PDA

View Full Version : monsters

catlady71
05-29-13, 11:38 AM
since yesterday, when i chop trees the fangbeast is appearing, instead of skunkupines. and when i mine rocks, the skunkupine has appeared, instead of glimmer troll. is this happening with anyone? i was wondering if maybe they changed what action trigger each monster

lotuskat
05-29-13, 11:41 AM
since yesterday, when i chop trees the fangbeast is appearing, instead of skunkupines. and when i mine rocks, the skunkupine has appeared, instead of glimmer troll. is this happening with anyone? i was wondering if maybe they changed what action trigger each monster

I seem to get two different types of monsters for each type of trigger (i.e., crops, trees, mines, etc.). But I have seen fewer glimmer trolls popping up while mining.

maguar
05-29-13, 03:27 PM

Those monsters can appear from those triggers but are rarer. I tend to include the most common monster in the trigger information.

journeysmom
05-29-13, 04:00 PM
Skunkupines have all but disappeared for me..and I need their rat tails!!! Which is probably why I can not summoned them no matter what I plant or do

lotuskat
05-30-13, 08:49 AM
Skunkupines have all but disappeared for me..and I need their rat tails!!! Which is probably why I can not summoned them no matter what I plant or do

They appear pretty frequently for me when I'm harvesting wheat or sugar cane.

Lilipipi
05-30-13, 10:56 AM
I thing the appearance rate depends on what's low on inventory. If your inventory is low on rat tails, skunkupines won't appear when chopping trees and rocks. Now I have a full stock of rat tails, so I get skunkupines when chopping trees and mining rocks again. The only ways to trigger skunkupines when rat tail is low are to plant skunkupine-triggering crops (corn, tomatoes, wheat, or sugar canes) or tending to flowers.

catlady71
05-31-13, 01:28 PM
Those monsters can appear from those triggers but are rarer. I tend to include the most common monster in the trigger information.

thanks, maguar!

catlady71
05-31-13, 01:31 PM
I thing the appearance rate depends on what's low on inventory. If your inventory is low on rat tails, skunkupines won't appear when chopping trees and rocks. Now I have a full stock of rat tails, so I get skunkupines when chopping trees and mining rocks again. The only ways to trigger skunkupines when rat tail is low are to plant skunkupine-triggering crops (corn, tomatoes, wheat, or sugar canes) or tending to flowers.

yeah, maybe. I really need rat tails right now and I'm doing all the skunkupine's crops, chopping trees and what not, and they rarelly appear. fangbeasts appears ALL THE TIME, but i don't need them :(

maguar
05-31-13, 07:44 PM
yeah, maybe. I really need rat tails right now and I'm doing all the skunkupine's crops, chopping trees and what not, and they rarelly appear. fangbeasts appears ALL THE TIME, but i don't need them :(

If you've got valentine animals and plants collect from them as they only spawn lovecupines which drop tails

omniBliss
06-02-13, 11:29 AM
I thinK the appearance rate depends on what's low on inventory. If your inventory is low on rat tails, skunkupines won't appear when chopping trees and rocks. Now I have a full stock of rat tails, so I get skunkupines when chopping trees and mining rocks again. The only ways to trigger skunkupines when rat tail is low are to plant skunkupine-triggering crops (corn, tomatoes, wheat, or sugar canes) or tending to flowers.

Ah-ha, I think that is true too. I've been low on rat tails (under 10) the last 2 days and the trees that I count on to pop out skunkupines have only been giving my fanged beast. This is the second time I've noticed this; it happen to me two weeks ago. Ur on to something.