PDA

View Full Version : Tips for the Newly Initiated (Newbie *****sheet)

bowlfullofcherries
05-30-13, 07:02 PM
Things we wish we'd known to do- or not to do- when we first started, and useful, informal tips we've picked up along the way:

1) collect from possible high-energy boons (adventures, Sir Pigglesworth, etc) only when your energy's depleted in case of windfalls

2) check the forums for goal items that cannot be completed pre-goal but don't be too discouraged if you jump the ***. it's a momentary set back and you'll use the item you've crafted too early soon enough.

3) attack beasts only when you've enough energy to finish- you won't regain the full energy spent otherwise- this goes for trees and rocks as well for best return drops

4) items that seem to drop easy today might not tomorrow so hoard like mad.

5) pace yourself. the game's not finished and updates are fairly frequent. it's not a race and you'll become super frustrated if you're in a hurry to finish everything unless you're willing to spend gobs of moola.

aimeeq
05-30-13, 07:18 PM
Hoard, hoard, hoard and ALWAYS check the forum when there is a new update
Find 3 reliable friends and stay faithful to them for gifting. Don't just change up gifts and lose them, communicate on each other's wall what you need. Earth wisps are always good until you hit the glimmer dust dry spell
Oh, don't be too quick to finish buildings you need early on if you can request materials. Use the materials for anything else you need before you complete the 2nd building. You can have at least 2 of everything except the Exchange

bowlfullofcherries
06-01-13, 01:36 AM
1) Double clicking the master button at the bottom of your iPad/iPhone will automatically complete any taps. So in the morning, after you click on all your animals, buildings etc, instead of waiting for your avatar to run all over your kingdom, simply double tap the button and you collect from them all at once. This shortcut may be interrupted if a beast appears.

2) To cancel a tap press the edit button before your avatar collects the item(as she/he runs towards the item)

elaur
06-01-13, 07:47 AM
Very important: When you first join the game collect from a few mushrooms often to get glimmerdust. You will need a lot later.

I did this with my daughter's game an had no glimmerdust shortage. I wish CS would make a quest for it early on (where you keep the hlimmer dust once you get it) to make it less frustrating later.

catlady71
06-02-13, 01:15 PM
keep harvesting. at the begging i will only plant something if there was a goal, I wish I knew I'll need to have those things in storage. and don't hate the monsters! you will need all those rat tails and furs in the future, so be happy when they appear

wassupbaby
06-02-13, 03:05 PM
keep calm and buy gems.

Baraze
06-02-13, 03:42 PM
1) Double clicking the master button at the bottom of your iPad/iPhone will automatically complete any taps. So in the morning, after you click on all your animals, buildings etc, instead of waiting for your avatar to run all over your kingdom, simply double tap the button and you collect from them all at once. This shortcut may be interrupted if a beast appears.

2) To cancel a tap press the edit button before your avatar collects the item(as she/he runs towards the item)

Why didnt I ever think of the first one?! You've no idea how much I dislike waiting for my gal to go to every little thing Ibe clicked on. Now.....silly question...what's the master button?

Baraze
06-02-13, 03:42 PM
keep calm and buy gems.

Too funny!

kooky panda
06-02-13, 07:18 PM
Why didnt I ever think of the first one?! You've no idea how much I dislike waiting for my gal to go to every little thing Ibe clicked on. Now.....silly question...what's the master button?

You can click you home button then click your castle icon. When you game comes back up the actions should be completed. You can also pull down your notification bar at the top of the screen then push it back up to get the actions to complete.

Triple_K
06-03-13, 10:13 AM

You can also go to menu, then click on neighbors and everything collects automatically :) unless interrupted by a monster.

Triple_K
06-03-13, 10:16 AM
Very important: When you first join the game collect from a few mushrooms often to get glimmerdust. You will need a lot later.

I did this with my daughter's game an had no glimmerdust shortage. I wish CS would make a quest for it early on (where you keep the hlimmer dust once you get it) to make it less frustrating later.

Do mean collecting from the same mushrooms from the since beginning?
I have another question also, I have all 3 kinds of mushrooms, do u think I should just use red mushroom circles for best yields?

Triple_K
06-03-13, 10:16 AM
Sorry meant...Do *u* mean** lol

Triple_K
06-03-13, 10:18 AM
And since from the beginning*** lol

redlorry
06-04-13, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries

I was doing this quite frequently but I found it lead to sync issues. I lost my energy and lost out on some rarer prizes. Now I'm patient.

bowlfullofcherries
06-05-13, 06:25 PM
I was doing this quite frequently but I found it lead to sync issues. I lost my energy and lost out on some rarer prizes. Now I'm patient.

Sorry! I've been down with a nasty flu bug. I haven't experienced any sync issues but maybe it depends on the device.

redlorry, the other part of your report is really alarming- what did you miss out on?! And what rare prizes? Everything I've collected shows up in my inventory. Has anyone else had trouble with this?

bowlfullofcherries
06-05-13, 06:41 PM
I've been thinking this through, but I do not use this function (double clicking the large, round circular button at the bottom of your iPhone/iPad) when collecting from sir Pigglesworth, my adventures or any of the other random awesomeness dropping buildings. If I get max energy from an adventure I want to have a measure of control and that command relinquishes control.

Another thought- when you need a certain item drop from monsters, when one drops, keep tapping that 'type' for as long as you can and in succession. Monsters tend to move in packs. Don't waste energy elsewhere- if you get a skunkupine tapping flowers, move on to harvesting your sugar cane. It may be long dry spurts before that monster appears again but when one comes, if you keep to its 'type' you'll usually average three of the same monster in a small time frame. Basically, strike while the iron is hot without squandering your energy elsewhere. This is easiest done with trolls as you're able to buy rocks.

HNO3
06-05-13, 07:18 PM
1) Don't send your neighbors kissing dust - they either can't use it or don't want it. Wisps or glimmer dust unless specifically told otherwise
2) Get 2 of each crafting and resource building as soon as possible (except magic forge, won't need a second one for a while)
3) Start farming mermaid scales (as well as glimmer dust, as previously mentioned) as soon as possible.

redlorry
06-06-13, 04:15 AM
Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries

It happened 2x in one day. I lost half my energy and all the things I had collected. Mostly crops, some craft items, some watering mushrooms. I hit a troll 6 times and that went back to 7. I was most disappointed because the forgotten roost dropped an egg, would have been my second. I posted to check this was a sync issue as is was new. It was recommended to post or visit nbr before starting to collect to ensure game in sync. Then I realised its happens more when I speed collect. if its not in sync and you speed collect you could lose the lot.

meme1098
06-06-13, 10:17 AM
Clicking the 'Home' button on you iPad/iPhone is a good way to lose connection with the server probably more times than not. I hate waiting on my avatar to reach every tap I've made, but to me it's worth it not losing items.

TinksThots
06-06-13, 12:44 PM
This might not work for everybody, but it sure does for me. If you want monsters to show up, here's the trick: Try to do something else. Tap all the things you want her to go do, then try to do something else while you wait. Put a sandwich together. You'll get a monster before you get your mayo open. If you just sit and watch her harvesting all that wheat, or watering all those flowers, nothing will happen. If you get up to go grab another soda, or run outside to check the mail, you'll come back to one plot harvested and a monster sitting there waiting. Sneaky little scamps.