PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Themes 4 Every Month!

letthemusicmoveyou
05-26-13, 09:01 AM
Hey Guys! So, on Restaurant Story (And Bakery Story) I come up with new themes for my Restaurant every month, but lately, i haven't been feeling so creative, so i was wondering if any of you guys could help me think of some themes for the next few months, Oh, and try to make the theme have something to do with the month, like for June I'm doing a Backyard BBQ, and for July i might do something beachy, Also, i do not want to spend tons of gems on whatever theme im doing.

Others: Level 43, Restaurant Name; Elactic Eats, ID:Letthemusicmoveyou

~Thanks! ;)

jopazz
05-27-13, 02:46 PM
I'm surprised you have so many views and no suggestions!

It's kind of hard to suggest themes for the months themselves because they get repetitive. Beach theme can be for any summer month, same with the BBQ. Some random themes that don't have anything to do with the months exactly:

Nautical (ocean theme, there's a host table with a ship's steering wheel) You could do a version of this where half of your restaurant is a dock, and half a canal with a boat in it. I've done a version of this, and it looks neat!

Garden theme - easy and common, for any spring or summer month. You can make it special and unique if you color theme your gardens, or stick to just asian gardens, or water gardens, etc. There's also several new items to use from recent updates.

Resort - kind of like in a spa or fancy hotel. Secluded eating areas by pools and fountains.

Diner theme - easy to do with only coins if you have enough, but there are also some pretty good coin items that add to the look.

Disco/vintage - did this in a tiny corner when I couldnt think of anything else to do. Turned out to be really fun, and with the light boxes and light bar wallpaper that just came out, it would definitely be unique.

Sport's bar - several coin items for this as well, and any of the more masculine colors work, like orange, red, green, and yellow.

Movie theater - this is the theme of half my restaurant right now, made possible by the curtains added in a recent update. Several cool box items to add to the look if you have them gems (I dont :p)

Country/Rustic - using things from various updates that arent so polished. I loved the western theme, was just heartbroken that the best things for it were for too many gems. Did it anyway, really enjoyed it and I haven't seen anyone else really try it.

ultra-modern - make everything sleek and futuristic. Some good items from past updates to mix and match, and also a futuristic box if you're interested.

wedding theme - not sure if you are male or female so this one may not be for you. I did a small wedding and reception in my bakery for Valentine's and I absolutely loved the way it turned out. I think it could be done in RS too.

Medieval - doable, but kind of difficult if you dont have some of the box items from renaissance box. Still it looks really good, when I first started I saw 1 or 2 really interesting ones.

Color themed - pick a color combination and do the whole place with it! The most visually appealing places I've seen stick to 3 colors max.

Asian- there is always this one. There is so much Asian content, that it's easy to do and make look good. Also several different boxes. You can even have a sub theme, like an asian garden, or just a sushi place, or a very formal asian place. Lots of ways to make it look good.

I would look at pictures of real restaurants that you like and see what you can do to make the same atmosphere. That's what I do! You won't ever have all the items you want, but you can give yours the same "feel".

Good luck, and I'd love to have you as my neighbor to see what designs you come up with!

Oliver118
06-03-13, 11:01 PM
Themes? You could have:

Futuristic-Many decor was released, along with chest, but the chest makes it not the best idea in the world
Ocean-There were lots of ocean stuff released like the Magic Shell, Clam chair etc and also a Navigator Host Table was released
Asian-Lots of Asian stuff was released, like the Modern Asian table and chair etc.
China, Japan (Far East)-You could include some Action Chef content in this category, like a few Penjing Trees at the back with some Soothing Waterfalls around, Action Chef appliances on one side with counters

Oliver118
06-03-13, 11:10 PM
Mixed-You could have mixed decorations, some of the themes really fit together, like the Movie theater and Vintage theme and Rustic, Magic underwater world fits in with beach etc.
Newest-You could stick to the newest themes like Modern Bistro, Gran-Gran, Vegan-Patio theme, Movie Theater etc. Also Gran-Gran goals are easy to complete so you shouldn't struggle with that
Seasonal-Or you could stick to the Spring/Summer themes going on at the moment, the Spring goals aren't too hard, you should have everything by now, also it's good as the newest theme would really help you unless you're a low-ish level like me:p