PDA

View Full Version : Idea for ripe notifications

Queenzod
05-30-13, 11:33 PM
Is anyone else distracted by all the bobbing notification alerts? I don't know the "real" name for them. Those little yellow arrows, watering cans and crates above ripe objects or empty buildings? I think it would be neat if, instead of the bobbing things, that the item would glow or have a halo around it. That way our kingdoms would look neater. I have objects that I can't store and actually hide behind buildings b/c I can't stand looking at all those bobbing things. Also, if you can't harvest it right away, your kingdom would still look pretty. It would glow more. Ooooo! Pretty. Shiny. I think I'm up too late. Heehee! :rolleyes:

maguar
05-31-13, 04:20 AM
When the game first game out I suggested the same thing. Mhz_ did reply but I can't find it at the moment. I think he said that they're there to stay as they let us know when stuff is available etc which is good. If you view your kingdom through photo mode (from the main menu) you won't see them but you won't be able to do anything. Over time you do learn to see past the icons.

RotomGuy
05-31-13, 04:33 AM
They annoy me too, but I just stuff all my bobby things in one place.

maguar
05-31-13, 04:58 AM
I've stored things, hidden those that I can't store and am now at at stage where I can basically ignore them (along with my sparkling keep and storage cellar).

ghjvcucjb
05-31-13, 11:18 AM
Is anyone else distracted by all the bobbing notification alerts? I don't know the "real" name for them. Those little yellow arrows, watering cans and crates above ripe objects or empty buildings? I think it would be neat if, instead of the bobbing things, that the item would glow or have a halo around it. That way our kingdoms would look neater. I have objects that I can't store and actually hide behind buildings b/c I can't stand looking at all those bobbing things. Also, if you can't harvest it right away, your kingdom would still look pretty. It would glow more. Ooooo! Pretty. Shiny. I think I'm up too late. Heehee! :rolleyes:

Ok, gross alert here: last week we were watching Discovery Chanel show about what happens to a large animal such as an elephant, when it dies in Africa. They spent a lot of time on the close up of the maggot stage (ready to vomit). The massive body of squirming, wriggling maggots appear to be glowing and pulsing. The next day I open CS and felt nauseas as I realized that the glowing pulsing cops with the arrow icons slowly pulsing up and down look exactly like the mass of maggots devouring the elephant. So to answer your question, yes it does bother me a little ;-)

Queenzod
05-31-13, 12:41 PM
Thank you SO much for that image and sharing. :) Now I'm going to think about nothing but maggots when I see those. }}shudder{{.

elaur
05-31-13, 01:50 PM
The bobbing even makes it hard to hit things if they are next to each other.

jenwilhelm
05-31-13, 02:42 PM
I agree, it annoys me as well. I wish there would be an option in Settings for how you want the items ready for collection to be displayed. I'd really like a halo/glow rather than the arrow... they're so distracting and I can't see half my kingdom because there are so many arrows (and not enough energy to collect from all of them!).