PDA

View Full Version : diamond hybrids

sherrycake
12-23-12, 09:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know how you breed hybrids that are rare, super rare, or ultra rare. Do you breed by 2 pure elements, like fire and forest when trying for a Wild dragon? Or by breeding hybrid with hybrid like Life and Life for Wild dragon? Or just a hybrid and a pure, like Life and Fire, or Life and Forest for Wild dragon? I'm curious. Or you just breed randomly.

profsink
12-23-12, 09:13 PM
Pure x Pure seems to do better for rares. But I do random when that fails. Also switching between different colors of breeding so it can't keep repeating firestorm after firestorm. ;)

suzysuzy35
12-24-12, 02:52 AM
Pure x pure seems to work well for me.

faisal01911349250
12-24-12, 02:58 AM
The top 2 works best for me pure X pure for rare and hybrid X hybrid for super rare

sollia
12-24-12, 10:19 AM
I voted for random breeding because I do all of it. I used to only do pure x pure but now I....how to say this. If there's more than one hybrid dragon that I want with a common color I work with that. For instance, I really want a Fairy or Parakeet and also a Trickster, so I've been favoring the Poison (or Familiar) dragon x Air. Been getting lots of Fruitfuls and Genies though....

kwhales
12-24-12, 12:52 PM
I breed whatever. Depending on my mood, my goal...whatever.

haunty
12-25-12, 05:48 PM
I've always done Random breeding. :) Because of this i got my infinity dragon. :D

Nefertekas
12-26-12, 02:23 AM
Random. Sometimes i will stick with pure elements, though. :)

opanugie
12-26-12, 07:07 AM
actually how its work?

opanugie
12-26-12, 07:35 AM
i usually used pure and hybrid (common), but sometime hybrid and hybrid work also but just twice when got boo dragon (luck and hypnotic) on the last count down and trickster dragon (genie and genie)

kassierae19
01-10-13, 03:09 PM
Is there some trick to getting them or is it just luck? I've bred diamond x water probably 30+ times and haven't gotten anything but water. Tried diamond x fire as well, nothing. Diamond x forest? Nothing. I've done nothing but breed my diamond with something for probably two weeks and still have NOTHING.

opanugie
01-10-13, 03:13 PM
i guess i have the same thing, maybe it because they an ultra rare dragon, like finding the diamond dragon, take a lot of breeding

kassierae19
01-10-13, 03:16 PM
I've gotten snowman, aurora, turkey, firework, aether, mirage...all on first try. Not fair!

cleebarker
01-10-13, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it's just luck. However, if you breed a diamond with a pure red dragon or a pure green dragon your fail times are only seconds instead of hours. If you use these to breed them, you should be able to get a crusader or quetzal quick enough even if it takes 100 tries. That's how I did it anyway.

gotalotaluv
01-10-13, 05:43 PM
Agreed ... I was just about ready to sell my diamond dragon on the black market ... it seemed to working as a replicating machine .. lol. BUT ... today ... I put on a movie and just sat here and keyed in fire and diamond (both epic) over and over again and after 30 min .. I FINALLY got the crusader (wait time 2 days, 44 gems to rush) ... well, it BETTER be a crusader .. lol

lollipop_rp
01-10-13, 06:21 PM
I know I'm late but I do pure and pure usually

sheri35tazz
02-23-13, 05:01 PM
I'm not very happy with these dragons at all!! After finally getting a diamond dragon I can't get any of the Hybrids. Every time I breed the diamond with say a fire dragon I get another fire dragon!!!! I've sold about 20 already!!!! Virtue dragon I think the same problem only I got a love dragon when I bred it to a fire dragon!! It seems like they want you to have to buy the hybrids when you have complety given up trying to breed them!!! From reading other posts on here there are lots of others who have the same problems!! So I guess I will have to keep trying until I get the right dragons!!

hamadrys
02-23-13, 05:16 PM
That's normal. Diamond and Fire...will give a Fire at 99% of the time. But, you will also get the Crusader. I bred a Diamond last week and I bred my Crusader yesterday. I had like 50+ Fire, but it is so quick, it's fun. Then BAM 44 hours Crusader.
I think the Diamond hybrids are really fun to breed. Fail times are really short, so keep on trying, you'll get it. :)

doop01
The diamond hybrids are just as hard to get as the diamond :) Will have to keep trying over and over. Of course crusader and quetzel are the easier of them to get only due to the small breed/hatch times while going for them. 20 tries is not that many when you consider how many it might take to get a diamond in the first place. I had my first hybrid breeding within 10mins but with a fire or forest dragon that can be a lot of goes

Darkstorm2
It could take 100 tries before getting a diamond hybrid. It could also take one try. Keep trying

dapplefur
it's so they aren't super easy to get. there is only one diamond hybrid per base color i.e. red, white etc. same with pink with the exception of the two pink/white hybrids.

henrylucky
02-23-13, 05:25 PM
Don't be sad, I got my Crusader after 5 minutes non-stop trying and Quetzal after 55 minutes nonstop trying
The point is don't give up !

sheri35tazz
02-23-13, 06:53 PM
Thank you everyone for all replies it helps to know your not alone in the game. Now that I have the trading portal and spell shop I finally have a use for unwanted dragons!!!!!!

gotalotaluv
02-24-13, 02:59 AM
I've had incredible luck with both, actually (well, if ya wanna call it luck ... I'm a semi-patient person.. I just go play another game during those God awful fail times.

With diamond, at first I thought it was a replication machine ..lol .. but it's just like henrylucky said ... just sit there and punch it in over and over for crusader and quetzal .. and you'll get them. I got them both within 1 day of each other, watching a movie and punching for 20-25 min. Mercury took longer but I got it, and I haven't STARTED on Anubis yet .. I so hate magic dragons ..lol. I'll wait till exam time to try that one.

With Virtue, which I just got last week, I got tiny and kite right off the bat (one I wasn't even aiming for .. can't remember what I was going for) ... and I JUST got Flower on the first go ... I looked up the breeding calculator to see what combos I might get and possible fail times - worst were 2 dragons w. 21 hrs that I don't have yet (snowman and tusker I think) - so I punched in Epic Forest and Lvl 9 Virtue and bam! 14 hrs! I do get MUCH BETTER LUCK AND RESULTS WITH PURE-PURE. The hybrid in the breeding mix leaves too many possibilities for me. Like I said, I'm "semi-patient" .. lol.

... and I'm on ANDROID (the stepchild of TL) ... so if I CAN GET THEM, ANYONE CAN!!! (oh and for you Kindle players, you're not step children .. you're actually adopted .. lol I'm kidding!)

J85909266
02-27-13, 10:48 AM
I usually keep it pure and pure, if possible. If I try many, many times and fail, I will switch to two hybrids of the same colors. I never, ever add more colors to the mix, though. I know it is still possible to have success this way, and many people do, but it seems counterproductive, to me.

stacy_lou
05-16-13, 10:31 AM
Is it me or have they got extremely hard to get? I cant even get the gold dragon ffs
Ive been trying for halios since release.

sollia
05-16-13, 10:50 AM
Weren't they always hard to get? I thought that was the point of ultra rare?

lollipop_rp
05-16-13, 01:11 PM
The poll is closed but ill just write what I do.

I like to do pures so that I can get fewer outcomes on the dragon I want. Before, when dragons didn't come out every three minutes (lol) I used do put a combination on four elements and get rares and super rares. Got my diamond like that.

But for diamond hybrids, I do pure and pure