PDA

View Full Version : Prizes

ElysianFieldz
05-13-13, 12:45 PM
I've read about ppl getting 'prizes' for placing in a contest, but not what the contests are etc. I have searched for prizes - there's tons of stuff to wade thru. Also I rec'd a msg after completing a goal that stated I had won 1st prize. However, there was no 'box' as mentioned in the aforementioned posts. Any help clearing all this up would be appreciated. Thanks

lotuskat
05-13-13, 01:13 PM
Do you remember which goal you completed to get the prize? The most recent series of goals involved a cooking contest. The Spring Goals (now expired) also involved a contest where you the final prize was a green plaque. In both cases, the prizes were just part of the game's storyline (usually involving unlocking a new piece of decor or a recipe). Separately, TL runs contests in the forums. You can check out TL forum contests here (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!).

ElysianFieldz
05-13-13, 01:36 PM
It probably was one of the two you mentioned. Thanks for your help. So those forum contests are where ppl get the boxes that contain decorations & such?

lotuskat
05-13-13, 01:45 PM
The forum contests get you gems. There are boxes in RS that contain a random decor piece that you can only obtain by purchasing a box. These boxes all cost 24 gems, and you can purchase multiple boxes (if you want have the gems and want to try at getting a specific item in that box). To purchase a box, tap on the Design icon and then tap on the right-most category. The contents of each box and the chances of getting an item in the box can be found on the thread "Master Box List." (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?48635-Restaurant-Master-Box-List)

ElysianFieldz
05-13-13, 09:24 PM
Thanks, I saw those boxes in game. Was just wondering if there was another way - like contests as that had been mentioned. Thanks again for clearing that up ������

bexibunny
10-26-13, 05:25 AM
Will you get repeated gifts from opening these boxes? I've opened 4 of the same box and gotten different items. I'm aiming for the rare item but it seems so unlikely to get with the percentage chance that I may not continue trying unless I know getting repeated items is highly unlikely.

TinksThots
10-26-13, 06:53 AM
Yes, you can get repeats. Imagine a bag of marbles - there are 54 green, 35 red, 10 blue, and 1 silver in it. The numbers per color are the same each time you reach in the bag, so your chances per color remain the same too. ;-)

bexibunny
10-28-13, 04:58 PM
That's only if you consider replacement. Probability of getting that 1 silver increases if there isn't replacement because of the reduced sample space. Anyway, thanks for responding.

TinksThots
10-28-13, 09:45 PM
Like I said, each time you reach in the bag, the numbers are all the same, so the chances are the same. There's still a 54% chance for 4th place, 35% for 3rd, 10% for 2nd, and 1% for 1st, with the same amount of each prize from each of those levels.

Basically, it's like a whole new box each time. ;-)