PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Not Working Without Wifi On iPhone

salsurra
05-29-13, 08:37 AM
My WiFI card is not working and thus I cannot connect to wifi. I only get data. I took my phone to the Apple store and they confirmed this with me. I'm not able to get a new phone for another couple of months so I've got to live with this, but I want to play Dragon Story. For some reason, if WiFI is not turned on, the Dragon Story doesn't work. Apple had this issue listed on their docs for known apps that DO NOT WORK without WiFI card and thus I cannot play the game. I've been playing for over a year now and I had built up quite a bit of dragons, but now I've not been able to log in for over a month now.

Can you please update the app so that it works without the WiFi card?

All of my other Storm8 games work just fine, but that one doesn't work. I'd really like to play again and don't want to wait until I get a new phone just to play this game.

RotomGuy
05-29-13, 09:15 AM
None of the TeamLava games are meant to work without wifi, it's needed for all the neighbour stuff.

I too wish you could play it without wifi, just disable the neighbour activities.

aceblade
05-29-13, 09:28 AM
Sometimes I've had issues with Wifi on my iPhone, so I've disabled it to run in "3G mode" and I've had no problems running Dragon Story and visiting other Islands.

esmeetje1990
05-29-13, 09:28 AM
None of the TeamLava games are meant to work without wifi, it's needed for all the neighbour stuff.

I too wish you could play it without wifi, just disable the neighbour activities.

Not true, you should be able to play without WiFi too. I play Dragon Story all the time when I'm not within WiFi reach and it just uses my data then.

Hope it can be fixed for you! Otherwise, maybe someone has an old iPod Touch you could borrow and transfer your game to?

RotomGuy
05-29-13, 10:11 AM
Not true, you should be able to play without WiFi too. I play Dragon Story all the time when I'm not within WiFi reach and it just uses my data then.

Hope it can be fixed for you! Otherwise, maybe someone has an old iPod Touch you could borrow and transfer your game to?I do as well, but sometimes the app kicks itself and starts processing and won't let me play.

kooky panda
05-29-13, 10:20 AM
My WiFI card is not working and thus I cannot connect to wifi. I only get data. I took my phone to the Apple store and they confirmed this with me. I'm not able to get a new phone for another couple of months so I've got to live with this, but I want to play Dragon Story. For some reason, if WiFI is not turned on, the Dragon Story doesn't work. Apple had this issue listed on their docs for known apps that DO NOT WORK without WiFI card and thus I cannot play the game. I've been playing for over a year now and I had built up quite a bit of dragons, but now I've not been able to log in for over a month now.

Can you please update the app so that it works without the WiFi card?

All of my other Storm8 games work just fine, but that one doesn't work. I'd really like to play again and don't want to wait until I get a new phone just to play this game.

I have an iphone 5, and when I turn off my wifi, I can play on cellular.

You will need to either be playing on wifi or cellular.
I am not sure what you mean by you wifi card? What specific apple device do you play on?

salsurra
05-29-13, 02:34 PM
Thanks all for your advice.

My phone is the 4s. My WiFI card is broken. I've got no wifi no matter where I'm at and only get data and the tab is grayed out. I can't even launch the Dragon Story app. Every time I try to open it, it just crashes and doesn't open. At the Apple Store they had this listed as a known issue for Dragon Story. According to them, this is one of the only games that doesn't work when the Wifi card is broken and they specifically listed Dragon Story. All of my other Storm8 games like Resturant, iMobsters, and Racing Live all work just fine. This one app is the only app that I've got that I cannot use any more and it's really frustrating because it should work with or without Wifi enabled. It's not that my Wifi is turned off, but rather the Wifi is broken and that seems to be the issue with Dragon Story. Apparently, unlike the other apps, which still work when there is no Wifi, the Dragon Story app doesn't work.

I really wish they would update this app and fix it so that people that have grayed out Wifi can still use it.

salsurra
05-29-13, 02:34 PM
How did you do this? Is it a setting in the admin or do I need to get into the app to do this?

salsurra
05-29-13, 02:35 PM
"Sometimes I've had issues with Wifi on my iPhone, so I've disabled it to run in "3G mode" and I've had no problems running Dragon Story and visiting other Islands."

How did you do this?

kwhales
05-29-13, 02:47 PM
I have a iphone 4 and my game works off of wifi (if available) or 3G.

scottyhaha
05-29-13, 07:28 PM
"Sometimes I've had issues with Wifi on my iPhone, so I've disabled it to run in "3G mode" and I've had no problems running Dragon Story and visiting other Islands."

How did you do this?
Go setting click on wifi them turn it off then go back click on general then click on cellular then turn on cellular data and 3/4g.

scottyhaha
05-29-13, 07:31 PM
Ps: make sure you know your data plan try not to go over

salsurra
05-30-13, 05:07 PM
Go setting click on wifi them turn it off then go back click on general then click on cellular then turn on cellular data and 3/4g.

Okay, I looked at that and yes my cellular is turned on and my Wifi is still grayed out, which means I cannot open or play the Dragon Story app. I really wish they would give this an update. This is the only app that I can't use with GRAYED OUT WIFI. Apple Store is aware of this issue and has this Dragon Story app listed as known app issues that don't work with GRAYED OUT WIFI. According to Apple, the WIFI card in my phone is broken. I need to get a new phone. I am going to get one in July when my renewal comes up, but I've not been able to open or play Dragon Story for almost a month now and it looks like there will be no way to play it unless there is an update to the app that allows it work with GRAYED OUT WIFI. All of my other Storm8 games work, but this one app doesn't work. I would think that such a big app and game company would have figured out something to fix this issues, but apparently, that is not a concern for them.