PDA

View Full Version : Hostess missing! How to get her back?

cosmolife
05-17-13, 08:36 AM
I just purchased a second hostess stand and a holographic hostess. I put the holographic hostess in it and noticed my first hostess is gone from her podium! What do I do to get her back?

So now I have 2 hostess stands. One with the holographic hostess. The other one is missing the hostess and has an empty hole where she should be. Where did she go?

The missing hostess does not affect customers or sales, but it bugs me that there's a hole where she should be. Any help to get her back is much appreciated. Thank you :)

kooky panda
05-17-13, 10:21 AM
You will only have one active hostess table. The other one is decorative only. You can put something else behind the podium, but customers will only go to one of the podiums.

lotuskat
05-17-13, 10:28 AM
You could always put one of the chefs or waitress figures behind the podium, just for decor.

cosmolife
05-17-13, 11:26 AM
You will only have one active hostess table. The other one is decorative only. You can put something else behind the podium, but customers will only go to one of the podiums.

Thank you for replying.

I have 2 doors. Each door has one hostess stand. Customers come thru both doors and stop at both hostess stands and then go to the tables. The missing hostess does not affect customers coming thru the 2 doors or the sales.

It's just a missing gap/hole where the first hostess should be standing :(

So you're saying I should buy a figure or something else and put into that hole? Or take out the holographic hostess? But that still leaves one podium without hostess. The logic behind this programming does not make sense to me :(

cosmolife
05-17-13, 11:30 AM
You could always put one of the chefs or waitress figures behind the podium, just for decor.

Thank you for your suggestion. I may just have to do that as I like to keep the holographic hostess. What is the logic behind programming only one podium to have an hostess, do you know?

What if players have 2 doors, 2 hostess stands, but only 1 hostess? Makes absolutely no sense to me :(

kooky panda
05-17-13, 01:39 PM
If you separate your restaurant into two different restaurants, then I think they will use both podiums.

cosmolife
05-17-13, 03:25 PM
If you separate your restaurant into two different restaurants, then I think they will use both podiums.

I have separated my restaurant into 2 separate sections. Customers cannot walk across from one side to the other. Complete separation. Hence, the 2 doors, 2 hostess stands. But now I discovered I have only 1 hostess.

What to do to get both hostesses to show? Thnx :)

kooky panda
05-17-13, 04:18 PM
Have you tried putting something else behind your other podium?

cosmolife
05-17-13, 04:27 PM
Have you tried putting something else behind your other podium?

Yes I have. But I would like the original hostess to show if that's at all possible. If not, I guess I can live with the hole/gap where the she's supposed to be. I read on the forum here that you can put a table in there. So that may also work for me.

Why don't they give us more than one active hostess? What if later I expand to 3 sections or even more sections, and with each new door and hostess stand added, it would be nice to retain the hostess behind each podium IMHO.

TinksThots
05-18-13, 12:14 AM
(Just brainstorming here, I've never used a second stand, so I might not know what I'm talking about, lol...) Enter design mode, take out your holographic hostess, leaving nothing behind either hostess stand, exit design mode, see which one gets the original hostess back so you'll know which one was your original stand, see if she reappears behind it. Put your holographic hostess back behind the other one and see if the original hostess stays behind her own stand. Just a thought, in case you'd rearranged and maybe the original hostess is somehow 'attached' to the first stand that you get when you start the game?

I do know that additional stands don't come with hostesses, and most stores I've seen have one of the other characters placed behind it to act as one, but the original one is always at one of them, unless something else is placed there instead, but she's not supposed to just run away completely... :\

cosmolife
05-18-13, 01:23 PM
Yes I've tried your suggestion. I did everything I could think of to bring the first hostess back. I found that the first hostess is attached not to the first podium, but rather to the section of the restaurant.

I've divided my restaurant into 2 sections. Section 1 is where the first door is. Section 2 is the other half of the restaurant and I put a second door in there. Now I have 2 hostess stands. The first one and the second one I bought. The first hostess is not attached to either one of these stands. She only appears in section 1, regardless of which stand I put in there.*

Not knowing this, I had already designed section 1 to contain the holographic hostess. So of course the first hostess refuses to appear in section 2. She only shows in section 1.

Now I have 2 choices.*1) put up with the first hostess missing or 2) redesign my restaurant so as to have her in section 1 and the holographic hostess in section 2.

I'll go with option 1. Buying another figure to put in the stand is alot quicker than redesigning my restaurant, which would take alot of time.

TinksThots
05-18-13, 07:17 PM
Your options are a bummer, but glad to hear you found her! She's attached to her door, then! Good to know! :D

cosmolife
05-19-13, 03:59 AM
Well she's a stubborn one! She's not attached to any door or stand. She only appears in section 1 of my restaurant and nowhere else. I don't get it. I tried switching doors, switching stands... I even tried having only 1 door and only 1 stand in the entire restaurant... she only appears in section 1. Nothing I tried could make her show up in section 2.

What Kooky said above...that we get only 1 active hostess...but how come she doesn't show in section 2? Not even when I had only 1 door and only 1 stand in section 2, and no door no stand in section 1....she still doesn't show in section 2. The only thing that stays constant in this maddening confusion...is that the missing hostess does not affect customers coming thru the doors or sales. So I can live with the hole where she's supposed to be :)

cherryberry9
05-19-13, 08:34 AM

They do. I have my restaurant divided into maybe 3 I think different restaurants and people go to both hostess's.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 07:39 AM
Nothing I tried could make her show up in section 2.

Hmm... Try taking out just one piece of whatever you have separating the two sections. Something that will make it recognizable bot-wise as one "whole" place. See what that little escape artist does. This is becoming fascinating. There's got to be a key to what makes her tick. Can I add you and see?

cosmolife
05-20-13, 01:04 PM
Sure! Visit whenever you like :)

I've resigned myself to the missing hostess. She doesn't bother me anymore. I figure there must be a reason the game was programmed like this. I'm not a programmer so the logic behind it escapes me :( I just had to figure out a way around the problem and make it work for me.

For instance, I used Fecsuper's tables setup and decided to put a table in place of the missing hostess. So it all worked out... :)*

Just wish it didn't have to be this way though. It would be nice to keep the hostess as we expand our restaurants and add more doors and hostess podiums.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 06:41 PM
Other than pulling EVERYTHING out, putting the stand in to drag her back, and redesigning one piece at a time to figure out what made her go missing to begin with via process of elimination, I'm out of ideas. :( But a table for tips with a seat for a customer in her place will make you money, as opposed to your runaway hostess, who would have just stood there anyway. ^_^

bobbyrae
05-20-13, 07:44 PM
. The first hostess is not attached to either one of these stands. She only appears in section 1, regardless of which stand I put in there.*

Not knowing this, I had already designed section 1 to contain the holographic hostess. So of course the first hostess refuses to appear in section 2. She only shows in section 1.

Now I have 2 choices.*1) put up with the first hostess missing or 2) redesign my restaurant so as to have her in section 1 and the holographic hostess in section 2.

I'll go with option 1. Buying another figure to put in the stand is alot quicker than redesigning my restaurant, which would take alot of time.

Other than pulling EVERYTHING out, putting the stand in to drag her back, and redesigning one piece at a time to figure out what made her go missing to begin with via process of elimination, I'm out of ideas. :( But a table for tips with a seat for a customer in her place will make you money, as opposed to your runaway hostess, who would have just stood there anyway. ^_^

Cosmo is right. The hostess in both bakery and restaurant appear to be attached to the spot/location rather than the stand. It doesn't matter which stand you put in that spot, that is where she will appear, sadly. I cannot remember if this is how it always was or if she could be moved around from place to place. I somehow think that she could be moved in previous versions but I could be wrong, of course. The only way to move her, of course, is to remove the second door, remove the second stand and then locate the door where you want her to be. Of course that would mess up your design somewhat I should think.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 08:14 PM
Cosmo is right. The hostess in both bakery and restaurant appear to be attached to the spot/location rather than the stand. It doesn't matter which stand you put in that spot, that is where she will appear, sadly. I cannot remember if this is how it always was or if she could be moved around from place to place. I somehow think that she could be moved in previous versions but I could be wrong, of course. The only way to move her, of course, is to remove the second door, remove the second stand and then locate the door where you want her to be. Of course that would mess up your design somewhat I should think.

Well now I'm fully confused, because in both RS/BS I can put my stand wherever I want, and she's always behind it. Unless that's not what you meant. I've only ever had one stand and one door though, and I've never moved my door. So my experience isn't much to speak from. I don't even know if I'm sure what I'm talking about lol. I'm out of ideas, and without the extra doors and stands to experiment with, I really don't have much else to say here. :p

Oliver118
05-20-13, 09:07 PM
Well now I'm fully confused, because in both RS/BS I can put my stand wherever I want, and she's always behind it. Unless that's not what you meant. I've only ever had one stand and one door though, and I've never moved my door. So my experience isn't much to speak from. I don't even know if I'm sure what I'm talking about lol. I'm out of ideas, and without the extra doors and stands to experiment with, I really don't have much else to say here. :p

OK, I used to have three RS games; one on iPhone 3G, one on iPhone 4S and one on my iPad2. In the iPhone 3 game there was no hostess at the table. In the second and third game (the third being my current game) there was a hostess. But the older iPhone stopped working and I had to delete the one on iPhone 4 to update the software.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 10:43 PM
So the hostess plays by her own rules and just comes and goes as she pleases, basically. Good to know.

Any input, TL? You're the ones that hired her! ^_^

bobbyrae
05-21-13, 07:52 AM

In RS & in BS if you have more than one door and more than one hostess podium and have your shop divided into sections as i do and as the OP does, then the hostess will not necessarily go where you want her to go. She will be "stuck" in one section/location or at only that one podium. It doesn't matter which podium you place there though (i.e. whether it is the regular podium or one of the others) she will stay behind that podiumnin that section of your restaurant.

You can move that podium anywhere in that section (if you have that section partitioned off as i do) and she will be at that podium. Move the podium to another section and she won't appear behind the podium. If you do not have your shop divided into sections then you can move the podium wherever you want and she'll still be behind that podium. It doesn't matter in that case how many doors you have or how many other podiums either.

If, however, your shop is divided into sections and you remove the other doors and only have one door and one hostess podium then the hostess will appear at that podium wherever you place it.
Hope that clarifies it a bit.

bobbyrae
05-21-13, 07:57 AM
Any input, TL? You're the ones that hired her! ^_^

Don't hold your breath for an answer.

TinksThots
05-21-13, 08:34 AM
Don't hold your breath for an answer.

Oh I know, there was all kinds of sarcasm dripping off of that one. TL never responds to anything. >.<

And yeah, you cleared it up quite a bit, thanks! :D

bobbyrae
05-21-13, 09:23 AM
Oh I know, there was all kinds of sarcasm dripping off of that one. TL never responds to anything. >.<

Be careful there. Some ridiculous person might accuse you wrongly of defaming someone or the other with such a statement.