PDA

View Full Version : Highfall Palace - Levels 187 - 192

OpeningCeremony
05-15-13, 01:13 AM
Level 187... Timed fire level (1:35 min) with one lock & chain area. There are 2 rows of flames at the bottom but a row of jewels that are locked up is on top of the flames, so the flames won't spread until you unlock that row. There are 2 different colors that you have to clear 75 of each color jewel before the chain will unlock. After you unlock, fire will spread quickly!

Nothing new so far :)

OpeningCeremony
05-15-13, 01:03 PM
here's a pic of level 187

http://i41.tinypic.com/8y6ljm.png

i dont think my fingers stopped moving for a second in this level when i passed it. made a lot of blasters and bombs and combined them whenever i could. as soon as the chain unlocks, be ready for the fire to spread and get a quick handle of it so it doesn't become wildfire. whenever i play these levels with the lock and chain, i remind myself what colors need to be targeted as i'm playing so i don't have to keep looking down to the locked area. so for this example, i was repeating "green and yellow" in my head... lol. and sometimes the colors switch up from round to round so be mindful of that. this level got my heart pounding! haha. another side note: i got my gold stolen from a level in serpent sanctuary because of my overzealous swiping... was pretty mad because the extra time on the clock wasn't going to help me pass the level anyways. wish it could've happened on a level that i need that extra second :'(

and here is level 188

http://i41.tinypic.com/5337o.png

obviously horizontal blasters will have be used here... but on my first try i didn't even unlock the bottom 2 chains. not enough moves! i tried making matches that were closer to the bottom so that when the jewels dropped they could make some bonus matches as they fell into place. still wasn't enough... need to try it some more to form a better strategy.

OpeningCeremony
05-16-13, 11:08 AM
passed level 188! so in these fire levels, you don't necessarily have to **** the snakes or get unlock the lock & chain portions as long as you extinguish all of the fire. i passed level 188 without unlocking the bottom row. just used some good ol fashioned blasters and bombs to get me through. with 30 moves, i don't even see how i can possibly unlock the 100 aqua without making some blasters/bombs or perhaps diamond.

level 189...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2zgf2ag.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/316uosl.png

these pictures go from bottom to top. so a summary of the level, there are a bunch of lock & chains with varying #s of each jewel color to clear out and 2 snake heads. take note of the lock & chain box of 75 blue jewels that is centered inside the square snake. so since this is a moves level, you don't want to just hastily swipe or else you'll waste moves. looking at the 2nd picture, as soon as you clear the first couple rows of the brick (and lock & chain portions), the screen will stop around the area of what is pictured, but it'll also include the square lock & chain 75 blue jewel inside the snake. so from the start of the level what you should be focusing on is getting rid of blue jewels (or whatever color happens to be inside that box for your particular round) to bring that # down so that you can unlock that area. you also need to **** the first snake head, BUT after you **** the 1st snake head the body will still remain since there is a 2nd snake head attached to it. so the board will not move down until you **** the snake head AND unlock that 75 blue jewel area so that you can blast the brick that is inside it.
here is a pic of what i am talking about:
http://i40.tinypic.com/b7mav8.png

so for the board to move down, once you unlock the blue jewel area inside the snake, you need to blast it at least once. you also have to dig the brick on the sides too (obviously). then once you get towards the bottom, hopefully you have enough moves to clear out the rest of the brick and unlock whichever lock & chains that are in your way from digging.

OpeningCeremony
05-16-13, 11:14 AM
level 190...

http://i43.tinypic.com/35izme9.png

this is a timed glass level with lock & chains. pay special attention to the lock & chain box in the center, it has the highest # of jewels that you have to clear out. in this example it is red, and with each round the jewel may change color, so take note of the color at the start of each round. your main focus is to clear out jewels of that color, in this case red. as you are swiping frantically, the lock & chain portions with the lowest # will unlock and will open up the board more, so the board will open from the center where it is 10 and 20 jewels to the outer corners on the diagonal. still working on this level, pretty hard to get close to unlocking the center box. gotta move really fast!! special jewels are also always good on this level.

OpeningCeremony
05-16-13, 11:17 AM
OH! another tip for level 189, if you see that the snake heads have the same color eyes, let's say they're both red. when you arrive at the first snake and you have an opportunity to use a diamond to get rid of it and you swipe the diamond with a red jewel, ONLY the snake head that is visible on the board will disappear. the 2nd snake head won't die, because it's not on the screen yet. just an FYI for those who think you might be able to **** 2 snakes with 1 diamond :p

Phaedrakiki
05-16-13, 01:14 PM
These are amazing tips, Aileeniweeni! I was kinda wondering how the lock & chain looked on a digging level. Thanks for the pics--and the excellent, helpful strategy! Can't wait to try some of these new features (but gonna have to... ;) )

OpeningCeremony
05-16-13, 02:41 PM
These are amazing tips, Aileeniweeni! I was kinda wondering how the lock & chain looked on a digging level. Thanks for the pics--and the excellent, helpful strategy! Can't wait to try some of these new features (but gonna have to... ;) )

np! sounds like you've been tearing through a bunch of levels lately, so i have a feeling you'll be here sooner than you think :)

level 191... timed digging level with lock & chain and snakes.

from bottom to top:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2jtpgx.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/jgh9ja.png

only tried this level a couple times and i haven't gotten close to the bottom yet. the screen will start slightly higher than what is shown in picture 2, and only the red jewels with count of 20 will be shown on the screen. so to get the board to move down, you have to clear out 20 red jewels. and then it moves to the next portion which is blue, so a total of 40 blue jewels need to be cleared out. since this is a digging level it is somewhat important to make sure you are focusing on what is currently on the screen so that you can move down. but of course the lock & chain at the very bottom have the highest count. but throughout the level you will be chipping away at those bottom #s. energy is recharging :)

OpeningCeremony
05-17-13, 11:35 AM
yay passed 191 and 192! the way i passed level 191 is... i followed what i wrote above about focusing on each segment by targeting the color in each segment of lock & chain so that the screen would move down. And then when i got to the very bottom as shown in picture #1 in the post above ^ ... i didn't get rid of all the snakes because i was pressed for time BUT i managed to get rid of the two pieces of brick that is wedged in between the snakes on the last 2 rows right above the goal line. so if you can't make any matches or blasters to **** the snakes, don't worry just try to focus on digging on those last 2 brick pieces. so you probably will need a blaster to get the last row of brick since a snake is blocking it, but it's possible to pass this level without ****ing all the snakes. :cool:

Level 192... a glass moves level with lock & chain

http://i44.tinypic.com/wb9s15.png

so there is a U-shaped lock & chain that will only unlock once you clear out 200 jewels of each color. once you unlock it, it will reveal white blocks underneath which have glass underneath that. breaking all the glass on the main board will be very easy. try to make matches towards the bottom so that when jewels fall down they will create more matches and possibly some special jewels. this level is all about creating those multi-matches and using special jewels and diamonds and combos to clear out a bunch of jewels in one swipe. this level is really really fun! took me a few tries but each time was a pleasure :)

Phaedrakiki
06-12-13, 10:40 PM
Yuck, I just finished a timed fire/L&C level on the last island, and now here's another starting this one! Level 187 has 16 flames to extinguish in 1:50 (5 JC's used.) I've played 3 times. First time I did lots of combos in succession, which wiped-out all the unchained fire. But time was almost up when the L&C unlocked, and the fire spread so fast. The other attempts, I didn't put the fire out or unlock the L&C. There's not much time (although it's 15 seconds more than when 187's photo was posted.) Guess I'll need the luck I had at the beginning of my first try, just faster! This will take awhile. The flames are super-speedy! I'm gonna need even better luck with combos (how?), and faster fingers--otherwise it's impossible to open the locks fast enough to put the fire out!

Phaedrakiki
06-13-13, 04:31 PM
Yay, passed 187! I had a very lucky round--got 4 or 5 diamonds. Only used 1 in a combo w/blaster, but the others still helped a lot! Also swapped 2 bombs right near the bottom just as the lock & chain (L&C) opened & released the fire. It wiped out all but one flame. It had a match right next to it, luckily! Whoo-hoo!!! So happy to be done with it. The only strategy I used on this level was move fast, swipe constantly, and make as many special jewels & combos as you can. Yay, on to a moves level (so happy...)

Level 188: Put out 10 fire in 40 moves (increased 10 from Aileeni's photo/post.) Only 4 JC's used, so it's quite easy to make special jewels! Tried it once and it's very fun! Got pretty close...can't wait to try again! :)

OpeningCeremony
06-13-13, 04:48 PM
yay great progress phaedrakiki!! i'm looking at the pics of the levels on this island again. and you can tell they're in the infant stages of our (my) posting of pics. thanks again for your brilliant idea of piecing together the digging pics! :D

Phaedrakiki
06-13-13, 05:00 PM
Hmm, 188's a little harder than I thought. Took all 5 energies, but it sure was fun! It's so nice to think about your moves and be able to take your time! :D

Phaedrakiki
06-13-13, 05:04 PM
yay great progress phaedrakiki!! i'm looking at the pics of the levels on this island again. and you can tell they're in the infant stages of our (my) posting of pics. thanks again for your brilliant idea of piecing together the digging pics! :D
Thanks! Yeah, I remember when we first started, lots of fun! I can't remember what made me think of piecing them, though. They look pretty cool that way, though. Your more recent ones with restricted jewels look amazing! :)

Phaedrakiki
06-14-13, 12:34 AM
Yowza! Took many tries, but I finally passed 188. I had 3 of the L&Cs opened, and combined a diamond + blaster. That opened the last lock, and put out lots of fire, including all of the right. I swapped a blaster+ bomb shortly after, but it still wouldn't snuff one pesky flame. I lined up a blaster at it, but it had grown to two flames. Put one out, and another horizontal blaster dropped into just the right spot and activated! Mission complete. ;)

I did a lot of combos during my attempts prior to the L&C getting unlocked. But they only temporarily put out the fire. Unless you extinguish every flame (on either side,) it will spread again. So it's better to get the first 2 or 3 locks undone fast so you can do some combos lower on the board (that will reach all the flames.) A couple times I used a diamond/blaster that put out the flames completely on one side early in the game. But the chances of getting both sides are low (though not impossible!) If the color of the blaster you combine is plentiful on the board, and in the far right & left upper corners...it could happen! ;)

Anyway, now I'm playing Level 189: Dig 10 meters in 70 moves (5 JC's used.) Snakes & L&C make it tougher. Tried it once and didn't get far--need to try something else, lol! Waiting for energy...

Phaedrakiki
06-14-13, 02:09 AM
Boy, did I have a lucky board on 189! I had lots of diamonds, and did 3 diamond + blaster combos, as well as other combos. It's important to get past the first groups of L&C quickly cuz the 2nd snake head can take awhile (a little hard to get to unless you can line up a blaster "just so.") That was the trickiest part for me, anyway. Once the snake's gone it's not bad, provided you have enough moves left to finish. (BTW: they increased moves on this level by 5 since the photo was posted in comment #3.) Enjoy! A fun level for sure!

Level 190: 64 glass in 2:15 (5 JC's.) Tried it once and got pretty close, but gonna have to move faster, or do more combos (if given the opportunities!) No more energy...so I think I'm gonna go to sleep at a more reasonable hour for once, lol! :p

Phaedrakiki
06-14-13, 01:47 PM
K, level 190 is proving difficult! At the beginning, I'm wasting a lot of time looking for matches, which are few due to the lock & chain "X" pattern. Once you start clearing the L & C, the board opens up a bit and you can make special jewels, though I haven't had many combo opportunities (or diamonds!) yet. Big combos are the best way to get big jewel counts to open L & C. I'm trying to focus on the color in the center, but often there are only a couple of that color jewel on the board. Maybe if I can move faster, I can create some combos and get that center L & C open!!! I had thought I got it open my first try, but now I can't remember, lol. Now that I've played more, it's seeming unlikely, lol! As for the glass, it pretty much all gets cleared in the process of jewel-clearing for the L & C (except for the center that I haven't got to yet!) Pay attention to the corners, though, as that seems to be where my last glass is at the end (cuz those locks have higher counts, of course.) The time has increased 10 seconds since this thread's photo was posted, but it's still awfully short...

Phaedrakiki
06-14-13, 11:44 PM
Passed 190--yay! I finally got a few diamonds (and in the same round!) and combo'd one with a blaster. Prior to passing, I couldn't get the center unlocked. So if you can do that, things are def looking good!

Another timed one (boo) - level 191. Dig 10 meters in 2:25 (5 JC's used.) Tried it once and only got down 4/10--gonna have to do much better than that! Only one more energy to try again...

Phaedrakiki
06-15-13, 01:34 PM
Wow, this one took a lot of attempts, usually only getting 6/10 meters. But the stars aligned and I finally passed level 191. It wasn't too bad for a timed level, but you really have to hustle...and get the right combo opportunities. I used a couple blaster + bomb combos, but no diamonds this round. There are a couple places where digging can slow, waiting for the right moves--besides the L & C which can def make you wait sometimes! Luckily, I sailed through those stretches this time, which must've made the difference. I only ****ed the left-side snake at the end. I got the dirt/brick shielded by the other snake from underneath (the side?) I'd dug down further on the left side and got it just as the timer ran out--close one!

Phaedrakiki
06-15-13, 02:49 PM
Took a few tries, but I passed Level 192: 64 glass in 55 moves (4 JC's,) 10 more moves than prev described. Loved playing this level, cuz it's special jewel heaven! ;) Combos, too...but the wooden walls are sometimes in the way. You have to use lots of specials & combos to clear enough jewels to open the lock & chain. Then hopefully, you have enough moves left to clear the ice blocks & glass underneath. When I passed, I needed every single move. My last move was a diamond, and I had three glass left, 2 different colors! Tried to figure out which would do the trick, and made the right choice (luckily!) With only 4 colors on screen, you get lots of bonus matches, and that's what cleared the last glass for me. Yippeeeeee! So fun~ :D Love, love moves levels like this!!!

Well, off to Monument Isle (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51897-Monument-Isle-Levels-193-198) where it looks like I'll be greeted by doom jewels--yuck! Bye, Highfall Palace!

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:33 PM
I finally got past 187 with three seconds left. Only one star, but who cares? Good riddance.

Gardienn
06-19-13, 12:41 PM
One-starred 188. I learned, however, that you don't have to unlock all the chains to complete this level. All you have to do is put out the fire, so if you can combine a diamond with a blaster, you have a good shot at getting through this level well.

Gardienn
06-19-13, 09:23 PM
Got through 189 first round. Two stars.
Got through 190 with one star. I completed the board without any illegal swaps, but it didn't give me my keys. Oh well.
Not enough energy to get through 191, but I made it down to the snake heads. Interesting level.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 01:28 PM
FINALLY got through 191. That was a tough board with snakes at the end. I didn't think I'd make it, but I ended with three same-colored head snakes at the end, which helped. Three starred it. One more board and I'm off this island.

Phaedrakiki
06-21-13, 03:59 PM
Wow, Gardienn! Awesome--you're jamming thru that island! :)

Gardienn
06-21-13, 06:29 PM
No wonder I'm struggling with level 192. They've bumped it down to 44 moves! I cannot get through this. There just isn't enough moves to knock down 200 chained gems and get all the glass if you get that far. :(

Gardienn
06-21-13, 06:39 PM
I've had tons of blaster/bomb combos and diamonds with diamond/blaster combos, and with 16 moves still have 73-97 locked gems.

More diamonds and combos. 8 moves left and still 38-65 locked gems.

More diamonds and combos. Yes. Really. 1 move left. I have 7-30 locked gems still.

44 moves is NOT ENOUGH for level 192. TeamLava, please bump this back up!!!

pastasplace
06-23-13, 02:04 AM
Gardienn I agree! I got through it, but it was a complete fluke! I spent a lot of time trying that one over and over... 200 in the lock and chain is too many for that number of moves!

I had a game where i did a swap with a diamond and then all of a sudden it just kept on making matches and matches - it was a thing of wonder and beauty! But if I hadn't had that game, I'd still be stuck there....

Gardienn
06-23-13, 06:08 PM
I'm glad at least someone got through it at 44 moves. I've had lots of matches like that too, and actually got all chained gems cleared, but didn't have enough moves left to clear glass. Unless they change it, I'm afraid I'll be stuck here indefinitely. So I've gone back to get my couple of one-star levels up to at least two. After that I'll have to try to three-star all previous levels.

Congrats on making it past this one, Pastaplace.

Gardienn
06-24-13, 09:08 PM
I opened up Level 192 tonight after being gone all day and found the number of moves changed from the scant 44 to 83! I had to double check to make sure I was on the right level. I passed it with two stars first try. It took me another three to three-star it. 83 moves seems like a breeze after stressing over 44.

Thank you, TeamLava!

Phaedrakiki
06-25-13, 12:51 AM
Awesome! Congratulations, Gardienn...I know that's a huge relief! I'm so glad they upped the moves on 192 for your device. Weird thing...I thought I'd try to get 3 stars while the moves are up (in case they lower them after.) But my 192 is still at 55--like it was when I orig played. So they def have different allowances for players, huh? Strange. Anyway, I'm so, so happy for you!!! :D

Gardienn
06-25-13, 01:30 PM
Awesome! Congratulations, Gardienn...I know that's a huge relief! I'm so glad they upped the moves on 192 for your device. Weird thing...I thought I'd try to get 3 stars while the moves are up (in case they lower them after.) But my 192 is still at 55--like it was when I orig played. So they def have different allowances for players, huh? Strange. Anyway, I'm so, so happy for you!!! :D

Oh, now that's just BOO. I think they should be the same for all players. At least it seems someone over in TL-land reads these forums and acts accordlngly when they see a plea. If they didn't, I think I'd still be suffering on 192 with 44 moves.

Mjoyc33
10-02-13, 05:30 AM
You need vertical blasters on the ends, this clears the fire rows & replaces with jewels. Then the horizontal blasters can be used to keep them clear

Phaedrakiki
10-02-13, 03:56 PM
You need vertical blasters on the ends, this clears the fire rows & replaces with jewels. Then the horizontal blasters can be used to keep them clear
To which level are you referring? ;)

koetsub
03-08-14, 04:49 PM
Is this the place to report bugs?

I somehow made it to 188 after being stuck a long time on 184. Then on 188 I ended up with one flame and one move left. Immediately above the flame was a jewel that was in line with a horizontal blaster that I triggered. The blast did not wipe out the jewel and clear the flame (as it should have), so I lost the game. Frustrating when there are bugs like this.

I have also encountered a few occasions when a diamond did not trigger all of the blasters of the color with which the diamond was swapped.