PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying thing ever...

TravSF
05-17-13, 02:59 PM
Ok, its happened before and now its happening again. When I come home from work/school and check my restaurant and it says that I earned x amount of dollars while I was away, as soon as I click the design button and move something in front of the door so customers can't get in, I loose all of the money that it just said I earned while I was away and I also loose the amount of plates that have been eaten. It's super annoying. If I choose to make a dish that takes a couple days to cook, I loose all progress for two days as well as a lot of money. The first time it happened I had a ton of food for my customers as I went on a week vacation and when I came back I had earned over 2 million dollars while I was away and lost it all with the click of a button. Today I just got lost 300 thousand. The first time it happened I posted on here and no one cared and so now I hope someone will at least listen and potentially fix this bug or I'm done for good. Has this happened to anyone else before? Please try and fix this issue .
I see my income decrease by the hundreds of thousands in 2.5 seconds. Thanks.

cosmolife
05-17-13, 03:44 PM
Yes it happens to me all the time! Very frustrating and upsetting. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I have no idea what the cause is or if there's a fix. My own solution to this problem is... after I open the game and see the popup msg telling me how much $ I've earned while I was away... I quickly close the game so that it saves the $ to the servers. I then open the game second time and then it's safe to carry on without fear of losing my $.

If this is a bug, I hope they fix it soon coz it's annoying having to open and close game twice before it's safe to play.

kooky panda
05-17-13, 03:50 PM
Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game. When you block the door, issues can happen.

What is the version number of the game you are playing? (Under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen)

TravSF
05-17-13, 04:15 PM
Blocking the door may not be part of the design of the game but certainly everyone who plays this game has at least tried it, it's a good tactic for piling food. With this being extremely evident, why wouldn't an issue like this be resolved when clearly I'm not the only one being affected (cosmolife) and when I brought this to TL's attention well over a year ago. I use version 1.4.1.

cosmolife
05-17-13, 04:33 PM
In my case, I'm not even blocking the door. I can be doing anything... designing, cooking... anything... and the game freezes for a second and then my $ is gone! Or I can be visiting neighbors to tip them, then tap home button to come back to my game and receive popup msg that I've earned $ while I was gone...and game freezes a second and that $ is gone too.

kooky panda
05-17-13, 04:40 PM
Blocking the door may not be part of the design of the game but certainly everyone who plays this game has at least tried it, it's a good tactic for piling food. With this being extremely evident, why wouldn't an issue like this be resolved when clearly I'm not the only one being affected (cosmolife) and when I brought this to TL's attention well over a year ago. I use version 1.4.1.
Version 1.4.1 is not a current version for Restaurant story. This may be the problem. There were some issues with the older versions, where coins went missing.
You will need to update to the current version of the game.
I think 1.4.1 was an IOS version.
The current IOS game for Restaurant is the regular game version 1.6.8.

cosmolife
05-17-13, 04:53 PM
Ah thank you Kooky. That could be the reason. I just checked my game and I have version 1.6.5

TinksThots
05-18-13, 12:01 AM
Ah thank you Kooky. That could be the reason. I just checked my game and I have version 1.6.5

Careful if you're on an older device. The new v1.6.8 requires IOS 4.3 or higher. A 2nd gen ipod, for example, will never go higher than IOS 4.2.1. If you're in that boat, like me, we can't update, or we can't play. :(

speckiepoo
05-20-13, 03:19 PM
This happens to me all the time as well and I play on 4 devices :-( The most annoying is when all my food gifts from the counter disappears after the game syncs then I'm left with nothing. Also, sometimes food that has been cooking for a day suddenly disappears when I prepare it--that's aggrevating!!! And on my iPhone, I lose money all the time!!! How am I going to level up in a timely manner if all these are happening??? All these things happening with the latest version :-( so sad...

kimandamelia
05-22-13, 06:47 AM
I don't know if this relates to the issue, but the freezing also affects the collectibles! I finally got the coat to collect the 15,000 coins and 750 xp points, I had a freeze for a few seconds, and then poof! My coat and earnings were gone!!!! THAT was terribly upsetting!