PDA

View Full Version : Game strategy question...

lady_saphira
05-20-13, 11:56 AM
Just looking to get some advice on game strategy...I'm about a level 27 and have roughly 35 dragons including some rares and super rares. I only have one at epic level and just recently acquired the night dragon (in the nest now!). It took me 2 days just to save up the 500k needed for the habitat. Once that one is hatched, I had about decided to focus on feeding them and leveling them up to epic. Is that a good plan or should I focus more on breeding and hatching? I play on android and am on several times the the day. So, should I feed & breed or feed & evolve?

annbluebird
05-20-13, 11:58 AM
Breed. Depends of how many dragons you are missing

RotomGuy
05-20-13, 12:00 PM
Some dragons don't take too long to evolve, so you can try for other dragons while one is evolving. I would prioritise breeding and evolve the dragon after you get what you want, though.

Takiofallen
05-20-13, 01:23 PM
breed away. with the amount of food the new dragons eat you should try and breed all generation 1 dragons first. Adding that they are removing 2 dragons a week you never know which one is next

elwood99
05-20-13, 02:09 PM
Just looking to get some advice on game strategy...I'm about a level 27 and have roughly 35 dragons including some rares and super rares. I only have one at epic level and just recently acquired the night dragon (in the nest now!). It took me 2 days just to save up the 500k needed for the habitat. Once that one is hatched, I had about decided to focus on feeding them and leveling them up to epic. Is that a good plan or should I focus more on breeding and hatching? I play on android and am on several times the the day. So, should I feed & breed or feed &
evolve?

I suggest not taking any dragons to epic yet. Keep your cost low by planting fireapples (1hr) or plant even 3 min food! At this stage, do not sell any dragons, do any goals yet (unless the give gold). Do not get the trading or spell shop just yet. Keep breeding and buying habitats. Evolve your dragons to lvl6 (duplicates to lvl 4) and stop for now. If you have 2-3 dragons per habitat you will realise in 2-3 hrs you will reach max coins. So you should visit DS every 2-3hrs.
Once you are able to reach about 360,000 coins or even more in about a day. try to breed the light and pink dragons. Get the trading and spell shop to trade unwanted dragons.replace as many red habitats with as possible.

Once you reach about 40 habitats with 2-3 dragons each. You could afford to do the dawn goals etc. If you happen to breed diamond then of course take it to epic

elwood99
05-20-13, 02:15 PM
There is a breeding strategy about multiple targeting and higher rarity targeting but that wont work now because of removal of super rare dragons. See Takiofallen post on breeding

addictmOde
05-20-13, 03:14 PM
The way I got a few levels was buying Diamond, Pink and Black Habitats then sell. I'm Lv58, got TONS of dragons but only about 15 epic. I'm starting to save up for Cosmic and Mythic habitats (6 million each). I still have a lot of quests to finish, most hard are Night breeds. Also add a lot of neighbors and visit daily. Try and max you're habitat total so neighbors can play with as many dragons as they can so you get more coins.

elwood99
05-20-13, 04:20 PM
The way I got a few levels was buying Diamond, Pink and Black Habitats then sell. I'm Lv58, got TONS of dragons but only about 15 epic. I'm starting to save up for Cosmic and Mythic habitats (6 million each). I still have a lot of quests to finish, most hard are Night breeds. Also add a lot of neighbors and visit daily. Try and max you're habitat total so neighbors can play with as many dragons as they can so you get more coins.

Lvls are pointless, no? And sometimes can harm you, for example at lower levels you can get athletic but a few lvls up you can also get magic. Some players leveled up and find it hard to get athletic and get the magic curse instead.

kwhales
05-20-13, 04:35 PM
If you want to epic any, go for the older dragons which eat a lot less. Do a short evolve time, then a long one, then short etc. you will get the satisfaction of the short breed times and not let all the long breed times till the end. (Having to wait around time after time is a ****er).

HenryLucky1
05-20-13, 04:39 PM
You can evolve if you like which form better, baby, juvenile, adult or epic. You can see all dragons form in this forum, I always see the form of dragon if I want evolve it:)

affankhilji
05-20-13, 09:09 PM
Hi to all I am newbie here I am playing dragon story for last 15 day I want to know what are the maximum no of apples dragons feed at time
My dragons are asking for 1000 pcs what should I do

moosehay
05-20-13, 10:59 PM
I suggest not taking any dragons to epic yet. Keep your cost low by planting fireapples (1hr) or plant even 3 min food! At this stage, do not sell any dragons, do any goals yet (unless the give gold). Do not get the trading or spell shop just yet. Keep breeding and buying habitats. Evolve your dragons to lvl6 (duplicates to lvl 4) and stop for now. If you have 2-3 dragons per habitat you will realise in 2-3 hrs you will reach max coins. So you should visit DS every 2-3hrs.
Once you are able to reach about 360,000 coins or even more in about a day. try to breed the light and pink dragons. Get the trading and spell shop to trade unwanted dragons.replace as many red habitats with as possible.

Once you reach about 40 habitats with 2-3 dragons each. You could afford to do the dawn goals etc. If you happen to breed diamond then of course take it to epic There is no trading and crafting, spell shop or dawn goals on Android. If it were me, I would take a balanced approach and breed the older dragons first as they are being removed. There is no reason to not keep planting low cost food and level up when you can also. I would max out on habitats first though and then fill them all, duplicates included and then sell off the duplicates as needed to make space for new unique dragons bred. At the same time, try to keep at least one or two extra grid spaces cleared so you can manuever habitats or place a new one when the cap is raised.

affankhilji
05-22-13, 06:22 AM
You play on android or IOS? If android, you'll feed 1000 apples at level 9 on Dragon Story: New dawn (search on Google play), if you IOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) Just feed it :D (on IOS, all dragons's feed are not same and so much)

Thanks for the reply I play it on android 1000 apple feed is the last level after it i will not have to feed it?