PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 questions/feedback/discussion

esmerelda35
05-22-13, 10:41 AM
I am playing the new Farm Story 2, and I have 3 comments/issues/questions/concerns/feedback for TL.....interested in anyone else's feedback, is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help?

1) I cannot gift. I did my 3-gift max. yesterday, and then the gifting section was gone. Also, at that point, the individual "gift" button at the bottom of the screen when visiting neighbours disappeared. Both of these are just like in Castle Story, so that's fine and expected.
Today, however, I have received gifts, and they're in the "Pending Gifts" section of my messages, but the "gift back" button is "greyed out". When I go to visit neighbours, the gift button isn't there.

2) When visiting neighbours, it is almost impossible to find a heart, other than at Stormie's. I think I have found a heart maybe twice - one at two separate farms, and I have visited a lot daily since starting 6 days ago. From reviewing comments on people's walls, not finding hearts seems to be a common problem. It is also impossible to tell whether you've been "helped" or not (e.g. in Castle story there are twinkles on buildings).

3) This one is probably my own strategy problem - I keep getting "stuck" - my barn storage is maxed out so I can't put anything else in there, but there is nothing I can do to move things out - all my selling spots are full at the market, I have made goods (e.g. feed, cream, etc., but can't put them in the barn because it's full, so then I can't farm and get more eggs/milk as the barn is full....and I am short things to make deliveries, which would clear out the barn of items, but I can't make the items. Obviously I could upgrade more storage further, which would a) give me more storage and b) clear out of my current barn various "items" in it such as screws, paint, etc., but the problem is I don't have all the items needed to upgrade, and they are obtained from doing things around the farm that I can't do!!! (Or maybe it's all designed so that I will actually use $ to purchase gems so that I can upgrade that way .

(I also posted this in the Farm Story 2 title in the Farm Story disc'n, but that seems to be more about people talking about it coming out and compared to Farm Story, than discussion on this actual Farm Story 2 edition, so am trying it here).

laceylaine
05-23-13, 11:44 AM
I am also experiencing problems "liking". I think once you build a new building, it is available to be liked by someone, but once it is, no one else can "like" it. I am able to like 5 buildings at Stormie's everyday, but cannot find hearts at any neighbors or community farms, unless it is a building they just built and no one else has liked it yet. People keep telling me I'm full, but I haven't gotten "liked" in days. I also don't like that it doesn't leave sparkles or anything to let you know you were liked. Wow this post has too many "likes" in it, I'm not using that word for the rest of the day!

laceylaine
05-23-13, 11:48 AM
One more thing. Can you please fix the shortcut to access our wall on Farm Story 2? You can only get to it by tapping on your level in the top left corner, a lot of my neighbors haven't figured it out, and I can't leave them a message telling them how because they can't get there to read it. It's a vicious cycle :)

globug123
05-25-13, 07:07 AM
First off, I really like the game. However, I'm experiencing the same issues a most. I have never found a heart anywhere but on Stormie's place. Also, no matter how hard I manage my inventory and have sent truck after truck I don't get any of the items needed to upgrade. I've had to purchase most of them off of others at exorbitant prices because of this I can't purchase the buildings needed at a very efficient rate and am continually getting orders I have no way to fill. I'm kind of at a stalemate now. I realize this is a new game but really hope they are working to fix the bugs or it will be bye, bye for me.

veefrank
06-02-13, 12:07 PM
Please add me ID veefrank. I play Castle Story, City Story and Farm Story 2 the most. I am loving it in fact! In Farm Story 2 I really need some craft flowers as I'm stuck... Please MSG me if you can put some up for sale.

MissChaLk
06-05-13, 01:25 AM
I am playing the new Farm Story 2, and I have 3 comments/issues/questions/concerns/feedback for TL.....interested in anyone else's feedback, is anyone else experiencing this? Can anyone help?

1) I cannot gift. I did my 3-gift max. yesterday, and then the gifting section was gone. Also, at that point, the individual "gift" button at the bottom of the screen when visiting neighbours disappeared. Both of these are just like in Castle Story, so that's fine and expected.
Today, however, I have received gifts, and they're in the "Pending Gifts" section of my messages, but the "gift back" button is "greyed out". When I go to visit neighbours, the gift button isn't there.

2) When visiting neighbours, it is almost impossible to find a heart, other than at Stormie's. I think I have found a heart maybe twice - one at two separate farms, and I have visited a lot daily since starting 6 days ago. From reviewing comments on people's walls, not finding hearts seems to be a common problem. It is also impossible to tell whether you've been "helped" or not (e.g. in Castle story there are twinkles on buildings).

3) This one is probably my own strategy problem - I keep getting "stuck" - my barn storage is maxed out so I can't put anything else in there, but there is nothing I can do to move things out - all my selling spots are full at the market, I have made goods (e.g. feed, cream, etc., but can't put them in the barn because it's full, so then I can't farm and get more eggs/milk as the barn is full....and I am short things to make deliveries, which would clear out the barn of items, but I can't make the items. Obviously I could upgrade more storage further, which would a) give me more storage and b) clear out of my current barn various "items" in it such as screws, paint, etc., but the problem is I don't have all the items needed to upgrade, and they are obtained from doing things around the farm that I can't do!!! (Or maybe it's all designed so that I will actually use $ to purchase gems so that I can upgrade that way .

(I also posted this in the Farm Story 2 title in the Farm Story disc'n, but that seems to be more about people talking about it coming out and compared to Farm Story, than discussion on this actual Farm Story 2 edition, so am trying it here).

Hi there !

I also have the same technical/game ajusting issues that you have and I have one more: I cant Login properly in Facebook to get my friends of over there, could u please look at this issue too Devs ?

Thanks !
S8ID MissChaLk

lucky8canuck
06-05-13, 07:00 AM
It seems to be a bit of a rarity to find hearts on people's farms, and thus it is difficult to know who is visiting your farm unless they post on your wall.

Since the newsfeed requires the visitor to have some sort of interaction with your game, can you add an additional newsfeed update that would tell the player when someone makes a purchase from your store with a suggestion to visit their farm to check out their shop as well?

I have also noticed since the update that the envelope for the newsfeed needs to be clicked twice if a notification comes in. Basically, the little red number on the envelope appears to show new message(s) is in the newsfeed. Click envelope and manage messages. Go back to farm and then same little red number appears again. Go back to newsfeed, but this time no new messages. Hope that makes sense.

StacyLeeMeow
06-05-13, 06:24 PM
Another suggestion for better game play - Shovels are the hardest to find, and seem to be the most needed. Can you please change it so we can remove the small rocks with the pick axes instead? Thank You!

pa_thomp
06-13-13, 07:20 AM
I posted this in another thread as well just to see if anyone can help:

Can someone who has some experience with this game help my wife?

Twice now she's upgraded her barn and both times it reversed it, taking the paint etc. and reverting back to the way it was prior to the upgrade. She's e-mailed Team Lava and got no responses yet. Has anyone else had a similar issue? She's threatening to never play it again after she fell in love with it so much. Any help on this matter would be appreciated!

Thanks!

3cala
09-10-13, 07:25 AM
I can't figure out why when I click on the kitchen, feed silo or dairy that it won't let me make new baked goods, feed or cheese. The items are there but when you click on them nothing happens. I have the ingredients, no problem, I just dont get why you can't click on them to make the items. After an hour or so it will work again. Weird and frustrating.

kooky panda
09-10-13, 10:39 AM
I can't figure out why when I click on the kitchen, feed silo or dairy that it won't let me make new baked goods, feed or cheese. The items are there but when you click on them nothing happens. I have the ingredients, no problem, I just dont get why you can't click on them to make the items. After an hour or so it will work again. Weird and frustrating.
Try updating your device OS version.

(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?55795-Confirmation-box&p=690487&viewfull=1#post690487)
Thank you all for the reports! We have investigated this issue, and players using OS below 6.0 should upgrade their OS. If you are unable to upgrade, force-closing the app is a temporary workaround. Be on the lookout for a fix in a future update!

3cala
09-10-13, 05:24 PM
Bummer. I'm on an iPad 1 and can't go higher than 5.1. Thanks Apple! :-(

But thanks kooky panda for identifying this frustrating issue!

kooky panda
09-10-13, 07:20 PM
Bummer. I'm on an iPad 1 and can't go higher than 5.1. Thanks Apple! :-(

But thanks kooky panda for identifying this frustrating issue!
Hopefully TL will be able to get a fix out soon!

QueenCarolyn
09-13-13, 12:12 PM
3) This one is probably my own strategy problem - I keep getting "stuck" - my barn storage is maxed out so I can't put anything else in there, but there is nothing I can do to move things out - all my selling spots are full at the market, I have made goods (e.g. feed, cream, etc., but can't put them in the barn because it's full, so then I can't farm and get more eggs/milk as the barn is full....and I am short things to make deliveries, which would clear out the barn of items, but I can't make the items. Obviously I could upgrade more storage further, which would a) give me more storage and b) clear out of my current barn various "items" in it such as screws, paint, etc., but the problem is I don't have all the items needed to upgrade, and they are obtained from doing things around the farm that I can't do!!! (Or maybe it's all designed so that I will actually use $ to purchase gems so that I can upgrade that way.

I share this problem. I am totally stuck and my barn is at capacity 95. I can't afford gems to increase it, and I can't send the plane without making more things. I have cheese and feed and baked goods made, but I can't pick them up. My animals want to give me milk and eggs, but I have no room to get them. I wish there was an option to sell things directly from the barn, or at least to dump them. I have 3 things on sale, but they are not selling quickly. I log on and then have nothing to do.

jpack01
10-28-13, 09:02 AM
I share this problem. I am totally stuck and my barn is at capacity 95. I can't afford gems to increase it, and I can't send the plane without making more things. I have cheese and feed and baked goods made, but I can't pick them up. My animals want to give me milk and eggs, but I have no room to get them. I wish there was an option to sell things directly from the barn, or at least to dump them. I have 3 things on sale, but they are not selling quickly. I log on and then have nothing to do.

I get stuck like this all the time, until I figured out I could discard airplane orders. It takes several minutes for a new order to pop up, and sometimes I still can't send anything from inventory. Luckily there isn't a max for discarding orders. It may take a couple of hours, but I'm always able to decrease my inventory using this method. You can also discard things from your shop - you'll get a warning that you can't get the items back, but you can still throw things away that way. I've done it many times with an over abundance of wheat.

temptress1991
10-28-13, 05:33 PM
I have a problem. My farm story 2 tells me to click on the animals and click on the bucket to feed them. My game will not let me do this I can't feed or collect from them. Plz help

kooky panda
10-28-13, 05:39 PM
I have a problem. My farm story 2 tells me to click on the animals and click on the bucket to feed them. My game will not let me do this I can't feed or collect from them. Plz help

Do not click the animal pen. When you have animals ready you will see the bucket. Click on it and drag it across the animals to collect.
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/b81b809c-07ec-478d-a97e-d4c9e3524b14_zps82d9312a.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/b81b809c-07ec-478d-a97e-d4c9e3524b14_zps82d9312a.jpg.html)

thesadlittlefarm
10-28-13, 07:28 PM
I am on an IPad 1 and my OS is updated to the latest version I can get. My game shuts down constantly! I can get 5 to 6 minutes of play time before it does it again. It is so frustrating to earn, buy and find hard to get items, only to have it shut down as soon as I do get them. When it comes back up, my money and gems are gone, but the items are not there. Is there a way to get these items replaced? I have spent my money on gems to make my game better, and it really gets old fast when I spend them on things that I never receive because of issues wit the program. I have been waiting over a week to finish the butterfly collection. I need the yellow one, and have won it 3 times and not received it due to my game shutting down. I know others have been having the same issues, are you doing anything to try and fix this?

caspercat98
11-04-13, 05:04 PM
I am on an IPad 1 and my OS is updated to the latest version I can get. My game shuts down constantly! I can get 5 to 6 minutes of play time before it does it again. It is so frustrating to earn, buy and find hard to get items, only to have it shut down as soon as I do get them. When it comes back up, my money and gems are gone, but the items are not there. Is there a way to get these items replaced? I have spent my money on gems to make my game better, and it really gets old fast when I spend them on things that I never receive because of issues wit the program. I have been waiting over a week to finish the butterfly collection. I need the yellow one, and have won it 3 times and not received it due to my game shutting down. I know others have been having the same issues, are you doing anything to try and fix this?

I have been experiencing the same for weeks as well. I have the first generation iPad with as high of an iOs as possible. Now I am losing most everything I collect at the mine. It wouldn't be as frustrating, but I also lose the axe or shovel I used in the mine so it is a double loss!

friendloyal
01-08-14, 06:51 AM
Greetings,
Does someoneknow how to upgrade buildings?? like the farm and so on?
i would be very graefull if you help me :)

mamareader02
01-08-14, 09:54 AM
Greetings,
Does someoneknow how to upgrade buildings?? like the farm and so on?
i would be very graefull if you help me :)

The buildings are not upgradable,except for the barn and silo,and good luck finding the items for that.you can add more slots(or circles) to each building by upgrading each slot with the required rare items

mamatomato
01-26-14, 05:17 PM
Hopefully TL will be able to get a fix out soon!

This last update (Jan2014). Just did it for my game.... Can't play it anymore, i am always kicked out.... I wish there were some warning for us, ipad 1 users, telling us the upgrade was not for us....
Can't you release an older version to reinstall for older unit??

kooky panda
01-26-14, 06:32 PM
This last update (Jan2014). Just did it for my game.... Can't play it anymore, i am always kicked out.... I wish there were some warning for us, ipad 1 users, telling us the upgrade was not for us....
Can't you release an older version to reinstall for older unit??

You can go back and try an older version( but you may not have access to all new items).
Go to itunes-updates and look down your purchase history. You will see all app versions you have downloaded in the past. You can re download one of these versions.

pipipooh1977
01-26-14, 07:00 PM
I think they should do away with the "liking" system. I never "like" other players buildings and I don't like collecting from mine. I want to be able to tap on my crafts that are waiting for me to collect quickly not collect the coins from someone liking my building first then having to tap the building again to collect my finished crafts. Annoying! I like to play this game in peace....not needing to write on player's walls or liking their buildings. It truly is an annoyance to me! So I don't, I wish no one liked my buildings. I wish we could disable this feature on our own in settings.

anitahere
03-29-14, 06:43 PM
12890 where do you find these 12890flowers.12890

nashijun
04-26-14, 12:00 AM
It would be nice if Storm8 put the game itself on Facebook. My mum wants to play but doesn't have a tablet or anything.