PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Query

Runefox
05-17-13, 12:16 PM
Hi folks! Wondered if you could help. Myself and another neighbour seem to be unable to expand into our last square on - I guess you could call it - the starting zone. We're a little puzzled as we're being offered expansion slots on all the other isles we've not got to yet, but not this one last square.

We've seen lots of other neighbours have cleared that whole area, but we can't seem to. It's just not letting us expand into it. See pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/freya_bean/image_zpsf3073b45.jpg
We're both unable to interract with this square. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

scottyhaha
05-17-13, 12:22 PM
TL left some square for future use.

RotomGuy
05-17-13, 12:24 PM
Yeah, TL is planning to put something like the Dawn Tree there.

Runefox
05-17-13, 12:31 PM
I thought the dawn tree was the yellow tree on the next island down? But thanks for the reply :)

RotomGuy
05-17-13, 12:40 PM
I thought the dawn tree was the yellow tree on the next island down? But thanks for the reply :)

No, I mean another object like the Dawn Tree but has different functions.

kwhales
05-17-13, 02:56 PM
Jakestorm explained this a while ago. TL wanted to leave space available for future use. So, they made some of the property not expandable. That way, there was a designated spot to put TL introduced items. He said if they didn't do this, it would be impossible to place something because players would have habitats or decorations where they wanted to place the item and to get the all the players to clear the same spot would be next to impossible.

kooky panda
05-17-13, 03:52 PM
See current thread here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39731-Expanding&p=499823&viewfull=1#post499823)

Thanks for the feedback. For corner and ledge areas it's totally not a simple fix like you suggest. For some of the seemingly random areas, we actually reserve those spots in case we want to add new on-board things (like the Dawn Tree) in future updates. Basically, if we let people expand everywhere, if we ever wanted to add a new thing to everyone's boards, we couldn't, because players would have built on those spots. That's only a few small spots though, 5 or 6 I think.