PDA

View Full Version : 'Inventory for tips'

goofy42
05-20-13, 10:20 AM
I think it would be great to have an inventory for tips. I have many neighbors who are full when I try to tip. So, I write the customary ' full, let me know when clear' comment. Then, I keep checking to see if they reply, or I simply check their places. It would be great if every player had a storage inventory, simply for tips that neighbors try to leave. It would be the same amount as if the person had actually tipped...6 . (I guess this would just apply to neighbors, not 'friends'). Then, when the player clears off the tables, they can open their inventory, see who tipped them, and collect the tips. I know this may sound weird, but I think it would save time. And I hate it when there are 4 or 5 empty tables to tip, and I need to write a message anyway to 'lmkwc', just for those remaining tips. I know it may seem as if this would encourage players not to check their places as often as they do, but I don't think that's the case. Most players do enjoy playing and do need to check on food items, etc. Opinions on this?

TinksThots
05-20-13, 11:11 AM
On the surface, an "endless tips" function does seem like a great idea, or a tip jar sort of thing like others have suggested before, where everybody could just tip everybody the max amount no matter when they visited, no one would ever have to worry about keeping their tables cleared, or revisiting, or any of the mess everyone is familiar with when it comes to tipping, but when you really think about it, tipping is one of the major playing aspects of the game, and those very features these ideas are trying to get rid of, are the features that were designed on purpose when the concept of tipping was created. So no, I don't think it should be changed. It's kinda like saying, "All my friends should always be home all the time when I decide to come by, and always be ready for whatever I want them to be ready for, all the time." It just doesn't work that way, and neither does the "stopping by for a visit" aspect of the game. ;)

goofy42
05-20-13, 01:56 PM
well, as I said, it was a weird idea:). I guess I thought of it because there have been times when my neighbors were full, and, for whatever reason, I never got a chance to visit them again that day. I do make it a pont to tip everyone everyday, so I just figured this might be a back-up plan to assure that that happens:)But I certainly do get your points about the idea. thanks for replying.

goofy42
05-20-13, 01:57 PM
'Point', not 'pont':)

TinksThots
05-20-13, 06:14 PM
It's on us to see that we get all 6 tips to our neighbors every day(if we choose to include tipping in our play style), and it's on them to make sure we have a place to leave those tips. It's all part of the give-and-take, which shows up in more than one aspect of the game. Take gifting, for example. It's not really gifting, per se... it's more of an item exchange system. This game is a lot more intricate than it first appears. I love that. :D