PDA

View Full Version : Diamonds = How many tries?

cedkugedchgd
05-11-13, 11:52 AM
i always wanted to know how many tries the others had to go through for a certain diamond hybrid. this thread is just there to tell us how many tries it take you for your diamond hybrids :)

i'll start:

crusader: 15-20 tries
quetzal: 30 tries
gold: 80 tries?
angel: 35 tries
mercury: 1 try
anubis: 20 tries
unicorn: 2 tries
dark angel: about 90-100 tries
helios: 100+ tries

your turn :)

glitterbabies
05-11-13, 11:59 AM
well if i could actually GET a Diamond I might be able to tell you LOL

mityaj
05-11-13, 12:01 PM
Pretty good track record! I'm still missing most, but it was 50+ attempts on quetzal and crusader before I got them. No helios or DA after 70 or so attempts, not even gold/anubis/mercury fails :-(

kwhales
05-11-13, 12:07 PM
Really, people actually keep count. Geez. For me tons of tries for crusader (but only about 15 minutes), gold was about 2 weeks worth of tries, quetzal just about as long as crusader. Infinity - once, during the gli tch. The rest, haven't tried for yet.

Diamond, never tired for just got them. All four of them.

fitfunsparkle
05-11-13, 12:12 PM
Original diamond- 2 or 3 maybe.
Unicorn i think was two.
It is hard to remember since they were a while back, but it wasn't more than 4 tries for those.

Quetzel was within a 20 min tv show, same with Crusader. I used time for those, not individual attempt counts.

That's all i have. Been trying since Sunday w/night and diamond for either DA, Anubis, or Mercury. 8 tries so far this week. Have previously tried over the past few months but not sure how many.

scottyhaha
05-11-13, 12:22 PM
Gold 2 months of tries, mercury and Anubis is DA fail, quetzal and crusader 30 mins each, unicorn 14 tries, infinity lost count, diamond 10 tries, and angel, DA, Helios still trying

lollipop_rp
05-11-13, 12:26 PM
I never tried for diamond or it's hybrids, it just happened.....

For example, I did scarecrow x pink for diamond (was trying for Some pink hybrids)
For gold, I was trying for Easter....
Of course I tried for quetzal about 70 to 100 times before I gave up and the timer came out.

I gave crusader a shot during a thirty minute tv show so I got about 90 tries with that

glitterbabies
05-11-13, 12:39 PM
I never tried for diamond or it's hybrids, it just happened.....

For example, I did scarecrow x pink for diamond (was trying for Some pink hybrids)
For gold, I was trying for Easter....
Of course I tried for quetzal about 70 to 100 times before I gave up and the timer came out.

I gave crusader a shot during a thirty minute tv show so I got about 90 tries with that

I assume you use gold to speed up your fails? otherwise how do you do so many in such a short time period.

kwhales
05-11-13, 12:41 PM
I assume you use gold to speed up your fails? otherwise how do you do so many in such a short time period.

Crusader is a 10 second breed time. No gold needed. Quetzal was 30 seconds, none needed with it either. And gold is 2 hr fail, so using gold for that is really not necessary.

amicacordis
05-11-13, 12:44 PM
Gold = 90 tries
Crusader = 22 tries
Quetzal = 55 tries
Mercury = 7 tries
Anubis = 3 tries
Angel = 3 tries
Unicorn = 30 tries

SamKanj
05-11-13, 12:45 PM
Crusader and Questezel: Took me like 15 mins for each.
Gold: 4th try.
Anubis: Tried over 40 times and didn't get.
DA: Over 60???! Still don't have, was going to keep trying, but since Mermaid is limited now and I don't have, I switched to try for it.
Helios, Unicorn, Mercury and Angel didn't try yet.

SamKanj
05-11-13, 12:46 PM
DA: Over 60???! Still don't have, was going to keep trying, but since Mermaid is limited now and I don't have, I switched to try for it.

Quetzal*

cedkugedchgd
05-11-13, 12:50 PM

you lucky pumpkin got gold an 4th try!

cedkugedchgd
05-11-13, 12:50 PM
you lucky pumpkin got gold an 4th try!

*on , sorry

MariaVamp
05-11-13, 12:58 PM

Best reply lol xD

I got Diamond without actually trying for it (5 color at breeding nest)
Now in order to get Crusader one day & Quetzal up to 60 trys

MariellaAmsler
05-11-13, 01:46 PM
Diamond = 50-60
Crusander = 20-30
Quezal = 30
Gold = 20

tsuki003
05-11-13, 02:07 PM
1st diamond: 15+
2nd diamond: 1 :P lol

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-11-13, 02:14 PM
Diamond....6th try, then another one came later on
Infinity - glitch and another one came later on too
Crusader was a fail when I went after Helios
Queztal - 3rd or 4th when it got announced as LE
Angel was a fail when trying for Unicorn
Gold took about a day
Dark Angel - 13th try

Unicorn... the beast wants nothing to do with my island :mad:

Haven't gone after mercury or anubis.... but i'm hoping they magically appear at some point too lol

kwhales
05-11-13, 02:30 PM
Diamond....6th try, then another one came later on
Infinity - glitch and another one came later on too
Crusader was a fail when I went after Helios
Queztal - 3rd or 4th when it got announced as LE
Angel was a fail when trying for Unicorn
Gold took about a day
Dark Angel - 13th try

Unicorn... the beast wants nothing to do with my island :mad:

Haven't gone after mercury or anubis.... but i'm hoping they magically appear at some point too lol

Kind of like my diamonds. And to think, a good neighbor wants me to breed wizard and fairy for mermaid. What is he thinking?

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-11-13, 02:41 PM
Kind of like my diamonds. And to think, a good neighbor wants me to breed wizard and fairy for mermaid. What is he thinking?

ha! wiz & fairy was how i got my 2nd diamond & infinity.
i was going after quite a few missing ones at that time.

lollipop_rp
05-11-13, 05:07 PM
Crusader is a 10 second breed time. No gold needed. Quetzal was 30 seconds, none needed with it either. And gold is 2 hr fail, so using gold for that is really not necessary.

Yea this is how I would hav replied. I didn't read this in time

lollipop_rp
05-11-13, 05:08 PM
I guess we will never get quetzel tho..

muscovylover
05-11-13, 07:07 PM
Crusader, Quetzal, Gold, Angel = less than 20
Mercury = about 20
Unicorn = about 10
Helios = about 10
Infinity = 7
Anubis = 6

I've been trying for Dark Angel more than 50 times...I want to know which combo, level (and name if possible) you used to get DA...thank you!

eboats
05-11-13, 09:49 PM
Crusader = 60
Quetzal = 60
Gold = 10
Mercury = 35
Anubis = 20
Angel = 50
Unicorn = 1
Working on dark angel at 20

cedkugedchgd
05-11-13, 10:27 PM
Mercury = about 20
Unicorn = about 10
Helios = about 10
Infinity = 7
Anubis = 6

I've been trying for Dark Angel more than 50 times...I want to know which combo, level (and name if possible) you used to get DA...thank you!

i used my epic diamond (vitrim) and my epic night dragon (pantha) :)

HenryLucky1
05-11-13, 11:18 PM
Diamond = 1 try
Infinity: ?
Crusader = 5 minutes
Quetzal (1): 55 minutes
Quetzal (2): 12 minutes
Gold: ? (Coming soon)
Mercury: ?
Anubis: ?
Angel: ?
Dark angel: ?
Helios: 2 tries

Note: my game is laggy so trying 5 minutes for Crusader isn't 300 seconds: 10 seconds= 30 tries, but maybe just 20 tries :)

OKJOoi
05-11-13, 11:51 PM
1st Diamond=under 20 tries
2nd Diamond=first try
Infinity=in 5mins(fail from trying Quetzal)
Crusader=About 2 hours
Quetzal =About 1 hour

Another hybrids=Didn't try yet.

metalsubzero
05-12-13, 12:47 AM
Been trying since 3 months back.. Stopped only about 3-4 weeks in total to breed Passion, four leaf and Easter.. I always put 4 colors in the nest.. So far, I got mostly repeats, 80-90% of the time when I only have 50+ kinds of dragons.. Seriously, this is boring me.. And frustrating to say the least.. I don't even bother checkin my game as much as before.. Probaby 3-5 times a day.. Compared to 1-2 times an hour..

Moved on to another similar game..

alyssafriends
05-12-13, 04:31 AM
Over 70 tries to get first diamond and still don't have it. :(

anurulz
05-12-13, 06:27 AM

same here!!!it eludes me like SOOO many other dragons, most of which are becoming limited these days...

pegasus14
05-12-13, 07:01 AM
I only have the Crusader, which took 198 tries.

funnyrandomness5112
05-12-13, 08:47 AM
Diamond: 4
Infinity: Two :D
Crusader 3
Quetzal:50
Gold: 70+ no luck
Mercury: 1 and no luck
Anubis: 0
Helios: I need a mythic first
DA: 25+ tries and gave up
Unicorn: 3 tries and nothing

codenameraven
05-12-13, 09:57 AM
Original diamond... too many to count and still counting....

Cmdr_Keen
05-12-13, 10:07 AM
Got my crusade after about 2 x 15 minutes. My diamond took so many attempts, although I got sidetracked by new dragons all the time...

MariellaAmsler
05-12-13, 10:47 AM
Mercury = about 20
Unicorn = about 10
Helios = about 10
Infinity = 7
Anubis = 6

Some people just have sooo much luck! You needed so less tries.. Wish I could have the same luck :P ^^

singvogel
05-12-13, 11:25 AM
At least 120 times, still going -_-

MariellaAmsler
05-12-13, 12:11 PM
At least 120 times, still going -_-

I got mine with Pegasus und Bat Dragon hahaha ^^
Hoped for Diamond but never thought I would get it :P

MemLaVa
05-12-13, 12:47 PM
Queztal - about 50 tries including 2 DT fails.
Crusader - 180 tries
Anubis - 5 tries, DA fail.
Unicorn - 6 tries
DA - 7 tries, no luck.

Haven't tried for Mercury, Gold, Infinity, Helios, or Angel. Took me a year to get Diamond though.

MariellaAmsler
05-12-13, 01:07 PM
Queztal - about 50 tries including 2 DT fails.
Crusader - 180 tries
Anubis - 5 tries, DA fail.
Unicorn - 6 tries
DA - 7 tries, no luck.

Haven't tried for Mercury, Gold, Infinity, Helios, or Angel. Took me a year to get Diamond though.

What is DT? ^^

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 01:41 PM
What is DT? ^^

Dawn Tree.

lollipop_rp
05-12-13, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah! The dawn tree got me annoyed when quetzel was limited

Directioner0072
05-12-13, 05:39 PM
Diamond- 1 (fuzzy/ coral)
Crusader- 16

Bovo71
05-13-13, 02:45 AM
Here are my best guesses for my attempts at getting a Dark Angel... still going (I'm starting to think it's not possible).

These are conservative estimates. Probably higher than this;

~30 x Water
4 x Peacocks
~10 x Magic
5 x Night
~30 x Corals
~20 x Wizards
6 x Aethers
3 x Mistmoths
0 x Mercury
1 x Anubis (fail trying for the DA)

As for the Infinity, Crusader, and pre-Dawntree/pre-Vacation Quetzal it's just a matter of patience. Sit down and watch TV and tap away.
If you have a Diamond you should have the Crusader and Infinity within a week.
Even for a Gold you'll get eventually.

I've read theories that it's about 1% chance of getting an Ultra Rare, which is disheartening for me.
Every time I hit that breed button I visualize rolling a 100 on a 100 sided die.
Giving you get 1 or 2 tries per day trying for a DA I could be doing this for months and I’m sick of getting the same things over and over again.

Then once you do get the chance on an Ultra Rare, it’s then a one in three chance for the DA (given you can get an Anubis or Mercury as well). That said I won’t complain if I get the Mercury.

Every now and then I will try for something new to break the boredom… it stops becoming fun after a while.

Hope that my luck changes, however I suspect I'll be at this for a while.

MariellaAmsler
05-13-13, 03:23 AM
Dawn Tree.

Thank you :)

N0M3rcy92
05-13-13, 03:42 AM
I don't know if you guys use the same way as me to get Crusader, but I just used fire + diamond.. Fails took like 12 seconds and within 10 minutes I had Crusader :)

Don't know if this is very obvious, but it might help some people :)

OKJOoi
05-13-13, 03:46 AM
I don't know if you guys use the same way as me to get Crusader, but I just used fire + diamond.. Fails took like 12 seconds and within 10 minutes I had Crusader :)

Don't know if this is very obvious, but it might help some people :)

Fire&Diamond is the basic combo to get Crusader.

Bovo71
05-13-13, 04:04 AM
Once you have the Crusader, the Infinity is just as easy, i.e.

Diamond + Crusader is the best combo.

This fails with a Fire or Crusader. Getting an Infinity is a 50/50 chance with the Crusader. So expect some Crusader fails. Though sending them off to a Fire Habitat to earn some coin is a good idea.

N0M3rcy92
05-13-13, 07:07 AM
I don't quite know how many attempts it took me to get Diamond, but I got it as a suprise when I was breeding to get random dragons in the beginning..

So I guess I was quite lucky!

teogionia
05-13-13, 10:45 AM
Mercury = about 20
Unicorn = about 10
Helios = about 10
Infinity = 7
Anubis = 6

wow thats are my usual tries for super rare hybrids

my diamond was fail for snowmen
crusider 6
quetzal 300 plus
gold 45 and still dont have one
unicorn 2 month non stop breeding for him, lost count still dont have it
since breeding rules are changed and i can get DH while trying for super rares i always include diamond in den, so eventually i will get them i hope :)))))))

danni7788
05-15-13, 08:45 PM
Diamond- too many to count but 8th try using justice/winter
Crusader- 103 (less than 20 mins)

No others yet, but hopefully soon!

yeshayahu
07-19-13, 04:20 AM
Well I tried for DA gave up kept getting Night same hours to breed. Now I am breeding for Helios. I have bred now 93X's & counting. A Friend got it in 10 tries. HenryLucky1 got it in a fail trying for the Bunny. But someone got it after 151X's; was shocked. Everyone who has gotten Helios is shocked. 151X's is my goal. Got the Atlas as a fail though.

yeshayahu
07-19-13, 04:23 AM
I have all the Diamonds except Helios, Dark Angel & Infinity! Sure have missed out on so many breeds; which I have gotten on my Mini.

yeshayahu
07-19-13, 04:28 AM
The thing I have gotten with Diamonds, once you start do not stop as you will have to start all over again. As I found out doing MS. Still trying for a 2nd Diamond Pegasus. Every breed now over 20x's and counting; others have a 2 Pegasus's, but not me. I have 2 regular Diamonds on DS.

hamadrys
07-19-13, 05:20 AM
Oddly for me, I got my Diamonds with the exact same colors.
I tried for the first one with Aurora and Eagle, got it after 15 times.
Got the second one with Aurora and Atlas, as a fail for Medusa. First time I tried that combo, Diamond right away.

HenryLucky1
07-19-13, 05:27 AM
Well I tried for DA gave up kept getting Night same hours to breed. Now I am breeding for Helios. I have bred now 93X's & counting. A Friend got it in 10 tries. HenryLucky1 got it in a fail trying for the Bunny. But someone got it after 151X's; was shocked. Everyone who has gotten Helios is shocked. 151X's is my goal. Got the Atlas as a fail though.

Good luck, I hope you get your Helios, I think everyone get Atlas while trying for Helios.. ;) I was trying for Helios when it first came out, but less than 10 tries, or maybe less than 5 tries and gave up, because of that, I got my Atlas ;)

godofsparkle
07-19-13, 06:31 AM
Diamond = athletic + fruitful or life, when i was level 20 ( diamond temple bought and glowing at that time )
Crusader = 1st one took me 34 fire, got 8 crusaders now
Gold = diamond + trickster, 2 try after genie failed
Angel = 1st one diamond + virtue ( failed from unicorn ) 2nd one diamond + light 5 try
Mercury = have 2, both of them from diamond + night ( failed from DA )
Anubis = have 2, both of them from when I was stocking up genie for traded. Diamond + trickster 10 times.
Helios = diamond + atlas 13 times
Quetzal = just got this today, 6 Dawntree failed, countless ( more than 50 ) forest
Unicorn = 5 kitsunes, 3 blackswan, 2 justices, 2 origami, 1 naga, 6 tusker, countless love, laserlight, virtue...so i forgot lol.
Dark Angel = 6 deep, 2 mercury, 2 aether, countless night, wizard, coral, and in the end...no DA, bought from market.
Infinity = have 3, 1&2 from diamond + crusader, 3rd from 2 diamond ( failed result from getting rainbow )

All of them achieved in almost 3 months...total gold spent...:confused:

idestined
07-19-13, 06:38 AM
Diamond took me until level 80 and I tried every day from the minute I could breed four colours.

harrysatchel2112
07-19-13, 11:52 AM
Diamond= 100+
Crusader=300+ for all 5
Quartzel=50
Gold= 42 (2 others going for big bad...)
Mercury= 24
Anibus=2
Infinity= 4 crusader fails doing that and diamond... so a lot..........

AzHadz
07-19-13, 11:56 AM
Still trying for that elusive Unicorn...been 3 or 4 weeks solid. Also still need Helios, Anubis, and Angel. I have all the rest including Dark Angel.

OlkaDragons
07-19-13, 12:48 PM
On first account I got diamond first try, with firestorm+island.
Also I have Crusader (5 minutes of breeding :))

Second account has more rares and super rares, but still no Diamond (tried different four-color combos numerous times)

dragon1fighter
07-19-13, 06:28 PM
I have diamond in den and I am level 20 I saw someone and asked them what to use and said 4 colours then i ask someone else and they said fuzzy with mindvolt and I did and I got it on my very first try. I'm so happy because diamond is so pretty but how did they know I can get it with them dragons! Like they got powers haha anyway I don't know what to do cuz habitat is expensive and I can't buy one.. I have purple and pink egg in my nest but no habitat for them I only have 15 thousand and it take forever to get so much coins for my new dragons I don't know what to do. I'm happy but mad I can't do anything to buy too much expensive habitats, what can I do?

doop01
07-19-13, 06:39 PM
I have diamond in den and I am level 20 I saw someone and asked them what to use and said 4 colours then i ask someone else and they said fuzzy with mindvolt and I did and I got it on my very first try. I'm so happy because diamond is so pretty but how did they know I can get it with them dragons! Like they got powers haha anyway I don't know what to do cuz habitat is expensive and I can't buy one.. I have purple and pink egg in my nest but no habitat for them I only have 15 thousand and it take forever to get so much coins for my new dragons I don't know what to do. I'm happy but mad I can't do anything to buy too much expensive habitats, what can I do?
I would stop growing food for the moment and just collect your coins as often as you can. You will get there sooner than you think! :)

HenryLucky1
07-19-13, 06:39 PM
Congratulations on Diamond! Wow, you got it on level 20, I got mine on level 79!

doop01
07-19-13, 06:40 PM
Oh, and big congrats on your new Diamond!!!

doop01
07-19-13, 06:41 PM
Congratulations on Diamond! Wow, you got it on level 20, I got mine on level 79!
I got mine at the same level on my main account Henry! But then on level 17 for my second, it's impossible to work it out sometimes!!

dragon1fighter
07-19-13, 06:45 PM
Thank u doop01 I have only 2 farms and I don't grow food cuz I was saving to buy light and habitat and it took so much coins. All my dragons are only level 4 :(

Thank u Henry I am lucky to get this rare one but too hard too keep it I think I be long time before hatch it cuz no coins right now I wish it was cheaper but I must play more to get coins and stuff

dragon1fighter
07-19-13, 06:45 PM
Thank u again doop01 :)

cheryllemon
07-19-13, 07:11 PM
It took me two months to get it. I'm about to try again for my second. I hope it doesn't take another two months!

HenryLucky1
07-19-13, 08:21 PM
I got mine at the same level on my main account Henry! But then on level 17 for my second, it's impossible to work it out sometimes!!

Hahaha.. a coincidence!

HenryLucky1
07-19-13, 08:23 PM
Umm, I just checked my screenshot when I got 44 hours, it said level 73 :( Sorry guys, it's not a coincidence then..

demonghoul
07-19-13, 09:29 PM
Only went for Diamond so far, which I got on the first go of trying for it. :D

Trying for Quetzal at the moment, so we'll see how that goes.

anhtitbeo
07-20-13, 04:33 AM
I cannot recall because I did not and would never count. Just put 4 colors into the den when trying for any dragon. Then the day would come.

dragon1fighter
07-20-13, 05:26 AM
I just buy diamond habitat now diamond can have home soon when finish :) my sister buy me gold to hatch it

deamon506
07-20-13, 12:01 PM
I wasn't trying for diamond but I got it with a wizard/scarecrow

Crusader:20-30 tries
2nd crusader going for infinity: 30-40
Gold: accident breeding fairytale with diamond.
Quetzal: still working, on my 2nd dawn tree. 25 or so.

I don't have any other hybrids although I tried for mercury for awhile.

danni7788
07-28-13, 09:17 AM
To update from before:
Crusader- 103
Quetzal- 58, with 2 dawn tree fails
Infinity- 411, with 4 crusader fails

07-28-13, 09:21 AM
I just buy diamond habitat now diamond can have home soon when finish :) my sister buy me gold to hatch it

Awww, that was sweet of her.

allenomg
07-28-13, 03:43 PM
omg you guys are so lucky :c
i have have crusader, diamond & infinity

ganodustin
07-28-13, 06:28 PM
i've never tried for diamond dragon, but i got 2
1st crusader about 40 tries
2nd crusader mythic fail (1 try crusader/honeybee)
gold mythic fail (1try diamond/honeybee)
infinity diamond/ diamond 3rd try (i didnt mean to get it)

musique0214
07-29-13, 08:52 AM
Diamond = 1 try......I got it the first time I put in four + colors in the den. I was extremely lucky. I put in Scarecrow + Wizard, figuring that I could possibly get Aurora (my goal at the time, which I still don't have), Mirage, Super, or a bunch of other dragons I didn't have. I've only tried for Quezal out of the hybrids, and I didn't get him....all those Dawntrees got in the way!

Takiofallen
07-29-13, 09:15 AM
2 weeks the first time with island/firestorm the second time on account 2 was the same. a week on account 3 with eagle familiar and on account 4, three or four days with eagle and i forgot the other dragon used

dragon1fighter
07-29-13, 03:43 PM
I got my 2 diamond with quetzal and sunrise yesterday it in nest

yeshayahu
07-30-13, 12:46 PM
I have Diamond & all the Hybrids except for, Infinity, Dark Angel & Helios. I was breeding Mythic/Diamond for Helios 2 months, 130X's & counting. I gave up, so stressful. So many Eagles, Mythics, Scorpions, & the occasional Bee, & 1 lone Atlas. I was missing out on other Dragons. Will try again at a later date with Atlas/Diamond. Getting a 2nd Pegasus is proving impossible.