , etc ???

GhettoRanch
07-27-13, 10:49 PM
Can anyone plz tell me what the forge, deli and jewler machine produce ? I would like to know what's best to save up and buy first ? I would really appreciate the reply :) thanks , also anyone can add me I love doing trades and helping out others, my ID is GhettoRanch

07-27-13, 11:43 PM
Can anyone plz tell me what the forge, deli and jewler machine produce ? I would like to know what's best to save up and buy first ? I would really appreciate the reply :) thanks , also anyone can add me I love doing trades and helping out others, my ID is GhettoRanch

I don't know what the deli makes yet. But the jeweler makes earrings and a ring that I've seen so far. I've been having them popup as requirements for my deliveries. Which is a pest, because I'm two expansions away from reaching the mine. Tried to sell ten green maps to myself and someone snatched them up before I could! I cry...

The mine give you different elements, which is then used the forge to make nails, screws, hammers, etc. I find getting the yellow and green maps come far easier than the ones with the red watermark. I've gotten more pain from fishing and the butterflies than anything else. We seriously need more ways to obtain certain things. Shovels are so cheap to purchase or sell, but are the most rare item to stumble across. I've no idea.

thatgirl444
07-28-13, 09:46 AM
I have not been able to expand for weeks now...I have no idea how to get the red maps...Im getting tons of the other two and Im at A BIG ZERO with the red maps. Im starting to get really bored since I can not progress. How do you guys get them????
Also...Baraze...you said you tried to sell maps to yourself....????? what da? am i missing some part of the game play??

07-28-13, 10:02 AM
I have not been able to expand for weeks now...I have no idea how to get the red maps...Im getting tons of the other two and Im at A BIG ZERO with the red maps. Im starting to get really bored since I can not progress. How do you guys get them????
Also...Baraze...you said you tried to sell maps to yourself....????? what da? am i missing some part of the game play??

I have two accounts. One I play often and the other I try to use for deliveries, so get maps and tools. Some times Im able to find goodies on lower level accounts. They don't yet care about expanding and sell the maps. Or someone higher up, trying to make money. Last week I sold 20 each of the green and yellow maps. Now I need them again!

I don't see why we can't be allowed to ask for up to 3 maps per day. Otherwise, like yourself, this game drags on and on to me.

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 10:30 PM
Yes lower level players sell off the expansion papers for cash. Used to do the same too.
I had a second account to help, but now I gave only 1. U am busy with the Dragon Game Fights.
Farm Story 2, is in early stages. It will keep improving n get better.

bigrollcake
09-07-13, 06:29 AM
How do I tend eggs from the chicken pen, I cannot feed them although i have made food and i get no eggs

minidemon88
09-07-13, 11:10 AM
How do I tend eggs from the chicken pen, I cannot feed them although i have made food and i get no eggs

Ensure you have enough space in your barn before collecting the eggs from the chicken.

youbugme
09-08-13, 02:31 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have two chickens, not enough $$ to buy more. I cannot make corn bread without eggs, so I cannot make deliveries. So I cannot earn money. There doesn't seem to be any way to move forward in the game.
What am I doing wrong?

bigrollcake
09-08-13, 11:10 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have two chickens, not enough $$ to buy more. I cannot make corn bread without eggs, so I cannot make deliveries. So I cannot earn money. There doesn't seem to be any way to move forward in the game.
What am I doing wrong?

To tend the eggs, u have to touch the shed in the chicken pen,then a bucket appears mad u drag the bucket to the chicken pen. This should work

chelli35
09-08-13, 01:58 PM
Why am I unable to get farm story 2 I'm apple iPod and in uk heeeelp i soo want it all my farm story neighbours are talking about it

rosewaterlily
09-08-13, 07:35 PM
What are neighbors for in this game? Can you request things from them? I haven't added any yet because I don't know if they are useful. Also is there a way to get more old maps besides deliveries? I have plenty of the other permits for expanding but only one old map.

bowlfullofcherries
09-08-13, 10:28 PM
When I got stuck without being able to create feed or sell in the warehouse I sold my excess in the side shop. If the items didn't sell, I'd discard them. My barn and silo stay open. So much better to discard ten potatoes or two cheese or six chicken feed instead of losing out on the return items the airplane brings. Just make sure you're emptying the building you need space in. No good getting rid of excess corn when you need space in your barn.

What exactly happens when you 'promote' an item in the side shop?

zeldaj
09-09-13, 02:38 PM
they are the same orders

pipipooh1977
09-09-13, 04:17 PM
What do you get from the piles of junk? Is it really worth me making my way to them by expansions?

09-09-13, 04:22 PM
When I got stuck without being able to create feed or sell in the warehouse I sold my excess in the side shop. If the items didn't sell, I'd discard them. My barn and silo stay open. So much better to discard ten potatoes or two cheese or six chicken feed instead of losing out on the return items the airplane brings. Just make sure you're emptying the building you need space in. No good getting rid of excess corn when you need space in your barn.

What exactly happens when you 'promote' an item in the side shop?

I think they show more prominently in others shops and remain there, unlike it refreshing every 30 minutes.

09-09-13, 04:23 PM
What do you get from the piles of junk? Is it really worth me making my way to them by expansions?

You get the space there that will be needed eventually and some extra tools.

09-09-13, 04:25 PM
What are neighbors for in this game? Can you request things from them? I haven't added any yet because I don't know if they are useful. Also is there a way to get more old maps besides deliveries? I have plenty of the other permits for expanding but only one old map.

Neighbors are good because you can view all they have for sale in one place. As opposed to just waiting to see what comes to the news stand. You can also get three gifts per day that varies on occasion. And yes you can only get the maps yourself by doing deliveries.

bowlfullofcherries
09-10-13, 12:49 AM
I think they show more prominently in others shops and remain there, unlike it refreshing every 30 minutes.

Thanks. I thought it was something like this.

greenie227
09-11-13, 11:34 PM
Here's a question - how do you get more of an item like wheat, if you run out of any to plant, and can't find it to trade with other farmers? Is there any other way? My cows are laying on their sides without feed, which I also can't find - none of my neighbors are offering wheat or cow food for trade. Thanks!

Mylly2
09-11-13, 11:57 PM
If you run out of something and the newspaper and neighbours don't have any, you can head to the community via your social button. It can be time consuming, but someone usually has something you need.
Sometimes putting the word out on a neighbours wall helps, someone might read it and mention they have what you need.
Also, try some of the higher players' shops, they have more slots and can sell a wider range of products.

rosewaterlily
09-12-13, 01:32 AM
What's the most important thing to upgrade using paint/nails/screw, etc.? I have barn at 110 capacity and 90 for the silo, and those are sufficient for now. Should I upgrade the kitchen or one of the specialty machines next?

GottaHaveSweets
09-12-13, 03:35 AM
Where is the best place to find screws. I want to upgrade, but can't find them.

minidemon88
09-12-13, 10:30 AM
What's the most important thing to upgrade using paint/nails/screw, etc.? I have barn at 110 capacity and 90 for the silo, and those are sufficient for now. Should I upgrade the kitchen or one of the specialty machines next?

I only use the parts for upgrading of my barn/silo. Make a mistake previously and I used them for adding another slot in my kitchen machine. =.=" Regretted when I know these parts are so hard to come by. :( I don't even use them for adding another slot in my side shop. Find it kinda wasted. Though I'm envy those people with multiple slots in their shop.

marip3
09-14-13, 12:42 AM
How do I put an item in the storage?

minidemon88
09-14-13, 04:13 AM
How do I put an item in the storage?

Do you mean cellar? If so, you can only store some items inside it. You can't store machine in it.

princessaislynn29
09-15-13, 09:21 PM
how do i remove the 'Piles of Junk'? it looks like they contain shovels, picks and saws which i desperately need to clear all the rocks, trees and bushes....i have only earned 1 pick, a couple shovels and one saw. No other tools and i am very frustrated. i get to send out alot in the plane, but it only comes back with coins and very rarely a piece of deed or expansion. so, i guess what i need to know is how to get these tools other than deliveries, and how do i clear...get the piles of junk? shovel? pic? i just dont understand. it does not say. just supposed to clear and stare at the tools I deperately need??????? Thank you

kooky panda
09-16-13, 05:47 AM
how do i remove the 'Piles of Junk'? it looks like they contain shovels, picks and saws which i desperately need to clear all the rocks, trees and bushes....i have only earned 1 pick, a couple shovels and one saw. No other tools and i am very frustrated. i get to send out alot in the plane, but it only comes back with coins and very rarely a piece of deed or expansion. so, i guess what i need to know is how to get these tools other than deliveries, and how do i clear...get the piles of junk? shovel? pic? i just dont understand. it does not say. just supposed to clear and stare at the tools I deperately need??????? Thank you
You will need to expand to the junk pile. Then I think you need a shovel to clear it.

bsturg2005
09-23-13, 03:39 AM
I just updated Farm Story 2 yesterday and one of the new goals is to collect butterflies. I caught two but now every time I tap on them they disappear and just give coins. How do I catch them?

jooli1
09-23-13, 10:11 AM
I am having this same problem. I cannot sell my crops in the market, only items in my barn. I see others selling crops. What do i need to do? I am using a first generation ipad. Thx.

jooli1
09-23-13, 10:16 AM
If you run out of something and the newspaper and neighbours don't have any, you can head to the community via your social button. It can be time consuming, but someone usually has something you need.
Sometimes putting the word out on a neighbours wall helps, someone might read it and mention they have what you need.
Also, try some of the higher players' shops, they have more slots and can sell a wider range of products.

I am unable to sell my crops in the side market. I see others can, but i can noy sell what is in my barn. Is there a certain level you must reach in order to sell crops?

ghjvcucjb
09-23-13, 10:18 AM
I just updated Farm Story 2 yesterday and one of the new goals is to collect butterflies. I caught two but now every time I tap on them they disappear and just give coins. How do I catch them?
Just tap on the butterflies as usual. Occasionally another larger flat looking one will appear then it will show up in your butterfly collection located in the ladybug machine you have to buy for 500 coins. If you are only getting puffs of smoke then after 8-12 times a black butterfly will appear.

I am having this same problem. I cannot sell my crops in the market, only items in my barn. I see others selling crops. What do i need to do? I am using a first generation ipad. Thx.

When you go to sell in your shop you have to choose either the barn or the silo. The silo is where your crops are located.

jooli1
09-23-13, 10:30 AM
Just tap on the butterflies as usual. Occasionally another larger flat looking one will appear then it will show up in your butterfly collection located in the ladybug machine you have to buy for 500 coins. If you are only getting puffs of smoke then after 8-12 times a black butterfly will appear.

When you go to sell in your shop you have to choose either the barn or the silo. The silo is where your crops are located.

I cannot find any option anywhere to make such a choice.

jooli1
09-23-13, 10:33 AM
Regarding choosing whether to sell products from the barn or the silo, i cannot find such an option anywhere. Where do you get to make that chooce?

jooli1
09-23-13, 10:49 AM
Found this answer to my question re selling crops but, i have no icons when i go to the shop. I am using a first generation ipad. Could that be the problem?

kooky panda
09-23-13, 11:02 AM
Found this answer to my question re selling crops but, i have no icons when i go to the shop. I am using a first generation ipad. Could that be the problem?
This was an issue for IPad 1 users, but I think there was a fix in the most current version update.
check under setting - help on your game. Your version number at the bottom of the screen should be 2.1.4

If you do not have this version number check the app store for an update to the game.

saren47
10-06-13, 11:27 AM
Where do you get the green flowers? I am getting a lot of orders for this item but no place to create it. I am level 25.

Azriemw3
10-09-13, 12:17 AM
When this game will release for android

haloglo
10-10-13, 09:07 AM
Hi all,

What level is mine and herb garden available?

Thanks

haloglo
10-10-13, 09:26 AM
Does everyone's newspaper refresh at the same rate?
Mine refreshes every 5m (iPhone) yet my other account (a different ) refreshes every 30m?

sanya87
10-10-13, 10:29 AM
On my iPhone they refresh every 15 min and on iPad every 30 min, dont know why.

mymummy789
10-10-13, 12:07 PM
my ipod changed from 30 minutes to 5 minutes the other day. I can't decide whether I like it or not - sometimes seems a bit too fast!! I've missed a couple of expansion things because they have popped up in the newspaper just as it refreshes :(

haloglo
10-10-13, 09:44 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the replies

Still wondering if there is a level requirement for the mine or herb garden?
Will help me decide where to expand next! Thanks

sanya87
10-11-13, 02:58 PM
my phone changed back to every 30 min, is it some kind of glitch or what? i was thinking they changed it for everybody too be the same are more often but now i am confused. can one of the moderators check whats going on with that?

judyvines
10-11-13, 03:05 PM
my phone changed back to every 30 min, is it some kind of glitch or what? i was thinking they changed it for everybody too be the same are more often but now i am confused. can one of the moderators check whats going on with that?

I'm having the same issue. Earlier today, my newspaper refreshed every 5 minutes. Now it has reverted back to every 30 minutes. I am playing on an iPad and am at level 28. The game was a lot more fun with the 5 minute interval!

kooky panda
10-11-13, 05:55 PM

I'm having the same issue. Earlier today, my newspaper refreshed every 5 minutes. Now it has reverted back to every 30 minutes. I am playing on an iPad and am at level 28. The game was a lot more fun with the 5 minute interval!

I am checking on this change.

See current thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59767-Newspaper-back-to-old-time&p=757077&viewfull=1#post757077)

bowlfullofcherries
10-11-13, 06:39 PM
I've had the mine for a few levels now but at level 26 got the goals for it. Incidentally, my train wants NINE GOLD NUGGETS. I'm not buying nine nuggets. between the newspaper and the mine I might see two in a week. Is there a reasonable solution to this?

haloglo
10-12-13, 09:02 AM
Possibly have neighbors help with train requests? For something nice in exchange?

haloglo
10-12-13, 09:04 AM
My newspaper isn't refreshing every 5 anymore. It's every 30m!

Please. Please. Change it back?

bowlfullofcherries
10-12-13, 04:40 PM
Where do I post to look for sellers? I need 9 gold nuggets. Paying coins seems to be my best option, but where can I posted Wanted items? New thread?

Rockinkitten
10-14-13, 01:24 AM
Is there a list of crop growing times anywhere?

MilliVanilliXXX
11-18-13, 07:32 AM
Got a question! Besides deliveries, what other ways is there to obtain pick axes, shovels, nails, screws, boards, paint, saws, etc? Please help ASAP! Thanks!

- MilliVanilliXXX

finnth12
11-18-13, 07:45 AM
I've been getting regular customer that always buy my stuff, how do I know who is buying or which nbr is it? I just want to buy back at her/his market.

finnth12
11-21-13, 01:43 PM
I've been getting regular customer that always buy my stuff, how do I know who is buying or which nbr is it? I just want to buy back at her/his market.

This thread for questions and answers, why I don't see answer here?

mamareader02
11-21-13, 01:52 PM
This thread for questions and answers, why I don't see answer here?

There's no way to tell,unless they're a Facebook friend and are logged in.

pa_thomp
11-21-13, 07:11 PM
How do you get the gems for completing the Loop challenge? I messaged someone like it asked.

finnth12
11-22-13, 01:18 PM
There's no way to tell,unless they're a Facebook friend and are logged in.

Oh okay, thank you;)

finnth12
11-24-13, 07:55 AM
Why do people keep buying BASS even with higher price?? Is it gonna be use for cooking??

kooky panda
11-24-13, 09:56 AM
Why do people keep buying BASS even with higher price?? Is it gonna be use for cooking??

I get bass on a lot of train orders. I try to collect myself but I am only missing a few to be able to finish my train and get 5 gems instead of 2, I will buy them from the market.

creolepraline
11-24-13, 10:09 AM
I purchased a gem package but haven't gotten the coins, gems or gazebo yet. When I try to click on it again I'm told I've purchased it already but it hadn't downloaded. I'm also being asked to sign in to iTunes every time I try to send a delivery. Is anyone else having or have had this problem? I have two days or so before the sale ends.

kooky panda
11-24-13, 10:12 AM
I purchased a gem package but haven't gotten the coins, gems or gazebo yet. When I try to click on it again I'm told I've purchased it already but it hadn't downloaded. I'm also being asked to sign in to iTunes every time I try to send a delivery. Is anyone else having or have had this problem? I have two days or so before the sale ends.
Seems to be issues with the new Value packs. This has been reported

These offers go out randomly to different games.... (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61838-Starter-pack-3-day-offer&p=788997#post788997)

beanrice
11-24-13, 07:06 PM
I have 9 nails in my silo. Today I use 3 shovels to clean up the weed and get 3 nails. when i click silo I can see 12 nails, but after 1sec, it back to 9 ! my shovels gone and 3 nails disappear !! why ? soooo hard to get them . (I have enough space in my silo )

rlh20191
12-16-13, 05:54 PM
I'm at Level 27 close to Level 28 & am thinking of buying another Sheep Pen (& sheep). The price moved from 12k coins to 16k coins & I wonder if it raises again at higher levels? Thanks for your help.

newzealander
12-29-13, 09:49 PM
Got a question! Besides deliveries, what other ways is there to obtain pick axes, shovels, nails, screws, boards, paint, saws, etc? Please help ASAP! Thanks!

- MilliVanilliXXX
I haven't seen a reply to this, and I have the same question. I have bought a few plots of land but it needs clearing, and I don't have the gems to keep buying shovels. I have only ever had one drop from a delivery. Is there another way?

tankerslacers
12-30-13, 10:48 AM
I'm at Level 27 close to Level 28 & am thinking of buying another Sheep Pen (& sheep). The price moved from 12k coins to 16k coins & I wonder if it raises again at higher levels? Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if the price goes up, but... wool is needed for so many things. I would suggest buying the additional pen and sheep as soon as you have the money. Just my thought.

tankerslacers
12-30-13, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen a reply to this, and I have the same question. I have bought a few plots of land but it needs clearing, and I don't have the gems to keep buying shovels. I have only ever had one drop from a delivery. Is there another way?

The best way - deliveries, deliveries, deliveries. I used to not send out any delivery that paid less than 200 unless it was all crops. But, once I factored in the odds of getting an expansion part (which I could then sell for 175, since I can no longer expand myself) or building materials, I lowered my "criteria" to 150. Once I started sending out more "cheap" deliveries I noticed an increase in added goods received from the delivery.

Once you have the mine and the forge, you can make your own shovels. I have also gotten building materials from fishing in the pond, catching a butterfly, catching a mole, watching the newspapers and neighbors' side shops AND I have 2 dogs - I have actually received several hammers, shovels, etc. from my dogs (as well as gems).
Good luck!

newzealander
12-31-13, 06:57 PM
The best way - deliveries, deliveries, deliveries. I used to not send out any delivery that paid less than 200 unless it was all crops. But, once I factored in the odds of getting an expansion part (which I could then sell for 175, since I can no longer expand myself) or building materials, I lowered my "criteria" to 150. Once I started sending out more "cheap" deliveries I noticed an increase in added goods received from the delivery.

Once you have the mine and the forge, you can make your own shovels. I have also gotten building materials from fishing in the pond, catching a butterfly, catching a mole, watching the newspapers and neighbors' side shops AND I have 2 dogs - I have actually received several hammers, shovels, etc. from my dogs (as well as gems).
Good luck!
Thanks, Tankers. I guess I have just been unlucky. Not a single paint from dozens (probably over 100) of deliveries, and only one shovel and one nail. I will keep trying.

tankerslacers
01-01-14, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Tankers. I guess I have just been unlucky. Not a single paint from dozens (probably over 100) of deliveries, and only one shovel and one nail. I will keep trying.

The paint is the most challenging for me, too - very evasive! I usually do end up using my gems to purchase paint when I'm ready for a barn expansion. One time in the newspaper I actually was able to purchase 10 - YES 10 paints - that a farmer had for sale. I was elated!!! That held me for quite a while!

Keep trying! Good luck! (And buy a dog if you're able - I get quite a few gems from my puppies, granted 1 at a time but if you feed them regularly those onsies add up faster than you think.)

sluppies
01-21-14, 11:55 AM
My herb garden keeps resetting to 7 hours when I collect from it. I do keep checking it to see how long left until I can collect again so now I'm wondering if by doing that I'm resetting it? Any one throw any light on this for me?

kooky panda
01-21-14, 12:00 PM
My herb garden keeps resetting to 7 hours when I collect from it. I do keep checking it to see how long left until I can collect again so now I'm wondering if by doing that I'm resetting it? Any one throw any light on this for me?
After you collect, it will show 8 hours (7 hrs 59 ) before you can collect again.

sluppies
01-22-14, 01:42 PM
Thanks Kooky Panda for your reply but it keeps resetting to start time. Think I shall delete and re install see if that helps. Sometimes my animals just disappear when I collect from them so find deleting and restarting brings them back.

farmstory908
02-10-14, 10:17 AM
please help, i have chicken coop with chickens but can't feed them (have the feed). my feed symbol is showing translusive and i can't use it. what i am doing wrong:(

ciarjen
02-10-14, 10:21 AM
please help, i have chicken coop with chickens but can't feed them (have the feed). my feed symbol is showing translusive and i can't use it. what i am doing wrong:(

The chickens need to be jumping with the bucket displayed, drag the bucket over the chickens, you may have to do it a few times to collect from all of them. They will then fall over and then your feed symbol which show up and you can feed them.

CanadaHill60
04-13-14, 07:21 PM
How many gems are required to expand and how do you earn them? Thanks. I'm new to computer games and appreciate any helpful hints.

kooky panda
04-14-14, 05:19 AM
How many gems are required to expand and how do you earn them? Thanks. I'm new to computer games and appreciate any helpful hints.

You can sometimes get gems from collecting from animals, sometimes (but rare) from mining.
When you click on the expansion sign you will have the option to buy maps, parts with gems. Be Careful because Buy for __gems means you only get one piece.
For example when it says you need a map:
You have 9/20 and you can buy for 16 gems, this is 16 gems per map so 16x 11= 176 to finish just that set of maps.
At the bottom it will show "buy all for __gems. This will be the total gems you need to completely expand.

horsey3
04-29-14, 04:29 PM
When is next time we can expand farm story 2 after reaching level 52? Need more land. It's too crowded. Please let me know

Ura0
10-06-14, 08:36 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but how many gifts can a player receive. I only receive one or two a day and when I send gifts to my 34 neighbors it always says either 30 or 32 friends could not receive the gift! I am on Android if that matters.

ciarjen
10-06-14, 08:45 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this yet, but how many gifts can a player receive. I only receive one or two a day and when I send gifts to my 34 neighbors it always says either 30 or 32 friends could not receive the gift! I am on Android if that matters.

You can only send 3 gifts a day but you can receive 20, I think.

GameOfFarms
10-06-14, 05:32 PM

When I first started I was doing the same, gifting all of my neighbours too. There's no explanation saying that only 3 neighbours can be gifted.
I have a group of about 6 that I regift in the order that I receive my gifts from them.

missbeccalou
10-09-14, 09:42 PM
Maybe this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't seen it: Can anyone explain the logic behind purchasing crafted items in the marketplace?

I haven't yet expanded to the train station, so I can only do plane deliveries. The amount of coins received from the plane deliveries isn't nearly high enough to profit from buying items at market rate to fulfill orders. For example, I'll have an order that requires 2 bass and 1 french fries, and the coins received from the order are less than the cost of the 2 bass.

Are the train deliveries profitable enough to make it worthwhile? From the screen caps I've seen here, they don't seem to be. Looks like you get a very small amount of coins for MASSIVE orders, although you do get a few gems for each order. The XP isn't very high, either. Do people think getting a couple of gems is worth spending a ton of coins to fulfill the order?

Hoila
10-10-14, 01:24 AM
Maybe this has been addressed elsewhere, but I haven't seen it: Can anyone explain the logic behind purchasing crafted items in the marketplace?

I haven't yet expanded to the train station, so I can only do plane deliveries. The amount of coins received from the plane deliveries isn't nearly high enough to profit from buying items at market rate to fulfill orders. For example, I'll have an order that requires 2 bass and 1 french fries, and the coins received from the order are less than the cost of the 2 bass.

Are the train deliveries profitable enough to make it worthwhile? From the screen caps I've seen here, they don't seem to be. Looks like you get a very small amount of coins for MASSIVE orders, although you do get a few gems for each order. The XP isn't very high, either. Do people think getting a couple of gems is worth spending a ton of coins to fulfill the order?

Sadly to say, train deliveries give really little coins. The tradeoff for coins is that sometimes when you do deliveries, you get parts/paper etc for expansion and mining, and some of these items can be difficult to find in the newspaper sometimes.

For me, I don't buy all items needed for plane or train deliveries, I try to make some, and buy some, especially for train orders since here's a time limit, so at least it's not a total loss. For trains, if you fulfil all 10 orders, you get 5 gems, but if you only fulfil 6, you get 2 gems. So you can decide how much you want to spend and how many orders you want to fill to get gems. It's worth spending a lot of coins to fulfill an order if you get gems out of it especially if you do not want to spend real money to get gems. Because gems, in comparison to coins, are much harder to come by. And a lot of good things (like pets :)) require massive amounts of gems, so it's awesome that there is a way to earn gems in the game, however little the amount is, in comparison to other teamlava games. As long as you spend time on the game, you can always earn coins back. But the same cannot be said of gems, if you solely rely on catching butterflies/moles or completing their collections to get gems. And when you're playing on a smart phone, there's always a high chance of losing gems in the infinite number of gem traps in fs2. So it depends on what you are playing fs2 for and whether you need gems to buy items you want.

ciarjen
10-10-14, 02:55 AM

Yes I do think doing train deliveries is worth it to get the gems. I do at least one train delivery per day, two in rare cases. I use those 5 gems I get every day to buy paint which costs 8 gems. My next barn upgrade needs 17 paint and I would never have been able to get the barn upgraded without doing these train deliveries.

I usually buy most of what I need from my neighbours or the newspaper and I will pay maximum price for it. A train delivery will cost me thousands in coins but I am still making profit every day on the farm doing that.

If you are lower level player and want to make coins, then don't do plane/train deliveries and sell everything you make in your shop. Plane deliveries are useful at times when you want to get XP to level up.

neurotika
12-09-14, 01:48 AM
Which bait is for which fish? I thought the spicy one was for tuna and salmon but i ended up getting bass. I can get bass with dough. It's such a waste of spicy to get bass.

ciarjen
12-09-14, 06:43 AM
Which bait is for which fish? I thought the spicy one was for tuna and salmon but i ended up getting bass. I can get bass with dough. It's such a waste of spicy to get bass.

For tuna and salmon you need the fancy bait - the multicoloured one and it is guaranteed you will get them. I think you can get them occasionally with spicy bait but it is random.

pundoggity
12-09-14, 11:33 AM

Majority of the time:
Dough bait for anchovy
Anchovy bait for catfish
Spicy bait for bass
Fancy bait for salmon and tuna

If you are fishing in a hotspot this changes.... Majority of the time hotspots upgrade your catch by giving you a better fish or double fish.
If your level does not allow you to make fancy bait, your best bet to get salmon and tuna is to fish in a hotspot with spicy bait :)
Good luck