PDA

View Full Version : Castle: Poll and Suggestion Thread - 5/21/13

maguar
05-22-13, 05:13 AM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom. You can vote for multiple items but you can only vote once.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. Please give me plenty of these suggestions so I've got lots of options to choose from for the next poll.

Just a reminder to think of upcoming holidays etc.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

There have been lots of great gameplay suggestions. Pretty please can you make sure to include suggestions for items, decorations etc as well.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39218-Can-only-send-3-different-gifts-per-day&p=446227&viewfull=1#post446227) requesting more gift options or this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39358-Missing-Gem-anyone&p=447855&viewfull=1#post447855) on gem confirmations.

Lilipipi
05-22-13, 09:50 AM
Upcoming holidays like Halloweens? I hope there will be couple of updates before that!

For the Halloween, I would like to see Belladonna added to the story and have her own craft shop, where all valentines materials would turn into useful and relevant materials. Well, she could churn out skunkupies if she wanted to.. for Ivy. Ivy's hut could turn into some kind of exchange, where skunkupies can be traded for hot sauce or something.

I would like the random food exchange to drop hot sauce, ice cream, syrup, and chocolate. If current food exchange is too cheap for that, at least have another upgraded food exchange to give us more time consuming food materials.

I would like more kitchens. Two more would be nice. :)

Lilipipi
05-22-13, 10:00 AM
Also, I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but we NEED MORE ENERGY!!!! Refill time need to be reduced and energy cap need to be increased proportional to how much work is demanded in a level. I will go to the energy cap thread and say the same thing again. I am getting tired of staying with the game, trusting that there will be improvements.

In the future updates, I hope more levels would be introduced. Perhaps energy increase could be associated with level ups beyond level 30. What more do we need to say before anyone pays attention?

vchanhs
05-22-13, 05:21 PM
I think energy in its current state is fine but my playing style may be different from those that can only play once per day. I think the suggestion with Halloween is cool.

I want a fisherman hut that drop mermaid scales.

bbarra
05-22-13, 07:12 PM
I also think the energy cap should be increased and I like the idea of some things being guaranteed. I wasted 24 energy this morning on 6 red mushroom circles and only got 2 GD out of it. I could have used that energy on collecting and harvesting for badly needed supplies. If no energy increase that at least give 1 energy every 2 minutes instead of 3.

Improve news feed so that neighbors you've gifted back are removed from the list to prevent gifting twice to same person, or a check box you can check to show you gifted back.

bbarra
05-22-13, 07:16 PM
I think there are too many stickies on this forum. Some look like they could be combined

HNO3
05-22-13, 07:31 PM
Were water tiles/streams on a previous poll? I've seen a bunch of people ask for them.
It would be cool if ivy could cook up a new explosive potion. You place it on a rock or tree and it blows it up, giving you the goodies inside without all that hacking away. I imagine it be somewhat expensive, and maybe require a semi-rare drop like fairy jars or venom.

Queenzod
05-22-13, 07:59 PM
Also, I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but we NEED MORE ENERGY!!!! Refill time need to be reduced and energy cap need to be increased proportional to how much work is demanded in a level. I will go to the energy cap thread and say the same thing again. I am getting tired of staying with the game, trusting that there will be improvements.

In the future updates, I hope more levels would be introduced. Perhaps energy increase could be associated with level ups beyond level 30. What more do we need to say before anyone pays attention?

You GO, girl! I am so there with you. It would behoove the developers (did I just say behoove?), to keep us hooked by not boring or frustrating us too much.

Queenzod
05-22-13, 08:01 PM
I also think the energy cap should be increased and I like the idea of some things being guaranteed. I wasted 24 energy this morning on 6 red mushroom circles and only got 2 GD out of it. I could have used that energy on collecting and harvesting for badly needed supplies. If no energy increase that at least give 1 energy every 2 minutes instead of 3.

Improve news feed so that neighbors you've gifted back are removed from the list to prevent gifting twice to same person, or a check box you can check to show you gifted back.

This, too, was on my list of improvements. Trying to track gifting in an organized way is nearly impossible.

SpuriousNotion
05-22-13, 08:01 PM
I definitely think the water tiles/streams/curved paths ideas would all beautify the kingdoms, along with the bridges that would be needed with all that water, of course! Fisherman's hut, obviously desired for the extra fish and possible mermaid scale production, and maybe even something new like pearls as a building/potion component or clams for a chowder.

A phoenix as another pet to help frustrate all of us awaiting the rare components needed to hatch one would be marvelous! A highly desired addition no matter whether it drops feathers for some purpose, or just sits there looking pretty, perhaps even randomly flying around.

blurbie
05-22-13, 08:07 PM
Something for Midsummer! What about a new plant?

ghjvcucjb
05-22-13, 08:07 PM
I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but here I go...

I want a mermaid pond with a mermaid character that triggers quests and goals and afterwards either produces mermaid scales or a trade option where we can dump excess water, because she keeps splashing it out, for scales and maybe pearls for future use.

I also want a dragon. Either a glorious spectacular beast, think Smaug, or a dancing polka dotted one that drops dragon scales for future use.

Just thought of something new...disparate for coal. I'm maxed out on stone, jewels, iron etc but barely ever have enough coal for wisps so maybe a way to convert existing stone into coal in the forge would be nice without having to add another structure.

Sobepeng
05-23-13, 02:47 AM
So... the fisherman's hut will give mermaid scales, glimmer dust, and sap, right? It only makes sense. Just kidding. Those are definitely the most limiting resources in my experience.

Anyway, GO PHOENIX GO! Too excited to see that as one of the poll options. If that gets made, I have a sneaking suspicion my luck would never allow me to have one lol

What would be funny is a Centaur as a character. He would start out cursed like the other characters. In his case, he would be bipedal with a horse head. Once you cure him he would be human torso with horse body and be a shocking revelation.

Sobepeng
05-23-13, 02:50 AM
Sorry for the extra posts. Just ideas popping into my head.

The Centaur could have an aerial enemy as a part of its story which the Centaur would help you construct a bow and arrow to fight the aerial enemies. Maybe wyverns or harpies?

CatLadyy
05-23-13, 03:31 AM
What would be funny is a Centaur as a character. He would start out cursed like the other characters. In his case, he would be bipedal with a horse head. Once you cure him he would be human torso with horse body and be a shocking revelation.

The centaur is a great idea!
I've been looking forward to Halloween since last Halloween, when I started these games. I hope we get a big update that brings Belladonna and a black cat into the picture. I'd also love to see raven trees, pumpkins, bat caves/trees, perhaps a werewolf character..

Sobepeng
05-23-13, 04:49 AM
So in honor of turtle day and my girlfriend's obsession with turtles, I suggest a Turtle

If a Fisherman's Hut is added, there should be sea themed elements to go along with it, no? A turtle would be the perfect addition. Also, they could make this turtle giant. By giant, I mean take up 2x2 spaces. Imagine the fisherman wouldn't be able to pull up his line one day without having any clue why. The line would eventually snap and a new and improved rod and fishing line would need to be made. This would happen a couple of times with characters commenting on a weird giant round shadow in the water and having weird proposals on what to do. Eventually with an improved rod, you capture the turtle (possibly in a ogre king like style where you "fight" a shadow in the sea until you defeat it). Upon completing these quests, you receive the turtle which you can place in your kingdom. Could further extend it by at first the turtle is shy and you have to befriend it with cabbage and other foods.

In summary, GO PHOENIX GO! Centaur! Turtle!

lotuskat
05-23-13, 07:12 AM
Summer Solstice is coming up (June 21), so maybe some funky decor for Ivy! Sun dial, stone henge, etc.

debsbaked
05-23-13, 07:32 AM
Shoot. Big fat finger and small screen. Meant to vote for curved paths, as well! Love the water ideas-should require them to be on waterfront property, too.

Em_storm
05-23-13, 09:14 AM
Something for Midsummer! What about a new plant?

Yeah! How about a giant Venus flytrap? That goal has Ivy written all over it...

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but here I go...

I want a mermaid pond with a mermaid character that triggers quests and goals and afterwards either produces mermaid scales or a trade option where we can dump excess water, because she keeps splashing it out, for scales and maybe pearls for future use.

I also want a dragon. Either a glorious spectacular beast, think Smaug, or a dancing polka dotted one that drops dragon scales for future use.

Just thought of something new...disparate for coal. I'm maxed out on stone, jewels, iron etc but barely ever have enough coal for wisps so maybe a way to convert existing stone into coal in the forge would be nice without having to add another structure.

I am having similar coal issues. Hoped the deep mine would help, but not so much. Maybe a coal-rich rock? :D

The fisherman's hut leads us toward the waterfront (yay!) and perhaps eventually a lighthouse? The mermaid scale drop would make a lot of people happy.

tih1313
05-23-13, 01:16 PM
Definitly more energy, for the level 30.

HNO3
05-23-13, 01:22 PM
I like the solstice/midsummer content ideas. Maybe a bonfire or a new tree?

RotomGuy
05-23-13, 01:25 PM
How about a Chocolate Trade for the Chocolate Truffles, Milk Chocolate and Chocolate Eggs for building materials? I'm maxed out on Choc Truffles and Choc Eggs and nearly on Milk Chocolate.

turtle805
05-23-13, 07:03 PM

Perhaps they could make it so once I max out on the primary item then secondary rare items would become more common. i.e. once I have 99 mushrooms glimmerdust becomes more common. 99 water and mermaid scales become more common

queenofpolharcity
05-24-13, 06:42 AM
Well, since everyone else is "sounding like a broken record" then I won't feel so badly about doing it, also! I've made a coup,e of these suggestions before, but here goes:

1. Have a real, working inventory/storage facility that can hold our things, like glimmer dusts, wisps, ore, and other things that we make or gifted. Now, they are randomly attributed. But if we could place them where and when we want them to be used, it would be much more efficient and our upgrades and quests wouldn't be so, so frustrating!

2. Have a Market that we can buy things with our coins--I currently have 330,000 coins. It would be neat to buy small things like ingredients, seeds, or anything else we need. And a way to cash them in for gems! 1,000 coins = 15 coins, for example.

3. A dragon! A Phoenix! Water-based ships and trade routes!

4. Relax the number of gifts we can give, and let us trade or gift the items we have too much of!

5. Halloween theme, please!!

6. Raise the amount of energy we can have, and ways to get energy! Also fix the cap that prohibits energy to raise when Alicorns or trade routes give us energy. If I buy energy, it will allow me to go over my max energy. But I lose energy if I earn it thru Alicornsnor by trading for it. Unfair! If it works well one way, it should work the other way, too!

7. The Spinning Wheel!!

8. No more expansion tickets to expand, please!! It's hard enough to build the Wisp Lanterns, but to have to do all those ridiculous trades makes it nearly impossible.

9. Have some fun weekly contests! For example, a weekly Best Kingdom Contest! Let a neighbor nominate a neighbor, have criteria already in place, and then take votes! It would be a great incentive for people to visit other kingdoms, for everyone to get busy sprucing up their kingdoms, and it would just be fun! Winners could win gems, like 20 gems for the best Kingdom.

Another one would be Find The Missing_______(insert object here) and the first person to find it is the winner. Or it could be a scavenger hunt. Find these ten items, one from several kingdoms. Again, it would get us looking at different kingdoms, get us busy sprucing up, having fun!

Those are my ideas! I hope they helped some.

jackansi
05-27-13, 07:05 AM
How about letting us see progress on quests that have multiple parts grouped into 1 "0/1" item?

Or to finish the freakin game so people can actually play it to the end without waiting for the next "magical update"?

CottageRose
05-27-13, 08:12 AM
I don't think CS is meant to have an end. I think it is more like an ongoing TV series with episodes.

Oliver118
05-27-13, 11:17 PM
Maybe they could use chocolate items for more stuff after Valentine's Day. Also they should have introduced Rose Petals, because all of the other games had 'rosey' content. Here is some ideas for further use of chocolates:
Workshop
Chocolate Banner-1 Banner Pole, 10 Milk Chocolate, 10 Chocolate Eggs, 5 Chocolate Truffles, 2 Chocolate

Potion shop
Sweet paste-1 Sweet Feast, 10 Chocolate Truffles, 5 Chocolate Eggs, 1 Magic Cement
Sugar Essence-5 Sugar, 10 Milk Chocolate, 10 Chocolate Truffles, 5 Chocolate Eggs
Brown Dye-3 Sugar, 5 Milk Chocolate, 5 Chocolate Eggs

Kitchen
Chocolate Feast-1 Chocolate, 1 Box of Chocolates, 10 Chocolate Eggs

Magic Forge
Sweet armour-5 Chocolate, 5 Sugar, 5 Milk Chocolate

Adventures
Find Sugarland-2 Chocolate Feasts, 5 Sweet Essences, 2 Sweet armour

Buildings
Sweet castle-5 Chocolate Banners, 3 Brown Dye, 2 Sweet Essences,2 Sweet Paste

deedlebeetle
05-28-13, 10:03 PM
Were water tiles/streams on a previous poll? I've seen a bunch of people ask for them.
It would be cool if ivy could cook up a new explosive potion. You place it on a rock or tree and it blows it up, giving you the goodies inside without all that hacking away. I imagine it be somewhat expensive, and maybe require a semi-rare drop like fairy jars or venom.

Great idea! And I was also going to post on water or stream tiles.

Oliver118
05-29-13, 02:48 AM
Great idea!

Sobepeng
05-29-13, 02:59 AM
Level 30 Bonus Energy
I know I'm not level 30 yet, but for those who are, it would be nice that every 5,000 experience they would get a bonus 30 energy like leveling up. Maybe a gauge of some sort that could be activated at a whim?

lotuskat
05-29-13, 06:36 AM
Level 30 Bonus Energy
I know I'm not level 30 yet, but for those who are, it would be nice that every 5,000 experience they would get a bonus 30 energy like leveling up. Maybe a gauge of some sort that could be activated at a whim?

I wonder if TL will ever really be able to up the level cap? Even though I'm Lvl 30, I continue to rack up XP. If TL lifts the cap, I might shoot up to the next cap immediately. I'd then lose out on the energy refresh that comes with leveling up.

Frosty_Wench
05-30-13, 06:37 AM
What I would like to see would be all of the mostly useless coin buildings get some kind of functionality. Mostly this would be in the form of random drops like the windmill occasionally dropping flour. Farm could drop crops every once in a while with the quality tied to the building level. Conservatory could drop petals.

More than these though, I would love to see the marketplace actually function like a market place. This game's economy is always messed up. At each stage you are struggling to keep up the supply of one thing while others go to waste. In the beginning you can never have enough sap. Then iron goes flying out the door. For me at level 27 trying to get Sabina and upgrade buildings, its wood. Meanwhile, I can't use stone fast enough (esp with 2 deep mines). If we could buy and sell at the marketplace it would do wonders towards creating a stable economy. Maybe the imbalance is an intentional part of the game, but I just have a hard time with so much inefficiency in a game designed around being efficient.

RotomGuy
05-30-13, 06:42 AM
What I would like to see would be all of the mostly useless coin buildings get some kind of functionality. Mostly this would be in the form of random drops like the windmill occasionally dropping flour. Farm could drop crops every once in a while with the quality tied to the building level. Conservatory could drop petals.

More than these though, I would love to see the marketplace actually function like a market place. This game's economy is always messed up. At each stage you are struggling to keep up the supply of one thing while others go to waste. In the beginning you can never have enough sap. Then iron goes flying out the door. For me at level 27 trying to get Sabina and upgrade buildings, its wood. Meanwhile, I can't use stone fast enough (esp with 2 deep mines). If we could buy and sell at the marketplace it would do wonders towards creating a stable economy. Maybe the imbalance is an intentional part of the game, but I just have a hard time with so much inefficiency in a game designed around being efficient.

I would love an actual neighbour market place to bits.

There should be 3 search categories:
Random (Random offers of random things)
Neighbour (Random offers from neighbours)
Specific (Searched offers from random people)

You could offer items, and request up to three other different items, a specific amount of coins, or even gems.

Also, just to make it TL standard, there should be a 20% delivery fee where you have to send 20% extra. (Eg, if sending 50 Glimmerdust, you would have to send 60 although they would only receive 50)

RotomGuy
05-30-13, 11:16 AM
The Fabled Lotus Lake, an object you can expand too.

When neighbours visit you, they can tend to the Lotus Lake. It doesn't matter if you have all hearts, no hearts, neighbours can tend to it no matter what. (unless you have 99 charge petals)

When you come on, you can tend to it, it will drop Charge Petals, one for each neighbour that tended to it.

In the Lotus Lake, you can craft various interesting objects with these Charge Petals.

For 10, you can craft a Poison Mist. This will appear alongside the swords when battling monsters. This brings the monster down to 1 HP (except Troll King)
For 20, you can craft an Instant Fertiliser. This instantly grows one tree to adulthood.
For 40, you can craft an Instant Maturity. This instantly grows one animal to adulthood.
For 99, you can craft a Lotus Bird, which drops rare items.

There could be other crafts, but that's all I can think of right now.

wolfchaser
05-31-13, 03:41 PM
I'm hoping TL can revisit their Alicorn part dropping algorithm. I have in now close to 5 months of daily adventures received only a single wing. Meanwhile I have accumulated 6 Beast Statues, 4 Campfires and got a 3rd Big Ruby from Pigglesworth today. Reading the Alicorn thread I know I'm not the only one out there so TL please help!

kittensabc
06-01-13, 02:19 PM
New character: Robert the physician. Problem: Nasty cold. Solution: Thomas needs feasts as he tries to find the answer in his cluttered library, Ivy makes potions that are very complicated, Thurston tries to scare it away with a mask, and Sabina needs a harp from a new quest to cure him. (Sabina succeeds) Then perhaps an animal/plant disease breaks out and Robert goes exploring for the cure? Im sick so I started thinking about this...

Oliver118
06-02-13, 12:43 AM
I wonder if TL will ever really be able to up the level cap? Even though I'm Lvl 30, I continue to rack up XP. If TL lifts the cap, I might shoot up to the next cap immediately. I'd then lose out on the energy refresh that comes with leveling up.

By the way, there's another thread talking about energy increase, from 30 energy to 40 energy!

Oliver118
06-02-13, 11:32 PM

When upgrading, Farmhouse should also drop animal parts and, at level 5, possibly Prime Cuts and Truffles to replace the missing resources from the Stable. Market should drop all those resources required for the Market requests once you complete them all. Tavern should drop feasts and also if there's a Tavern we definitely need it to drop wine which could be used in Bandits adventure or Dark Caves adventure.

Oliver118
06-02-13, 11:35 PM
By the way, Frosty Wench, you're right. I'm struggling with Water and Iron at the moment (well, now I'm not struggling with Iron after the Bandits adventure). I've got about 90 Wood and Stone but I'm running out of trees and for stone I only have my Sparkling Mine (I can't buy the Large Rocks, they take up too much precious space, I guess I'll just wait until I expand:)

meykaboo
06-03-13, 08:20 PM
I need a dairy! Stables aren't dropping nearly enough milk for everything I need it for :/ we definitely need something to drop more mermaid scales and sap. I have full water but no scales and max wood but no sap!

meykaboo
06-03-13, 08:22 PM
That sounds brilliant!

Oliver118
06-03-13, 11:21 PM
I need a dairy! Stables aren't dropping nearly enough milk for everything I need it for :/ we definitely need something to drop more mermaid scales and sap. I have full water but no scales and max wood but no sap!

Really?! I'm maxed out on Sap, but have only 1 or 2 Water, which is bad 'cause I need it badly in my Kitchen and Potion Shop:eek:

RotomGuy
06-04-13, 09:33 AM
Two mini-bosses.

Mother Sapder - 30 HP
This creature is a strange spider elevated with 4 very long legs. The player must first defeat these four legs (each with 4 HP) before the head falls to the ground and can be attacked. The head has 14 HP. It drops lots of sap, Sapder eggs and more.

Jewelled Juggernaut - 9 HP
This monster is very tough, but not at all shatter resistant. When given the option of three sword strikes, two will do no damage, and one will do one damage. However, thanks to its fragile body it only has 9 HP. It drops lots of jewels, Rare Gems, and more.

These are to make the rare Tree and Rock drops more accessible.

The Sapder Eggs can be incubated in the Magic Forge into baby Sapders, who you can place like animals and receive Wood, Sap and even Glue rarely, but with a slow collection time of 7 hours.

The Rare Gems can be traded along with normal Jewels for a random selection of completely random drops; anything not too rare or overpowered.

mamareader02
06-04-13, 10:05 AM
Shorter adventures!!!!maybe through a building that's not the castle?and option for more kitchens

omniBliss
06-04-13, 04:01 PM
I noticed a suggestion from the T&T thread from user mommy1951...

I think we should get a banner, flag, or some kind of object to put into our kingdoms that match the trial/badges we received each time we complete one.

meykaboo
06-04-13, 04:03 PM
Really?! I'm maxed out on Sap, but have only 1 or 2 Water, which is bad 'cause I need it badly in my Kitchen and Potion Shop:eek:

Oh no that's so weird our needs are so opposite! I can't get sap to save my life lol I wish we could trade our stuff haha!

meykaboo
06-04-13, 04:04 PM
New character: Robert the physician. Problem: Nasty cold. Solution: Thomas needs feasts as he tries to find the answer in his cluttered library, Ivy makes potions that are very complicated, Thurston tries to scare it away with a mask, and Sabina needs a harp from a new quest to cure him. (Sabina succeeds) Then perhaps an animal/plant disease breaks out and Robert goes exploring for the cure? Im sick so I started thinking about this...

I meant to say this sounds brilliant earlier, idk why it didn't quote it I guess I hit the wrong reply button =D

omniBliss
06-04-13, 04:05 PM
SUGGESTION:

More coal or add to workshop... X(wood)=Y(coal)=Z(short time)

kittensabc
06-04-13, 06:30 PM
I meant to say this sounds brilliant earlier, idk why it didn't quote it I guess I hit the wrong reply button =D

Thank you! I was so bored that I wrote out the entire quest line, complete with conversation, pop ups, stuff in the parenthesis, and rewards. My favorite was Ivy, it's like defeating peril x3

R6rider420
06-04-13, 06:34 PM
is it possible to restart my kingdom, as someone else played my game and I want to play it all myself.

kittensabc
06-04-13, 06:54 PM
No, you can make a new one on a different device.

Oliver118
06-04-13, 10:50 PM
is it possible to restart my kingdom, as someone else played my game and I want to play it all myself.

Unless you buy a new device (iOS only) and install Castle story, then no.:D

Lilipipi
06-04-13, 11:45 PM

You can... in a convoluted way. Transfer the game to an unsuspecting person's iphone (needs to be someone who has never played CS). Then you can start a brand new game on your own device. :)

Lilipipi
06-04-13, 11:47 PM
Actually the unsuspecting person needs to be someone who never played any of TL's games. Once someone establishes stormID on a device, games cannot be transferred.

StExpedite
06-05-13, 05:21 AM
How about a nighttime option? Your building lights and lanterns are glowing and twinkling, and special monsters come out that give your choice of drops from a list of items such as one wisp lantern or one architect's paste?

kittensabc
06-05-13, 06:50 AM
How about a nighttime option? Your building lights and lanterns are glowing and twinkling, and special monsters come out that give your choice of drops from a list of items such as one wisp lantern or one architect's paste?

Minus the rewards, that is a great idea! It would be cool if Castle Story followed real time, it's night when you go to bed!

StExpedite
06-05-13, 06:56 AM
Wouldn't it be great to visit everyone's kingdom and see it all lit up?

Oliver118
06-05-13, 10:55 PM
Wouldn't it be great to visit everyone's kingdom and see it all lit up?

Yeah! Maybe we could have a Night Fury coming to our kingdoms at night, it could be our night monster.
It likes dark, unlit, poor places (town buildings and mines, in this case.) In poor places the people are defenseless and do not have many valuables at all. You would need a Poor Blade, craftable in the Workshop. It requires Wood, Stone, Coal and Tree Sap. Then reinforce a Poor Blade with Jewels, Fancy Beams and Blocks and Silver in the Magic Forge to create an Enriched Blade, which is used to defeat a Night Fury.

Night Furies could drop:
Eclipse jewels
Dark pearls
Invisible fur
Devil's wings
Ghost in a jar (this is like Faerie in a Jar)

All these materials and other materials can be used in the Night Forgery. The Night Forgery acts like a mixture of all crafting buildings with different recipes. You can only buy it at night, and you can only activate it at night. This comes with a new adventure, Quest to the Moon spirits. It also comes with a new building, the Haunted Tower, home to the Night Princess, a new character. This could come in the next major update, as we're still in time.

Oliver118
06-05-13, 11:09 PM
Night Forgery recipes:

Midnight feast
10 Dark Chocolate
5 Black Beef
8 Midnight Sauce

Midnight Sauce
10 Water
5 Tomato
5 Dark Chocolate

Dark Chocolate
10 Cocoa Beans
5 Ghost Essence

Black Beef
10 Beef (from Cows, I've mentioned this update in this thread)
5 Midnight Sauce

Ghost Essence
5 Eclipse Jewels
5 Dark Pearls
10 Water
2 Devil's Wings

Black Nugget
2 Gold Nugget
10 Silver Ore

Special (Freeing the Night Princess)
Night Essence
5 Invisible Fur
5 Ghost in a jar
5 Eclipse Jewels
10 Water

Feline to human potion
2 Midnight Essence
8 Invisible Fur
2 Devil's Wings
5 Dark Pearls

Midnight tiara
10 Dark Pearls
10 Eclipse Jewels
5 Jewels
1 Black Nugget

Midnight Amulet
5 Ghost Essence
1 Black Nugget

Trade with the Night Princess
5 Midnight Feast
5 Ghost Essence
5 Dark Chocolate
5 Black Beef
5 Ghost in a jar

Quest to the Moon spirits
1 Enriched Blade
1 Black Nugget
1 Midnight Feast
8000 coins

Haunted Tower (Materials)
2 Black Nuggets
1 Midnight Amulet
2 Enriched Blades

RotomGuy
06-05-13, 11:15 PM
Two mini-bosses.

Mother Sapder - 30 HP
This creature is a strange spider elevated with 4 very long legs. The player must first defeat these four legs (each with 4 HP) before the head falls to the ground and can be attacked. The head has 14 HP. It drops lots of sap, Sapder eggs and more.

Jewelled Juggernaut - 9 HP
This monster is very tough, but not at all shatter resistant. When given the option of three sword strikes, two will do no damage, and one will do one damage. However, thanks to its fragile body it only has 9 HP. It drops lots of jewels, Rare Gems, and more.

These are to make the rare Tree and Rock drops more accessible.

The Sapder Eggs can be incubated in the Magic Forge into baby Sapders, who you can place like animals and receive Wood, Sap and even Glue rarely, but with a slow collection time of 7 hours.

The Rare Gems can be traded along with normal Jewels for a random selection of completely random drops; anything not too rare or overpowered.

No one like my boss idea? :0

Anyway I'm going to so suggest some Night ideas because I was thinking of the Night idea myself :D

At Night, certain drop rates are altered.
eg, Mermaid Scales drop more, Fish drop less.

Skunkupines and Fangbeasts won't appear, and two new monsters will appear in their place.

Dusk Bandit - 3 HP
These creatures are not humans and look like Kobolds. To defeat, you need the Immediate Blade. Crafted in the Magic Forge and requires:

25 Iron
35 Silver
5 Earth Wisps

When you pick 1 of the three sword options, only one of the options will do any damage. The other two options will just make the Dusk Bandit evade your attack.
They drop 0-2 Earth Wisps, 3-11 Jewels, 0-1 Longswords and 1 Dusk Outfit.

Frostle - 9 HP
These huge beetles only come out during the midnight chills. To attack one, you need a Heated Longsword. To obtain one, trade with a collecter in the Royal Exchange

20 Jewels
8 Rare Gems*
1 Big Red Ruby

*check my boss post above
The shell is the one with the 8 out of 9 HP. Once the creature has 1 HP remaining, it will appear to have no shell. However, the shell can be removed easier than hitting it 8 times. If you leave it next to a light source or Magic Forge, it's shell will melt away at a slow rate of 1 damage per 1 minute.
It drops 4-6 Frost Sheets, 1-2 Frostle Wings and a few Silver.

Oliver118
06-05-13, 11:29 PM
Night goals
This chain starts with Old Thomas.

Goal #1-Poor Economy
Pay 5000 coins for lamps in poor areas
Craft a Poor Blade
REWARDS: 500 coins, 15 XP

Goal #2-Agitating the Night Spirits
Defeat 5 Night Furies
Craft an Enriched Blade
REWARDS: 1,500 coins, 30 XP, unlocks Quest to the Moon Spirits

This part involves the Night Princess.

Goal#3-Direction to freedom
Build 1 Night Forgery
Craft Ghost Essence
REWARDS: 2,500 coins, 55 XP, unlocks Midnight Feast

Goal #4-Hungry knights
Craft Dark Chocolate
Craft Black Beef
Craft Midnight Sauce
Craft a Midnight Feast
REWARDS: 3,000 coins, 60 XP

Goal #5-Sending Knights Skyward
Craft 1 Black Nugget
Craft 1 Enriched Blades
Send your knights off on Quest to the Moon Spirits
REWARDS:3,500 coins, 100 XP

Goal #6-Midnight Magic
Craft 1 Night Essence
Give Night Essence to the Night Princess
REWARDS: 4,000 coins, 115 XP, unlocks Feline to human potion

Goal #7-The Rightful Cure
Give the Feline to Human potion to the Night Princess
REWARDS: 4,500 coins, 130 XP, unlocks Midnight Tiara

Goal #8-Lost Tiara
Defeat a Night Fury
Craft a Midnight Tiara
REWARDS: 5,000 coins, 145 XP

Goal #9-An Old Friend
Introduce Gabrielle to Sabina
Craft 2 Dark Chocolate
REWARDS: 5,500 coins, 160 XP, unlocks Midnight Amulet

Goal #10-Lost Amulet
Craft the Midnight Amulet
REWARDS: 6,000 coins, 175 XP, unlocks Haunted Tower

Goal #11-Princess Honor
Craft 2 Black Nuggets
Craft 2 Enriched Blades
Build a Haunted Tower
REWARDS: 10 gems, 200 XP

BungoCook
06-05-13, 11:34 PM

A bit of work into the neighbours and items in the inventory is desperately needed. If we could have a list in our inventories of who last gifted you and when you gifted them back would be so welcome. But more than any thing else the ability to gift more neighbours! Come on TL you did it with the energy?
The reorganisation of the inventory too is so needed. Even if it was just on the basis of where things came from. Ie materials from plants, mines, water, animals, rare drops and stuff you have crafted.
I vote for more mermaid scales, anything other than a water resource that would drop these would be great and that leads me into my broken record- water trade routes for spices scales and exotic items.
No night time for me, despite all that amazing work you did Oliver118. I am addicted enough and I can see me never getting any sleep at all if that idea comes in.

StExpedite
06-06-13, 10:11 AM
Yes! All great ideas

lotuskat
06-07-13, 05:45 AM
Helping un-Sparkled, un-Hearted Buildings
I might be in the minority here, but sometimes I wish I could "sparkle" neighbors' buildings that haven't yet been tapped by another player and don't have hearts over them. I'm not talking about crafting buildings and others that you can never "sparkle," but rather farms, cottages, etc. In City Story Metro, you can help buildings that have the doorbell over them (CSM's equivalent of hearts), but you can also help those buildings that are not sparkled and do not have doorbells over them. It would be great since, at least with neighbors with large Kingdoms, I don't have to go searching far and wide for that last one or two hearts. I can just tap the first resource buildings that I see that aren't sparkling. Just a thought! (^_^)

bsohn
06-07-13, 01:10 PM
I am reposting this from a thread I started that I probably shouldn't have.

#1 - I know the update just made glimmer dust a little more accessible but I have the following suggestion:

Alchemy - 5 glimmer dust from 1 Fairy Jar, 5 silver, 20 glimmer bulbs with maybe about a 4-6 hour turnaround

#2 - Update the marketplace menus to sort of be like Dragon Story in that they will let you know when you have reached the current Maximum allotment of certain buildings.

#3 - Add more levels beyond 30, if for nothing but to indicate time of play and give a little extra to the community as they get to each level and get a non capped energy refill.

I think that is all I have for now but I am thinking there was something else I though of but can't remember.

Brion

ashleighncurrie
06-07-13, 02:21 PM
I don't know of anyone had said this. But a plum tree would be cool as they also give off a lot of sap which I'm always lacking recently. And it gives an option of plum pie or jam in the kitchen

parlski
06-07-13, 05:44 PM
im with BungoCook on the inventory sorting. I often want to see how much wheat I have, etc. and find it a bit of a bother to scroll through all the items to get info on quantities. maybe new categories? some categories have nothing in them.

maguar
06-07-13, 10:37 PM
Thanks again everyone. You'll find the new suggestion thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?53276-Castle-Story-Suggestion-Thread).