PDA

View Full Version : LeaderBoard/Crown Update 6/4/13

MHz_
06-01-13, 01:19 AM
We've seen some slight abuse of the way the crowns and matchmaking systems work, resulting in players gaining way too many crowns per day and getting near a point that cannot be overcome.

We're pushing out a fix that will reduce the number of crowns you can earn from opponents with a significantly lower count than you have. This will likely only affect a very small number of players.

Update 6/4/13:

Tonight (US time) we pushed out 2 major changes for Crowns and Matchmaking:

For crowns, we adjusted the total number of crowns for all players who had over 500. This was necessary so that our update to the matchmaking system and the overall balance of the leaderboard is intact. For players affected (about 430 of you), you were credited 250 gems for the inconvenience.

Please note that the actual rankings were not affected, and all players did not have their rank changed, but their total Crown count did.

We hope to not have to ever do this again, and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience caused.

The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback here and I'll do my best to address them.

jim151222
06-01-13, 02:17 AM
And me. I now only get 1, or 0 crowns per battle. Maybe fix matchmaking to match players with similar level crowns instead of just making it so I had to spend 35k gold just to find a 19 match. Nice move guys.

MHz_
06-01-13, 02:22 AM
Things will normalize a bit once we have more players in the game and players progress as expected. I know this sucks right now, but it was necessary to preserve the integrity of the leaderboard. I want to ensure that it can be fair and competitive for everyone, and it was approaching a point where some players were so far ahead they likely would never be able to be caught up to.

jim151222
06-01-13, 02:30 AM
You thinking of implementing a matching system that matches similar crowns levels though? Because that would be nifty. Then it'd be going with the competitive spirit, those 2 players who are 1.2-1.7k out in the lead can just fight each other for crowns and the rest of us have more of a challenge to obtain the crowns as we will be losing more fights against tougher opponents. Or is that likely to still be abused? Just a suggestion. Thanks for the fast response.

MHz_
06-01-13, 02:41 AM
You thinking of implementing a matching system that matches similar crowns levels though? Because that would be nifty. Then it'd be going with the competitive spirit, those 2 players who are 1.2-1.7k out in the lead can just fight each other for crowns and the rest of us have more of a challenge to obtain the crowns as we will be losing more fights against tougher opponents. Or is that likely to still be abused? Just a suggestion. Thanks for the fast response.

Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players.

This is unfortunately going to be a point where this change has to be in place until things normalize. With how active everyone is though, it shouldn't take too long.

jim151222
06-01-13, 02:49 AM
Oh I see, not that I see the point to hiding at low level crowns. Sort of seems like a pointless excersise, lose crowns, to gain crowns, ending you up where you started in the first place. And with the ability to skip towns does that not become obsolese, new players could assess the town, realise that it's a very well defended town and skip to the next one, leaving said player with epic town and low crowns, no wins because people just skip them.

I don't know maybe there is people that would do that but it sounds a bit strange to me. Sort of a large circle of getting nowhere. But I accept your point even though I don't quite understand it.

laff80
06-01-13, 02:51 AM
congrats to the developers of the game, to reward the players that have been the most active and fighting to be top of the leaderboard, you nerf their gameplay so that it's absolutely pointless to continue playing. there's good logic in that decision.

laff80
06-01-13, 03:04 AM
I'm level 29 and I lost 19 crowns to a player that attacked me and they are level 36.

They have maxed out defenses and for my revenge attack I can only win up to 2 crowns while risking 16 crowns if I don't reach 50% damage.

Thanks heaps, I spent $5.49 on gems and get rewarded with nerfed game play.

sandgroper
06-01-13, 09:26 AM
Im level 25 and have been fighting hard and trying to remain fair to work up the leaderboard. Im tryingto only target towns that are lower than me but are very well defended and equiped, or preferably ones higher or at my level.

It can take sometimes dozens of next match clicks and gold spent to get a match that fits those conditions and now im limited to 1 or 0 crowns per match seemingly regardless of who i choose.

It just doesnt feel like your targetting the right players!

Also would it really be that bad to have a pop up when you open the game mixed in with all those annoying try this game or that game that i really wish i could click never remind again on to explain your changes and maybe even how the new system works? Something like if your higher than rank 50 your screwed or something would suit!

The challenge of the players way out in front had made me decide to purchase loads of gems so i could chase them. Im glad you did this before i could log on and make my purchase. I think ill uninstall instead

MHz_
06-03-13, 04:25 PM
New changes have been listed on the first post of this thread.

joe696
06-15-13, 12:05 AM
How can I move from level 3 Armory to level 4 Armory

MHz_
06-19-13, 05:54 PM
How can I move from level 3 Armory to level 4 Armory

This will be something you can do in the next update we have planned for the game :) Stay tuned!

bucklsm
07-10-13, 06:17 PM
They do this to take resources off of people who can't defend themselves

bucklsm
07-10-13, 06:18 PM
Oh I see, not that I see the point to hiding at low level crowns. Sort of seems like a pointless excersise, lose crowns, to gain crowns, ending you up where you started in the first place. And with the ability to skip towns does that not become obsolese, new players could assess the town, realise that it's a very well defended town and skip to the next one, leaving said player with epic town and low crowns, no wins because people just skip them.

I don't know maybe there is people that would do that but it sounds a bit strange to me. Sort of a large circle of getting nowhere. But I accept your point even though I don't quite understand it.

They do this to take resources of off people who can't defend

kms899
09-16-13, 03:26 PM
Is there certain amount of attack in a day or is it unlimited, I was attacked 6 time, but I won all the battle.

FrozenTurtle
09-16-13, 03:46 PM
Is there certain amount of attack in a day or is it unlimited, I was attacked 6 time, but I won all the battle.

There's no limit on incoming attacks. However, if you fail to defend against an opponent, you will be given a Shield which lasts for a period of time (dependent on how much damage you were dealt). This Shield will prevent others from attacking you until it expires or you choose to attack someone and remove the Shield.

kms899
09-16-13, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info turtle.

sand
09-23-13, 12:53 PM
There's no limit on incoming attacks. However, if you fail to defend against an opponent, you will be given a Shield which lasts for a period of time (dependent on how much damage you were dealt). This Shield will prevent others from attacking you until it expires or you choose to attack someone and remove the Shield.

Can you provide some details on how long this loser's shield lasts? For example, how much shield time is granted for every 1000 hitpoints lost?
Also, how do we know how much damage we sustained in a defensive battle? The battle log only tells you what resources you lost.

scottyhaha
09-23-13, 02:56 PM
Can you provide some details on how long this loser's shield lasts? For example, how much shield time is granted for every 1000 hitpoints lost?
Also, how do we know how much damage we sustained in a defensive battle? The battle log only tells you what resources you lost.
If you watch the replay, it tell you how many percent of damage on your kingdom.

sand
09-25-13, 08:32 AM
If you watch the replay, it tell you how many percent of damage on your kingdom.
Okay, I see that, but does the shield time depend on the percentage of damage or the actual amount of damage - as in number of hitpoints? 10,000 hitpoints would be 100 percent damage for one kingdom, but 50 percent for another. I'm not sure what FrozenTurtle means by "how much damage you were dealt."
I'd still like to know how much time we're talking about here, even if it's just a matter of range - minimum shield time; maximum shield time.
If it's based on percentage of damage, then how much shield time for 60 percent? How much time for 90 percent? Like that.

Takiofallen
09-25-13, 08:56 AM
i was took 55 % and received a 4 hour shield so i would estimate 1 hour per 10% until we get confirmation
Okay, I see that, but does the shield time depend on the percentage of damage or the actual amount of damage - as in number of hitpoints? 10,000 hitpoints would be 100 percent damage for one kingdom, but 50 percent for another. I'm not sure what FrozenTurtle means by "how much damage you were dealt."
I'd still like to know how much time we're talking about here, even if it's just a matter of range - minimum shield time; maximum shield time.
If it's based on percentage of damage, then how much shield time for 60 percent? How much time for 90 percent? Like that.

kwhales
09-25-13, 02:25 PM
i was took 55 % and received a 4 hour shield so i would estimate 1 hour per 10% until we get confirmation

Yeah. but they must have a max. Last week I lost big, everything. and I got a 15 hour shield. Or at least by the time I logged in I had 15 hours left. So I wonder this too. What is the maximum shield time? I know I already got a 3 hour shield, so what is the minimum shield time too?

Jordieggg
09-25-13, 02:50 PM
There are three different shields. A 4 hour, 8 hour, and 16 hour. If you lose 100% you get a 16hour one. I have been playing for a while but still not sure when you get 8 hours. It is based on percent of damage received. You get 4 hours for 50% plus.

jahil
09-25-13, 03:21 PM
If the damage dealt reaches a certain percentage you get these:

50%- 4 hrs
75% - 8 hrs
100% - 16 hrs

This is based on what i observed...

MediusSyberia
09-25-13, 09:54 PM
If the damage dealt reaches a certain percentage you get these:

50%- 4 hrs
75% - 8 hrs
100% - 16 hrs

This is based on what i observed...

I think you only get the 100% shield if your royal hall is destroyed. So to get a 100% shield they either need to destroy your royal hall (and get over 50%) or get 100% vs you. Can anyone confirm the part about the royal hall???

kwhales
09-26-13, 02:58 AM
It would be nice to know what percentage we lost. I won three battles overnight on my own village. So I must of held the enemy back even though they took loot and destroyed some buildings. I would like to know the percentage of loss. It must have been less then 50% since I won and didn't get a shield. But of course I may have gotten a 4 hr shield but then I would have lost, right?

MediusSyberia
09-26-13, 04:33 AM
It would be nice to know what percentage we lost. I won three battles overnight on my own village. So I must of held the enemy back even though they took loot and destroyed some buildings. I would like to know the percentage of loss. It must have been less then 50% since I won and didn't get a shield. But of course I may have gotten a 4 hr shield but then I would have lost, right?

Nope they need to actually beat you by getting more than 50% for you to get a shield. However when you watch replays look into the bottom-right corner... it should show you there how much damage they have done to your base.

sand
09-26-13, 10:34 AM
FireMocha team, can you add damage percentage to the ATTACK LOG, please? (It really should be "DEFENSE LOG" or "BATTLE LOG".)
I went to check on my defensive loss and found that the REPLAY button is now grayed out. Why does the REPLAY expire so soon? There's now no way for me to know how much damage was sustained during that battle. Apparently, I completely missed the shield's appearance because it was not there by the time I logged on again. No idea now whether it was an 8-hour shield or a 16-hour one.

So if an attacker has done 98% damage and quits the battle with the Royal Hall still standing, the defender will be deprived of 8 hours worth of shield time? Again, I'm just curious because I've sometimes opted to go home when there's nothing left to be looted. Unfortunately, I inadvertently forfeited crowns by doing this sometimes. Now I hang around if there are still crowns to be had, often watching some lone archer calling "Fah... Fah... Fah..." as she shoots at whatever's left.

One more question: Does destruction of the Royal Hall guarantee that the attacker will receive all the crowns that were available to be won in the battle; or does the number of awarded crowns also depend upon the percentage of damage you inflict?

kwhales
09-26-13, 02:22 PM
FireMocha team, can you add damage percentage to the ATTACK LOG, please? (It really should be "DEFENSE LOG" or "BATTLE LOG".)
I went to check on my defensive loss and found that the REPLAY button is now grayed out. Why does the REPLAY expire so soon? There's now no way for me to know how much damage was sustained during that battle. Apparently, I completely missed the shield's appearance because it was not there by the time I logged on again. No idea now whether it was an 8-hour shield or a 16-hour one.

So if an attacker has done 98% damage and quits the battle with the Royal Hall still standing, the defender will be deprived of 8 hours worth of shield time? Again, I'm just curious because I've sometimes opted to go home when there's nothing left to be looted. Unfortunately, I inadvertently forfeited crowns by doing this sometimes. Now I hang around if there are still crowns to be had, often watching some lone archer calling "Fah... Fah... Fah..." as she shoots at whatever's left.

One more question: Does destruction of the Royal Hall guarantee that the attacker will receive all the crowns that were available to be won in the battle; or does the number of awarded crowns also depend upon the percentage of damage you inflict?

With the update all previous battles seem to have the replay greyed out. You can't go back for replay. But you can still revenge them. I don't think usually there is a time limit to replay. Just this time after the update and I believe maybe a little before.

stay to the end of the battle unless you are losing. More crowns are earned. I like watching that sole archer shoot away. I like to cheer when the object of her destruction falls.

jahil
09-26-13, 05:33 PM
I think you only get the 100% shield if your royal hall is destroyed. So to get a 100% shield they either need to destroy your royal hall (and get over 50%) or get 100% vs you. Can anyone confirm the part about the royal hall???

My royal hall was destryed once and the total damage inflicted on my camp is only 80% got 8 hr shield for it... So imho i dont think destroying the royal hall is the prerequisite to have a 16 hr shield...

sand
09-29-13, 08:27 PM
The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.

Whatever happened to this idea? It seemed like the most logical approach, especially since there's no way to demote troops or sell buildings.

Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players.

Many players are clearly doing this on a massive scale. Farm relentlessly until crown count is so high that only dauntingly tough defenses come up in the matches; then lower crown count by deliberately losing while STILL farming. The lowered crown count then dials up easier targets. So it is apparent that crowns are the basis for the matchmaking; not a balance of offensive vs defensive progression as you said it would be. Can you at least confirm that here, officially?

Sumercarefree
10-07-13, 11:42 PM
Interesting. I'm still groping with this game. I noticed after someone attacked me my crowns went up.
I'm still building up so have no time to attack others. BUt I do like the replay button, it is fun watching.

heidisthebest
10-21-13, 01:01 AM
I am ranked#5 on world. I burn my bum out trying hard to earn those crowns coz FM apparently doesnt give too much to be won. I have a screenshot to show here now that has been bothering me since yesterday. I am at lvl68 and got good base i guess but I got attacked by a lvl25 which name appears to be TALAD. He is in Pinoy Tsinelas clan and he attacked me using low level troops, he attacked me twice and both lasted for less than 30secs and got 3% only. But at my surprise i checked LOG and it says there I LOST from him? He ripped a good 51crowns twice consecutively and this is really frustrating. Attached is the screenshot to prove. Hope i can get my crowns back and this TALAD be investigated. 10903109021090410905

heidisthebest
10-21-13, 01:05 AM
Also, i would like to inform FM that I have been losing crowns gained with no reason. And I get StormieLvl25 10/12x times when i go to battle which really is annoying because you spend coins when choosing who to battle and i spend almost 30k coins just because of stormielvl 25 Apparitions. I get disconnected every 15 minutes and when i return, crowns lost.

MediusSyberia
10-21-13, 02:36 AM
I am ranked#5 on world. I burn my bum out trying hard to earn those crowns coz FM apparently doesnt give too much to be won. I have a screenshot to show here now that has been bothering me since yesterday. I am at lvl68 and got good base i guess but I got attacked by a lvl25 which name appears to be TALAD. He is in Pinoy Tsinelas clan and he attacked me using low level troops, he attacked me twice and both lasted for less than 30secs and got 3% only. But at my surprise i checked LOG and it says there I LOST from him? He ripped a good 51crowns twice consecutively and this is really frustrating. Attached is the screenshot to prove. Hope i can get my crowns back and this TALAD be investigated. 10903109021090410905

You should post that again here: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?59050-Major-Hacks-Updates-Needed/page9

heidisthebest
10-28-13, 10:56 AM
We've seen some slight abuse of the way the crowns and matchmaking systems work, resulting in players gaining way too many crowns per day and getting near a point that cannot be overcome.

We're pushing out a fix that will reduce the number of crowns you can earn from opponents with a significantly lower count than you have. This will likely only affect a very small number of players.

Update 6/4/13:

Tonight (US time) we pushed out 2 major changes for Crowns and Matchmaking:

For crowns, we adjusted the total number of crowns for all players who had over 500. This was necessary so that our update to the matchmaking system and the overall balance of the leaderboard is intact. For players affected (about 430 of you), you were credited 250 gems for the inconvenience.

Please note that the actual rankings were not affected, and all players did not have their rank changed, but their total Crown count did.

We hope to not have to ever do this again, and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback here and I'll do my best to address them.

I am at lvl71, you clearly stated there you fixed your match making? I have strong troops, upgraded weapons, stong walls...why do i get those poor low levels 30/40 with low level base???? And i dont see any crowns at all since last week!!! Give us real money spenders a break will yah?

jacobvanbourne
10-28-13, 01:28 PM
Hey Frozen Turtle, would it be possible to have the crowns won or lost set to at least a minimum of 1. At least give us a chance to win some crowns. Right now they are really hard to find for many players. Thanks.

Sumercarefree
10-28-13, 08:27 PM
I notice those more than 10 or 20 levels are attacking me. so not easy to build up our cash and coins, unless we can vault them like in World War games. So most of the time I am defeated and get the free shield.
Coins are hard to earn and upgrade takes long. The stones are not easy to build up if we keep getting defeated by higher level players.
I noticed some same level players have much more cannons and defence equipment and I am not allowed to have so many ???

Azriemw3
11-03-13, 02:47 AM
This game so great and it fun ...hope there more update

bishojb
11-20-13, 04:59 PM
How do you get past Mission 15/Chapter 3?

jacobvanbourne
11-21-13, 03:26 PM
How do you get past Mission 15/Chapter 3?

That is the last mission currently. Push the 'Find Match' button and start fighting live opponents.

garuda10
02-02-15, 07:08 PM
Is it the games is dead?

The players on top list never attack and neve able to be attack since the crowns is artificially higher, create by crowns dump?

ajs07
02-03-15, 09:25 AM
Is it the games is dead?

The players on top list never attack and neve able to be attack since the crowns is artificially higher, create by crowns dump?

You've got it figured out. The high level players never attack and either get crowns dumped to them or hack so that they are shown to be always online so that they don't lose crowns. It is pretty much impossible to beat a high level base with a full portal with current troop strenghts. FM needs to implement some sort of system where bases need to attack others or they lose crowns and if nothing else, boost troop power to at least shuffle the board so that those actually playing are represented, not just these stale sit around bases. But do they care about this game anymore enough to actually do anything like release an update or listen to suggestions. NO.