PDA

View Full Version : Watcher's Rock (Levels 199-204) - 5/13/13

kooky panda
05-13-13, 08:21 PM
TL Blog (http://blog.teamlava.com/)

http://media.tumblr.com/cb71284b29b402baa1874c2b9efb80b7/tumblr_inline_mmr57rIJkC1qz4rgp.png
Full steam ahead! It?s time to set course toward our next great adventure with Bean Dog. Let the lighthouse guide you into port, and drop anchor in the newly available Watcher?s Rock in Jewel Mania (https://www.facebook.com/JewelManiaGame)!

Phaedrakiki
05-13-13, 09:50 PM
Looks hot! (Sorry, pun refers to all the fire levels and is definitely lame...) :p

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 01:31 AM
Whee! Just set foot on watchers rock and had one energy to try out level 199. Will post pic and notes about it in the morning. But stone jewels are back! And stone jewels do not put out fires :/ they're just always in the way haha

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 10:57 AM
Level 199... fire moves level with snakes and stone jewels

http://i41.tinypic.com/aqknb.png

unless you can make a bunch of blasters to extinguish the fires below the snakes, you're going to have to **** the snakes before you can access the fires. the stone jewels won't put out the fire, so if you can get rid of a stone jewel, i'd use a move to do so. passed it with a few blasters. i made a diamond but i didn't even end up using it.

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 11:08 AM
Level 200... timed fire level with snakes, stone jewels, crates, and black jewels

http://i40.tinypic.com/2coha2a.png

tried this level once and time goes by faster than you think. i was wasting too much time looking for good moves to try to get rid of the stone jewels. but you have to get them off the crate so that you can break through the crate. my board reshuffled so i actually didn't have to deal with that and i still ran out of time.

perhaps another strategy can be focusing on one side, so either **** the snakes and then extinguish the fire on that side. then try to create blasters (on snake side which has a larger board area) to target the side with the fire contained by the crates. Or vice versa, target the side with crates first and then create blasters to get rid of the fire on the snake side. snakes and crates will prevent the fire from spreading, so as long as you keep one side intact, you can attack in a more focused manner. but since this level is timed, not sure if this strategy is all that feasible. i haven't even tried it myself... just trying to get some ideas by just looking at the picture.

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 01:59 PM
yay passed level 200. i tried my strategy that i wrote above. the first time i quickly got rid of the snakes and got rid of the fire on the snake side pretty fast. but too much time passed trying to make a blaster. i should've looked to the crate side to see if i could break through the crates and just get rid of them by contact with some matches. i tried again and still focused on the snakes and i got lucky with a bomb/blaster combo to blow out the fire in one swipe :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2usk41t.png

now level 201... timed fire level with doom jewels, stone jewels, and crates

http://i44.tinypic.com/30shf7d.png

2 doom jewels with 35 seconds and 2 doom jewels with 45 seconds on the timer. first get rid of the 35 second doom jewels. then keep breaking through the crates to get to the last 2 doom jewels. i got 3/4 out of the way, but the last one exploded on me. i also managed to isolate the fire to the one side with the last doom jewel. so i think if you can quickly get to all 4 doom jewels you'll be set to pass the level.

next try was a crazy round of 2 diamonds and i combined a diamond with a blaster. but it left a few flames leftover. i wasn't able to contain the flames, so it spread like wildfire! time ran out... so i need to wait for my energy to recharge.

Phaedrakiki
05-21-13, 04:00 PM
Wow, over 200--quite the milestone! :D

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 05:26 PM
Wow, over 200--quite the milestone! :D

thanks! yea it's exciting :D i had a few close calls with 201 to almost pass the level. hopefully i get it by tonight. and on my other account i've been stuck on the same level for awhile, the last one in unicorn summit...ugh that one isn't very fun. you'll prob catch up to my other account and i'll still at that level haha.

OpeningCeremony
05-23-13, 11:47 AM
Level 202... timed glass level with a snake, a stone jewel, and doom jewels

http://i40.tinypic.com/fzanaf.png

the hardest glass to break is the ones located in the bottom left corner and they are double glassed, so you have to break them twice. so there are 2 areas to focus on, i usually focus on getting rid of the snake. so if there are matches in that area either on top or under the snake, i'll work on that first. doom jewels will drop onto the board, and i think they start with a timer of 30 seconds. so you have half of the round to get rid of them. once 31 seconds of the round has passed, don't worry about any new doom jewels dropping in. i haven't found the stone jewel to be much of a hindrance until you **** the snake and then it drops down to the glass. but that's the least of your worries. so if there are no matches to be made around the snake, just make as many swipes as you can on the other side of the board. in all of my close to passing the level rounds, i always had the 2 pieces of glass in the left corner remaining. so gotta work on that..

OpeningCeremony
05-23-13, 11:56 AM
level 201... timed fire level with doom jewels, stone jewels, and crates

http://i44.tinypic.com/30shf7d.png

2 doom jewels with 35 seconds and 2 doom jewels with 45 seconds on the timer. first get rid of the 35 second doom jewels. then keep breaking through the crates to get to the last 2 doom jewels. i got 3/4 out of the way, but the last one exploded on me. i also managed to isolate the fire to the one side with the last doom jewel. so i think if you can quickly get to all 4 doom jewels you'll be set to pass the level.

the 4 crates on the top row only take one match of jewels to break them. so i'd try to avoid breaking the crates that are on the very left and very right, and only break the 2 crates that are in the middle. leaving the crates on the sides intact will prevent the fires on the side from spreading. sometimes you cant help but make matches in that area so don't waste time avoiding it, but if you can just focus strictly on the middle, i'd do that. and if you can eliminate a stone jewel by making a special jewel next to those crates, it'd be worth breaking those crates.

OpeningCeremony
05-24-13, 04:01 PM
Level 203... digging moves level with black jewels and some stone jewels

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/78070af3-9487-466b-9b2e-052acb421e8f_zps377cea50.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c1d4e7df-0b3a-4396-a4f7-83c6d733ecf9_zps3d251fba.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a26fd338-9e39-46ba-82de-f3f172b57a1a_zps6e4886de.jpg

this level wasn't too bad and i passed on the first try. i just focused on digging down and created blasters whenever i could. i used a bomb/blaster combo once, but other than that nothing too fancy or tricky involved. :) just dig around the stone or black jewels if they get in your way. i got rid of some black jewels when i created the horizontal blasters.

OpeningCeremony
05-24-13, 04:06 PM
Level 204... timed fire level with doom jewels and snakes

http://i40.tinypic.com/55m2z9.png

the fire will spread right out the gate, and my round started with 1:53 on the clock. my first focus was to break through the crates to get to the doom jewels. i ****ed the snake on the left with blue eyes and i was able to put out the fire in the middle and on the right side. i was trying really hard to get rid of the fire on the left side and i had a decent amount of time left, but i just couldn't make any good matches to get rid of it. i didn't notice other doom jewels dropping in, so i'm not quite sure if that will happen. only tried this level a couple times, so i guess i'll find out later.

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 10:28 AM
Level 204... timed fire level with doom jewels and snakes
(...)
i didn't notice other doom jewels dropping in, so i'm not quite sure if that will happen. only tried this level a couple times, so i guess i'll find out later.

i did not see any other doom jewels drop in. and i'm moving on to boneyard desert!

Phaedrakiki
05-25-13, 08:00 PM
Aileeniweeni, your photos are fantastic! Love how we get to see the levels (we hope to reach!) Thanks...is it any easier now that you've had lots of practice?

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 08:27 PM
Aileeniweeni, your photos are fantastic! Love how we get to see the levels (we hope to reach!) Thanks...is it any easier now that you've had lots of practice?

hmm that last level, not sure if it felt that easier... but with more tries, you're bound to get a kinder board sometime ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 03:15 PM
Level 199: 12 fire in 35 moves (5 JC's used.) They added 10 moves, but this level is very difficult! The snakes, stone jewels, and wooden walls make for serious barriers. Played once so far & it was a pitiful attempt, lol! Here's hoping for a luckier board layout~

Unfortunately, it looks like lots of timed levels ahead...so maybe I'm not in a big hurry to pass this... ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 07:31 PM
Omg, it's so hard to get the fire out on 199! It took me lots of tries, but I finally passed. It's not too tough to clear the snakes, but extinguishing fire on both sides--ugh! I got down to just a few flames a couple times, but I always ran out of moves. When you first start the level, the board usually only has one or two moves (it reshuffles a lot, too.) And the windows/cutouts make it difficult to find matches. So luck is a big factor. I laughed when I saw the challenge for this level--make 3 diamonds. I was lucky to make 3 blasters, lol! I made a diamond only twice, but couldn't combine them with other specials. I passed the level with a diamond and several blasters (in key/lucky spots!) I still had lots of moves left when I got down to one flame (and had a match next to it to win the level.) I thought about making some more moves to up my score/stars, but I was afraid I'd lose control of the fire! So, one star it is, for now. I'll come back for more another time...

Gardienn
06-17-13, 08:01 PM
I don't like reading ahead to find out what the boards are ahead of time because I like to decode them myself, but I like keeping tabs on you, Phaedrakiki. You're doing great.

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 11:32 PM
Thanks, Gardienn, I appreciate that! I always look for your posts. When I don't see them, I wonder how you're doing... :) Good luck! (You've passed me before and will again, no doubt! ;) )

Level 200: Put out 12 fire in 1:30 (5 JC's used.) The timer was :50 when photo posted, so they added time and it's much appreciated! I used Aileeniweeni's strategy on this, ****ing the snakes on the left and attacking the fire from that side. Took a few tries, but eventually I combined a blaster + bomb which wiped out all the fire. So happy!

Phaedrakiki
06-17-13, 11:51 PM
Level 201: Extinguish 10 fire in 1:40 (5 JC's used.) They've increased the time from :55 (shown in this thread's photo.) The addition is great, but the doom jewels are ****er! So far, they've ended my round each time...so timer irrelevant for me now. Gotta find a way to get through those crates faster, or make special jewels quickly to blast the doomies. Ugh, this is my worst kind of level--timed fire level with doom jewels!

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 01:14 AM
Wow, can't believe I passed 201! I was able to dig down thru the crates to the 1st two doom jewels quickly, then set off a blaster + bomb just above the other two. It cleared them, and the fire on the left. I still had some fire burning like crazy up the right side, but I just kept swiping like a lunatic. Suddenly the fire was out! I was actually surprised...but oh, so thrilled! I dislike timed levels so much; I'm def glad when they're done. The next one's timed too, which makes 3 in a row--hope that's it for this island!

Level 202: 11 glass in 1:45 (5 JC's used.) :45 added since earlier "photo post," so happy about that. But un-happy about another timed, doom jewel level. Ugh! Hopefully won't be too difficult or stressful. Only have one energy left (waiting for pulse to slow a little before trying...)

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 02:04 PM
I'm had a really difficult time with 202, but I finally passed! I was only able to clear the snake a couple times--kinda hard to do. For some reason, the snake is always blue (easy to remember if you get a diamond! I spent a lot of turns just making fast matches in the area to the left, trying to clear doomies & make special jewels. Once I had a match under the snake. After I made it, no replacement jewels filled-in, leaving 4 or 5 bare glass. Wish I'd thought to take a screenshot. I guess you can't make matches down there until the snake's gone. :confused: I was feeling bummed-out & stressed, wishing I had more time (or they'd eliminate the doom jewels, lol!) But I finally got two diamonds--used the first to take out the snake, and combined the 2nd with a blaster. A doom jewel was about to blow with no match nearby--my fingers were crossed hoping the blasters would wipe it out. It did! That left me with only a couple glass left, and I luckily took them out with some speedy match-making... Whew!

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 04:14 PM
What the...? I played Level 203: Dig 10 meters in 35 moves (5 JC's used.) This level used to have 45 moves, according to the photo (reduced by 10.) Then, when I went to try another round, it only had 28 moves! They took more moves away right as I was playing it. :(

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 04:59 PM
Yay, got a lucky round on 203 & passed! Used a blaster + bomb, plus a diamond + blaster twice (2nd one took me across the finish line.) 28 moves is very tight, but it's passable with the right board (and moving carefully!) This level is pretty straightforward and a lot of fun. :)

Level 204: Extinguish 8 fire in 1:28 (5 JC's used.) The photo in this thread shows 1:53, so they've reduced the time--not happy about that! Ugh, have I mentioned I hate timed fire levels (& doom jewels?) Played 2 rounds so far--a doom jewel got me 1st time and couldn't reduce the fire at all on the 2nd. There were few matches--screen kept reshuffling. Errrgh, this is sooooo stressful! And why so many timed levels on this island? 4 of them!

Phaedrakiki
06-18-13, 09:02 PM
I'm getting a little better on 204, but there just isn't enough time to put the fire out! By the time I clear the doom jewels and **** the snakes/or quell the fire that started taking over while getting to doom jewels--time's up! I've used combos/diamonds to put out most of the fire, but there's always some left in the little areas at very bottom left/right. Def need more time to clear them! Btw, for some reason, the snakes are always the same on this level--blue eyes on left, yellow-eyed snake on the right. Weird!? :confused:

Phaedrakiki
06-19-13, 04:27 PM
There go another 5 energies wasted, failing miserably on 204. I've been able to clear the doom jewels most of the time, and a snake or 2, a little less frequently. But I always run out of time before I can get the fire out. So frustrating! Really, really not liking this level...

Phaedrakiki
06-20-13, 02:19 PM
Last night they added 22 seconds to 204, which seemed to help a little. I'm still not able to beat it yet, of course. This morning, they took 5 seconds of that away--the timer's at 1:45 now. I just can't get past this level! It's so hard for me to get the flames at bottom right & left. I need the perfect combinations in the right places, or even more time to maneuver blasters/matches to extinguish the flames. A blaster + bomb at the bottom would be great, but can't seem to make it happen. I've tried a diamond + blaster a couple times, but it always misses at least one side (flames in bottom corners) each time. I tried re-aiming one of the blasters awaiting detonation and it took out that side's fire. Gonna do that again if I get the chance.

Ugh, I'm so, so frustrated with this level. Anyone else having a hard time with it? Any tips? :confused: Recharging (again!)...

Phaedrakiki
06-20-13, 08:17 PM
I passed 204!!!! Yay, I don't believe it! I was shocked when I realized I had one entire side out as well as the flames at the bottom, with just a couple flames left on the right. Set off some blasters, and got it down to one flame. Then I actually had a match next to it! I didn't think it would actually extinguish, as I've had such a difficult time with this level. Couldn't believe it when I heard the kids' voices "Jewel Mania." What a relief...

Off to Boneyard Desert (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52364-Boneyard-Desert-Levels-205-210) now to play with super dirt!

Gardienn
06-24-13, 09:20 PM
Way to go!

pastasplace
06-28-13, 03:09 PM
To aid the keeping track of changes in the game...

Level 199 is currently 30 moves
Level 200 is currently 50 seconds (that was tough - managed to get through with one second to spare!)

Phaedrakiki
06-28-13, 05:59 PM
Wow, pastasplace, congrats! Sounds like I got some lucky settings when I went through those levels! ;) Good job!

Gardienn
06-29-13, 10:56 AM
I'm finally into the 200s. Woot woot!

Working on 201 right now.

Phaedrakiki
06-29-13, 02:22 PM
Whoooo-hoooo! Awesome & Congrat's! :D

Gardienn
06-29-13, 04:25 PM
It's official. I hate level 201.

mlove30
06-30-13, 09:03 PM
Last night they added 22 seconds to 204, which seemed to help a little. I'm still not able to beat it yet, of course. This morning, they took 5 seconds of that away--the timer's at 1:45 now. I just can't get past this level! It's so hard for me to get the flames at bottom right & left. I need the perfect combinations in the right places, or even more time to maneuver blasters/matches to extinguish the flames. A blaster + bomb at the bottom would be great, but can't seem to make it happen. I've tried a diamond + blaster a couple times, but it always misses at least one side (flames in bottom corners) each time. I tried re-aiming one of the blasters awaiting detonation and it took out that side's fire. Gonna do that again if I get the chance.

Ugh, I'm so, so frustrated with this level. Anyone else having a hard time with it? Any tips? :confused: Recharging (again!)...

Oh my gosh! They can't seem to make up their mind! They're at 1:30 now. I've been fairly close most every time, but just can't quite get there. I finally got a new energy and started my game and there wasn't a match!!! I waited for it to show me one, but NOTHING! Next thing ya know, the doom jewels exploded. :(

On a better note, I actually make it through Watcher's Rock without too much trouble, even though I hated some of the levels. lol! AND I actually have two or three stars on every level here!! That's amazing for me! I usually work my butt off and only end up with one star! ha!!

Gardienn
07-01-13, 06:58 AM
Oh my gosh! They can't seem to make up their mind! They're at 1:30 now. I've been fairly close most every time, but just can't quite get there. I finally got a new energy and started my game and there wasn't a match!!! I waited for it to show me one, but NOTHING! Next thing ya know, the doom jewels exploded. :(

On a better note, I actually make it through Watcher's Rock without too much trouble, even though I hated some of the levels. lol! AND I actually have two or three stars on every level here!! That's amazing for me! I usually work my butt off and only end up with one star! ha!!

Awesome job, but how in the world did you get past 201? 1:40 with fire, doom gems, two of them on the bottom surrounded by wood... I can barely get to the end of the time because the doom gems keep exploding on me.

Gardienn
07-01-13, 06:51 PM
I finally made it past 201, but I admit, I didn't see it coming. The game ended, "Level Completed" posted, and I said, "Huh?" I was still trying to get out a bottom doom gem and didn't realize there was no fire left on that side when I did a bomb/blaster combo on the other. Phew. I'm rather enjoying 203 now. What a relief to be off that board.

mlove30
07-01-13, 07:10 PM
I finally made it past 201, but I admit, I didn't see it coming. The game ended, "Level Completed" posted, and I said, "Huh?" I was still trying to get out a bottom doom gem and didn't realize there was no fire left on that side when I did a bomb/blaster combo on the other. Phew. I'm rather enjoying 203 now. What a relief to be off that board.

I think that's exactly how I did it!! :p It took me a little bit on the last level, but I finally moved on to Boneyard Desert!

Phaedrakiki
07-01-13, 09:29 PM
I finally made it past 201, but I admit, I didn't see it coming. The game ended, "Level Completed" posted, and I said, "Huh?" I was (...)

Me, too! I posted the same thing about 201, not realizing I'd passed (w/different words, though--lol!) Shows how much is going on & how fast you have to hustle on that one!

Congrat's Gardienn & mlove30!!!

pastasplace
07-02-13, 02:50 PM
Congrats to everyone! Looks like people are speeding through!

Level 203 was enjoyable - no fires, no doom jewels! At first it was 34 moves (I think) but earlier today they increased it to 46 moves, which makes it a lovely level!

Phaedrakiki
07-02-13, 06:00 PM
With the moves increased, I thought I'd try 203 again and try for 3 stars. But mine is set at 35. Better than the 28-move setting I had when I passed, but not great enough to play again. (My energy is prob better spent on passing 221.) Weird how different people/groups have different allowances. I wonder if it evens-out for the most part? What I mean is...if they allow "my group" less moves/time on some levels, do they give us more in others? Hmmm... :confused: Or is it even done in groups--maybe it's individual and they're picking on me (jk, lol!) ;)

pastasplace
07-03-13, 09:24 AM
Hmm that's interesting Phaedrakiki! I'd been starting to wonder if they had some kind of monitoring thing where if you don't pass after a certain number of attempts they "up" your moves/time allowed. I know it's unlikely, but it does seem that just as I start to feel a bit grouchy about the number of moves, they're increased!

Phaedrakiki
07-03-13, 12:23 PM
Very interesting! Maybe they have certain "testers"...random gamers they monitor (and increase/decrease moves & time as you described.) If so, I'm not one of them--or maybe I just get grouchy too easily, lol! ;)

MarkHerdeg
08-01-13, 09:13 PM
First time in the forum for me. I've been chugging along nicely, but now I've been stuck for a couple weeks at level 201. Those 2 bottom doom gems are a ****er...

schnuffles
08-02-13, 11:59 AM
First time in the forum for me. I've been chugging along nicely, but now I've been stuck for a couple weeks at level 201. Those 2 bottom doom gems are a ****er...

Welcome to the forums, MarkHerdeg!!

201 is quite a doozy - lots of things to clear. Hint: blasters are your best friends. :cool:

Look around, stay awhile, and let us know what you think of Jewel!

Cheers!