PDA

View Full Version : Tinker camp

Queenzod
06-01-13, 04:14 PM
So, now I have a choice whether to upgrade the royal chateau or keep saving exchange tickets for the tinker camp. I have 52 tickets. My question is for those of you who have a tinker camp. Is it really worth it? Is it just another workshop? I'm fully expanded but have about another 5 buildings to upgrade another two levels, so I'm thinking the upgrade instead of the camp. My workshops are doing fine and now I dont need wisp lanterns. are there any other benefits to the camp? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

newzealander
06-01-13, 06:47 PM
Yes, in my opinion the Tinker Camp is well worth it. It is like a mix of the Potion Shop and the Workshop. It's particularly needed when you start building some heavy duty buildings like Sabina's house. I love the Tinker Camp, and think it's vital. The Chateau will only give you a small extra return - certainly not as valuable as the Tinker Camp.

omniBliss
06-01-13, 07:29 PM
I totally agree with @newzealander, that tinker camp makes every thing easier, especially when you need to craft something that takes 4hrs+ you can still use other shops so, those long tasks won't take over your shops; especially when playing during the day.

I got the tinker camp first, then the royal chateau, 1 upgrade to the chateau, then each expansion permit. I'm working on the trade tickets for my 4 permit now.

HNO3
06-01-13, 11:20 PM
The tinker camp is really useful for me, because I'm nowhere near fully expanded. With it, one or both of my workshops can be on full time wisp and lantern production while the tinker camp takes care of building materials. It's probably not as useful if you aren't needing to churn out lanterns, but still better than the chateau. Plus it looks cool.

dixiestopbakafe
06-07-13, 12:10 PM
anybody able to tell me how to unlock the tinker camp? I chose not to get it and use my trade tickets for other items until now and it is locked. your help would be appreciated! anybody

Gardienn
06-07-13, 12:12 PM
The Tinker Camp will help you expand the Chateau easier.

Frosty_Wench
06-07-13, 12:19 PM
The Tinker Camp will help you expand the Chateau easier.

This. Personally, I went Tinker, Chateau, Chateau to level 3, 4 permits, Chateau to lvl 5, and I am happy with my decision. The Chateau is pretty useless at level 1, but at higher levels it quickly becomes one of, if not the best royal buildings.

dixiestopbakafe
06-07-13, 12:20 PM
oops, n/m - my oversight. Figured it out, thank you!!

Queenzod
06-07-13, 04:51 PM
Well, and just like me to be contrary, I did the chateau. I'm okay with it, and you're right, it is a rocking building at the upper levels. It really churns out the cash! I like cash. I wish making money in real life was this easy. :) My potion shops sit empty a lot, and I'm almost at the point of giving my workshops a break, too. So, thanks so much for the input! I like hearing other people's strategies.

dala12
06-19-13, 10:18 PM
I wonder, I have 54 tickets and it says 10 gems that I can buy tickets. That is at the tinker camp item. But how many tickets do I receive then? Because I do not believe that I get the last 45 tickets for ten gems! Just wondering...

Oliver118
06-19-13, 10:27 PM
anybody able to tell me how to unlock the tinker camp? I chose not to get it and use my trade tickets for other items until now and it is locked. your help would be appreciated! anybody

You can unlock it by collecting 99 Trade Tickets (from any trade) to craft Tinker Camp.

tanbi1
06-20-13, 01:20 AM
10 gems for one ticket. I went for the Tinker Camp first, and I'm happy with that decision. It is very useful.

lotuskat
06-20-13, 10:48 AM
I went for the Tinker Camp first too! It helps speed up crafting while the Royal Chateau only gives you a few RPs and coins, both of which I have plenty.

dala12
06-20-13, 11:24 PM
I had the proof of ownership first. Bad decision..

jazz0r
07-07-13, 05:26 AM
You can unlock it by collecting 99 Trade Tickets (from any trade) to craft Tinker Camp.

I collected 99 trade tickets and tinker camp is still locked. Am I missing something?

Queenzod
07-07-13, 05:57 AM
I collected 99 trade tickets and tinker camp is still locked. Am I missing something?

Do you have 99 tickets in your possession? It's not really a goal, it's a purchase for 99 tickets.

jazz0r
07-07-13, 06:13 AM
Do you have 99 tickets in your possession? It's not really a goal, it's a purchase for 99 tickets.

Yes, I have 99 trade tickets in "My Inventory", but I can't buy tinker camp for 99 trade tickets, because it's still locked by goal.

jazz0r
07-07-13, 06:41 AM
Yes, I have 99 trade tickets in "My Inventory", but I can't buy tinker camp for 99 trade tickets, because it's still locked by goal.

Screenshots:

happy_carol94
07-07-13, 07:11 AM
Screenshots:

8411 If I remember correctly, you have to craft it first with your 99tickets at Royal Exchange for 16hours then it will unlock Tinker camp in market buildings. That's how I got my Tinker camp.

kitkatt7
07-16-13, 08:56 AM
I need help knowing how to unlock the tinker camp. Thanks

kitkatt7
07-16-13, 09:02 AM
Any suggestions on the quickest or smartest way to reach the 99 tickets?

JayUK69
07-16-13, 09:21 AM

To reach them quicker buy loads of cows and chickens as they have a 15 minute and 30 minute drops so you can do the eggs and dairy exchange every 2 hours which will give you up to 8 or 9 tickets a day, depending on how often throughout the day you check your game.

arale_norimaki
07-16-13, 09:41 AM
I need help knowing how to unlock the tinker camp. Thanks

Here is what I can think of:

If you still have the Fruit trade (lasts 1 hour), keep doing that one. Be careful because collecting any GLIMMERBULB would "upgrade" it to a longer, more difficult trade, the Rare fruit trade. To avoid collecting glimmerbulb, stay away from Ivy's hut, the magic garden, the purple cow and, of course, glimmerbulb crops! Upgrading from Fruit to Rare fruit trade will give you 5 trade tickets as an extra reward, but this is a one-shot only reward, Rare fruit trade would then give you 1 trade ticket per trade. I know some people forced the upgrade when they got their 94th ticket to reach faster the required 99.

You can also use the two hour trades (Eggs and Dairy OR Meat Delivery) depending on your stocks. Use the longer trades whenever you will be away from the game (at work, school or sleeping).

If you have alreay upgraded to Rare fruit trade, you can use this one too, but stay away from the magic garden because it drops magic fruit which would "upgrade" again your trade to an even longer and harder to do Magic fruit trade.

Monster trade "upgrades" also, but this is harder to avoid (you upgrade by ****ing beasts, which you kind of have to...), so don't worry about it.
About this one, if you haven't unlocked the magic garden yet, be careful when doing the Monster trade. Try to keep always a stock of creep tooth higher than 30 teeth because you would need them to unlock the garden (and they tend to be hard to come by when you most need them).

One last thing, you can stock trade tickets over 99 in your inventory so even if you forget how many tickets you have and keep trading overr 100 you'll never get a "You can't hold more trade tickets" message ;)

Gardienn
07-16-13, 05:18 PM
One last thing, you can stock trade tickets over 99 in your inventory so even if you forget how many tickets you have and keep trading overr 100 you'll never get a "You can't hold more trade tickets" message ;)

Does it show how many you actually have beyond 99 or is it like hearts where you keep accumulating more than you see?

ghjvcucjb
07-16-13, 05:27 PM
Does it show how many you actually have beyond 99 or is it like hearts where you keep accumulating more than you see?

It shows the actual number. Right now mine shows 143. It was a lot higher but I keep trading them in for stuff

kitkatt7
07-17-13, 08:18 AM
Thank you for the information. I will keep working on it. I unfortunately upgraded mu fruit trade to magic fruit without knowing. Ugh, I will just work with what I have. Thanks again

lonerlexie
07-21-13, 03:56 PM
What goal unlocks the Tinker camp?

Gardienn
07-21-13, 06:43 PM
It shows the actual number. Right now mine shows 143. It was a lot higher but I keep trading them in for stuff

That's great. I never crafted more than 99 because I thought I'd be gipped. Thanks. :)

maguar
07-22-13, 02:48 AM
What goal unlocks the Tinker camp?

The tinker camp option in the royal exchange

lonerlexie
07-24-13, 07:42 PM
The tinker camp option in the royal exchange

Thank you. I was under the impression I had to wait for the game to tell me when I could create the Tinker Camp. Only 20 long trades to go.

maguar
07-25-13, 03:33 AM
lonerlexie the good thing about castle is that any goals that require certain buildings etc do tend to include the ones you already have. So if in doubt get the building. Crafting certain items on the other hand requires you to actually craft them.

MansfieldMannor
08-30-13, 02:07 PM
I upgraded to magic fruit trade and my game told me I would get 10 tickets, but I got only one! Is this a glitch. I have saved 78 trade tickets so far, but it is taking forever!

MiniLaura
08-30-13, 02:12 PM
I upgraded to magic fruit trade and my game told me I would get 10 tickets, but I got only one! Is this a glitch. I have saved 78 trade tickets so far, but it is taking forever!
You get a one-time bonus each time your trades get upgraded, but you still get only one ticket per trade after the trades are upgraded.

PurpleScorpion76
06-19-14, 05:00 AM
In the royal exchange it says the tinker camp is just like a workshop. Is this true? Is it worth the 99 trade tickets?

jim23cash
06-19-14, 05:05 AM
In the royal exchange it says the tinker camp is just like a workshop. Is this true? Is it worth the 99 trade tickets?

It's kinda like a mixture between a workshop and a potion shop. It doesn't make everything from either place, but it makes a lot of them. I definitely think it is worth it if you are still doing a lot of building! I used mine all the time while I was leveling up. I use it less so now, but I don't always use my workshops now either. It was a two thumbs up purchase for me. :)

Jir67
06-19-14, 05:08 AM
is very useful!
I use it to craft wisp lantern to expand, and using the two ordinary workshop for regular crafting
and when you have to craft someting on rush, you still have three workshops....

tigarlilyvol
06-19-14, 05:11 AM
Yes, you can make almost all the same items in the potion shop and workshop, especially the building supplies that you need all the time. It's time consuming to get 99 TT but worth it.

NorthWoodsKingdom
06-19-14, 05:42 AM
VERY useful!!! & definitely worth it!
When it opened for me in the Exchange, I went for it right out of the gate, bypassing the chateau & other stuff (which I did later) & never regretted it cuz I could devote it entirely to churning out wisps & lanterns for expansions, leaving my workshops free for beams/blocks.
It's also great for making the items which take longer (architect's paste/magic cement, ornate blocks/beams).
Highly recommend that you get it!

Ps Beyond the goal that asks you to trade in tickets for some building supplies, I wouldn't recommend wasting trade tickets on items you can craft.

m1stery
06-19-14, 10:39 AM
VERY useful!!! & definitely worth it!
When it opened for me in the Exchange, I went for it right out of the gate, bypassing the chateau & other stuff (which I did later) & never regretted it cuz I could devote it entirely to churning out wisps & lanterns for expansions, leaving my workshops free for beams/blocks.
It's also great for making the items which take longer (architect's paste/magic cement, ornate blocks/beams).
Highly recommend that you get it!

I completely agree with everything that NorthWoods said!

doobievilla
06-19-14, 11:13 AM
I wonder, I have 54 tickets and it says 10 gems that I can buy tickets. That is at the tinker camp item. But how many tickets do I receive then? Because I do not believe that I get the last 45 tickets for ten gems! Just wondering...

One Ticket

Wiesenbunt
10-19-14, 01:49 PM
you are right....o) it is 10 gems for ONE ticket....:o)))