PDA

View Full Version : Answered Restaurant Story has no goals

lgibbys
05-14-13, 06:25 AM
Hi, I am using iPAD IOS with game version 1.6.8
I am a recent user-in the last week or 2 I started. After my first couple goals I have not had any goals related to play since. I only have a goal to reach a certain level in Fruit Mania.
Other team lava games I have have new goals all of the time. It's kind of boring just going through the motions without any goals.

Thanks.
Username: lgibbys

shoelover0516
05-14-13, 07:09 AM
same here. i'm pplaying on an adroid phone. i have restaurant story and the cinqo de mayo version. just those goals telling me to keep going on bakery and farm. no other goals after gannys

shoelover0516
05-14-13, 07:10 AM
grannys*

Thandy133
05-16-13, 03:57 PM
My goals are gone too

Thandy133
05-16-13, 03:58 PM
:(Same here my goals are gone

bnh00
05-16-13, 07:10 PM
I started having the exact same issue yesterday! The area where the goals icon would normally be is blank. No clipboard or anything! I contacted the support team and was told there's nothing they can do about it. Gameplay just isn't the same without it. I may abandon RS altogether. ��

cececafe319
05-16-13, 07:55 PM
I have the same issue too. No goals for a while. Also, when my food is ready I usually get an alert or notification, but over the past week I have to constantly check to see when my food is done. There are no notifications. I am on an android device. I have Cinco de Mayo RS. I am also playing Bakery, Farm, City & Night Club Story but they all send me notifications when things are ready.

kittykat619
05-17-13, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately I've been having the same problem for several days. All I'm getting is goals to download other games. I have the version 1.6.8 also. This game is really no good without the goals. I hope they can fix it so I can keep playing.

bnh00
05-17-13, 06:52 PM
Here's a screenshot of what I'm experiencing. I don't even have a Goals icon! Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

TinksThots
05-18-13, 10:56 AM
More often than not, there aren't goals. There's plenty to do though: dozens of recipes to master, appliances to build, decor and expansions to save up for, redecorating to do, all sorts of goals to set for yourself. If there were goals all the time, nobody would be able to do what THEY wanted to do, as opposed to being TOLD what to do. Maybe it's just me, but when goals show up, it's like the boss walking in while I'm playing solitaire and slamming a stack of paperwork on my desk, disrupting the tranquility of doing what I please, when I please, and ordering me around, demanding I spend my time and coins doing what THEY want. Yeah, the prizes are sometimes nice, but I like to be the one deciding what to cook or buy. Just another way to look at it, take it as you like. :)

TinksThots
05-18-13, 11:02 AM
Also, there may not be new goals for a while, we just had two sets back to back this month. You can find threads about those over here (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Restaurant-Story-Discussion). You can also ask about your missing clipboard over there, a mod might see it quicker. :)

Disel8
05-18-13, 11:37 AM
Me to no goals since yesterday! Emailed lava but no response yet!!

TinksThots
05-18-13, 12:49 PM
As I just said, if you've already completed the goals we had this month, there aren't any more right now. If you haven't, and they aren't there, ask about it in the goal threads in the subforum I linked to. You'll get a MUCH quicker response than you will from emailing TL. ;)

CosmaTerra
05-19-13, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I got the exactly same Problem & Divice as discribed in the Initial Posting. Since Level 16 I am out of Goals except the Island 10 Fruit Game...now i was playing until 18 to fulfill the Goals for other games, but now I am bored.

And as a Game Designer I do know this should not happen to a Game, because you can never bring back a Person who left the game because of getting bored, but anyhow, everybody who got a bit understanding of how Games are designed do know this already. So I guess it is a Bug that should be recogniced by the Designers...

Thanks, cosmaterra

lgibbys
05-19-13, 02:50 PM
thanks everyone for the feedback. i emailed team lava and they said if there are no goals showing up than i completed all of them. i guess in other games there were continuous goals-and i liked that. for example, ive been using bakery story for the same amount of time and have plenty of goals.
i like having goals personally, it keeps the game interesting (for me, at least).
i didnt realize they do certain goals per month....ill keep that in mind!

nickinbob
05-20-13, 10:41 PM
So does this mean since there are no more goals right now I will not get the spring goals to do
? I am a newer player and just started playing and I would have really liked to have that trellis for my restaurant. It says in the design center it Is available as a goal.

Thanks for any input.

TinksThots
05-20-13, 11:38 PM
So does this mean since there are no more goals right now I will not get the spring goals to do
? I am a newer player and just started playing and I would have really liked to have that trellis for my restaurant. It says in the design center it Is available as a goal.

Thanks for any input.

Sorry, but no, the spring goal set has expired. The trellis has to stay visible as goal-locked in design mode so that those who did unlock it can still have access to it. And yeah, it sucks, I have to see things I want but can never have too, in both RS and BS, and it's a lot of stuff because I've only been around since February, but there will be more goals in the future with plenty more stuff for you to unlock too! :D

duongnt
05-21-13, 05:03 AM
Happened same to me in last few weeks. It's so boring to play RS without the goals to purchase. Teamlava should do something about this or you will loose gamers. It has happened to many people.

TinksThots
05-21-13, 07:07 AM
There must just be something wrong with me then, because I seem to be the only one who hates it when goals show up. As I said, it's like the boss suddenly slamming paperwork on my desk while I was happily playing solitaire, and barking orders at me, "Alright, it's time to start following MY demands again, no more just doing whatever you want!" I plan out my cooking to earn gems as quickly as possible, and that's how I've got a pool table (40), a dog (20), a jukebox (20), a section of wallpaper (10), oriental tables (20), among other gem items, and I've gotten all that without a single dime of real world cash. A handful came from the goal clipboard, sure, but the large majority came from my own gameplay. All the game goals do is set me back by days or even weeks from getting back to making my own choices again, which is how I actually get what I want in the game.

bnh00
05-21-13, 06:36 PM
I see two issues here. Some players have completed all current goals, but still have the Goals clipboard showing up. Other players, like me, don't even have the clipboard! I like having the goals becaus I think they help me level up quicker and also make available design items that would otherwise remain locked and inaccessible. It's nice to have the option to either complete goals or take more of a freeplay approach. I think it's just personal preference, but without the option, people may lose interest altogether. I hope the TL engineers can figure out the cause of the problem.

nickinbob
05-21-13, 07:49 PM
Thanks for responding to me Tink, appreciate it. HATE your answer though, it sucks that these things are only available when that goal came out and then expired. I wish they would not show up because I had the perfect place in mind for that trellis. The folks in charge need to come up with a better plan for these items. Oh we'll, guess I will have to figure something else out.

TinksThots
05-21-13, 10:47 PM
Thanks for responding to me Tink, appreciate it. HATE your answer though, it sucks that these things are only available when that goal came out and then expired. I wish they would not show up because I had the perfect place in mind for that trellis. The folks in charge need to come up with a better plan for these items. Oh we'll, guess I will have to figure something else out.

You're welcome, and I'm sorry. I know exactly what you mean, I hate being taunted by the locked stuff, there are two ovens in BS that I can never get, the goals for those were expired before I even knew these games existed. :`(

I've only been playing since February, but so far, every goal set I've seen has had a 28 day timer. When they expire, the clipboard goes away, unless there's another game being promoted, then it'll still be there with the goal on it for that game. I think there are differences between Android and IOS on when and why the clipboard does or doesn't show up with game promo goals, but I have no idea on the specifics of all that. :)

CJN54
05-23-13, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know if you must play that bubble mania game to the level before that goal disappears and an actual goal relating to the restaurant game will show up? I don't want to play bubble mania!

TinksThots
05-24-13, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know if you must play that bubble mania game to the level before that goal disappears and an actual goal relating to the restaurant game will show up? I don't want to play bubble mania!

The bubble mania goal won't go away until you play to the level the goal wants you to. RS goals won't show up until the next set of RS goals is released, and we don't know when that's supposed to happen yet. :)

bobbyrae
05-24-13, 12:16 PM

I don't want to play it either! Alas it is a way for the makers of the game to advertise its games. And those stupid popups never go away until you finally relent and play the silly game. It is forced upon us in a most vile way in my opinion. The plus side is that if you do play bubblemania to the level required by that goal another goal is unlocked which, if completed, will usually give a nice reward, usually in gems.

kkd4eva
05-02-15, 10:05 PM
I'm using a kindle and have no icon either.... no notifications from any of my story games..... bakery, restaurant, or fashion.

stellltimom
05-03-15, 07:21 AM
I am using Samsung Android. Just downloaded RS:Tropical Storm. But still no goals. Only two goals I have after earth day Storm are to plaEverything Zen and Dragon Eggs? Help pls.

queentina3
05-03-15, 09:05 AM
I'm using a kindle and have no icon either.... no notifications from any of my story games..... bakery, restaurant, or fashion.

I am using Samsung Android. Just downloaded RS:Tropical Storm. But still no goals. Only two goals I have after earth day Storm are to plaEverything Zen and Dragon Eggs? Help pls.

Goals usually come out the first Wednesday of every month. The last goals are seen here>>> http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?80316-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2015-Apr-01-Rainy-Day

We'll most likely get a new set of goals this coming Wednesday, since it will be the FIRST Wednesday in May.

stellltimom
05-06-15, 10:55 AM
Well today is the first Wednesday of the month and still no goals�� Am I missing something?

lauraleighashby
05-06-15, 12:13 PM
Since the monthly goal wasn't released today, it probably will be next Wednesday.

jamaicansensatn
05-09-15, 10:24 AM
Hello RS Fam,

I have not been given a goal in probably over a week now. I am at level 26 and would like to "climb the ladder" to reach other levels. In other games that I have played, I have achieved level 99...but mainly through goals. Can anyone share if they are having similar problems? And if so, how are you achieving higher levels? Do you just cook all day, and visit, tip, and gift neighbors?

Jamaicansensatn

jamaicansensatn
05-09-15, 01:51 PM
Also, Mods/Admins, can you provide some insight into why this is happening, please? Thank you!

kooky panda
05-09-15, 03:08 PM
Keep leveling up and you will see some new goals . In between goals, I just keep cooking and trying to make money to unlock new recipes.

FrozenTurtle
05-11-15, 10:55 AM
The most recent set of goals expired on April 30th. We continually release updates, so keep an eye out for new goals coming soon! :)

deekathleen
05-11-15, 11:10 AM
Keep leveling up and you will see some new goals . In between goals, I just keep cooking and trying to make money to unlock new recipes.

Which recipes require money to unlock?

cindylou012768
04-13-16, 09:19 AM
I would like to know why my goals disappeared.

deekathleen
04-13-16, 09:51 AM
After the beginner goals, goal come out once a month. Usually the first or second Wed. Just check the forum for goal threads to see what the goals are.

phalen78
09-03-16, 02:13 PM
Hi. I am not sure if it is a bug, but i dont have any goals in my task list. I have completed the food lab and phoebes surprise. I have nothing else.

Is my game bugged?

Rynetory2
09-04-16, 05:28 AM
If you don't see anything in your Goal book, it means that you have completed all the Goals available for your level at this time. Please continue to level up and you should encounter more Goals. There are also goals every month so keep a look out for them as well. Hope this helps!

phalen78
09-06-16, 04:48 PM
I am lvl 93. And im pretty sure i didnt do all the quests. Is there not a way to access old goals? If not, why show locked goal items to players who cant access it?

Rynetory2
09-06-16, 04:54 PM
Sorry currently there's no plan to unlock past goals. Are you seeing locked goals in your goal list? If you're referring to the appliances and decorations tabs, they're there for players who have unlocked it.

Jennmarie68
09-16-16, 03:49 AM
I was still working on two goals and I know I wasn't anywhere close to finishing either of them but now they are gone. I first noticed it last night. The only goal I have left is to play dragon story. I leveled up today so that shouldn't have cleared my goals out last night.

If you don't see anything in your Goal book, it means that you have completed all the Goals available for your level at this time. Please continue to level up and you should encounter more Goals. There are also goals every month so keep a look out for them as well. Hope this helps!

Rynetory2
09-16-16, 05:19 AM
I was still working on two goals and I know I wasn't anywhere close to finishing either of them but now they are gone. I first noticed it last night. The only goal I have left is to play dragon story. I leveled up today so that shouldn't have cleared my goals out last night.

The monthly goals and the play other Storm8 game goals are limited time, did you notice a little timer icon next to them in your goal list earlier? Could it be that your goals have expired? They will disappear once they have expired.

Bumperbrat
09-16-16, 07:03 AM
I have the disappeared goals too, problem is that it keeps saying new goals..... Please help!!

Ladydee75
09-16-16, 12:12 PM
I was working on two goals and the just disappeared. Any idea what happened to them?

deekathleen
09-16-16, 01:16 PM
I was working on two goals and the just disappeared. Any idea what happened to them?

They probably expired. You usually have between 25 to 30 days to complete them. There should be a new one next week. Notice the timer on them when you do them.

heavencrofts
04-23-17, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know y I only get goals to download other games? It's nice for the gems but I want to play restaurant story!!

Rynetory2
04-24-17, 04:56 AM
This is the same for the rest of us. There is no new goal at the moment but keep a lookout in your game for them. :)

Meowmeowbeans
04-24-17, 11:44 AM
New limited time Goals have just released today for players above Level 12. :)

kooky panda
04-24-17, 01:45 PM
New limited time Goals have just released today for players above Level 12. :)

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98486-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2017-Apr-24-Star-Struck

Rynetory2
04-24-17, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know y I only get goals to download other games? It's nice for the gems but I want to play restaurant story!!

Your wish came true... :D:D