PDA

View Full Version : Vintage is all the rage this season.

ButterPanda
05-31-13, 03:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u4YmOM5.png
Take a step back to the Roaring 20's with the Flapper Fun in Fashion Story (https://www.facebook.com/fashionstory)!

CuteTali
05-31-13, 03:58 PM
Yep, I figured Gatsby would bring back the 20's for a little while.

05-31-13, 04:04 PM
This is lovely. The middle gal is doing the little dance my son always does. So funny!

I'd love a headband like the thrift store display girl or these ladies are wearing.

bigbux3
05-31-13, 04:44 PM
I don't play Fashion Story, but this is cool.

2 months ago I was in a play called Flappers.

KindleFire083
05-31-13, 05:08 PM
If we had a daughter I'd install Fashion Story to play this with her and to buy this. Maybe I'll uninstall City Story to repplace it with this game.

Ic3e
05-31-13, 05:39 PM
So last Spring! Flapper is out of style now =_=

But it doesn't stop me from liking the theme. I feel conflicted... I'm dissapointed with the latest theme because it's out of style now (again so Spring/Summer 2012) but I love it because I always loved Flapper Fashion. I can assume you'll bring back Flapper Fab?

05-31-13, 05:42 PM
Flapper is always in season. Somewhere there are dozens of brides doing the 20s for their weddings. Because of the movie out many are always dressing like this TODAY. I'd love the old Halloween style flapper dress back. In gold. We need more gold attire!

CuteTali
05-31-13, 05:42 PM
Actually they're bringing it back again this summer. It didn't do too well last spring, so now it's getting a second go.

cherryberry9
05-31-13, 05:58 PM
What's next 1930s?

Ic3e
06-02-13, 10:20 AM
First off, critique. The display, to be really honest, is kinda boring. Sure they're dance and such but they're not even smiling while doing so. I mean, who doesn't smile while they're dancing? I sure smile whenever I dance. Also the lack of Roaring 20s Extravagance bothers me. But otherwise it's really pretty and creative. The addition of floor lights really does scream the 20s and that's what you want when making a 1920s display. I also really like the way they're dressed, really nice and I hope we get to have dresses like those and maybe even hairstyles like theirs.

Second, Flapper is not in. Not to bash the 1920s (I seriously love that era, where would our mini dresses and short hair cuts be with out that era?) but it's just not in despite what you guys say. The reason why I simply dislike this theme is because again, it's out of style and not it is not always in season. Where was the Flapper trend during the 1960s? Or how about the 1990s? Speaking of those two eras, the 60s and the 90s are the center of this years attention. The revival of Mod, Grunge, Minimalism, and Go-go is the focus right now. Besides, inthe fashion world you'd be shunned if you just kept creating the same look every season. It goes like this: once it's been done, it's done, wait twenty-thirty (or in Flapper's case 90) years and then make a revival, once it's been done, it's done and repeat. Over and over until you're finally original enough to make your own style.

Hopefully Teamlava won't do Mod or Grunge next year S/S or else I'll be ranting about it like how I'm ranting about Flapper for this year. Sorry for being such a fashion freak. By the way, is anybody else having this? For some reason whenever I go back to check out the teaser, the image looks corrupted, again is it just me?

CuteTali
06-02-13, 03:53 PM
I really don't like anything about this display, the colors, the outfits, the strangely awkward posing, the floor especially. Still waiting for something good......

Baraze
06-02-13, 03:56 PM
First off, critique. The display, to be really honest, is kinda boring. Sure they're dance and such but they're not even smiling while doing so. I mean, who doesn't smile while they're dancing? I sure smile whenever I dance. Also the lack of Roaring 20s Extravagance bothers me. But otherwise it's really pretty and creative. The addition of floor lights really does scream the 20s and that's what you want when making a 1920s display. I also really like the way they're dressed, really nice and I hope we get to have dresses like those and maybe even hairstyles like theirs.

Second, Flapper is not in. Not to bash the 1920s (I seriously love that era, where would our mini dresses and short hair cuts be with out that era?) but it's just not in despite what you guys say. The reason why I simply dislike this theme is because again, it's out of style and not it is not always in season. Where was the Flapper trend during the 1960s? Or how about the 1990s? Speaking of those two eras, the 60s and the 90s are the center of this years attention. The revival of Mod, Grunge, Minimalism, and Go-go is the focus right now. Besides, inthe fashion world you'd be shunned if you just kept creating the same look every season. It goes like this: once it's been done, it's done, wait twenty-thirty (or in Flapper's case 90) years and then make a revival, once it's been done, it's done and repeat. Over and over until you're finally original enough to make your own style.

Hopefully Teamlava won't do Mod or Grunge next year S/S or else I'll be ranting about it like how I'm ranting about Flapper for this year. Sorry for being such a fashion freak. By the way, is anybody else having this? For some reason whenever I go back to check out the teaser, the image looks corrupted, again is it just me?

Yes! We need grunge! I like the one punk rock outfit we have. Now the boots don't do it for me, but I kinda like the outfit. I tried the hair and earrings on my avatar and um.....girlfriend didnt look too hot, but we need variation. There are different personalities and tastes here and we all cant be happy. So while there are some people who complain when there is anything higher than ankle length, I love it all. I'm happy with anything that doesn't have a quantity of less than 300. I need color for different sections my place have. We need to keep the older ladies and the young girls who play, with daddy's credit card happy.

So if the office wants to take us to the 20s this upcoming week, more power to them. I'd totally forgotten about the 70s Halloween outfit. I need to find it to display in my shop!

cherryberry9
06-02-13, 04:18 PM
Are we going through the century? First Victorian. But that's sorta 1880s when Queen Victoria ruled. So we should have Eduardian not 1920s items.

Ic3e
06-02-13, 07:16 PM
Are we going through the century? First Victorian. But that's sorta 1880s when Queen Victoria ruled. So we should have Eduardian not 1920s items.

I would assume TL only creates the items that are in demand, like they design what the players want currently. And maybe they only do the most recognized eras. Why do you think they skipped the 1900s-1910s, those eras were kind of boring, in color and in design. The Eduardian era is no exception. I know what Eduardian fashion is like... boring! And the Victorian era was recognized in it's revolutionary fashion and technology plus it was popular by demand so TL just had to do it.