PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! A Golden Apple

bjuiil
05-29-13, 11:17 AM
I've been playing this game for possibly 2-3 months now and have had that Pigglesworth challenge unfinished for so long. I've had well over 20 golden nuggets and eggs each, but no apple. I got an apple tree from an adventure over a week ago and have been plucking as many apples in hopes of getting the 'golden one' as the magic garden was not so magical for me.

A few minutes ago, I plucked from the apple tree and all I got were points - I thought "what the H, not even 1 apple!" (I sometimes get 2). Moments later, I saw the 'golden one'. I had to look twice because I thought I was seeing things.

Now, I can finally complete Piggie, but I kind of want to hang on to my apple until I get another one.

/I know this sounds funny and weird, but it took about 3 months for this apple and I'm not ready to let it go just yet. Maybe tomorrow.

RotomGuy
05-29-13, 11:22 AM
Don't worry about sounding weird, I'm still Gold Apple hunting :)

Just expanded to the Magic Garden though so hopefully it decides to be nice when I eventually activate it.

omniBliss
05-29-13, 12:15 PM
No it doesn't sound weird... I've come across others (and experienced it for myself) that say, when you have an item in your inventory it seems like you are likely to get more of that random drop (like golden apple, nuggets, troll essence, etc).
Could be a mind thing tho, ha!

OpeningCeremony
05-29-13, 12:30 PM
congrats!! i know what you mean about wanting to not let go. that's how i felt about the special items that came with Princess Sabina's questline, so i made extra magic scissors (we got to keep the 1st one) and extra stout axes.
but in regards to the golden apple, i think you should claim your sir piggie!! he drops a lot of goodies and don't worry you'll get another golden apple eventually. sir piggie can give you 5 gems, energy recharge, wisp lantern, enchanted block/beam, etc!! but i'm hanging onto all my gold supplies instead of exchanging them at the royal exchange for gems. i figure i'll accidentally just waste the gems anyways.

bjuiil
05-29-13, 02:10 PM
I'm so tempted to get that little piggie - maybe I'll wait for a couple more apple tree rewards before I give in. I think it'll be so funny if I hoard this and the minute I give in and retrieve the piggie, he gives me a whole bunch. I hear you on the wisp lantern - that's a pain to manufacture.

I always had an abundance of coal and thought it was the most useless until I started creating lanterns - now I can't seem to have any in stock.

journeysmom
05-29-13, 02:24 PM
.....but i'm hanging onto all my gold supplies instead of exchanging them at the royal exchange for gems. i figure i'll accidentally just waste the gems anyways.

That is exactly what I am doing! Right now I am not desperate for gems (have a few 'other game quests near completion), and those golden items are just rare enough that I want to hoard them. The golden apples drop the best and I have maybe 50...wish those were an item we could gift!

careyland
05-29-13, 09:58 PM
Use the apple and get pig. He randomly gives u items. I have even gotten gems from him!

bjuiil
05-30-13, 05:15 AM
I gave in last night and used to apple only to have to wait for feedings until he's fully grown. I've fed him strawberries and he's given me a lantern. Not a bad gift at all. Any more goals for him - do I need to stock up on anything?

Lilipipi
05-30-13, 10:51 AM
No. No more goals with regards to Sir Piggles.

QueenCarolyn
06-01-13, 04:03 PM
I'm level 30 and can't even get an apple tree. I did get an orange tree from a quest once.

aimeeq
06-01-13, 04:14 PM
That was the rarest drop golden wise for me until recently. I only the exchange that required it raraely, i had one left a few days ago, started noticing more golden eggs dropping. I looked at my inventory and now have 4 golden apples. Maybe they increased the drop rate? Of course I have only had one full energy increase from Sir Pig and that was months ago, when it first started doing it.

aimeeq
06-01-13, 04:17 PM
Oh, I also noticed magic fruit seems to dropping more? I'm hoping it's them hearing our complaints and being responsive.

Queenzod
06-01-13, 04:17 PM
Oh, go for Mr. Piggies! I like him! He does pump out lots of lovely things and he ripens every hour.

bjuiil
06-02-13, 06:27 AM
I've received so much from piggie, I'm glad I got him. Truffles, lemon, orange, you name it. It just bugs me when I collect from him and all he has is bacon - lol. But he's a good little piggie.

Kay_LaLa
06-13-13, 02:20 PM
I keep getting gold nuggets and apples but have only seen one egg! How are you all getting the eggs?

vchanhs
06-13-13, 04:04 PM
I keep getting gold nuggets and apples but have only seen one egg! How are you all getting the eggs?

I have over 40 golden eggs. You will get more if you collect from chickens too. I do that a lot for roasted chicken and normal eggs.

stormtracy
06-13-13, 08:59 PM
I have harvested enough apples to bake 5 pies already and not ONE golden apple. This is ridiculous. Surely it should not be taking this long to get a golden apple?

vchanhs
06-13-13, 09:13 PM
I have harvested enough apples to bake 5 pies already and not ONE golden apple. This is ridiculous. Surely it should not be taking this long to get a golden apple?

I was able to make about 15 pies before I see my first golden apple. Some others takes around 30 pies. Hope that put everything into perspective.

yummyyamis
06-17-13, 10:50 PM
I feel your pain. I'm in level 27, have the magic garden and 2 apple trees & still haven't recd a golden apple. What am I doing wrong? I have received over 50 regular apples but no golden apple. I'm desperate! Want Sir Piggy! Any tricks or advice?

minndom
06-18-13, 03:39 AM
I got the golden apple after about 200 red ones. This comes down to luck and patience.

dove82
06-18-13, 08:12 PM
dove 82. I am the same,unless you buy a Apple Tree with Gems, which will take months & months Or buy the Gems with real $, we haven' a hope of getting a Golden Apple.

ghjvcucjb
06-18-13, 08:46 PM
Don't lose hope! I got my first golden apple from the Magic Garden. I eventually used gems to purchase an apple tree but that was because I needed reg apples. But didnt get a golden from it until months later. Now I get golden apples from several places including adventures, hatcheries and the apple tree. My suggestion would be to collect regularly from the magic garden, have two hatcheries and when you can get an apple tree.

minndom
06-18-13, 10:30 PM
Only after a week since the first golden apple I got a new one yesterday. This came from the Magic Garden.

dala12
06-18-13, 11:50 PM
I agree, you must buy one apple tree.

TwinklesMom
06-19-13, 12:40 AM
I had the same issue with finding golden apples. It seriously takes way too long. You think they do that on purpose to get the impatient people to spend real money to skip needing it. I really like everything else about the game!!!

sst112883
06-19-13, 09:35 AM
I got the golden apple from the magic garden after the first 4 or 5 times from collecting from it.
Don't worry about sounding weird, I'm still Gold Apple hunting :)

Just expanded to the Magic Garden though so hopefully it decides to be nice when I eventually activate it.

minndom
06-25-13, 01:23 AM
I cannot believe this, I just got my third golden apple. I got the previous one less than a week ago?! (yup, no such luck with wing or shards)

dontwaitupxx
07-10-13, 11:01 PM
Level 27. Four months of game play. Over two months of owning the secret garden. July 9th 2013 marks the first day a golden apple was dropped. About time. Sheesh.

dragonflyagk
07-12-13, 10:59 PM
So what can we use the golden apples for? The only thing I have seen so far is to trade them, along with golden eggs and nuggets, to get gems.

Has anyone come across any other ways to use them?

justk9188
07-12-13, 11:42 PM
1st use is buying Sir Piggy,
2nd use is trading with Baron.
I've seen those 2 use of golden apple so far :).
There's a time when you have more golden apple than golden nugget, and unable to trade :(

JayUK69
07-13-13, 05:55 AM
I've got 5 built up in my inventory and used about 10 previously doing trades. I get quite a few apples and eggs, but the gold nugget is so hard to get, I currently only have 2.

rosewaterlily
07-13-13, 02:39 PM
I've gotten three golden apples this week, which must be a record because sometimes I go months without getting one. The ratio of golden eggs compared to apples and nuggets is way out of proportion for the golden trade though. I have 12 apples and 36 nuggets, which is the 1:3 ratio required, but 53 eggs whereas only 2 eggs are required. I collect from chickens a lot more often because I need the eggs and roast chickens, but still. I've spent quite a few nuggets upgrading buildings, whereas the golden eggs are only used for upgrading hatcheries. Need more uses for golden eggs.

greywagtail
02-02-14, 10:51 AM
I am up to my limit in apples. Does this mean that no golden apples will drop from the tree? I've been making the pie to keep below 99 apples but would rather use these resources elsewhere

Queenzod
02-02-14, 02:34 PM
I am up to my limit in apples. Does this mean that no golden apples will drop from the tree? I've been making the pie to keep below 99 apples but would rather use these resources elsewhere

The golden apples will still drop even if you're full on red apples. You'll just get the extra coins if there's no golden apple.

greywagtail
02-02-14, 03:07 PM
Thank you Queenzod. Hope I get the golden apple soon:(

Queenzod
02-02-14, 03:24 PM
Thank you Queenzod. Hope I get the golden apple soon:(

They are very slow in dropping! I only have 32 of them and I've been playing about a year. Of course I had my tree in storage for about six months before I realized I wasn't going to get any golden apples if it wasn't out to be collected from. My stupidity sometimes amazes me. ;)

my607
02-02-14, 09:33 PM
I got apple tree yesterday from doing adventures. Good luck

carolinarain
02-03-14, 02:11 AM
Sir Pigglesworth is a great investment! Golden apples seem to be the toughest to come by, in my experience. I'm actually maxed out on golden eggs (I've had 99 for a long while). Golden rocks are a bit more difficult than the eggs, but not as difficult as the apples. Maybe because I collect from my chickens so often, who knows.

However, wanted to toss this tip out there for those who aren't aware...you can get a golden apple from the other fruit trees. I got one from one of my other trees once. I can't remember if it was one of my orange trees or one of my lemon trees, but I got it, so now I harvest all of them even when my stock is full on all 3 fruits so I can try for a golden apple. I think maybe the odds are highest for the apple tree? Who knows, but I definitely remember that I once got a golden apple from my orange or lemon tree!