PDA

View Full Version : Perception.

Takiofallen
05-27-13, 08:18 AM
So it's been a year since i first pick up this game and walked through the world of dragon story. While the public is split on the changes it is simple to say that the game has come a long way. While i could sit here and give you a chronological lay out of the events in the past year, this would become long and draw out which would make this pointless. So i will be brief and straight to the point.

We have received everything we have asked for in the game and more. The only one true request they have decided to ignore is a confirm button. We all know why and it is what it is.

The one complaint that has been a daily theme is habitat increase. Everyone wants the ability to breed every dragon and house them comfortably. It's a goal that people set for themselves and feel tremendous joy when they achieve it. Because most feel this way this issue is the root of all other problems. Adding the direction that TL has now taken, people feel overwhelmed with the amount of dragons. 2 or more a week, some dragons you have to buy or be lucky win. Now they are harder to breed because of the new dragon breeds all split so it's takes a lot of gold or weeks to breed all of them.

Now lets take a look at how i see things. I love that there has been no habit increase, it forces diversity. Outside of the decoration factor every island looks the same. Excluding Diamond lovers most people house the same dragons.This rule is actually for older players we have had the time to collect most if not all the Gen1 Dragons and half or more of the knew ones.

If you look at the knew players islands the ones who have been playing for 2 months there islands are drastically different. They have to make a choice. Ok lets see.....pink or black or light....... wait cosmic........no no no no those mythic dragons are cool.........ahhhhh but there are those basic rare and super rare hybrids i want that are leaving....... wait what you want to talk about a diamond dragon???????

It's enough to drive a new player crazy but it forces them to not think about all the dragons, just get the ones you like. It's those islands i like to see because you actually get to see that persons individuality. I have seen an island where the person has breed every pink dragon twice. I have also seen an island with 3 and 4 of each crafted dragon.(not pink or black).

If you can't collect all the dragons you have to pick a theme and go with it. So i can see themed islands pink and black or diamond and light, Mythic and Fairy. Some themed decorations and wow. It would be great if TL increased the storage space to a reasonable price. I mean ok charge gold but add in a coin price. 30 million a slot.

Tl is headed in the right direction, it has given us enough content to complain about while consistently adding knew features. There was a time when the magic dragon was a mysterious breeding combo. We have gone from element to fairy dragons. We have gone from no gold sales to 2 a week. It's been a long ride but i have enjoyed most of it.

I like the way i see things....

(Rant for the year)

yayacupcake
05-27-13, 08:51 AM
I like diversity too, but I'm a collector foremost. And Android as well. I'm missing a plethora of dragons just based on that fact which limits what I can do. Would I absolutely love to decorate and showcase only the dragons I like? You betcha. But I need money, and I keep as many dragons as I possibly can waiting for trading, which clutters up my islands immensely. I don't have Dragon Stables but really wish I did so I could store the ugly dragons ( namely Easter and Ice Cream ). Maybe if TL gave me the facilities to get all the dragons and to store / trade away the one's I don't like, then my island will look really nice and not so cluttered...

hamadrys
05-27-13, 09:12 AM
I try to get all the dragons and I try to make my island look unique in the way I decorate or group my dragons together.
I have a secondary account started a little bit ago, where I am going with a theme : garden/nature type dragons only. It is a hot mess right now as the cash to expand and clear is really high, but eventually, it will look great.

Baraze
05-27-13, 09:20 AM
There is a confirm button. And I'm a lucky pumpkin to have it. Otherwise as much as I need a habitat increase to house all ky diamond babies, I can make do with what I have and put some hybrids in the gold habitats. I don't see why some islands have to choose what type of island they have. The difference is in the layout and the fun of knowing you easily got a dragon someone else have been trying months to obtain. Some islands are unicorn, diamond, infinity and dark angel hoarders.

Everyone should do what they like and remember this is just a game. Yes, they have been improving the game with not, not giving us something every week. Considering the flaws, too much of a good thing can be bad. I'd rather to perfect what we have, before giving us so much that we forget the bad.

kwhales
05-27-13, 10:28 AM
There is one change they have made and I for one am not too thrilled with it. It is the splitting of colors. Ok, I understand that colors will split. It makes the game more interesting and money for TL. But do they have to split so much? It gets very aggravating when you have to try and try for one dragon. Yes it slows the game down but I think TL is over doing it.

NouraMoh
05-27-13, 10:29 AM
I try to get all the dragons and I try to make my island look unique in the way I decorate or group my dragons together.
I have a secondary account started a little bit ago, where I am going with a theme : garden/nature type dragons only. It is a hot mess right now as the cash to expand and clear is really high, but eventually, it will look great.

I'm doing the same!
This is my main account where I have collected all dragons
On my other island I'm gonna go for just ultra rare dragons or maybe just the cute ones! Haven't decided yet.
And like yours, it's a mess right now but I'll get it done eventually :)

rusticjess
05-27-13, 03:46 PM
I only keep dragons I like, and some I don't like in case I will need them for breeding. I sold my seabreeze, life, a scorpion, my only athletic, a parakeet, eagle, and a few others. I might be getting rid of my super too, just because I think it's a very silly looking dragon. I don't want to collect them all, I just want the ones I like.

kooky panda
05-27-13, 03:54 PM
You can add your feedback for each topic you mentioned on one of the current threads.