PDA

View Full Version : Trials and Tribute- Update 5-23-13

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

koiju
05-24-13, 02:54 AM
I have plenty of areas left up expand (even though I'm nearly level 29) - permit and non permit. I just expanded in s non permit spot - no badge

iLLUMI2012
05-24-13, 03:00 AM
At least these trials have hope of completion. I still have yet to get more than a single wing for the Alicorn despite months of knightly quests!
I don't think the Alicorn is coming, just yet. Like Trials and Tributes its a means to get us to keep playing the game.
Missing Alicorn parts might be months away yet. :)

iLLUMI2012
05-24-13, 03:02 AM
I expanded to that new area as suggested in a previous post and got the badge for that task. :)

ashleighncurrie
05-24-13, 03:03 AM
Won't be long before someone uses all their gems to skip this goal because they can't wait to get the reward of a new building

monstermash1
05-24-13, 03:08 AM
I vote that the goals have a hidden counter, like a few people suggested. Also, is it a possibility that the requirements are slightly different for different devices? And nobody answered a question somebody posted that I'm curious about, the people who weren't fully expanded & got the badge, did you guys have only permit expansions left?

I expanded to new area I only had one spot left to expand to (needing trade ticket). Prior to the new spot being opened

Baraze
05-24-13, 03:18 AM
Won't be long before someone uses all their gems to skip this goal because they can't wait to get the reward of a new building

Someone already did.

wassupbaby
05-24-13, 03:18 AM
I should answer my own question. As long as you expand to the newest expansion, you will get the badge. I got it with many expansions that need and don't need permits left. I suspect those that didn't get it expand to the wrong spot.

Thing is i wasnt fully expanded , only 1 expansion that requires permit left. When i clicked expand , there was only one option to expand and after expanding there and the goal didnt register , i clicked expand again and this time it showed me 1 more area to expand. So i had to expand twice to get a badge. :( it pissed me off cuz i cant make permits anymore-.-

lillemy22
05-24-13, 03:52 AM
I got the explorer's badge by expanding to the left corner. And I have more spots to expand. But I did not get the badge straight away. Odd, I got it 1 hour later...

vchanhs
05-24-13, 04:03 AM
Thing is i wasnt fully expanded , only 1 expansion that requires permit left. When i clicked expand , there was only one option to expand and after expanding there and the goal didnt register , i clicked expand again and this time it showed me 1 more area to expand. So i had to expand twice to get a badge. :( it pissed me off cuz i cant make permits anymore-.-

Sorry for asking, but are you sure the expansion you expand to that didn't register the goal is the new expansion just released? I just visited your kingdom but don't think I saw any extra expansion space that I cannot expand to. I believe the expansion that did not register the goal is not the correct one.

vchanhs
05-24-13, 04:04 AM
As to why the correct expansion did not show up initially, I think it could be due to a sync issue.

trust_worthy
05-24-13, 04:15 AM
What if they are achievements instead of goals?
I tried to go look up the achievements for castle story on the Game Center but its missing.
But all the other teamlava games I have are there.
Plus look at the goal icons and the achievement icons they look similar.

amazingbillykong
05-24-13, 04:21 AM
I have a suggestion. (But maybe wrong.....)

First, I have finished the test "Trial of the Explorer".

And some one said we need to visit the neighbors and he did it. But I cant not.

Than I think, is it we only can finish one test for one day?

Please some one tell me, is there anyone have finished two test or more?

wassupbaby
05-24-13, 04:56 AM
Sorry for asking, but are you sure the expansion you expand to that didn't register the goal is the new expansion just released? I just visited your kingdom but don't think I saw any extra expansion space that I cannot expand to. I believe the expansion that did not register the goal is not the correct one.

The new expansion didnt show up untill i expanded to my last expansion. Maybe i should've waited for little bit for new expansion to show up cuz im sure at this time , i had only 1 expansion left and its very close to new expansion so i could've seen it if it were available.

aimeeq
05-24-13, 05:11 AM

Good thought, I guess we will find out today.

nightcat99
05-24-13, 05:32 AM
I have cultivated and harvested one of each crop since the trials appeared and that didn't complete the Farmer's Trial. :-(

bowlfullofcherries
05-24-13, 05:33 AM
Maybe it's something like fifty or one hundred of one crop?

jdelvalle1
05-24-13, 05:34 AM
I should answer my own question. As long as you expand to the newest expansion, you will get the badge. I got it with many expansions that need and don't need permits left. I suspect those that didn't get it expand to the wrong spot.

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

I have a feeling what happened to that player that visited neighbors was what happened to Lillimy, he may have gotten it late & thought visiting caused it (?)
And so far I haven't heard of anyone passing another trial.

I got the explorer's badge by expanding to the left corner. And I have more spots to expand. But I did not get the badge straight away. Odd, I got it 1 hour later...

nightcat99
05-24-13, 05:37 AM
Also, I am using the maximum number of growing squares that I'm allowed and have planted and harvested from each of them since the trials began. This suggests to me that success in the trial is based on a specific, unknown number of harvestings.

bowlfullofcherries
05-24-13, 05:38 AM
I have cultivated and harvested one of each crop since the trials appeared and that didn't complete the Farmer's Trial. :-(

It's important to rule out possibilities. :) We know that's no good, we can move on to some other theory. I like this goal, btw. It's progressive.

(TL, please, please no more buildings without expansions. I'm running out of room here.)

jdelvalle1
05-24-13, 05:41 AM
I was thinking since this is a goal designed to keep us busy it might be both similar to both the Alicorn & the botany quest in that it might be better for those of us that still have a bit to go to completely finish the game to concentrate on doing everything else & in doing so we might complete some these Trials in the process. I mean it seems like it's an add-on to the Thruston goals which most people get to around LV20 or before which means it might be growing, watering, ect. a LOT of times. It's going to feel like it's taking forever for those of us at LV30.

anissada
05-24-13, 05:49 AM
Interesting, my skip is....200

lol, mine is 100

mamamimi2004
05-24-13, 06:09 AM
I also rec'd the Goals yesterday, and hoped that maybe after sending the Knights on an adventure the Goals would "proceed" or unlock, but nothing. Everything still shows 0/1 (skip 100) even after I also expanded to the new spot that was opened yesterday. So I hope I didn't expand too early, as I am now maxed out on Expansion spaces again.

ironbull2
05-24-13, 06:15 AM
Well I was in the middle of the strictly ornamental goal and after I got this new goal have crafted all of the glues, all the way up to magic cement. Still no badge. So unless the badge will populate later, doing that is not the answer.

Also I expanded to the new area and it has been 12 hours and still no badge. I am very sure I did it to the right one too. It had the same requirements and the rock and trees looked the same as the one people had supplied in the pictures.

claver1
05-24-13, 06:18 AM
My skip is on 50..

mystoryzoozoo
05-24-13, 06:19 AM
Well I was in the middle of the strictly ornamental goal and after I got this new goal have crafted all of the glues, all the way up to magic cement. Still no badge. So unless the badge will populate later, doing that is not the answer.

Also I expanded to the new area and it has been 12 hours and still no badge. I am very sure I did it to the right one too. It had the same requirements and the rock and trees looked the same as the one people had supplied in the pictures.

I expanded before I realised a new goal appeared. I'm fully expanded now. When I completed the expansion thurston appeared to tell me I have now expanded everywhere possible.

fino212
05-24-13, 06:25 AM
That's exactly what I didn't like aswell. Why make these items available to make if they're not going to register when the task comes up? I made the cement, embellished block and beam in advance as soon as they appeared in the workshop/potion shop thinking I'd have them ready for when needed but when the task came up it wouldn't register so I had to make more. Bit of a waste of time and materials really

rw70078
05-24-13, 06:34 AM
When I collected armor from the forge the " progress" started blinking. Maybe this is a hint?

loveknots
05-24-13, 06:42 AM
I just expanded and didn't get anything.
Could it be fully expanded?
Maxed out 99 in glue.
Max out 99 in blocks.
Max out 99 in all crops.
Etc...?

tankerslacers
05-24-13, 06:54 AM
One of my 2 Alicorns went missing this morning - anyone else have that happen? I restarted my device, checked my inventory and the Love Shack. I've emailed support at Teamlava, but I thought I'd check if anyone else had the same issue. Yikes! I can't lose my Alicorn!

mamamimi2004
05-24-13, 07:00 AM
One of my 2 Alicorns went missing this morning - anyone else have that happen? I restarted my device, checked my inventory and the Love Shack. I've emailed support at Teamlava, but I thought I'd check if anyone else had the same issue. Yikes! I can't lose my Alicorn!

I have two Alicorns also, and thankfully both are there. Hopefully TL will respond quickly.

vchanhs
05-24-13, 07:12 AM
Just throwing out some ideas. Could trial of the artisan be having all the different buildings at level 5 including the wizard school? This will make it a long term goal as TL wanted. Anyone already have all the different buildings at level 5?

maz3girl
05-24-13, 07:15 AM
I have a golden trade ending in 7 hours. Ill report back. Lol

Golden trade did not trigger anything.

piffle
05-24-13, 07:15 AM
I expanded last night into the new area. During the night the expansion registered in the goal. It is the only goal I "completed." So may just be things are slowly rolling out. The new expansion they added will meet the expansion goal.

piffle
05-24-13, 07:24 AM
I have a permit one left, but used the "new" expansion that appeared that doesn't requite a permit, It is on the upper left side and did give me the expansion goal after a few hours (not immediately.)

maz3girl
05-24-13, 07:29 AM
I vote for the "do x a few hundred times" theory.
And isn't Trial of the trader about receiving/sending gifts? If you read the description it seems more like that than trading at the royal exchange.

That's how I read it, but with only being able to send 5 a day that could take an eternity. lol

When I collected armor from the forge the " progress" started blinking. Maybe this is a hint?

How many armour do you have? I also crafted one yesterday and got no "progress" (I think I may have randomly crafted 8 by now?

I'm thinking along the same lines as a lot of you, in that it is just completing an insane number of tasks over and over again that may trigger it. I got all of my collectable plants and animals out of inventory to collect from and i'm also going to try and max out 99 of every plantable item as well.

meme1098
05-24-13, 07:34 AM
I think you need to do each item X amount if times as well, as I did all the glues I the potion shop and nothing registered.
Just be careful with the plantings then and don't use them in recipes if you're working on the farmer trials since it will decrease your total.
This is more of a chore than game now. Phew!! Already worn out.;)

maz3girl
05-24-13, 07:37 AM
Oh, and i guess maxing out 99 of everything means I have to stop crafting in the meantime. I will do that and report back.

meme1098
05-24-13, 07:41 AM
Oh, and i guess maxing out 99 of everything means I have to stop crafting in the meantime. I will do that and report back.

Yea, I think that's the only way you're gonna find out for sure.

maz3girl
05-24-13, 07:48 AM
meme1098 we were typing the same thought at about the same moment there. ;)

graciemarie1
05-24-13, 07:56 AM
Did you ask him what it does?

My guess is that he revels in the fact that he already has it and eb

graciemarie1
05-24-13, 07:58 AM
My guess is that he revels in the fact that he already has it and eb

Oops...and everyone is still squirming to figure it out. I would ask him but I know that he "purchased" them. It's money baby!

lotuskat
05-24-13, 08:02 AM
Defeated Troll, Fangbeast, and Skunkupine...no badge :( I did get the expansion badge though by expanding into the new square.

idkat
05-24-13, 08:29 AM
Mine is 50 each

My skip is 200 and my wizard school was 300. Do I get the more expensive all the time!

mamamimi2004
05-24-13, 08:36 AM
I just got back in and my new expansion that I did this AM was rewarded with a check mark of the Trial of The Explorer.

idkat
05-24-13, 08:39 AM
Yep,expanded,check!now I've bashed rocks,chopped trees,watering hole,etc-do we have to tend to ALL the various forms of trees,rocks,etc?!(I'm assuming any gem item isn't part of the goal,like fruit trees)

I expanded north west - no trade ticket required, and it satisfied the Trial of the Explorer

lanster123
05-24-13, 08:55 AM
I vote that the goals have a hidden counter, like a few people suggested. Also, is it a possibility that the requirements are slightly different for different devices? And nobody answered a question somebody posted that I'm curious about, the people who weren't fully expanded & got the badge, did you guys have only permit expansions left?
Yes I received the badge and only had permit expansions left. I have not used one permit because I've been saving for the tinker camp.

nightcat99
05-24-13, 08:55 AM
I really don't like these trials. I've been playing since November and the game has always been a pleasant refuge from real life. One of the things I liked about it was the sense that, here at least, I was in control. I arranged my kingdom so that it functioned efficiently and was attractive to look at and I slowly worked towards my goals. Some of them took a long time, but that just increased the feeling of satisfaction when they were achieved. I got a lot of fun from prioritising and planning. Now I don't know what I'm doing and am filled with a vague anxiety. The game is finally starting to feel like something I could do without. The thing is, this isn't the type of game where you think about a puzzle and quickly try various solutions. It could take hours or days to try something out, and if you're wrong, the frustration would be crushing. If no clues appear in the next day or so, I think it will be time to go cold turkey and turn back to the real world again.

lanster123
05-24-13, 08:56 AM
My skip is 200 and my wizard school was 300. Do I get the more expensive all the time!

My skip is 200 as well. It should be the same for everyone!

mom4surex2
05-24-13, 09:04 AM
I really don't like these trials either. The alicorn has been annoying... I got one piece day one and have been waiting on the other ever since, but I can deal with that. Now having new things that seem totally arbitrary just isn't fun. If I have to make 100 feasts just tell me and I will start hacking away. If they are all things we will eventually do anyway, I really don't get the point. I just hate wondering if I need to max things out or do certain combinations of things...that's not fun. Just tell us what it is we need to do so we can get to work. This isn't fun, it makes me feel like the programmers are making fun of us for caring about the game.

claver1
05-24-13, 09:08 AM
I think the badges (trails) work as a random (rare) drop, just like the apple tree from the castle.

Pendragonia
05-24-13, 09:13 AM
I have tried the royal sundae and nothing

For some mission, I will try to follow: 1. Adhesive art: magic cement
2. Feast for royal blood: Royal Sundae
3. Trial of the Adventurer: Search Ancient Cave
4. The Miner: rock the Dark Cave formation
5. Explorer: open up the last plot
And the other will try to do each type
We can pick different option and see the results. Hope to hear from others....

maz3girl
05-24-13, 09:18 AM
Why is everyone's skip amount different? Does it depend on what level you are on? Something else?

HNO3
05-24-13, 09:19 AM
Can confirm, as others mentioned, that making one of each glue does nothing.

lotuskat
05-24-13, 09:36 AM
Why is everyone's skip amount different? Does it depend on what level you are on? Something else?

It's random. I think TL wants to test out gem costs to see what the market for them is like.

roosfamily
05-24-13, 09:59 AM
I really don't like these trials either. The alicorn has been annoying... I got one piece day one and have been waiting on the other ever since, but I can deal with that. Now having new things that seem totally arbitrary just isn't fun. If I have to make 100 feasts just tell me and I will start hacking away. If they are all things we will eventually do anyway, I really don't get the point. I just hate wondering if I need to max things out or do certain combinations of things...that's not fun. Just tell us what it is we need to do so we can get to work. This isn't fun, it makes me feel like the programmers are making fun of us for caring about the game.

I completely agree with you it's no fun for me spending hours to figure out what I have to do. I'm sad cause I loved the game a lot.

islandvivi
05-24-13, 10:07 AM
I just got the update, beat a foe. Tended land, collected from a journey...nothing happened

knyberg
05-24-13, 10:20 AM
One day with new trial, have tended evey animal, crafted different items, cooked, collected from all buildings and.... Nothing! Confused! But also intrigued ��

rocnhrd
05-24-13, 10:36 AM
The questions with each trial is in past tense "have you tended" "have you built" etc. a trial is usually what has happened and maybe there is a number associated with each trial that when that number is reached a tribute will be given. I am not going after these as previous tasks, but just keep enjoying the game and if I get a tribute it will be a good bonus.

mamareader02
05-24-13, 10:39 AM
Would really like to know if the Knights hall DOES anything!im not gonna get stressed about this "have no clue how to do"goal if its just a building that gives coins

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 10:43 AM
Can personally confirm the following as others ave already posted:

Brewer: made all glues, pastes and cement...nada
Chef: made all feasts...nada then
Made all other main meals...nada

In the middle of Farmer and Miner and will report back later. But doesn't look good to me.

Last night was thinking about the other TeamLava games I played for gems and realized that the one thing they all have in common (with the exception of castle story) is random rewards when you do X amount of things. Ex: in fashion story you get bonuses and higher rating for ordering X amount of a certain item, although it doesn't show up in the goals list. But maybe because this is a new feature TeamLava decided to put it in goals so everyone knows its there. In any case after today, if there isn't more directions given, I'll probably go back to what I was doing before T&T appeared. Don't want this awesome game to turn into a chore.

rainy_blues
05-24-13, 10:45 AM
I happen to do a expansion n it says I unlock/ complete the trails of explorer.

meme1098
05-24-13, 10:48 AM

I'm getting frustrated with this too, as no progress is being shown for anything I've done for the last 5 hours this morning and no telling how many hours yesterday. The trial should at least show some progress, even if its just 1%, after completing some actions associated with it. It'll be forever til I'll be able to complete explorer trial since I just expanded to the troll kings pit and am battling him now.
Can someone at TL explain why no one is seeing a progress count on any of the trials?

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 10:49 AM
The questions with each trial is in past tense "have you tended" "have you built" etc. a trial is usually what has happened and maybe there is a number associated with each trial that when that number is reached a tribute will be given. I am not going after these as previous tasks, but just keep enjoying the game and if I get a tribute it will be a good bonus.

Too be quite honest, I find it slightly irritating that Thurston has the nerve to ask me this. YES Thurston, I HAVE tended, built, crafted, cooked, feed, water, cleaned, brought home the bacon and fried it up in a pan! He appears to be completely oblivious to what I do to keep this kingdom running smoothly so he and all the other characters can wonder peacefully around a safe well cared for kingdom!!!

mom4surex2
05-24-13, 10:53 AM
I'm getting frustrated with this too, as no progress is being shown for anything I've done for the last 5 hours this morning and no telling how many hours yesterday. The trial should at least show some progress, even if its just 1%, after completing some actions associated with it. It'll be forever til I'll be able to complete explorer trial since I just expanded to the troll kings pit and am battling him now.
Can someone at TL explain why no one is seeing a progress count on any of the trials?

I think if we wanted to play a puzzle game, we'd be the people playing the stupid hidden object games or a lot of the other "here is a door and a ball figure out what you should do" games out there. We don't though, we play a cute game with castles and potions and crops. We love having goals to work toward, but if I wanted to solve a mystery I'd play a different game. I think they need to realize their audience before I hit the x and finally stop playing after months and months of enjoyment.

meme1098
05-24-13, 10:53 AM
In any case after today, if there isn't more directions given, I'll probably go back to what I was doing before T&T appeared. Don't want this awesome game to turn into a chore.

I'm feeling the same way right now. Need to know exactly what's expected for T&T so I know what is required, otherwise it's just another item in the list for me.
So TL, why can't you give us some idea or clue as to what needs to be done here. There are over 300 posts already.

OpeningCeremony
05-24-13, 10:54 AM
i think it's pretty obvious that we have to complete each task a certain amount of times. but it's hard to determine which tasks within each category and how many times. since this goal was designed to be for the long-term, the amount of times for tasks will probably be high. except for the explorer badge, which seemed to register after expanding once to that particular new plot. also with the 'progress' blinking for that goal, seems like as we play the game as we normally do, we are accumulating progress towards one or some of the badges. i probably should've kept a log of my activities, but that'll just take too much work :p so i'm just gonna play like normal and hope that things start to check off. i guess i have to plant things i normally wouldn't and cook and craft things that i don't normally make. at least the slayer and mining trial seems pretty straight forward

Hey everyone! Our creative Castle Story team crafted this set of trials for you all to figure out. It's meant to provide you with a long-term and challenging experience. We'll leave the popcorn for later, but we're definitely very interested in your feedback! :)

meme1098
05-24-13, 10:57 AM
Too be quite honest, I find it slightly irritating that Thurston has the nerve to ask me this. YES Thurston, I HAVE tended, built, crafted, cooked, feed, water, cleaned, brought home the bacon and fried it up in a pan! He appears to be completely oblivious to what I do to keep this kingdom running smoothly so he and all the other characters can wonder peacefully around a safe well cared for kingdom!!!

Haha ...thanks for that tongue in cheek comment. Really needed that with all the frustration at this point. And like mom4surex2, if I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd be there doing it right now.

caketester88
05-24-13, 11:09 AM
Haha ...thanks for that tongue in cheek comment. Really needed that with all the frustration at this point. And like mom4surex2, if I wanted to play a puzzle game, I'd be there doing it right now.

Yes, too true. I'm not wasting energy, randomly doing things, to try to figure out what counts towards the goal. I'm disappointed really as it's fun to get a new goal, but this one I will ignore. If I eventually complete it just from getting on with what I am doing then fine, but I'm not actively trying for it.

lotuskat
05-24-13, 11:12 AM
It's odd that Thurston knows about the Trials and Tributes but not what you need to do to overcome them! He's rather useless. Where's Old Thomas and his books when you need him?

1Murphy1
05-24-13, 11:12 AM
Same here exploring the caves right now

joylogan
05-24-13, 11:15 AM
happens?, I can not complete the goals

joylogan
05-24-13, 11:16 AM
happens?, I can not complete the goals, I do not know what to do

1Murphy1
05-24-13, 11:18 AM
I see by the screen shot above all the skips show 50 for you. Strange mine shows 100 gems for the skips. Why is it double?

wassupbaby
05-24-13, 11:26 AM
Decided to comeback to do things that i was doing. I already made all possible things but nothing works. So i see no point in making more random things and try not to get myself frustrated because of this :|

Elen4070
05-24-13, 11:28 AM
I just expanded and didn't get anything.
Could it be fully expanded?
Maxed out 99 in glue.
Max out 99 in blocks.
Max out 99 in all crops.
Etc...?

Im thinking it is something like that...

joylogan
Lava team must be laughing at us, because we are like crazy trying to figure out this puzzle

joylogan
teamLava must be laughing at us, because we are like crazy trying to figure out this puzzle

Elen4070

Theres a thread about missing alicorns. Several users have had that happen... Sorry it happened to you

Tarcisia55
05-24-13, 11:32 AM
Decided to comeback to do things that i was doing. I already made all possible things but nothing works. So i see no point in making more random things and try not to get myself frustrated because of this :|
I'm doing the same, going back to normal, going to adventures daily, continuing expanding (I have just 1 plot left) and I will forget about the trials and tributes as I forgot about the alicorn.
I think, TL got new programmers, who used to work at puzzle games
I play games because I love to play, but I do not play to get frustrated

Elen4070
05-24-13, 11:33 AM
I really don't like these trials. I've been playing since November and the game has always been a pleasant refuge from real life. One of the things I liked about it was the sense that, here at least, I was in control. I arranged my kingdom so that it functioned efficiently and was attractive to look at and I slowly worked towards my goals. Some of them took a long time, but that just increased the feeling of satisfaction when they were achieved. I got a lot of fun from prioritising and planning. Now I don't know what I'm doing and am filled with a vague anxiety. The game is finally starting to feel like something I could do without. The thing is, this isn't the type of game where you think about a puzzle and quickly try various solutions. It could take hours or days to try something out, and if you're wrong, the frustration would be crushing. If no clues appear in the next day or so, I think it will be time to go cold turkey and turn back to the real world again.

I totally undstand you. I have some issues like a fear of responsibility and such, and having this game where i know stuff will be ready in a specific time, and i can work through goals and it details exactly what to do, it helps me calm down and work towards it, with a great sense of achievement when done... Te trials, well, i will just ignore them, honestly, until i know what they are about or they happen by themselves. Luckily im still working in the sabina quest so i have goals to do yet, plus i do want to max out on everything cuz im ocd like that.

joylogan
05-24-13, 11:37 AM
I'm doing the same, going back to normal, going to adventures daily, continuing expanding (I have just 1 plot left) and I will forget about the trials and tributes as I forgot about the alicorn.

you are right, living guessing that's crazy, you have to keep playing normally

meme1098
05-24-13, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone ... Now I know that I'm not the only one here that's frustrated with these goals. I'll be going back to actually playing the game and enjoying it, and just putting this on the back burner. It's at the bottom of my goals so I won't have to see every time I open the goals unless I scroll down to it.

mizarian
05-24-13, 11:42 AM
I totally undstand you. I have some issues like a fear of responsibility and such, and having this game where i know stuff will be ready in a specific time, and i can work through goals and it details exactly what to do, it helps me calm down and work towards it, with a great sense of achievement when done... Te trials, well, i will just ignore them, honestly, until i know what they are about or they happen by themselves. Luckily im still working in the sabina quest so i have goals to do yet, plus i do want to max out on everything cuz im ocd like that.

Totally agree!!!

mom4surex2
05-24-13, 11:43 AM
I only have this and the alicorn, so it would be nice to have something to work toward other than building upgrades and 4 expansions I have left. ��

mizarian
05-24-13, 11:44 AM

Totally agree!!!

1Murphy1
05-24-13, 11:52 AM
My skip is 100 each

mizarian
05-24-13, 12:01 PM

I dislike trials and tributes too.
I think is TL programmers who should feel frustrated... I'm going to ignore this "update" until they improve explanations about how to deal with them.

Have a nice day players!

petal209
05-24-13, 12:11 PM
I'm with ghjvcucjb-I'm just going to play and not fixate on this new, mysterious goal.

penguin801
05-24-13, 12:15 PM
Well, not that I mind the new challenge, but I have already been challenged by playing faithfully and never getting the Allicorns wing to complete that goal (except for three days out of town, I have played faithfully). I have assumed that my chances for it ended weeks ago and that the goal is dead. I also lost a goal by 10 minutes once because I ran out of time just before I was done collecting. No one likes to play a game where you can ne'er do well. I expect you will find higher frustration levels and more quitters among those who can't check their games frequently. Please remember to make sure to keep a balance of doable goals.

Not quitting,
penguin801
Hickory Grove

mommy1951
05-24-13, 12:34 PM
I agree with so many of you here, I started this game thru the Dragon Story as a goal there 6 months ago, I gave up on the Dragons as I had reached the highest level, so here I am completely loving Castle Story, but I had hoped for more expansions, I am out of room, I want the Royal Chateau and so close to getting it, but no room. So I was thrilled with the update and a new expansion slot, I am also at level 30 here with no higer levels to go to. So I wait, wait for more space, wait for a higher level, and ready for my last building.. A bit disapointed in this last Goal of Trial and Tribute, but hanging in there anyway. Will continue on and if something good happens so be it, if not, then i will wait.. One more thing.. I just loved the comment about Thurston, he does have a lot of nerve come to think of it. :) LOL

addme6789
05-24-13, 12:50 PM
Wonder why
my goals cost 100 gems to complete? Also I get 30 energy max and my friends is always 40!?? Seems like our games are totally different as far as gems and energy. When I collect from the unicorn is says 40 energy but only gives me 30. Uhhh

meykaboo
05-24-13, 12:53 PM
Ok so I'm over this, I'm just going to ignore it like I do the alicorn :/

CottageRose
05-24-13, 12:55 PM
Me three. :) I don't mind puzzles with adequate clues, but arbitrary quantities are not something that can be deduced without mind-numbing tracking, trial and error. I am going to ignore this goal, until more information is available.

I have no other quests, so I will continue collecting resources, crafting items and doing daily adventures. I enjoy taking care of my carefully designed kingdom, moving little pieces around once in awhile. My purple cow used to lurk beside my theater, but now she lives behind Ivy's tree house. As the mood strikes, other small changes may happen from time to time. Some day in the not too far distant future, I hope we will have more enjoyable quests.

M4dmuffin
05-24-13, 12:56 PM
I agree with so many of you here, I started this game thru the Dragon Story as a goal there 6 months ago, I gave up on the Dragons as I had reached the highest level, so here I am completely loving Castle Story, but I had hoped for more expansions, I am out of room, I want the Royal Chateau and so close to getting it, but no room. So I was thrilled with the update and a new expansion slot, I am also at level 30 here with no higer levels to go to. So I wait, wait for more space, wait for a higher level, and ready for my last building.. A bit disapointed in this last Goal of Trial and Tribute, but hanging in there anyway. Will continue on and if something good happens so be it, if not, then i will wait.. One more thing.. I just loved the comment about Thurston, he does have a lot of nerve come to think of it. :) LOL

I 100% agree with you!
I also level 30 with every builiding 2 times (if possible) I have 96 tickets and almost the Tinker Camp (I have already the Royal Chatau). After that I only need 2 more expansion plots (with tickets). I have 1 spot free for the tinker camp but after that absolutely no room left. I can't even make a "real" kingdom with some nice decorations, trees, walking roads or some room between buildings -> not looking good.

Almost every level 30 player have this problem!
Please more room so we can make beautiful looking kingdoms :)

Btw I also have the "Expansions Badge" with still 2 expansions plots (with tickets) needed...........but so far no other badges?

HNO3
05-24-13, 01:15 PM
I 100% agree with you!
I also level 30 with every builiding 2 times (if possible) I have 96 tickets and almost the Tinker Camp (I have already the Royal Chatau). After that I only need 2 more expansion plots (with tickets). I have 1 spot free for the tinker camp but after that absolutely no room left. I can't even make a "real" kingdom with some nice decorations, trees, walking roads or some room between buildings -> not looking good.

Almost every level 30 player have this problem!
Please more room so we can make beautiful looking kingdoms :)

Btw I also have the "Expansions Badge" with still 2 expansions plots (with tickets) needed...........but so far no other badges?
Why not put some of your duplicate coin buildings in storage and use the space to make a nice layout. Do you really need 2 of everything?

anissada
05-24-13, 01:16 PM
sorry to inform you, i had the same problem with a valentine chicken and a carriage.. both disappeared and all i hot back from TL on y complaint.. sorry, we cant do anything about it! quiet disappointing. as more things, like how easy we loose gems by clicking just a bit to fast twice on the dame place.. beginning to dislike this way of playing now..

rw70078
05-24-13, 01:16 PM
How many armour do you have? I also crafted one yesterday and got no "progress" (I think I may have randomly crafted 8 by now?

I'm thinking along the same lines as a lot of you, in that it is just completing an insane number of tasks over and over again that may trigger it. I got all of my collectable plants and animals out of inventory to collect from and i'm also going to try and max out 99 of every plantable item as well.

I only have 1 armor (I had just used my others on the quest)

HNO3
05-24-13, 01:45 PM
Just noticed that the trader trial has a new description: "Have you learned the art of exchange?"
So it's definitely the exchange, not neighbor gifts.

lotuskat
05-24-13, 01:47 PM
Just noticed that the trader trial has a new description: "Have you learned the art of exchange?"

Good eye! So TL is monitoring our chaotic flurry of posts and saw that some of us thought it mean trading gifts with neighbors. Now only if TL would shed a bit more light on what we're supposed to do with the rest! It's odd that the Expansion trial only required one expansion while the others seem to require a lot more work.

SuriChic
05-24-13, 02:08 PM
I think that T&T in Castle is not the kind of goal we are used to getting. I think it can be compared to the COLLECTABLES, which can be earned in Restaurant and Bakery Story. These can be earned by ...X times preforming certain actions. So i will continue playing the game the same way i used to. Those badges will be earned eventually.

Melany77
05-24-13, 02:09 PM
I have a few theories that i'm trying out. Let me know what you think :)
I think these trials have a magic number that you need to complete. For the expansion, x numbers of expansion plus the new plot. Most people get it because they've expanded enough.
So, for Chef badge:here's the description "Prepare feasts fit for royal blood?"
Key word: feasts. So you make feasts. What feasts? royal blood. In the kitchen, the "royal sundae" is fit for kings and queens. So answer: sweet feasts. You make 5, 10 or some numbers of sweet feasts.
What do you think?

Melany77
05-24-13, 02:12 PM
Similarly, for Trader trial, you have to have x number of exchanges. Make that 10, 20, or 30. Something probably reasonable.
My guess is you continue doing what you normally do and eventually will get it.
They even clarified some goal. Like the artisan now clearly says "wood" and "stone". My guess: craft 99 wood, 99 stones. You normally craft them anyways.

mystoryzoozoo
05-24-13, 02:13 PM

The artisan description has changed too, now hints to wood and stone. (Originally referred to "built with hands").

0813hawaii
05-24-13, 02:16 PM
Why is everyone's skip amount different? Does it depend on what level you are on? Something else?Different areas of the country pay different amounts. Some of my Canadian neighbors paid 120 gems for wiz school, I paid 200 and some Aussies paid 300! Teamlava says they are doing testing to find the ideal costs for things. castle Story is considered a work in progress and not a perfected game! Level has nothing to do with it! Good luck!

HNO3
05-24-13, 02:17 PM
Good eye! So TL is monitoring our chaotic flurry of posts and saw that some of us thought it mean trading gifts with neighbors. Now only if TL would shed a bit more light on what we're supposed to do with the rest! It's odd that the Expansion trial only required one expansion while the others seem to require a lot more work.

They probably had no choice, because of the people who were fully expanded. They would have had to release a bunch of expansions otherwise. They did make it as tricky as they could because you have to do THAT specific expansion. (I'm ignoring that trial for now because I have lots of cheaper, more useful ones to do)

HNO3
05-24-13, 02:22 PM
The artisan description has changed too, now hints to wood and stone. (Originally referred to "built with hands").
Yay, glad it's not buildings. Hope it's just beams and blocks, not decorations.

Melany77
05-24-13, 02:26 PM
For the farmer badge, I planted and harvested 10 of each different crops. Didn't work. I'm now planting and harvesting to get 99 of each crops. Will report back. But I think it may just be planting and harvesting a huge number of crops, regardless of types. For example, plant and harvest 1000 times. Something like that. Again, I think if you continue doing what you are doing normally you will eventually get it. It's a longterm goal. Let me know your feedback. Thanks

lotuskat
05-24-13, 02:32 PM
For the farmer badge, I planted and harvested 10 of each different crops. Didn't work. I'm now planting and harvesting to get 99 of each crops. Will report back. But I think it may just be planting and harvesting a huge number of crops, regardless of types. For example, plant and harvest 1000 times. Something like that. Again, I think if you continue doing what you are doing normally you will eventually get it. It's a longterm goal. Let me know your feedback. Thanks

Yup, that's what I'm doing now. Kinda like the Alicorn quest. I did try bashing to smithereens a Dark Cave Formation to see if the mining badge would unlock, but no luck. I still needed the silver anyway. :)

addme6789
05-24-13, 02:36 PM
I'm wondering the same thing! My sister plays and we live 5 minutes from each other. For example her energy max is 40, mine is 30! If I collect from the unicorn is say 40+ energy but I only get 30. It's unfair. Same thing with the gems

HauntedMemories2
05-24-13, 02:36 PM
Maybe the guy who did the Mayan calender and the guy who began uploading the new quests are on vacation together.
:-/

karena3391
05-24-13, 02:39 PM
I completed the Trial of the Explorer by expanding to the new square that became offered with this quest. No trade tickets required, but 11 lanterns and 145,000 coins.

I tried this, and nothing :(

eastie41
05-24-13, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone ... Now I know that I'm not the only one here that's frustrated with these goals. I'll be going back to actually playing the game and enjoying it, and just putting this on the back burner. It's at the bottom of my goals so I won't have to see every time I open the goals unless I scroll down to it.

Hi! I agree with you. ;)

wassupbaby
05-24-13, 02:51 PM
Now the only thing i want to know is : who got the knights hall ? :P i want some info about the building :S

eastie41
05-24-13, 02:56 PM
I enjoy Castle, it seems that earning the badges will be connected with completing tasks X number of times.

I feel that trying to figure out and test out the 'trials' are distracting from the game, if there is no connection to a quest line and goals. Is this now a puzzle game? I'm not sure that we asked for a puzzle. I've tested a few things(plants,crafting too) like everyone .... not worth wasting my limited energy right now. I like the goals and quest-lines, that's why I play. (In case TL wants any feedback).

ajax1964
05-24-13, 03:23 PM
Honestly, I'll finish the these whenever I do. I am the guy that finished all the last update the first night, so clearly I'm a "motivated" CS player. This just isn't worth the stress, I play this to relax. That being said I look forward to any insights you guys get along the way. Sitting on the sidelines this time.

mystoryzoozoo
05-24-13, 03:28 PM
Now the only thing i want to know is : who got the knights hall ? :P i want some info about the building :S

A nbr who skipped the trials tells me it does have building requirements and can be upgraded.

rengirl1978
05-24-13, 03:32 PM

FYI, while it's a pretty building, it is worthless! Worse than Old Thomas' House! I wish I hadn't wasted trade tickets on it, honestly.

rengirl1978
05-24-13, 03:33 PM
I saw a mention back quite a few pages that we can send 5 gifts a day?! Is this true? I can still only send 3.

mystoryzoozoo
05-24-13, 03:36 PM
I saw a mention back quite a few pages that we can send 5 gifts a day?! Is this true? I can still only send 3.

Still 3 for me. As of this morning. I've always sent 1 at a time. So when I've done 3 the gift icon fades out.

1Murphy1
05-24-13, 03:39 PM
Just received new goal from Thurston, Trials and Tribute but unable to figure out how to accomplish it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Trial of The Adventurer
Trial of The Brewer
Trial of The Chef
Trial of The Artisan
Trial of The Farmer
Trial of The Nurturer
Trial of The Miner
Trial of The Explorer- Complete an expansion
Trial of Trader
Trial of The Slayer

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/ceeayecee/42c4fe0e4be9f7e569c5dc0139a7ce8d.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/ceeayecee/7f7ccf54526d93ea52a3440cd2dfa95d.jpg
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff169/ceeayecee/b29ed3a8a51e324835aa11e6f134fd8f.jpg

Also an locked item:

http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7110&d=1369342023 (http://forums.teamlava.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7110&d=1369342023)

Just curious, I'm from Calif, USA. Level 28, seems to be either your level or where you are playing from, that determines different costs for things. We all know by now the first players to play this game have a advantage of a 40 energy,cap while the rest have 30. Future players may have 20, who knows. Just enjoy the game. I'm glad they are still adding , since I'm so close to level 30.

mymummy789
05-24-13, 03:53 PM
I think that T&T in Castle is not the kind of goal we are used to getting. I think it can be compared to the COLLECTABLES, which can be earned in Restaurant and Bakery Story. These can be earned by ...X times preforming certain actions. So i will continue playing the game the same way i used to. Those badges will be earned eventually.

I agree. I will just continue to plod on and am sure that eventually I will get the badges. Hopefully by then there will be more expansions available for me to fit in the new building!!

Tarcisia55
05-24-13, 04:10 PM
I have a few theories that i'm trying out. Let me know what you think :)
I think these trials have a magic number that you need to complete. For the expansion, x numbers of expansion plus the new plot. Most people get it because they've expanded enough.
So, for Chef badge:here's the description "Prepare feasts fit for royal blood?"
Key word: feasts. So you make feasts. What feasts? royal blood. In the kitchen, the "royal sundae" is fit for kings and queens. So answer: sweet feasts. You make 5, 10 or some numbers of sweet feasts.
What do you think?
Sound perfect, but...... Can TL add a progress meter to that goal? at least to let us know that we are on a correct track

seascape9
05-24-13, 05:16 PM
Sound perfect, but...... Can TL add a progress meter to that goal? at least to let us know that we are on a correct track

I agree, however, when I have a progress meter it never works!

maguar
05-24-13, 05:40 PM

You'll see info in this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?52272-Alicorn-disappeared!!!-Help!!)

I think it's random each time

Wonder why
my goals cost 100 gems to complete? Also I get 30 energy max and my friends is always 40!?? Seems like our games are totally different as far as gems and energy. When I collect from the unicorn is says 40 energy but only gives me 30. Uhhh

TL trials different amounts with different groups to work out a standardised price. If your friend was an original tester that's why they're at 40. If not they're in an energy trial group. The alicorn refills energy, you get 30 as that your max and they get 40 as that's their max.

sugarzen6
05-24-13, 05:44 PM
Like many of you, I'm just continuing to play as normal and let the badges come as they come. Unfortunately, when they do come, I will get no pleasure from them since I will have no idea why I'm getting them and no sense of earning them. I'm at level 30 and have completed all of the tasks so having a new task to work toward would make the game more fun. I'm happy for an update but having random badges awarded to me for no obvious reason seems to negate the work the developers put into the update.

ElysianFieldz
05-24-13, 06:02 PM
Did everyone get the new building - cuz I didn't. Nor is it storage

ElysianFieldz
05-24-13, 06:05 PM
And I'm Nowhere near fully expanded lolz

sugarzen6
05-24-13, 06:33 PM
The new building is under the 'buildings' and 'featured' tabs and locked by a goal.

graciemarie1
05-24-13, 06:33 PM

The new building is locked until you complete the new quests. It's in your buildings tab, at the end.

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 06:40 PM
Thank you TeamLava for giving us a little bit more of a hint on the T&T goal this morning. Ahem, Don't want to sound greedy but could you maybe give us a little bit bigger hint, maybe bigger than a teaspoon? Or even a neon sign that pops up telling us "warmer" or "colder" whenever we're even close to the items? I mean, I like popcorn too but there's only so much laughing at us you guys can do before you pull a muscle or something...pretty please w/a skunk less pie on top!

graciemarie1
05-24-13, 06:55 PM
I can't help but notice how many complaints there are about how much it costs to skip a goal. Again.
"Mine is 200. Mine is 100. Mine is 300." BLAH BLAH BLAH.
Seriously, why would anyone wish to continue playing if their goal is to SKIP goals? Have fun with them. Get on the forum to pass along ideas and share achievements.
I do not believe skipping a goal should be an option.
Enjoy the ride. It's just a game.
I'm just sayin' ��

midnightmeerkat
05-24-13, 07:25 PM

I agree that a progress meter would be great

midnightmeerkat
05-24-13, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by SuriChic

I would like for it to be a lot more like the collectibles in RS and BS. Then you could see what you got the badges for and I LOVE finding treasure

jovanisto
05-24-13, 07:46 PM
I am fully expanded (no more expansions) and got the explorer badge.

jovanisto
05-24-13, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure you need to send you knights on one of each adventure to get the knights badge.

midnightmeerkat
05-24-13, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure you need to send you knights on one of each adventure to get the knights badge.

And it may not be just 1 of each, it might be 3 or 5 or ?.....

musicteacher22
05-24-13, 08:54 PM
I think you are spot on! That's how I'm treating it! Even tho I'm at level 29, I have taken time o upgrade every building as igo, so I still have tons to build and expand to. So imagine I'll finish these new trials as I go! I love it!

goldensed
05-24-13, 08:57 PM
I'm going to try for the artisan goal and build a well tonight. It's the only item in the workshop that just uses wood and stone (and money) and it is something people have always built with their hands. Might work!

musicteacher22
05-24-13, 08:58 PM
Just throwing out some ideas. Could trial of the artisan be having all the different buildings at level 5 including the wizard school? This will make it a long term goal as TL wanted. Anyone already have all the different buildings at level 5? I do, I have upgraded everything as I've gone. I'm at a level 29 but haven't built or expanded everything out there yet, I think my two sawmills and school are the last items upgraded at a 4. And I'm working on them right now. So maybe that'll give me a head start o that trial!! 😀

musicteacher22
05-24-13, 09:01 PM
Really, just keep playing the ame as you do, and I bet the trials I'll fall into place! And that'll be a pleasant surprise! That's how I'm treating it 😀 after reading the TL quote, I good with that!

kaleighboone
05-24-13, 09:05 PM
The only thing is what if you make 99 stones and 99 wood and you need to use them for fancy beams and things? Does that count as progress or do you have to make your inventory full of 99 each.

kaleighboone
05-24-13, 09:07 PM
can someone quote what TL said about the goal? can't find the post.

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 09:18 PM

I believe the quote the poster was talking about is on page 17, post #165

ghjvcucjb
05-24-13, 09:19 PM
The only thing is what if you make 99 stones and 99 wood and you need to use them for fancy beams and things? Does that count as progress or do you have to make your inventory full of 99 each.

Ive been wondering the same thing

bluebird5555
05-24-13, 09:25 PM
Just an FYI...I was feeling frustrated that NOTHING was happening as I just played along:(. No new badge, no progress, nothing!! So I turned my phone off and on and when I opened CS, it was flashing "progress". I have no idea what "progress" I made, but it did give hope that I was making "progress". I think other players are correct that if you just keep playing, you earn the badges as you go. That's actually kind of nice since you can look forward to getting an unexpected surprise now and then:)!!

HNO3
05-24-13, 09:25 PM

I doubt it's about just having wood and stone, the wording suggests its about making things with it. Whether that means just beams and blocks, or also decorations, we don't know yet.

maguar
05-24-13, 09:41 PM

I've put it in the first post

ElysianFieldz
05-24-13, 10:09 PM
Looked there 2 - maybe it will pop up when rest of goals pop up too - saw someone else's did it that way - just wanted to make sure I was looking for it in all the right places Thanks
EF

cathymart11111
05-25-13, 12:36 AM
I completed the nurturing portion by watering all my mushroom rings that I have trying to get glimmer dust. The little story came up and said that I had been doing a lot of watering :)

wassupbaby
05-25-13, 12:37 AM
I completed the nurturing portion by watering all my mushroom rings that I have trying to get glimmer dust. The little story came up and said that I had been doing a lot of watering :)

Heyyyy, that's new . I'll do it thanks :)

lalisa
05-25-13, 12:48 AM
Expanded to the new plot that doesn't require a permit. This completed one of the trials. Trial of the Explorer. Yippee!

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 12:49 AM

CONGRATULATIONS! How many mushroom rings do you have? How many times do you think/estimate you watered them? I've been watering 4 red circle rings all the time and haven't gotten anything :-(

pmalmgren
05-25-13, 01:36 AM
Maybe trial of the chef is 'feed the baron'? I don't have everything to make it ATM or I would try.

I cooked everything in the kitchen once, nothing. So there is a puzzle to that too lol

pmalmgren
05-25-13, 01:39 AM
I'm trying to plant and harvest each of the crops. So far I've done tomatoes and corn since those were quick. I had just harvested a bunch of different crops, but didn't get any badge so I'm guess we have to plant them anew?

I planted one of everything and nothing, then started watering plants, chopped down al of my weeds that I was using for decoration, didn't finish watering all of the plants because of energy limits

pmalmgren
05-25-13, 01:45 AM
Mine is blinking with 'progress' now. :) I guess I'm doing something right... But nothing else has checked off besides the explorer badge

What were u doing when it blinked "progress"?

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 02:15 AM
I am curious about the "progress" sign. Currently I have in my goal list 1. fruit mania (which I deleted out of irritation) 2. Alicorn 3. Master botanist and 4. T&T. The "progress" flashes all the time & I, filled with hope, run and check to see what it's for and it always shows progress on the Alicorn and Botanist goals NOT the T&T. So question to everyone who gets the "progress" sign: is it specifically for the T&T goal when you check?

jua1978
05-25-13, 02:22 AM
I have nothing yet for my trials an tribute. Will have to wait and wait and wait. Strange how this game can teach one to be waiting. But as someone told me all good things come in time. Now time you better walk quickly LOL

anissada
05-25-13, 02:59 AM
I can't help but notice how many complaints there are about how much it costs to skip a goal. Again.
Seriously, why would anyone wish to continue playing if their goal is to SKIP goals? Have fun with them. Get on the forum to pass along ideas and share achievements.
I'm just sayin' ��

totally agree with the skip thing! but it's not the main issue people complain about, their complaint is about TL not being fair on several things, take a look at max, energy, one gets 30 another one 40, buying the wizard school and other things als vary in prices, its just not fair if you have to pay 500 gems while your neighbor gets it for 300.

anissada
05-25-13, 03:04 AM
You'll see info in this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?52272-Alicorn-disappeared!!!-Help!!)

TL trials different amounts with different groups to work out a standardised price. If your friend was an original tester that's why they're at 40. If not they're in an energy trial group. The alicorn refills energy, you get 30 as that your max and they get 40 as that's their max.

sure you mean well, but. pls dont tell it this way.. lost items are a loss to the players, TL just says, sorry, no can do! and about the energy, i had build up to 39 when overnight after an update it was decreased to 30! heard many players complaining about same thing, but same as with lost things, TL does not care what we feel, maybe we should all stop playing for a while ?

jua1978
05-25-13, 03:04 AM
totally agree with the skip thing! but it's not the main issue people complain about, their complaint is about TL not being fair on several things, take a look at max, energy, one gets 30 another one 40, buying the wizard school and other things als vary in prices, its just not fair if you have to pay 500 gems while your neighbor gets it for 300.

Is there people out there who gets 40 energy?? Like seriously? TL please give me 40 energy aswell please

vchanhs
05-25-13, 04:23 AM
Is there people out there who gets 40 energy?? Like seriously? TL please give me 40 energy aswell please

Frankly speaking, I am at 30 energy max but I don't really feel that I am in any way inferior compare to those with 40 energy. I seldom hit the 30 cap anyway during the day. Sure those with 40 cap have 10 more energy to play with in the morning but its not like 10 more energy is going to make much difference. Btw, life is never FAIR, it's how you response to the unfairness that's make all the differences.

Back on topic, so how many times must I water the mushrooms to get the badges?

idkat
05-25-13, 04:36 AM
I'm just sayin' ��

But it's not just the skipping that has the different price. I don't use the skip but I objected to having to pay 300 for my wizard school when others paid much less.

maguar
05-25-13, 04:40 AM
For a continuation on the different energy caps please go to the main thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39765-Why-is-my-Energy-Cap-reduced).

evritta
05-25-13, 05:27 AM
Any new on these trials? I have tended, planted, fought, journeyed and cooked but nothing???

loraann2347
05-25-13, 06:27 AM
I am curious about the "progress" sign. Currently I have in my goal list 1. fruit mania (which I deleted out of irritation) 2. Alicorn 3. Master botanist and 4. T&T. The "progress" flashes all the time & I, filled with hope, run and check to see what it's for and it always shows progress on the Alicorn and Botanist goals NOT the T&T. So question to everyone who gets the "progress" sign: is it specifically for the T&T goal when you check?

My progress sign has always randomly flashed for as long as I have been playing the game!

Overleaf
05-25-13, 07:32 AM
Same issue here! I planted and harvested crops,collected from Mines and sent Knights out, Vanquished Trolls and nothing is changing, so what's up?

CC155
05-25-13, 07:52 AM
I try that too... But still dint gets anything new.

elaur
05-25-13, 08:06 AM
My main problem with this is that it's 0/1 for each goal. If its actually a certain nber why is it 0/1 instead of the nber we need.

cathymart11111
05-25-13, 08:09 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! How many mushroom rings do you have? How many times do you think/estimate you watered them? I've been watering 4 red circle rings all the time and haven't gotten anything :-(
I have 12 rings and have also been watering my fruit trees also. I have no idea how many times I've watered them, it seems like a million to me.

CC155
05-25-13, 08:20 AM
I got my badge once expanded done... Now trying hard for others badges.

mamareader02
05-25-13, 09:12 AM
My neighbor has the knights hall..it does nothing!i sorta hoped it would do short adventures,or,as it's a knights hall,we coulda made them goodies in exchange for random(mystery items).not the case,so this goal is gonna finish for me naturally,no "gemming" it(woulda if it did something cool)

arikasi
05-25-13, 09:35 AM
Well, not that I mind the new challenge, but I have already been challenged by playing faithfully and never getting the Allicorns wing to complete that goal (except for three days out of town, I have played faithfully). I have assumed that my chances for it ended weeks ago and that the goal is dead.

Not quitting,
penguin801
Hickory Grove

I got a wing yesterday, so don't give up on the alicorn. Unfortunately I need the horn!

I am with those that wish there was a progress bar that filled. You don't have to tell me what fills the progress bar. That can be figured out. But I do like to see I'm getting somewhere.

adrew2348
05-25-13, 10:21 AM
My skip is 100. Got the expansion badge. It's the new area cost 11 lanterns no permit.

divaxchange
05-25-13, 10:39 AM
I expanded to the new area and did not get the explorer badge, but the same area gave me the explorer badge on my iPad. There is some other unknown milestone that I have not reached yet....sigh, just when we think we have it figured out :)

divaxchange
05-25-13, 10:42 AM
And my skip for each badge is 200!!!! That will never happen. I'm still waiting on mithril to complete the Princess Sabina goals and to get to the forgotten roost. Maybe that is part of the explorer badge requirements.

anissada
05-25-13, 10:54 AM

yes, TL claims that are 'testfase' players...
i had build up my energy to 39, 1 short to keep 40.
TL kicked me down to 30 too and could not care less when i complained about it

anissada
05-25-13, 10:57 AM
Frankly speaking, I am at 30 energy max but I don't really feel that I am in any way inferior compare to those with 40 energy. I seldom hit the 30 cap anyway during the day. Sure those with 40 cap have 10 more energy to play with in the morning but its not like 10 more energy is going to make much difference. Btw, life is never FAIR, it's how you response to the unfairness that's make all the differences.

Back on topic, so how many times must I water the mushrooms to get the badges?

if you can play constantly it is idd 'only'. or 'just'. 10 energy, but dont forget that 30 energy takes 1,5 hours to build up, and 40 is better cause then i have a window of two hours before the increase stops....

anissada
05-25-13, 11:04 AM
And my skip for each badge is 200!!!! That will never happen. I'm still waiting on mithril to complete the Princess Sabina goals and to get to the forgotten roost. Maybe that is part of the explorer badge requirements.

hou know that you can craft miril in your magic forge, dont you?

CottageRose
05-25-13, 11:12 AM
Only if they have all four knowledge shards and complete those four quests. :)

wassupbaby
05-25-13, 11:15 AM
There're other threads for alicorn,mithril and energy gap. Please stay on the topic.

meme1098
05-25-13, 11:15 AM
I can't forge mithril, only sword, armor or platter.

bowlfullofcherries
05-25-13, 01:13 PM
Has anyone else completed the Trial of the Nurturer?

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 01:22 PM
Has anyone else completed the Trial of the Nurturer?

Not me. I pulled out a total of 9 rings (all I had room for) and have gathered from them all at least 6 times plus the red ones about a dozen times. Plus my 4 fruit trees. Not including my regular collecting since the T&T goal appeared. Pretty sure it's been at least 100 times and nada. Put the pink rings back in storage and have returned to my regular collecting as I have fallen behind my regular routine in my kingdom.

kittensabc
05-25-13, 01:35 PM
We might need to do the trials in a particular order...

MBRBTBRB
05-25-13, 02:33 PM
We might need to do the trials in a particular order...
At first I thought so too, but other people have since disproved that theory.

charlottep1971
05-25-13, 02:33 PM
I remember the princess liked cake when I got her in one of the previous trials... Now doing chocolate cake to see if that does anything

MBRBTBRB
05-25-13, 02:37 PM
Dear maguar, could you please be awesome and add what has been discovered so far to the first post in the thread? e.g. expand to the new square and also have enough other expansions completed. We are now on page 44 so it would be fantastic if all the real info was in one place on the first post. Thanks very much!!!!!!

Gardienn
05-25-13, 02:44 PM
I just read through all 44 pages in this thread. What's wrong with me?

As for the "you sure are watering a lot" phrase, I've seen that before, and well before this Trials challenge, so I don't think it's part of it. Well, these sure are... trials.

I too want to see a progress bar on any of the trials that require numbers of times we do something, even if it doesn't say what it is. We can at least ferret that out. I agree with sugarzen6 on getting no pleasure from completing something when I have no idea what I did to earn it:

Like many of you, I'm just continuing to play as normal and let the badges come as they come. Unfortunately, when they do come, I will get no pleasure from them since I will have no idea why I'm getting them and no sense of earning them. I'm at level 30 and have completed all of the tasks so having a new task to work toward would make the game more fun. I'm happy for an update but having random badges awarded to me for no obvious reason seems to negate the work the developers put into the update.

So, like Aileeniweeni and many others, I'm sticking to my original goals. I'm not going to frustrate myself and get off track just to figure out an obscure and seemingly impossible challenge.

MBRBTBRB
05-25-13, 03:27 PM
Gardienn and others, over the coming days/weeks all the info you need about the trials will be discovered and made available on these forums, so you will be able to work towards the goals. All good things come to those who wait!

irishladsocal
05-25-13, 03:27 PM
Wow the stress levels I'm seeing over this new quest are unbelievable. It's a game folks its not life or death. I understand lots of you have completed everything and are hungry for something to do. Granted it would be nice if tl was a little more forthcoming with the actual requirements but if I read right it's for US to figure out. No im not into puzzle games eirher. Me, I'm gonna do what I always do and just enjoy the game and if and when something clicks off in the quest cool if not oh well, it can sit there until it does

MBRBTBRB
05-25-13, 03:35 PM
WOW! I completed the Explorer trial and now I have an Explorer badge IN MY INVENTORY! It shows a quantity of 1/99, which means we can get more than one of each badge! This is sooooo cool :-)

bowlfullofcherries
05-25-13, 03:36 PM
A neighbor of a neighbor got it picking their strawberries.

I'm actually having fun with this one. It's been confirmed that this goal is meant to be long term, so expecting to solve it right away isn't practical.

divaxchange
05-25-13, 03:57 PM

I do not have the knowledge shard for that. So I must wait, and wait, and wait....

kittensabc
05-25-13, 04:19 PM
At first I thought so too, but other people have since disproved that theory.

Have you forgotten how teamlava loves to make things random? There is a chance it is different for everyone.

kittensabc
05-25-13, 04:27 PM
WOW! I completed the Explorer trial and now I have an Explorer badge IN MY INVENTORY! It shows a quantity of 1/99, which means we can get more than one of each badge! This is sooooo cool :-)

Not to burst your bubble, but everything shows a quantity of 1/99, including items you can only get one of. (e.g. Wood to flesh potion)

sugarzen6
05-25-13, 04:47 PM
Wow the stress levels I'm seeing over this new quest are unbelievable. It's a game folks its not life or death. I understand lots of you have completed everything and are hungry for something to do. Granted it would be nice if tl was a little more forthcoming with the actual requirements but if I read right it's for US to figure out. No im not into puzzle games eirher. Me, I'm gonna do what I always do and just enjoy the game and if and when something clicks off in the quest cool if not oh well, it can sit there until it does

I'm not sure it's stress you're observing so much as players asking questions and stating opinions about the update- just what this forum is for. Most of us have stated that, like you, we will continue to play as normal and enjoy the game but thus far, this update seems pointless and I'm sure quite a bit of work was put into it. If the developers didn't want us to be able to ask questions or provide feedback, they wouldn't provide us this forum.;)

maguar
05-25-13, 04:48 PM
Dear maguar, could you please be awesome and add what has been discovered so far to the first post in the thread? e.g. expand to the new square and also have enough other expansions completed. We are now on page 44 so it would be fantastic if all the real info was in one place on the first post. Thanks very much!!!!!!

I'm adding as I go. The new summary info is there now.

maguar
05-25-13, 04:50 PM
Just a reminder to everyone that this thread is for discussion on the trial and tribute goal. If you want to discuss energy caps go to this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39765-Why-is-my-Energy-Cap-reduced). For discussion on shards go to this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721).

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 04:50 PM
Have you forgotten how teamlava loves to make things random? There is a chance it is different for everyone.

I agree. A nbr of one of my nbrs got the farmers badge by harvesting approx 66 strawberries. I have harvested 75 in the past 2 days for the exchange and have not received the badge. Either we're missing something or there is an element of chance.

Whatever the case may be, I find the whole thing to still be fun. I plan on going about my normal play and whenever the mood or idea hits me, will try it out. If it works, yah! If not, oh well back to expanding. Will keep adding to this thread in case anything I'm doing or not doing helps someone out. I sure do appreciate everyone else's imput!

kittensabc
05-25-13, 04:55 PM
I agree. A nbr of one of my nbrs got the farmers badge by harvesting approx 66 strawberries. I have harvested 75 in the past 2 days for the exchange and have not received the badge. Either we're missing something or there is an element of chance.

Whatever the case may be, I find the whole thing to still be fun. I plan on going about my normal play and whenever the mood or idea hits me, will try it out. If it works, yah! If not, oh well back to expanding. Will keep adding to this thread in case anything I'm doing or not doing helps someone out. I sure do appreciate everyone else's imput!

What we were discussing was that the order of the trials might matter, and that the order might be different for everyone. However, your idea makes sence as well.

petal209
05-25-13, 05:47 PM
I expanded to the new square but nothing happened, even did a hard close......oh well it kept me busy making wisp lamps.

HNO3
05-25-13, 06:04 PM
Maybe the trigger is a certain # of strawberries for some people, different crops like wheat or cabbages for others. I can say for sure it isn't sugar cane for me.

Lilipipi
05-25-13, 06:14 PM
There is no progress bar nor clear directions. Ambiguity makes people jump in all directions. After reading all the pages and doing some experimental things myself, I conclude that the badges are another "rare drop" type of rewards, just like shards and alicorn parts. It's going to take a long time to get to the goal and if you don't want to wait that long, that's what the "skip" buttons are for.

This update is a big disappointment. If people yield to temptation and buy gems to get to the goal enough times, I am afraid more updates like this will come out, making the game unappealing. I don't mind buying gems once in a while to help out the developers. I did not mind buying gems for the Wizard Schools, for example. In the App Store, most games cost 99 cents. I've seen expensive ones at 40 dollars too. But this game tops them all, even though it is supposed to be free. The "skip" button is priced at 50/100/200 gems, three different prices as usual. Let's say someone decided to use gems to pass all the goals in T&T. The price ranges from 500 gems ($19.99 for 530 gems) to 2000 gems ($99.99 for 2900 gems). How unfair is that? This inequality makes me feel really unhappy. People repeatedly complained about the price difference, but nothing has been done to remediate this problem. If things were more reasonably priced, it might attract more players.

Many awesome players in the game do not buy gems, but they are the most active players who help out neighbors and give peer support, which are vital in this type of game so that people stay with the game. Updates like this alienates the most active and enthusiastic players. Why not make the game more enjoyable, so it acts as a stress reliever rather than a stressor?

Gardienn
05-25-13, 06:38 PM
Well... visiting all your 100+ friends in one day does nothing. lol

MBRBTBRB
05-25-13, 06:42 PM
maguar you really are awesome, thank you so much for all your work and help!

monstermash1
05-25-13, 06:48 PM
I got a wing yesterday, so don't give up on the alicorn. Unfortunately I need the horn!

I am with those that wish there was a progress bar that filled. You don't have to tell me what fills the progress bar. That can be figured out. But I do like to see I'm getting somewhere.
Please be aware Do not feed your acorn there is a glitch that is making them did pear see other thread !,,,,

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 06:52 PM
What were u doing when it blinked "progress"?

eek i really don't know because i was doing so many different things. i wasn't paying close attention, but i think it happens when i open up the game. it's the only goal i have left. it's really strange because i haven't been doing anything but the progress is blinking whenever i click on my goalbook right now. but just before i closed out of the game, i was doing various tasks (watering mushrooms, collecting from mine, collecting stone block, etc) and checking the goalbook each time but it wasn't blinking at all. :confused:

but i think i'll try watering mushrooms some more since i need glimmerdust anyways.

Lilipipi
05-25-13, 06:55 PM
There is no blinking progress for me. I finished all quests except for this one.

ghjvcucjb
05-25-13, 07:03 PM
eek i really don't know because i was doing so many different things. i wasn't paying close attention, but i think it happens when i open up the game. it's the only goal i have left. it's really strange because i haven't been doing anything but the progress is blinking whenever i click on my goalbook right now. but just before i closed out of the game, i was doing various tasks (watering mushrooms, collecting from mine, collecting stone block, etc) and checking the goalbook each time but it wasn't blinking at all. :confused: but i think i'll try watering mushrooms some more since i need glimmerdust anyways.

Hmmm? Just thinking here...I wonder if the blinking progress is for old requests that someone is just now getting to. I noticed right after I finished my wig goal for days afterwards the progress would flash and under news it would say that so and so replied to your request but the goal had already finished and I had not sent out any other kind of request.

alyanaalyana
05-25-13, 07:39 PM
Very interesting discussion.

I'm wondering: if the theory about a certain, unknown to us, number of cliicks to achieve a tending / gathering / cooking etc trial is correct, might it be that it is tied to the cost of skipping? If so, then people for whom the skipping cost is just 50 gems should get their trials faster / sooner than people with 100 and 200 gems.

catcrack
05-25-13, 07:55 PM
I'm adding as I go. The new summary info is there now.Now to add the images of the Badges...

maguar
05-25-13, 08:01 PM
Now to add the images of the Badges...

Hint taken and actioned :)

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 08:37 PM
Hmmm? Just thinking here...I wonder if the blinking progress is for old requests that someone is just now getting to. I noticed right after I finished my wig goal for days afterwards the progress would flash and under news it would say that so and so replied to your request but the goal had already finished and I had not sent out any other kind of request.

yes that's true. but i don't have any of those quests/goals in my goalbook anymore, just the T&T is left. and the progress blinks on that specific one. but i guess it doesn't really matter if there is no actual meter of progress. i have no idea how far along i am. if it was more accurate when it was blinking then it could give a hint to which tasks count. oh well :/

also... i should stop clicking on the goal, i'm bound to accidentally skip a step!! :eek:

mystoryzoozoo
05-25-13, 08:41 PM
yes that's true. but i don't have any of those quests/goals in my goalbook anymore, just the T&T is left. and the progress blinks on that specific one. but i guess it doesn't really matter if there is no actual meter of progress. i have no idea how far along i am. if it was more accurate when it was blinking then it could give a hint to which tasks count. oh well :/

also... i should stop clicking on the goal, i'm bound to accidentally skip a step!! :eek:

I get no progress flashes. I'm obviously no where near doing anything towards the goals.......

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 08:46 PM
I get no progress flashes. I'm obviously no where near doing anything towards the goals.......

i am sure you are!! lots of normal tasks sound like they fit the criteria of the descriptions of the trials. my progress thing doesn't consistently blink. try checking when you first open up your game, i think that's when mine tends to blink.

bluebird5555
05-25-13, 09:06 PM
Posted this info the other day...I was getting frustrated to about not seeing any progress, so I turned my iPhone off and on , opened CS again and "progress" was flashing:)!! Try it, it might work for you too!?!

anissada
05-26-13, 12:22 AM
There is no progress bar nor clear directions. Ambiguity makes people jump in all directions. After reading all the pages and doing some experimental things myself, I conclude that the badges are another "rare drop" type of rewards, just like shards and alicorn parts. It's going to take a long time to get to the goal and if you don't want to wait that long, that's what the "skip" buttons are for.

This update is a big disappointment. If people yield to temptation and buy gems to get to the goal enough times, I am afraid more updates like this will come out, making the game unappealing. I don't mind buying gems once in a while to help out the developers. I did not mind buying gems for the Wizard Schools, for example. In the App Store, most games cost 99 cents. I've seen expensive ones at 40 dollars too. But this game tops them all, even though it is supposed to be free. The "skip" button is priced at 50/100/200 gems, three different prices as usual. Let's say someone decided to use gems to pass all the goals in T&T. The price ranges from 500 gems ($19.99 for 530 gems) to 2000 gems ($99.99 for 2900 gems). How unfair is that? This inequality makes me feel really unhappy. People repeatedly complained about the price difference, but nothing has been done to remediate this problem. If things were more reasonably priced, it might attract more players.

Many awesome players in the game do not buy gems, but they are the most active players who help out neighbors and give peer support, which are vital in this type of game so that people stay with the game. Updates like this alienates the most active and enthusiastic players. Why not make the game more enjoyable, so it acts as a stress reliever rather than a stressor?

couldn't have said it better. i play a lot, but starting to dislike because of the way its build in to easily , unwanted, loose your gems because tl wants to force us to spend real money. thinks the last update is not meant to be co pleted at all. just like the one with the 9 different plants. know noone who git them all for free

anissada
05-26-13, 12:26 AM
as i had lots of wood and stone, i decided to try if the badge would be given on a full invetory on stone, blocks, fancy beams and fancy blocks. i found out that that is not the trigger, so i'm going to play on the normal way and forget all about this worthless update. rather would have had trials that freed new expansions

bexter83
05-26-13, 01:05 AM
I've tried making every feast, fed the baron, built a well and a bench all requiring wood and stone, fed, planted and basically terrorised my kingdom trying to achieve these T&T's goal I have. Like a lot of players I am at the maximum level, buy roughly 250 gems twice a month.... I am becoming frustrated at this game and seriously feel about walking away from it all. It's no fun when there is no target to work towards, if I wanted a mystery game I would of downloaded one. There are a lot of developers out there with apps that would be more than happy for me to spend my hard work earnings on them, TL start listening to your audience before you see a dramatic number of frustrated players leaving with their money in their hands

wassupbaby
05-26-13, 01:12 AM
The progress flash means nothing. If you have the explorer badge , that means you've made progress in T&T quest and it'll keep flashing now and then but that's all.

clarontinalisa
05-26-13, 01:30 AM

I get a progress blinking numerous times a day and have done for two months. It is the alicorn challenge that has the progress sign flashing. Yet still no wing!! Nothing to do with the new quest. So I don't think it is an indicator of progress on badges.

Rockinkitten
05-26-13, 01:33 AM
I love this update. I love not knowing when I'll get a badge. An unknown goal is better than no goal, right? I think the badges will pop up after a certain amount of watering, chopping, cooking, adventuring and brewing. I'll bet it is not the same amount for everyone. I'm glad it's not something we can rush through and then come on here moaning we have nothing to do. And skipping a goal? Why on earth would you want to do that! Just keep playing your game and get a badge when you least expect it! I hope it takes me a very long time to complete.

I do, however, think TL should hand out those horns and wings to those who haven't got them yet!

clarontinalisa
05-26-13, 01:41 AM
I have completed all tasks, quests, challenges without skipping any including the botany quest, and I had to regrow two of them as I chopped them by mistake. I have never bought gems, just download and play other games to get the gems. Therefore I believe this challenge is possible in time and I am just playing as normal and will be excited when I get another badge. However not as excited as i will be when I get my alicorn wing!! That is taking ages and based on luck so I can't even aim for anything to get it.
I agree it would be much more exciting if we knew which crop/ journey/ feast completed it but at least we have a chance to try for it rather than just luck. so I won't stress out and keep playing as I have

mystoryzoozoo
05-26-13, 01:47 AM
Originally Posted by mystoryzoozoo

i am sure you are!! lots of normal tasks sound like they fit the criteria of the descriptions of the trials. my progress thing doesn't consistently blink. try checking when you first open up your game, i think that's when mine tends to blink.

Well I checked first thing, also tried delete & reinstall, no progress flashes at all.

fino212
05-26-13, 03:04 AM
I have completed all tasks, quests, challenges without skipping any including the botany quest, and I had to regrow two of them as I chopped them by mistake. I have never bought gems, just download and play other games to get the gems. Therefore I believe this challenge is possible in time and I am just playing as normal and will be excited when I get another badge. However not as excited as i will be when I get my alicorn wing!! That is taking ages and based on luck so I can't even aim for anything to get it.
I agree it would be much more exciting if we knew which crop/ journey/ feast completed it but at least we have a chance to try for it rather than just luck. so I won't stress out and keep playing as I have

Do you mean you have completed the T&T task? I'm like you and have never bought gems as I feel its *****ing almost to be able to skip a task instead of working at it and I love the feeling of satisfaction when you complete after all your hard work so I too play other games to earn the gems. I am always on this game though as I think its brilliant and find you only get through the tasks quickly if you play a lot. Like with alicorn task, I got my wing and horn within 2 weeks of getting the task by continually going on adventures, not just the love magic one either. I now have another spare wing so shame I can't send it to someone else :)
I do feel like you and the previous person however that although its exciting having an ongoing task and better than none at all that we shouldn't least have some sort of direction as to what we actually have to do to achieve it as I don't mind if it takes ages as long as I know I'm making progress. Its doing things you might not even need to do that's frustrating

CottageRose
05-26-13, 03:08 AM
This is far worse than the shards or the Alicorns. At least with those, you know they are random and you know what actions might trigger them. You can look forward to the possibility of a shard from the Tabernum or horns/wings from your daily adventure. This new T&T just makes me frustrated and angry. Had a gem sale pop up today and usually buy gems at least 2x month, but I won't be buying any more for awhile. It's a waste of money to spend gems on random actions, and I refuse to Skip arbitrary barriers. :(

CottageRose
05-26-13, 03:14 AM
And, we don't know that these trials don't also require an element of random luck either. Just like the shards and Alicorns, you can continue doing all the right things for months and still not have one shard or Alicorn part, because you are not lucky. >:(

anissada
05-26-13, 03:56 AM
I've tried making every feast, fed the baron, built a well and a bench all requiring wood and stone, fed, planted and basically terrorised my kingdom trying to achieve these T&T's goal I have. Like a lot of players I am at the maximum level, buy roughly 250 gems twice a month.... I am becoming frustrated at this game and seriously feel about walking away from it all. It's no fun when there is no target to work towards, if I wanted a mystery game I would of downloaded one. There are a lot of developers out there with apps that would be more than happy for me to spend my hard work earnings on them, TL start listening to your audience before you see a dramatic number of frustrated players leaving with their money in their hands

why do you buy gems ? that's the only thing i refuse to do, cause it is a FREE game!

claver1
05-26-13, 04:05 AM
We buy gems to keep this game alive.

jasren
05-26-13, 04:25 AM
I don't understand why the wizard and skipping goals, cost different amounts of gems. It's 200 for me, and not that I want to skip the goals, but how is it, for some its 50?

elaur
05-26-13, 06:07 AM
We buy gems to keep this game alive.

There are humans spending time to create and update these games. I think people should get paid for the work they do. So I pay them with gems for all the hours of enjoyment I've gotten from the games. :)

1Murphy1
05-26-13, 07:01 AM
Not everyone got a gem sale today. I only buy gems when I need, if they are on SALE . . .Again we are all treated differently. I don't like full price because of the gem traps.

catcrack
05-26-13, 07:03 AM
So… back on topic. Who has completed other than the Trial of The Nurturer? Can we get an image of the Badge for the OP?

1Murphy1
05-26-13, 07:04 AM
this game may be "Free". But you can't be serious to expect it to stay around if you don't support it a little bit!

catcrack
05-26-13, 07:06 AM
So? back on topic. Who has completed other than the Trial of The Nurturer? Can we get an image of the Badge for the OP?
As in, can we get an image of the Trial of The Nurturer badge.

Baraze
05-26-13, 07:14 AM
I don't want to skip the goals with gems because the building does nothing amazing. I play restaurant and bakery. I see this as the same goals on there. We may get some coins, table, bread basket, flower vase, etc. it comes from different things depending on the player. It's not worth getting in a tiffy about. Just go about your normal tasks and you will be fine.

All of this, TL is mean, I'm quitting nonsense is laughable.

Someone already said they got a badge from harvesting strawberries and messing around with mushrooms. I'm sticking to collecting from my animals multiple times a day. It will come when it's supposed to.

sugarzen6
05-26-13, 08:13 AM
I don't understand how so many of you are relating T&T to the collectables in RS and BS. if it were like that I doubt many would be complaining. With collectables there is an element of randomness but you know what triggers it and you know what you need to collect for your reward. The complaint about T&T is that we have no idea. How excited are we to be about being awarded a random badge that we have no idea of the trigger? I just feel like the work has already been put into this update and isn't being enjoyed as it should be.

sugarzen6
05-26-13, 08:19 AM
And to be clear, since this is a newer game I know all of us longtime players are extremely grateful for every update and this one was unexpected on the heels of our last big one. The point is that maybe the work the developers put into it isn't giving the result they expected. With a little tweak (like letting us know what the point is) their work would be appreciated. Obviously the goal is to make the game fun, right?

HNO3
05-26-13, 09:06 AM
And to be clear, since this is a newer game I know all of us longtime players are extremely grateful for every update and this one was unexpected on the heels of our last big one. The point is that maybe the work the developers put into it isn't giving the result they expected. With a little tweak (like letting us know what the point is) their work would be appreciated. Obviously the goal is to make the game fun, right?
And if they told people exactly what to do they'd be done in 2 days and asking when the next update is.

Baraze
05-26-13, 09:07 AM
Is because these trials ARE akin to the badges on the other games. Someone got a badge from strawberries. Why not all of us? Because its random and different for everyone. Someone mentioned never getting the salt shaker in restaurant, even though she's level 99. I've had more than I can remember. With the prizes to match.

The hints aren't much, but are simplistic. It's to make us figure it out, otherwise we would be finished with these goals in a couple days. It's not meant to be short time. It's not rocket science to guess you have to tend to animals, fight the beats and smack rock outcroppings. Those are the guides. Now which ones and how many,we don't know. Because again, if we knew, we would finish this in a short timeframe. It sucks. But personally, I'm ok with that. Keeps me on my toes. And busy.

Baraze
05-26-13, 09:08 AM
And if they told people exactly what to do they'd be done in 2 days and asking when the next update is.

Thank you! Someone who gets it.

CottageRose
05-26-13, 09:36 AM
Not everyone complains about no new goals. Those of us who don't are being punished for those that do.

Cesar49
05-26-13, 10:03 AM
I'm happy with it too ;). I've only got two expansions left (nearly got the permit for the first) so the game for me now is a matter of tending the animals for the exchange, and crafting to upgrade buildings - I've given up on the alicorn as despite daily quests for over 3 months I still haven't a wing! The possibility of getting one of the trials fulfilled just gives an element of anticipation and surprise to the activities I'm doing anyway.

ghjvcucjb
05-26-13, 10:09 AM
Just my daily update. The only other two people I've heard about getting other badges besides the explorer got them from 1. Harvesting 12 mushroom rings constantly over 2/3 days while looking for glimmer dust and 2. Harvesting 66 strawberries.

Neither worked for me. Currently I'm maxed out on strawberries, mushrooms, glimmer dust, and glimmer bulbs (all harvested after the release of T&T) By the end of the day will be maxed out most/all other crops and nada for any kind of badge. Will go back to making kitchen stuff tonight to reduce inventory.

Maxed out on stone, iron ore, silver ore and jewels, wood. Almost maxed on blocks and nada.

Maxed out on eggs, milk, bacon, prime, water, etc (although some of those will go down as for the exchange)

Have crafted several of each feast and have tons of the other foods in inventory and nada.

So far maxing out on things doesn't seem to do anything for me :-(

Anyone else?

kittensabc
05-26-13, 10:20 AM
One of my neighbors got the potion badge from their third magic cement..

Baraze
05-26-13, 10:26 AM
Just my daily update. The only other two people I've heard about getting other badges besides the explorer got them from 1. Harvesting 12 mushroom rings constantly over 2/3 days while looking for glimmer dust and 2. Harvesting 66 strawberries.

Neither worked for me. Currently I'm maxed out on strawberries, mushrooms, glimmer dust, and glimmer bulbs (all harvested after the release of T&T) By the end of the day will be maxed out most/all other crops and nada for any kind of badge. Will go back to making kitchen stuff tonight to reduce inventory.

Maxed out on stone, iron ore, silver ore and jewels, wood. Almost maxed on blocks and nada.

Maxed out on eggs, milk, bacon, prime, water, etc (although some of those will go down as for the exchange)

Have crafted several of each feast and have tons of the other foods in inventory and nada.

So far maxing out on things doesn't seem to do anything for me :-(

Anyone else?

I've also even harvesting berries and collecting from the mushroom rings. I decided to switch it up and have been collecting from my animals and harvesting sugar cane. I'm making a lot of super glue too.

ghjvcucjb
05-26-13, 10:27 AM
Well so far the only common denominator seems to be that the ones earning other badges don't post here. Maybe I'll try and stay off for a day or so and see if that helps ;-) or I may just start jumping on one leg while holding my breathe and singing twinkle twinkle little star when I collect.

newzealander
05-26-13, 10:31 AM
Well so far the only common denominator seems to be that the ones earning other badges don't post here. Maybe I'll try and stay off for a day or so and see if that helps ;-) or I may just start jumping on one leg while holding my breathe and singing twinkle twinkle little star when I collect.

Tried it ;). Only thing that happened is that the neighbours complained!

ghjvcucjb
05-26-13, 10:49 AM
Tried it ;). Only thing that happened is that the neighbours complained!

ROFL!

Maybe you need some new neighbors :D:D

queenrenix
05-26-13, 10:52 AM
I expanded to the new square but nothing happened, even did a hard close......oh well it kept me busy making wisp lamps.

The same thing happened to me, so I expanded on 2 other plots and got the badge. I think it works on number of expansion, so try expanding further