PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story 2 - game crashes when new neighbour request arrive

lucky8canuck
05-20-13, 11:08 AM
Title pretty much says it all. In the new Farm Story 2 game, whenever I receive a new neighbour request (appears under neighbours tab and newsfeed), the game crashes, and I need to restart. The game has crashed repeatedly and 95% of the time when I restart I see the new neighbour requests, so I am presuming that this is the cause.

[S8] Elsa
05-20-13, 12:55 PM
Please try reinstalling the game. Let us know if this does not resolve the issue. Your game progress is saved on our servers and will not be affected.

lucky8canuck
05-20-13, 04:57 PM
Arghh....I had typed up a whole post showing my tracking of the crashing for an hour, but forgot to make sure I was still logged into the forum before posting *sigh*

Short version (since I don't want to do it again): Basically, I deleted the program, did hard reset, reinstalled, and started playing. I don't know if it was crashing more after reinstalling, or if it just seemed that way since I was keeping track of the crashes, but it was crashing a lot. In an hour, it crashed 20 times, and each time I started back up, there were either 1-3 new neighbour requests, new wall posts, or both.

Between the last two crashes, I started clearing my wall posts and a few posts came in, and no crash occurred. It wasn't until a wall post came in while visiting a neighbour's farm that the final crash happened. I'm assuming if I actively checked the social neighbours' tab for new requests that the game would not crash too.

lucky8canuck
05-24-13, 06:14 AM
Please try reinstalling the game. Let us know if this does not resolve the issue. Your game progress is saved on our servers and will not be affected.

My game is still crashing. I ended up doing a full restore and started by only installing Farm Story 2, yet still crashed. I also did the recent update available, and now in addition to new neighbour requests and wall posts, my game crashes when trying to collect or post to my shop, as well as trying to buy or leave a neighbour's shop. I have other TL games, and this is the only one that appears to have a problem. Is there anything else that can be done to get this fixed?

kooky panda
05-24-13, 07:44 AM
What specific device are you playing on?
What is your current software version on your device?

lucky8canuck
05-24-13, 08:09 AM
What specific device are you playing on?
What is your current software version on your device?

I'm playing on an iPod Touch 4G with OS 6.1.3. Just checked the "Diagnostics & Usage" section on iPod and there are a slew of "LowMemory" reports, if that helps. I usually only had the one game open when playing due to the crashing issue.

FrozenTurtle
05-24-13, 04:06 PM
I'm playing on an iPod Touch 4G with OS 6.1.3. Just checked the "Diagnostics & Usage" section on iPod and there are a slew of "LowMemory" reports, if that helps. I usually only had the one game open when playing due to the crashing issue.

Thanks for letting us know! Are you currently connected to Facebook in your game? We'll see if we can make updates to provide smoother gameplay for the 4th Generation iPod Touch. In the meantime, you might be able to avoid these issues by slowing down your tapping. Thanks for your patience!

lucky8canuck
05-31-13, 06:25 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Are you currently connected to Facebook in your game? We'll see if we can make updates to provide smoother gameplay for the 4th Generation iPod Touch. In the meantime, you might be able to avoid these issues by slowing down your tapping. Thanks for your patience!

I did the latest update and the crashes, while still happening, are at least happening less. Seems to only be happening now when accessing the Shop (either mine or neighbours). For my shop, it occurs every time I put something up for sale. When I click the "sell" button, there is a long pause, and then crash. However, when restarting the game, the item is always shows up in my shop. So, if I want to put three items up for sale, I have to go through three crashes and restarts to do it.

The game also crashes when collecting from the shop. However, I noticed if i collect really fast then close the shop window immediately after the game doesn't crash, but lags a bit before I can do anything and animation restarts. When accessing neighbours shop, it takes a while before purchase takes place (lags again), and if it goes through without crashing, it will often, but not always, crash when closing the shop window.

That said, there are no new low memory reports showing up in Diagnostics as were appearing before, although accessing shop aside from crashes is still very slow (ie lags). The store issue existed before the update, but the neighbour requests/wall post crashes have stopped.