PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update 5-29-13

OpeningCeremony
05-24-13, 02:01 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7341&stc=1&d=1369894594

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/da6de6cf-d318-4ae8-96fb-befa7e4d5984_zpsf63f0d57.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/da6de6cf-d318-4ae8-96fb-befa7e4d5984_zpsf63f0d57.jpg.html)

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone! We've talked with the team again and the Green Nozzle has been added to the Gifting menu. It should be appearing at the end of the list, right next to the Pastels. You may need to force close and restart the app for it to update. Let's get those Vegan Stoves built! :)

New Teaser

http://i.imgur.com/wMC8CDt.png

Your customers will love the Patio Counter in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!

sarahdobie
05-24-13, 02:44 PM
Wow is there anything else

sugarmilkppm
05-24-13, 02:48 PM
Fill it up with water & you've got a sweet hot tub! There's probably more, the Friday previews only show 1 item & isn't always a good indicator of the update. Lately it's Tuesdays they update their blog with screenshots that depict a better variety of what the full update has.

minidemon88
05-25-13, 01:00 AM
Fill it up with water & you've got a sweet hot tub! There's probably more, the Friday previews only show 1 item & isn't always a good indicator of the update. Lately it's Tuesdays they update their blog with screenshots that depict a better variety of what the full update has.

LOL! It does looks like a hot tub if you pour water in it. Haha..

dstew1973
05-25-13, 01:46 AM

LOL! I was thinking it looked like a laundry hamper. ;) :D :p :rolleyes:

meme1098
05-25-13, 10:17 AM

That's the first thing that came to mind for me, too.

cherryberry9
05-25-13, 10:29 AM

Heyy! Your right.

05-29-13, 11:00 AM
The update is out. We have a new vegan stove, spring chair, patio table/chair and I've no idea what else.

05-29-13, 11:01 AM
Oh a spring cough thingy for 24 gems

ChickieCago
05-29-13, 11:01 AM
I don't know if it's just me - but there is no GREEN NOZZLE to gift my neighbors.

LindaWW
05-29-13, 11:04 AM
...and the stove costs $60,000???? Where am I? Bakery Story?

OnCloudDivine
05-29-13, 11:08 AM
What are the specs on the stove? How many of each part, etc.

ChickieCago
05-29-13, 11:09 AM
What are the specs on the stove? How many of each part, etc.

8 green nozzles & 12 pastels

ChickieCago
05-29-13, 11:11 AM
Still no Green Nozzles for a gift option - come on TL, this is not really cool to have to rely on just requesting the parts.

minidemon88
05-29-13, 11:11 AM
The green nozzle is missing from the gifts selection.

carabellexo
05-29-13, 11:47 AM
Here are the recipes.

Oliver118
05-29-13, 11:53 AM
Cool! The updates look cool! I'm gonna buy them right away!

05-29-13, 11:57 AM
Here are the recipes.

Those fruit kabobs look like they were freeze dried and shipped over from Cuba.

jzk2012
05-29-13, 12:00 PM
Gross.
Where's the meat? Lol

minidemon88
05-29-13, 12:04 PM
Gross.
Where's the meat? Lol

No meat available. It's a vegan appliance.

cortnylyn
05-29-13, 12:09 PM
oi no green nozzle to start with and why so many pastels? I wish TL would recycle materials that we have like they did in the past. Like blue nozzle then 12 pastels ah well hope they get it fixed soon.

lotuskat
05-29-13, 12:38 PM
I actually like the recipes :)

Vera545
05-29-13, 01:07 PM
Parts to build the new oven are ...... green nozzle and pastels.....

BUT...... I Can Only Gift Pastels.....cannot find green nozzle !!??

KittyLucky
05-29-13, 05:01 PM
Help !! I dont have green nozzle in my gift option. How can i gift my neighbors ???

bobbyrae
05-29-13, 05:28 PM
Just send them pastels. They can send out requests for the green nozzles.

nmishii
05-29-13, 05:29 PM
TL is working on adding the Green Nozzle to the list of gifts. Meanwhile, send your neighbors Pastels. They're going to need more of those anyways.

People can get Green Nozzles by requesting them from the constructable.

The impact of not having green nozzles for a short period is minimal.

bigbux3
05-29-13, 05:41 PM
I don't like this update. :(
Where are the decorations?!

And the new couch doesn't really look like it belongs in Restaurant Story. Maybe Home Design. It's too small.

cherryberry9
05-29-13, 06:25 PM
I don't like this update. :(
Where are the decorations?!

And the new couch doesn't really look like it belongs in Restaurant Story. Maybe Home Design. It's too small.

Yeah I agree.

knittedcupcake
05-29-13, 08:43 PM
As a vegan, I am over the moon about having a vegan stove, but...? Um...? Well...? The food doesn't look appetizing at all! Wow! I have never eaten anything that looks as unappetizing as the foods this appliance makes. What a slap in the face.

knittedcupcake
05-29-13, 08:46 PM
Gross.
Where's the meat? Lol
Meat is gross and gross looking. Looks like an autopsy! Hahaha

I will admit this food looks totally heinous. The TL staff really dropped the ball. They made that zucchini soup from earlier this year look like a Halloween freak out food, too.

OnCloudDivine
05-29-13, 09:45 PM
As a vegan, I am over the moon about having a vegan stove, but...? Um...? Well...? The food doesn't look appetizing at all! Wow! I have never eaten anything that looks as unappetizing as the foods this appliance makes. What a slap in the face.

I'm curious, what would you have suggested as vegan oven recipes?

knittedcupcake
05-29-13, 10:46 PM
I'm curious, what would you have suggested as vegan oven recipes?

Goodness, lots of things! And the items this oven makes are not necessarily bad ideas, it's just that they were drawn in a way that makes them look nasty. It's almost as if the person in charge of the art wanted them to look gross because he or she has a prejudice against vegan food, or something.

As for my suggestions, anything omnivores make can be made in a vegan version. Cakes, pancakes, omelettes, crepes, bacon, burgers, pasta dishes, even things like creme br?l?e.

As for my own suggestions... Hmm... Well... Tons of stuff! Stir fry, BBQ seitan on French rolls with vegan cole slaw, Moroccan tagine, Ethiopian dishes, pasta dishes, tofu fried "eggs" (fun to make, but can be time consuming), vegan chicken and dumplings, grilled tofu kebobs, teriyaki seitan rice bowls.... I don't know---lots of stuff. The list is endless.

villeroy
05-29-13, 10:55 PM
As for my suggestions, anything omnivores make can be made in a vegan version. Cakes, pancakes, omelettes, crepes, bacon, burgers, pasta dishes, even things like creme br?l?e.

As for my own suggestions... Hmm... Well... Tons of stuff! Stir fry, BBQ seitan on French rolls with vegan cole slaw, Moroccan tagine, Ethiopian dishes, pasta dishes, tofu fried "eggs" (fun to make, but can be time consuming), vegan chicken and dumplings, grilled tofu kebobs, teriyaki seitan rice bowls.... I don't know---lots of stuff. The list is endless.

Ya I agree, as a vegan too~ there are lots of vegan dish!

But I can't see the pic, can anyone post again?

carabellexo
05-29-13, 11:17 PM
Ya I agree, as a vegan too~ there are lots of vegan dish!

But I can't see the pic, can anyone post again?

Here you go.

CuteTali
05-30-13, 06:01 AM
Goodness, lots of things! And the items this oven makes are not necessarily bad ideas, it's just that they were drawn in a way that makes them look nasty. It's almost as if the person in charge of the art wanted them to look gross because he or she has a prejudice against vegan food, or something.

As a vegetarian, I got sooo excited to see a vegan oven, I didn't think twice and bought it right away, despite the ridiculous price of 60,000 coins for just 1 appliance, then I noticed it takes 20 items on top of that price to even build it, but alright I just wanted to see what yummy dishes it had.

I got disappointed to see those weird recipes. I don't know where they got these ideas, but they made it look as unappetising as possible. Fruit kabobs are supposed to be colorful with different types of fruit of different colors and kids adore them at parties here.

Veggie Dumplins don't look like that, but I guess they tried, but parsnips? hmm... I'm hoping they add more veggie dishes to this oven, it costs too much and takes many pieces to assemble just to tease us like this with just a couple of recipes. I want a whole entire menu of veggie food, with items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I really liked it when they had chocolate soymilk in bakery story, it's veggie and delicious, everytime I see it, I want to drink some.

knittedcupcake
05-30-13, 07:36 AM
Ya I agree, as a vegan too~ there are lots of vegan

Seriously, right? It's amazing the wide array of vegan foods! People are so misinformed about how vegans "can't eat anything". I really believe the person who drew the art for this new appliance was functioning under that same misconception as well as working under his or her own idea that "vegan food is gross".

The TL team really dropped the ball.

knittedcupcake
05-30-13, 07:54 AM
As a vegetarian, I got sooo excited to see a vegan oven, I didn't think twice and bought it right away, despite the ridiculous price of 60,000 coins for just 1 appliance, then I noticed it takes 20 items on top of that price to even build it, but alright I just wanted to see what yummy dishes it had.

I got disappointed to see those weird recipes. I don't know where they got these ideas, but they made it look as unappetising as possible. Fruit kabobs are supposed to be colorful with different types of fruit of different colors and kids adore them at parties here.

Veggie Dumplins don't look like that, but I guess they tried, but parsnips? hmm... I'm hoping they add more veggie dishes to this oven, it costs too much and takes many pieces to assemble just to tease us like this with just a couple of recipes. I want a whole entire menu of veggie food, with items for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. I really liked it when they had chocolate soymilk in bakery story, it's veggie and delicious, everytime I see it, I want to drink some.

Oh, yeah! The chocolate soy drink in BS was a nice surprise, wasn't it? Yum!

I agree with everything you said. The appliance was a letdown on so many levels, especially considering its price!! Hopefully, there will be other, more appetizing recipes for it at some point. Hopefully someone will find vegan food blogs and use those pictures as inspiration. The What The Hell Does A Vegan Eat, Anyway? blog is crammed full of excellent food photography and ideas for this appliance. Vegan Yum Yum is another good one, so is Chef Chloe's blog and Vegan Stoner's blog. There are many others, too.

As for the roasted parsnips... Haha! I happen to love parsnip oven fries, but certainly wouldn't order just a dish of roasted parsnips in a restaurant, you know? They would be OK as a side dish for a holiday-themed meal, though. Maybe along with other roasted roots like sweet potatoes, purple potatoes, and a few carrots. TL could have made an entire roasted root dish. Or maybe they could have paired the roasted parsnips with something like oven braised, marinated tofu or seitan.

I won't hold out hope that they will read this thread and use our ideas. Lol

knittedcupcake
05-30-13, 08:33 AM
Another idea-----QUINOA!! They could have made breakfast quinoa for this appliance. Breakfast quinoa rocks the house. Heck, even steel cut oats with berries would have been a nice option.

Side note, I make steel cut oats with walnuts, raisins, and cardamom. I love cardamom in just about anything! It pairs wonderfully with chocolate and coffee, too. Just sayin'. Mmmm!

A quinoa salad could have been a good lunch option. Quinoa is super nutritious and one thing that is common among 98% of the vegan community----we are into good nutrition.

lotuskat
05-30-13, 09:22 AM
The Fruit Kebabs look as appetizing as the radioactive Zucchini Soup!

CuteTali
05-30-13, 09:53 AM
The Fruit Kebabs look as appetizing as the radioactive Zucchini Soup!

Hahaha my thoughts exactly.

They could do a whole appliance of nothing but tofu food, like veggie soy patties, veggie burgers, veggie chicken nuggets, veggie hot dogs, spinach nuggets, tofu stir-fry, grilled tofu and veggie kabobs, soy shawarma (however that's spelled), grilled veggie burgers. I think I could eat just about anything as long as it's made out of tofu.

Something positive though, I really do love the way this oven looks, the gold coils like easy oven, combined with pink and light green looks so cute.

Knittedcupcake, I'm gonna have to go look up all those websites you recommended. I hate cooking, so I just throw stuff together, never following any recipes, since most cookbooks always have animal products in them anyway. Now I am curious to see what other veggie people eat, and how they put their meals together instead of just snacking.

kooky panda
05-30-13, 11:03 AM
Update on the Green nozzle

Thanks for all your feedback, everyone! We've talked with the team again and the Green Nozzle has been added to the Gifting menu. It should be appearing at the end of the list, right next to the Pastels. You may need to force close and restart the app for it to update. Let's get those Vegan Stoves built! :)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/da6de6cf-d318-4ae8-96fb-befa7e4d5984_zpsf63f0d57.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/da6de6cf-d318-4ae8-96fb-befa7e4d5984_zpsf63f0d57.jpg.html)

jcd6963
05-30-13, 12:33 PM
I don't seem to be able to purchase the new Vegan oven. I stored another oven to make room, so that's not the problem. When I scroll through the appliances, it ends with the Action Chef Stove. There is a red arrow to scroll again to the right, but it is darkened out. Any suggestions? Is there some goal you have to accomplish before you can buy it?

Thanks.

lotuskat
05-30-13, 12:47 PM
I don't seem to be able to purchase the new Vegan oven. I stored another oven to make room, so that's not the problem. When I scroll through the appliances, it ends with the Action Chef Stove. There is a red arrow to scroll again to the right, but it is darkened out. Any suggestions? Is there some goal you have to accomplish before you can buy it?

Thanks.

There's no goal associated with the Vegan Oven. In my design menu, the Vegan Oven is the first appliance to show up (way to the left). Try force closing and seeing if it pops up as the first appliance.

indigesta
05-30-13, 01:44 PM
Where do they get these fruit skewers?
No child will approach them!
Dear Team, you can look in San Google: thousands of images with appetizing fruits always!

Have said many wonderful recipes here, I'm not vegetarian nor, of course, vegan, but I love many dishes of them, and some make me crazy as the oatmeal croquettes stuffed with different types of ingredients : with apple and cinnamon, with carrots and almonds, with spinachs...

I hope you continue putting new recipes to this new vegan oven, it is very good idea, superb!!!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7310/3029375124044333140mxxp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/3029375124044333140mxxp.jpg/)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7766/16306pinchosdefrutasrec.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/16306pinchosdefrutasrec.jpg/)

05-30-13, 01:55 PM
I agree, they could have made the recipes much better looking. My 9 year old is a vegetarian so I'm always concocting things for him to each. I reiterate, those fruit skewers look gross. It's a pity they won't put more items on the stove. But I'd love it if they put more recipes out over time that continues this line of thinking.

knittedcupcake
05-30-13, 03:29 PM
The funny things to me about the fruit skewers on that oven is that it's being prepped on an OVEN for one, but the other thing is that when you make the skewers, a CARROT pops up. A CARROT! hahaha Just what kind of carrot goes on a FRUIT skewer? And what happens to that carrot to turn it Creature From the Black Lagoon green after it's been cooked?

CuteTali
05-30-13, 06:23 PM
Where do they get these fruit skewers?
No child will approach them!
Dear Team, you can look in San Google: thousands of images with appetizing fruits always!

Have said many wonderful recipes here, I'm not vegetarian nor, of course, vegan, but I love many dishes of them, and some make me crazy as the oatmeal croquettes stuffed with different types of ingredients : with apple and cinnamon, with carrots and almonds, with spinachs...

I hope you continue putting new recipes to this new vegan oven, it is very good idea, superb!!!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7310/3029375124044333140mxxp.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/3029375124044333140mxxp.jpg/)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/7766/16306pinchosdefrutasrec.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/197/16306pinchosdefrutasrec.jpg/)

I like your fruit skewer pictures, looks very yummy and realistic, this is how they're supposed to look. I don't know why the oven has them exclusively green instead of multi-colored.

007war
05-31-13, 10:20 AM
I have not received these goals. the only goal that shows in my game is Reach an is land in Bubble mania. All my neighbors are asling me for these parts and I can;t do it 'cause the appliance or goal doesn't show in my game. I'm Level 72 Flavors Harbour ID 007war. Please help the same thing happened to me already in Bakery story with the drummer.

chewytwix
05-31-13, 12:28 PM
I have not received these goals. the only goal that shows in my game is Reach an is land in Bubble mania. All my neighbors are asling me for these parts and I can;t do it 'cause the appliance or goal doesn't show in my game. I'm Level 72 Flavors Harbour ID 007war. Please help the same thing happened to me already in Bakery story with the drummer.

There are no new goals. The oven should appear in your appliance menu on the far left. If it doesn't show try restarting your device

spydre
05-31-13, 03:09 PM
Is there a goal or objective that comes with this? Or is this just a new appliance?

spydre
05-31-13, 03:10 PM
NVM my above question. Is this a permanent appliance or is this temporary?

jentamicin
05-31-13, 05:40 PM
I apologise if this has already been raised, but why is it that when you go to cook the dumplings on the vegan stove, the first icon that appears above the stove is an egg??

CuteTali
05-31-13, 05:48 PM
I apologise if this has already been raised, but why is it that when you go to cook the dumplings on the vegan stove, the first icon that appears above the stove is an egg??

Because everyone knows vegan people eat eggs:p /sarcasm

maguar
05-31-13, 06:58 PM

I've reported this over

minidemon88
05-31-13, 09:27 PM
NVM my above question. Is this a permanent appliance or is this temporary?

I'd advise you to buy and build them soon. Caused you never know when TL will remove them away without any notice.

cafecarriee
06-01-13, 10:38 AM
I am having the same issue. I have the nozzles and pastels, but no stove. I closed the app and even shut my iPad off entirely and still nothing.

villeroy
06-01-13, 10:50 AM
Here you go.

Thank you!

villeroy
06-01-13, 11:14 AM
Seriously, right? It's amazing the wide array of vegan foods! People are so misinformed about how vegans "can't eat anything". I really believe the person who drew the art for this new appliance was functioning under that same misconception as well as working under his or her own idea that "vegan food is gross".

The TL team really dropped the ball.

Yes, I think so~
Vegan oven is a great idea, like the other special ovens in RS, we have various kinds of food to cook, I do have fun when I cook! However, these three dishes, hummm, just disappoint me. Badly draw, badly designed, I hesitate to buy it even I like the oven.
Vegan food is not only salad, nor fruit, we have DISHes! We have burger, steak, pizza, sushi........ TL team does need more research before they start design.

villeroy
06-01-13, 11:18 AM
Because everyone knows vegan people eat eggs:p /sarcasm

I laugh !