PDA

View Full Version : Fashion: Poll and Suggestion Thread

maguar
05-10-13, 08:23 PM
Vote for the items, catalogues and themes you'd like to see in your boutique.

What are the items, catalogues and themes missing from your boutique? Let us know ehat is needed to make it one trend, classic etc. your suggestions on items, themes and catalogues maybe included in the next poll in two weeks.

Don't forget to look ahead to upcoming special days.

You can also add gameplay suggestions. Please note that these won't be included in polls but will be passed on.

You can also add your opinion to this thread (http://[url%5Dhttp://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41451-More-different-gifts) on more gift options and this one (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?39758-Makeup-counter) on the makeup counter for Android.

Ps if you feel a picture would help with your suggestion feel free to add it.

Christiana12345
05-10-13, 08:49 PM
I want a Father's Day display.

Ic3e
05-10-13, 08:54 PM
---

Complex Patterns.

Formal Eccentricity:
Slim Asphalt Sweater
Aztec Mini Skirt
Asphalt Pumps
Aztec Portfolio

The Rich and Posh:
Damask Sweater Dress
Blood Red Shoes
Crystal Earrings
Blood Red Clutch

Light of the Night:
Glowing Splatters
Purple Tights
Glowing Heels
Translucent Splatter Bangles

Rule Breaker:
Graffiti Hoodie
Ripped Leggings
Graffiti Chucks
Wide-Rimmed Sunnies

Feel the Breeze:
Paisley Wrap Dress
Ankle Wrap Sandals
Summer Bracelet Sets
Suede Fringe Bag

She's Proper:
Geometric Slinky Dress
Peep-Toe Pumps
Glistening Pearls
Geometric Clutch

Sweet Swirls:
Canvas Shift
Swirl Pumps
Swirl Clutch
Hoop Necklace

Ic3e
05-10-13, 08:58 PM
High-Fashion versions of normal styles. •

Decor:
High-Fashion Display
Couture General Mannequin
Totally Rich Mannequin
Boho Glam Mannequin
Lolita Chic Mannequin
Glam Counters
Glam Racks
Couture Diamond Wallpaper
Diamond Tiles
Diamond Racks
Diamond Counters
Diamond Cash Register
Studded Cash Register
Couture Lamp
Couture Couch

Couture General:
Couture Military Jacket
Studded Chiffon Skirt
Couture Military Boots
Studded Fashion Bag

Totally Rich:
Diamond Valley Girl
Amethyst Heels
Totally Purse
Amethyst Earrings

Boho Glam:
Studded Hoodie
Drop Waist Skirt
Studded Combat Boots
Gold Link Necklace

Lolita Chic:
Chic Victorian
Chic Knee Socks
Lacquer Loli Platforms
Lacquer Loli Hairbow

Ic3e
05-10-13, 09:29 PM
Just thinking ahead. A back to school sorta thing. Preppy with some twists.

Decor:
School Hallway Display
Classroom Display
Posh Tottie Mannequin
Scenester Mannequin
Steampunk Schoolgirl Mannequin
Pencil Racks
Algebra Counters
Locker Racks
Locker Counters
Campus Wallpaper
School Tiles

Posh Tottie:
Argyle Sweater Vest
Pink Plaid Skirt
Posh Mary Janes
Pink Plaid Hairbow

Scenester:
Argyle Hearts
Frayed Plaid Mini w/ripped tights
Neon Docs
Argyle Hearts Hairclips

Steampunk Schoolgirl:
Sailor Dress
Classic Boots
Hot Air Balloon Pendant
Toggle Gear Goggles

CuteTali
05-11-13, 12:09 AM
The description for the American Housewife catalogue sounds sooo adorable, despite the demeaning name haha.

Also we could really use more hairstyles in fashion story, so I voted for new hairstyle too.

CuteTali
05-11-13, 12:12 AM
I would also like to see Gran-Gran's dress (from Restaurant Story's goals) in fashion story, both for avatar and in the catalogue. Obviously the fit would be better, since our avatars are younger, but I think it could go well with the whole vintage theme.

Ic3e
05-11-13, 01:27 AM
@Cutetail Thanks for the compliment about The American Dream it's my catalog :) And I totally agree, more hairstyles please. A vintage theme would be nice, step forward from the antique stuff from the Victorian Theme.

newmoonfashion
05-11-13, 01:29 AM
I would love a Roaring 20s theme based on the up coming movie The Great Gatsby.
Long pearl necklaces
Long evening gloves
Black embroidered or fringe dresses
Gold, black and marble designs
Coctail display
Maybe a vintage car display with a couple sitting inside

newmoonfashion
05-11-13, 01:31 AM
And most of all...
I would love dresses like the ones in next weeks display.
I have said it before, and I'll say it again: can we please have purple, lavendar and lilac dresses and shoes etc.

andromedablack
05-11-13, 04:43 AM
I'd like to see catalogues in summer colors that are now in fashion like veraman, coral (the ultimate summer color and we don't have not even one coral dress: ( ) and of course fuchsia! we have many blue dresses, some pastel pink but not hot pink or fuchsia! Also lilac would be nice too! :D
And as I have said many many times, really long wavy hair for our avatars! there are many long hair lovers out there :P Maybe something like a mermaid hairstyle! <3

CuteTali
05-11-13, 04:28 PM
I'd like to see catalogues in summer colors that are now in fashion like veraman, coral (the ultimate summer color and we don't have not even one coral dress: ( ) and of course fuchsia! we have many blue dresses, some pastel pink but not hot pink or fuchsia! Also lilac would be nice too! :D
And as I have said many many times, really long wavy hair for our avatars! there are many long hair lovers out there :P Maybe something like a mermaid hairstyle! <3

I agree, I've been waiting for fuchsia or hot pink color in fashion story and some slightly wavy waist lengh hair. I'm so bored of the same hair styles that we've had for years and I don't like trying my luck with boxes.

Christiana12345
05-11-13, 05:59 PM
Sparkling Green:
Green Halter Top
Vintage Peasant Dress
Chunky Dangles
Emerald Filp Flop

Coral Queen:
Coral Headress
Bat Wing Sleeve Dress
Coral Toe Pumps

To Cool For School:
Cool Mini
Ruby Chandeliers
Cool Top
Red Sandals

Prissy Princess:
Tulle Bubble Skirt
Candy Glass Heels
Candy Bodice
Diamond Crown

I hope there is a display of something like a map and different girls stand on where they live and wear traditional clothing to repesent where they live. I know, sort of lame.

Christiana12345
05-11-13, 07:38 PM
Surf in the Sun:
Tiki Charm
Sunny Halter Dress
Surfer's Lei
Sunny Surfboard

Ruler of the Beach:
Beach Parsol
Shell Necklace
Beach Polka Dot Sundress
Sparkling Shell Wreath

Tropical Coconut:
Coco Shift
Coco Flats
Brown Leggings
Coconut Dangles

I also want more "patterns" in catolugues. Mostly they only have same color, blah…… Otherwise, they are very "detailed". Maybe patterns with details?:)

andromedablack
05-12-13, 05:53 AM
Also I suggest a pink wallpaper and tile for coins...why all pretty pink items in FS have to be for gems? I love pink and that's the color I want my boutique to be but imagine how many gems I need to buy all that pink wallpapers and tiles.. :( We should have different options for every color to buy for gems or coins.

callofcthulhu
05-12-13, 01:29 PM
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zps4f9b684b.jpg
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zps4d8dfe46.jpg
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zpsa214eefd.jpg

These are just a few recent finds. I saw the bikini poll and had to find these too:
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zps91f20060.jpg
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zps7c82c41b.jpg
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zpsb12ea283.jpg
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u659/79blah79/null_zpsd1f67420.jpg

I thought these were cute. There's a picture of my gramma with my dad (he was a toddler so circa 1950) at the beach and she was wearing something similar. There's actually a market for these in the real world too. Feel free to agree or disagree

Ic3e
05-12-13, 02:19 PM
Cute pin-up bikini's! I especially love that first one, with the ******d top, totally cute! I'd love to have bikini's, sure they're out if style but we totally need some for this summer. I'm tired of the monokini's in the game (Cyan Ocean and Pink Sunset).

andromedablack
05-12-13, 04:38 PM
I think the game has only monokinis and not bikinis because how a bikini will be as set in a rack? :/ The down part will be in the air..:P Or we should put the top and the down part of the bikini in different racks, but then the whole idea will ruin and it will look like underwear.. But if there's a way to have bikinis I'd love to see some of them (especially pink)!

abellissima
05-12-13, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see some summer stuff inspired by pirates

Ic3e
05-12-13, 11:59 PM
I'd like to see some summer stuff inspired by pirates

I don't see how that'll be pulled off.

Ic3e
05-13-13, 12:00 AM
I think the game has only monokinis and not bikinis because how a bikini will be as set in a rack? :/ The down part will be in the air..:P Or we should put the top and the down part of the bikini in different racks, but then the whole idea will ruin and it will look like underwear.. But if there's a way to have bikinis I'd love to see some of them (especially pink)!

I know there's this type of clothing hanger made just for bikini's.

Ic3e
05-13-13, 12:09 AM
I really didn't want to post one of my designs here because, I wanted full ownership of them but I guess for this outfit it's fine...

Peaceful Bohemian:
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/Cameraz/18510e1c0e5332bce1d0bc17ee6c2cae_zps56c994f3.jpg

And just so maguar doesn't have to make up names for the items, I'll do it myself. A Pastel Peace Tee, Earth Crescendo Skirt, Pastel Aussie Boots, Yarn Headband.

maguar
05-13-13, 01:06 AM
And just so maguar doesn't have to make up names for the items, I'll do it myself. A Pastel Peace Tee, Earth Crescendo Skirt, Pastel Aussie Boots, Yarn Headband.

Thanks! I do my best but I know I sometimes don't get it quite right. Looks like it's under 100 characters so I won't even have to edit it.

Just clarification on the Aussie boots. Do you mean like uggs or more like RM Williams or Blundstones?

Ic3e
05-13-13, 01:10 AM
Thanks! I do my best but I know I sometimes don't get it quite right. Looks like it's under 100 characters so I won't even have to edit it.

Just clarification on the Aussie boots. Do you mean like uggs or more like RM Williams or Blundstones?

More like Uggs. Us bohemians love Uggs xD

maguar
05-13-13, 01:35 AM
More like Uggs. Us bohemians love Uggs xD

I thought it could be but as we don't use the term aussie boots over here I wanted to check.

Ic3e
05-13-13, 01:46 AM
I thought it could be but as we don't use the term aussie boots over here I wanted to check.

Oh no, there's no such term as Aussie Boots, I just made it up so it wouldn't get copyrighted and spark up major issues. I renamed them to Aussie Boots because Uggs is an Australian brand, I believe, and Aussie is short for Australian.

maguar
05-13-13, 02:34 AM
Oh no, there's no such term as Aussie Boots, I just made it up so it wouldn't get copyrighted and spark up major issues. I renamed them to Aussie Boots because Uggs is an Australian brand, I believe, and Aussie is short for Australian.

Ah ok.

Side note for those who are interested. There was an Aussie company making ugg boots that got bought out by a US company. That company tried to trademark ugg in a number of countries. They failed in Australia as the term is so common and relates to that style of boot. It would be like trying to trademark baseball cap.

lelaina752
05-13-13, 04:21 AM
Ah ok.

Side note for those who are interested. There was an Aussie company making ugg boots that got bought out by a US company. That company tried to trademark ugg in a number of countries. They failed in Australia as the term is so common and relates to that style of boot. It would be like trying to trademark baseball cap.

That is interesting. However, the mark UGG is protected in the United States for footwear (U.S. Trademark Registration No. 4,292,446). While trademarks can be deemed generic in some countries, that is not necessarily true in all countries (for example, I think the mark ASPIRIN is still protected as a a trademark in Europe, but not in the United States). I just want to clarify that point since the owner of the UGG U.S. Trademark Registration(s) could enforce its rights in the United States and any other jurisdiction in which it is able to obtain trademark rights.

maguar
05-13-13, 04:38 AM
That is interesting. However, the mark UGG is protected in the United States for footwear (U.S. Trademark Registration No. 4,292,446). While trademarks can be deemed generic in some countries, that is not necessarily true in all countries (for example, I think the mark ASPIRIN is still protected as a a trademark in Europe, but not in the United States). I just want to clarify that point since the owner of the UGG U.S. Trademark Registration(s) could enforce its rights in the United States and any other jurisdiction in which it is able to obtain trademark rights.

They've got the trademark in most countries but not Oz. And I agree trademark infringements are serious. In this case I do find it slightly funny just because culturally in Oz the name was so widespread and common. Just my sense of humour I guess.

andromedablack
05-13-13, 05:29 AM
Tropical Vacation:
Light blue Shirt
Flower pattern Skirt
Golden sandals
Colorfull bracelets

Summer Sunrise:
Sunrise dress (yellow on top and slightly becoming orange-red on bottom )
Coral wedges
Coral n Gold clutch
Gold sun shaped earrings

Exotic Beauty:
Tropical print dress
Strappy neon pink heels
Neon pink clutch
Pink hibiscus hairband

Coral Queen:
Coral summer dress
White n Coral sandals
Coral feather earrings
White, flower patterned bag

Blue Island:
Stripped white n blue dress
White flat sandals
White summer bag
Silver seastar earrings

Young n girly:
Pink skull shirt
Jean shorts
Pink All Stars (low not high tops)
Pink school bag

Sweet Chocolate:
Strapless Brown dress with pink bow in waist
Pink ballerinas
Brown and pink cupcake shape bag
Pink hairband

callofcthulhu
05-13-13, 01:27 PM
I really didn't want to post one of my designs here because, I wanted full ownership of them but I guess for this outfit it's fine...

Peaceful Bohemian:
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/Cameraz/18510e1c0e5332bce1d0bc17ee6c2cae_zps56c994f3.jpg

Absolutely love it

Ic3e
05-16-13, 06:26 PM
Urban Rasta theme.

Decor:
Urban Rasta Display
Jamaica Display
Unity Mannequin
Reggae Love Mannequin
Jamaican Parade Mannequin
Rasta ******s Racks
Rasta ******s Counters
Rasta ******s Wallpaper
Rasta ******s Tiles
Peace Tiles
Peace Wallpaper
Tye-dye Tiles
Tye-dye Wallpaper
Rasta Ribbons (wall decor)
Peace Dressing Room
Rasta ******s Dressing Room
Jamaican CD's Shelf
Marley Posters
Rasta Fashion Poster

Unity:
Beaded Tank Top
Frayed Unity Jeans
Frayed Unity Sneakers
Beaded Hairband

Reggae Love:
Tye-Dye Tank Dress
Reggae Tennis Shoes
Neon Hoops
Neon Hobo Bag

Jamaican Parade:
Tricolored Fringe Midriff
Jamaican Maxi Skirt
Beaded Sandals
Tricolored Head-wrap

jojopeanut
05-16-13, 10:04 PM
I almost voted for everything this time. And love those swimsuits :)

Okay old suggestion repeated, but in need of I think a new doors maybe automatic slider. Single long glass pane like we have now. Some holiday oriented ones like Christmas with a wreath on it. Or for spring / summer maybe stained glass color panels or flowers.

lelaina752
05-17-13, 02:17 AM
Great idea! I would also like to see more window options (long curtains, different scenery, wreaths, etc.) and some of those options for coins.

Christiana12345
05-19-13, 07:56 AM
More maxi dress please! We always have mini skirts. Petal dress will be good too. And more flats and sandals. More patterns too. I would love a butterfly display.

Nikki_Finn
05-19-13, 08:46 AM
The American Dream: Housewife Dress, American Pumps, Housewife Pearls, Housewife Pearl Earrings

naming this "The American Dream" is offensive, demeaning & degrading towards woman.

please don't name it that. it's not 1950.:rolleyes:

i've seen this suggested before......
please let us be able to have our avatars wear a necklace AND earrings at the same time. it's pretty ridiculous that they can only have one or the other

CuteTali
05-19-13, 02:44 PM
The American Dream: Housewife Dress, American Pumps, Housewife Pearls, Housewife Pearl Earrings

naming this "The American Dream" is offensive, demeaning & degrading towards woman.

I'm totally with you on the name of that catalogue, it's offensive, demeaning and really says 1950s. BUT I do like the idea of the clothing style and I hope they add this style soon, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I generally like 50's and 60's clothing style, but those times were really bad for women who didn't get treated equally, so lose the shovinist name, but keep the cute styles :)

Christiana12345
05-19-13, 02:54 PM

please let us be able to have our avatars wear a necklace AND earrings at the same time. it's pretty ridiculous that they can only have one or the other

I didnt really notice the title until now that you mentioned it.....lol.otherwise its ok.:p I like the items nyway.

Christiana12345
05-19-13, 03:14 PM
Ice Cream Date:
Jean Jacket
Blue n Green Wrap skirt
Canvas Espadrilles
Canvas Satchel

Ice Cream Party:
Floral Hobo bag
Ice Cream Wedge Sandals
Sun Maxi
Cowl Neck Shirt

Pinic Time:
Pinic Carpis
Summer Batwing Top
Pinic Clogs
Fruit Tote Bag

And I also want sparkly stuff. Maybe Free Sprit themes like layered, loose-fitting clothing in earthy colors, leather sandals, dangly jewery with natural stones beads.

Christiana12345
05-19-13, 03:21 PM
Park Stroll:
Black High tops
White Jeans
Owl Tote bag
Green Cardigan

It will be cool if theres a ice cream shop display. Or a picnic on hill display.

Ic3e
05-19-13, 07:44 PM

I'm sorry if you think you think it's offensive but my aim for the catalog IS the 1950s. Also this catalog is a sarcastic and cynical take on everything that's commercial about America. The items of the catalog portray a classy, sensible, and well mannered woman; the ideal woman during the 1950s but surely not all women could be like that (only shown in the shows of the 1950s). Hence the name The American Dream. It's supposed to be sarcastic, like I said, so sorry if you took this the wrong way.

CuteTali
05-19-13, 08:25 PM
Hence the name The American Dream.
You just reminded me, there was this tv series called American Dreams about 10 or so years ago on tv. Does anyone remember it? it was meant to be/look like something from the 60's and it had all those retro outfits, was worth watching if only for the cute fashion in it. Thanks for reminding me about this show, just found it on netflix :D I might watch it all over again!

And yeah, I like The American Dream title better for this catalogue, good suggestion :)

Ic3e
05-19-13, 08:52 PM
You just reminded me, there was this tv series called American Dreams about 10 or so years ago on tv. Does anyone remember it? it was meant to be/look like something from the 60's and it had all those retro outfits, was worth watching if only for the cute fashion in it. Thanks for reminding me about this show, just found it on netflix :D I might watch it all over again!

And yeah, I like The American Dream title better for this catalogue, good suggestion :)

I know I'm to young to know about that show but I know it! I love that show! Wow, I can't believe I totally forgot about it. I guess you can take the catalog like that, it's okay.

Ic3e
05-19-13, 09:52 PM
Bohemian. I kinda want to take a step away from all the glitz and glamour and get back down to earth.

Boho Owl:
Owl Knotted Top
Boho Shorts
Boho Boots
Owl Hobo

Down To Earth:
Drop Waist Dress
Homemade Sandals
Earth Necklace
Earth Headband

Love and Aggression:
Punk Flutter Sleeves
Peace Printed Cutoffs
Combat Boots
Boho Chain Necklace

Comfort is Paramount:
Embroidered Tank
Tiered Calf Skirt
Comfort Boots
Beaded Wristbands

Nikki_Finn
05-20-13, 10:55 AM
I'm totally with you on the name of that catalogue, it's offensive, demeaning and really says 1950s. BUT I do like the idea of the clothing style and I hope they add this style soon, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I generally like 50's and 60's clothing style, but those times were really bad for women who didn't get treated equally, so lose the shovinist name, but keep the cute styles :)

yeah, i don't have a problem with the style of clothing.
just what it could be named.

i showed my grandmother & she rolled her eyes.
and my grandmother said that even in the 1950's, that way of thinking was offensive.
nothing "ideal" about that type of "lady".

maybe it could be titled "The Stepford Wife".
anything but "The American Dream".
too disgusting.

abellissima
05-20-13, 11:23 AM
I don't see how that'll be pulled off.

Decorations: treasure chest, a monkey jewel, a wallpaper with the sails of a ship
Catalog: blindfold, corset, pareo
Coul be an idea, but for the summer

Ic3e
05-20-13, 07:41 PM
yeah, i don't have a problem with the style of clothing.
just what it could be named.

i showed my grandmother & she rolled her eyes.
and my grandmother said that even in the 1950's, that way of thinking was offensive.
nothing "ideal" about that type of "lady".

maybe it could be titled "The Stepford Wife".
anything but "The American Dream".
too disgusting.

I'm sorry you and your grandmother think like that but I'm going to have to roll my eyes at The Stepford Wife. How about Afternoon Tea? Sounds unappealing for such a petite catalog. Also please don't think my mind is wired like that, I don't categorize and stereotype. It's just that this catalogs name was just off the top of my head. And like I said it a sarcastic and cynical take on everything that's commercial about America.

Ic3e
05-20-13, 07:48 PM
Decorations: treasure chest, a monkey jewel, a wallpaper with the sails of a ship
Catalog: blindfold, corset, pareo
Coul be an idea, but for the summer

I'll have to disagree. If it's full-on pirates with corsets and ruffles and such then I wouldn't want to bite, unless it was Halloween. Maybe instead of full pirate inspiration, maybe it could be partial pirate inspiration. Like,

Rediscover the World:
Stained Corset
Expedition Skinny Jeans
Buckled Ankle Boots
Compass Pendant

Skulls and Crossbones:
Ruffled Tank Dress
Leather Sling Backs
Patterned Bandana
Leather Cuffs

abellissima
05-20-13, 10:56 PM
I love it, u have a lot of good ideas

Ic3e
05-20-13, 11:28 PM
I love it, u have a lot of good ideas

Thank you :) Now that I look at it, pirates aren't all that bad. I think I'll use some pirate inspiration in my clothing now because of it. I know this awesome clothing place that uses pirate inspiration in their clothing. Maybe I'll go there.

maguar
05-22-13, 04:55 AM
Thanks again for all the suggestions. Checkout the new poll here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?52146-Fashion-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-5-21-13).