PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to RS:Memorial Day?

newwavegirl87
05-27-13, 10:42 AM
I'm playing on an Android device, and I have a question about this "upgrade." Is this really an upgrade to my existing restaurant, or is it just a new game?

In other words, will I have to start over at the beginning, or will I still be at the same level with the same $ and gems?

newwavegirl87
05-27-13, 11:09 AM
I sort of answered my own question ... I installed RS:Memorial Day, and I am at the same level there as in the previous version. I also noticed I was actually playing RS:Cinco de Mayo and not just the original RS.

It seems I now have 3 versions installed: RS, RS-CdM, and RS-MD.

So now I have a different question ... what is the difference in these 3 versions? They seem to have the same options and recipes. And more importantly, if I uninstall the CdM and MD versions, will it delete my progress?

minidemon88
05-27-13, 11:14 AM
The only difference is the surrounding buildings. You can delete the other 2 older versions if you want and continue playing on the newest edition version. Don't worry, your game progress is saved in the server.

newwavegirl87
05-27-13, 12:57 PM
excellent! thanks!

spydre
05-28-13, 11:05 PM
Delete the older versions - if you are on an android device, when you go to settings, apps, and pull up the info on that particular app, it will tell you which version it is. Only keep the current version, or sometimes your updates on other stuff won't "save to the correct location", so your automatic update won't save. Found that out the hard way when I had three versions of RS, two versions of BS, and I think 2 versions of DS.

nky1111
05-29-13, 12:10 AM
if you launch two at a time they obviously won't be able to save your progress. so be sure to quit them, not switch apps. Actually they have some special items in each, altho in the recent editions it's only 2-3 items or so. halloween and christmas had lots of special stuff. so I keep all ofthem and archive unused ones,don't delete completely.to b able to access the stuff later.