PDA

View Full Version : Gems

paisleysug
05-27-13, 05:07 PM
Hi, I'm new at this game and was wondering how to acquire gems without buying them. Any tricks or tips would be appreciated!

Christiana12345
05-27-13, 05:43 PM
U can do contests in the forums, goals.

andromedablack
05-28-13, 03:34 AM
When you order an item of a catalogue you can see a bar with a number above it, when you get to level 2 and 4 you get 1 gem.So if you keep ordering each catalogue can give you 8 gems. :) Maybe it sounds like taking a lot of time and the income is small but with a little patient you'll get over 100 gems,I have 120 from mastering catalogues now. :)
And of course complete all the goals that give you gems,when TL introduces a new game you'll have a goal to download it and if you do they award you 6 gems, and after that they ask you to get to a certain level to get 3 gems. :)
I hope I helped!

CuteTali
05-28-13, 04:05 AM
The best way to earn gems in this game is get any catalogues you can to level 2, which gives you a gem, and then again to level 4, which gives you another gem. I think I remember seeing it somewhere on forums that you can earn up to around 600 gems just mastering all catalogues.

paisleysug
05-28-13, 06:36 AM
Thank you! I never even noticed anything in the catalogue referring to the gems. I always feel so rushed to order stuff, lol, I will now take notice of the gems and try to master the cataogue!

cicitiny
05-28-13, 10:05 PM
How come mine one got no bars at all :( pls help. I don't even know which level I'm at in the catalogue

kooky panda
05-29-13, 05:16 AM
How come mine one got no bars at all :( pls help. I don't even know which level I'm at in the catalogue
You need to be on I think level 8 before you will see the bar to be able to master your catalogs.

linp825
05-31-13, 09:42 AM
Getting gems this way (earning by mastering catalogues) takes FOR-EV-ER... thats how they make their money...making it so that if u want to do box tries (24 gems a pop) really the thing to do is BUY them...thats what they r in biz for people. Oh yeah, and not everyone gets gems on sale. Only select players ...so if u r one of the players who doesn't get gem sales, hope u have lots of extra $ to spare, bc have fun "earning" 49 gems just to get one ordering slot, 20-40+ gems for certain displays, 30+ gems for the nice avatar outfits. U couldn't really do all that without buying. But bless u if u have that much time and patience!

cicitiny
06-01-13, 07:59 AM
I just lost 49 gems by accidently tap on the extra ordering slot :( n I'm new here too I'm very very sad now going to buy gems anymore, ridiculous

cicitiny
06-01-13, 08:00 AM
Plus I just bought the gems today as well :(

chelsaevalentine
06-02-13, 11:56 AM
why doesnt everyone get gems on sale =o thats weird, i always seem to get them on sale o.o and yea the catalog thing takes a while...sometimes i wanna buy gems but eh... this game has a lot of work that needs to be done on it.

Vertigina
06-02-13, 09:16 PM
There should really be an "Are you sure you want to purchase _____ with gems?" option or some other confirmation popup when buying gem stuff. I remember when I accidentally bought a chest while I was scrolling.

Nope that was a few minutes ago, and I wanted to save those hard earned gems to expand my boutique too. :P

Screw you TeamLava for taking our gems against our will!!!

jewelfang
06-02-13, 09:35 PM
I accidently purchased 10k coins TWICE with gems very early in the game (20 gems lost), almost made me cry, but I learned my lesson. I always click carefully, and read before I click anything now. I have not accidently spend gems since then, and with luck and continued carefulness, I hope I never will.
Also, I don't buy gems. It takes time, sure, but mastering catalogues to lvl 2 isn't too hard, 4 takes much longer, but it will happen anyway as you play the game. I think the key to enjoying this game is patience, and playing it for the long run. I may one day purchase gems, but for now (lvl 61), I'm doing fine with what I've earned from goals, downloading other Teamlava games, and mastering catalogues. I have purchased numerous counters and racks for gems, one display at 45 gems, and am ready to buy another display now.

soclassymom
06-03-13, 02:56 AM
My daughter never bought gems and has around 4 displays purchased with gems she owned by mastering and doing goals and she is level 47 with 58 gems left and a lot of catalogs not been mastered