PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock prime rib, fruitcake, etc Restaurant Story

2C2J
05-20-13, 01:00 PM
I know I completed the christmas story goals, but I wasn't able to unlock prime rib for oven. Anyone know how to unlock? I'm in level 99.

lotuskat
05-20-13, 01:19 PM
They're from a much older Christmas Story RS game I think. The recipes expired whenever that game expired. I don't know why TL keeps them on the recipes when there's no way to unlock them. That said, I think TL unlocked one set of old holiday edition recipes so maybe TL will unlock these as well sometime in the future.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 06:00 PM
The goal-locked stuff isn't going anywhere, ever. Not the recipes, the appliances, the decor, none of it. It can't. If TL removed all that stuff just so those of us who didn't get it all unlocked wouldn't have to look at it anymore, it would no longer be available to the people who did unlock it.

nmishii
05-20-13, 06:27 PM
TL doesn't need to remove the stuff from everyone. They can, after goals expire, make the items visible to those who unlocked them, and not visible to everyone else.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 06:54 PM
No, they actually can't. If specific entries in the cookbook/design tab/anywhere databases are hidden from view, they're hidden from view, gamewide, period. They can't pick and choose who gets to see what, it's either there, or it isn't.

If the programmers want to come along and correct me, I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but I'm 95% certain that we're just stuck being mocked by all the stuff we can't have. :\

Oliver118
05-20-13, 09:15 PM
No, they actually can't. If specific entries in the cookbook/design tab/anywhere databases are hidden from view, they're hidden from view, gamewide, period. They can't pick and choose who gets to see what, it's either there, or it isn't.

If the programmers want to come along and correct me, I'll gladly admit I was wrong, but I'm 95% certain that we're just stuck being mocked by all the stuff we can't have. :\

Like the Summer sports podium or Medal Greeter.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 11:17 PM
Like the Summer sports podium or Medal Greeter.

I don't see those, sounds like Olympic stuff, that's an Android thing isn't it? I'm IOS. I see 5 floor decors in mine - eternal roses I'd love to have, the rest not so much. I don't know what all recipes are goal-locked from before my time on RS because my stoves still have 4 hours before I can look, but I would want them all no matter what they are. Tell you what though, BS is the real kicker, it's the one with locked appliances staring me in the face, and decor that I can never get. But I just try not to look at it, that's really the only option. :(

lotuskat
05-21-13, 08:09 AM
For some reason I do have items in storage that are no longer available for purchase.

TinksThots
05-21-13, 08:42 AM
For some reason I do have items in storage that are no longer available for purchase.

You have to be using the version you were using when you bought them. Example: When running the regular versions of RS/BS, I can pull out and use my xmas appliances, but there's no price above them, and if I pull them all out, their spot disappears from the design mode appliance tab until I put them back. But if I run the xmas versions, the price is there, and if I pull all mine out, I can still buy more.