PDA

View Full Version : Lessons I've learned from Castle Story

ghjvcucjb
05-10-13, 12:07 PM
I've learned some great lessons from this game that are applicable in real life and want to thank TeamLava.

1. There is never enough energy to accomplish everything that needs to be done in a day...so PRIORITIZE

2. Avoid PROCRASTNATING...if you have the ability do something then do it because something that might cost a few coins now may end up costing you an arm and a leg (or 5 lanterns, 3 ornate beams, 3 ornate blocks, and gallons of builders paste) 1 hour later.

3. ACCEPT that there will be many "characters" that come into your life that you will spend a lot of time, money and effort in helping deal/free themselves from their personal "traps" and then they spend the rest of their lives wondering aimlessly in and out and around your life.

4 Never get distracted while having a wiggly baby on your lap while trying to set up your permanent for all eternity ID or you'll be stuck with a hot mess of a name...for all eternity.

So...what great lessons have you learned and want to share?

RotomGuy
05-10-13, 12:12 PM
Number 3 made me burst out laughing :)

But I wish we could change our names on any TL game without gems... It's really annoying :L

jua1978
05-10-13, 01:14 PM
Lol @ your number 3 and dont forget they can walk through walls, I have tried to block them, you cant hehehe

sdwombat
05-10-13, 02:55 PM
This made me laugh so hard, and every part of it is TRUE!!! ☺

bowlfullofcherries
05-10-13, 03:33 PM
Ahhh. Number four had me nodding my head in sympathy. Many a screaming writhing mass has destroyed a perfectly good scrabble game. Or jam prints on a favorite white blouse.

I'd nominate PATIENCE in all worthwhile endeavors to top the list.

bawpotter
05-10-13, 03:50 PM
I think you can probably change your Storm8 ID if you ask support.

support@teamlava.com

maguar
05-10-13, 07:40 PM
If I can add a few more

5. Never be afraid to admit you don't know something and to ask for help. You'll either find people who know and can help or others that are wondering the same thing.

6. Something's are just beyond our control and it's not always our lucky day

7. The world's a better place as chocolate grows on trees

kareichan
05-10-13, 09:12 PM
8.- Avoid doing stuff while you're not fully awake or drunk, or when you open your eyes, you may find out that you spent all your gems, trade a royal cow for a rock or the chicken got forged into a featherish armor

sdwombat
05-10-13, 09:50 PM
8.- Avoid doing stuff while you're not fully awake or drunk, or when you open your eyes, you may find out that you spent all your gems, trade a royal cow for a rock or the chicken got forged into a featherish armor

Officially ROFL now ��

sluppies
05-11-13, 01:59 AM
If at first you don't succeed, try,try again.... In the case of the missing alicorn wing keep on trying as surely some day it's got to come? I have learned to have so much more patience since I started playing castle story. Thanks TeamLava.

zombiefun
05-11-13, 03:27 AM
Don't play too late in your bed, those iDevices have tendency to fall on your face.

omniBliss
05-11-13, 07:15 AM
At first reading the title made me hesitant but, now I agree with your post lol... Especially #4.

CottageRose
05-11-13, 10:13 AM
Don't play too late in your bed, those iDevices have tendency to fall on your face.
OMG! So true! :D Or you nod off, and then wake in a panic that you're touching the iDevice in your lap, and don't have a clue what you might have wasted precious energy or gems on. ;)

RotomGuy
05-11-13, 10:15 AM

I only ever dropped my iPad on my face once, and I think I broke something because I couldn't stop laughing hysterically for the next 10 minutes.

puffindutch
05-11-13, 10:30 AM
You also need a good strong heart. After waiting, for many months, in eager anticipation for something I.e. Alicorn parts, when they finally appear it comes as quite a shock!!

justk9188
05-11-13, 11:29 AM
First, you're in trouble to find enough item to use,
You always feel you are short of everything.
Later, you're in trouble to use item 'cause you have 99 quatity of many item.

wassupbaby
05-11-13, 11:45 AM

No waayy :D lol

s350z
05-11-13, 10:36 PM

or Don't place each of ur 2 iPads under a pillow at each side of u, u will wake up finding ur head on top of one of the ipads instead of the pillow ;)

besides, i learnd castle story is an addiction with magical power, u see at a time of a collection or when the energy is full, somehow, miracly and without using an alarm, i wake up in the middle of the night to click click click ... collect from all items, drain the energy down to 0 then go back to sleep :cool:

clarontinalisa
05-12-13, 06:10 AM
or Don't place each of ur 2 iPads under a pillow at each side of u, u will wake up finding ur head on top of one of the ipads instead of the pillow ;)

besides, i learnd castle story is an addiction with magical power, u see at a time of a collection or when the energy is full, somehow, miracly and without using an alarm, i wake up in the middle of the night to click click click ... collect from all items, drain the energy down to 0 then go back to sleep :cool:

So glad I am not the only addict to wake up and use my energy and go back to sleep. I hardly ever need my alarm clock now as I wake up at 7 every morning thinking of using my energy quick! He he ha ha. I am definitely addicted.

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 06:17 AM
So glad I am not the only addict to wake up and use my energy and go back to sleep. I hardly ever need my alarm clock now as I wake up at 7 every morning thinking of using my energy quick! He he ha ha. I am definitely addicted.

But

But I got up at 7 every morning anyway :3

allie11111
05-12-13, 10:14 AM
Many times I have fallen asleep and woken up in a panic because my finger is touching the screen, please please please let my gem count be the same....
Or shouted at the children, yes you can use my ipad but DON'T OPEN CASTLE STORY....

mamareader02
05-12-13, 11:47 AM
I've learned...to collect stuff slowly and absolutely no quick tapping!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 11:53 AM
I have learned Mushrooms and Tree Resin are far more useful than I thought they were.

Ruby118
05-12-13, 01:22 PM
To have patience! I am level 22 and only just got a fluttermush ring to complete the challenge, it took me so by surprise I let out a yeahhh scaring the life out of everyone else in the room!!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 01:32 PM
To have patience! I am level 22 and only just got a fluttermush ring to complete the challenge, it took me so by surprise I let out a yeahhh scaring the life out of everyone else in the room!!

Master Botany? I still have 2 left. Flowering Bush and Lustweed.

Although after the quest is done I might still do it for the Fluttermush Rings.

Ruby118
05-12-13, 01:35 PM
Master Botany? I still have 2 left. Flowering Bush and Lustweed.

Although after the quest is done I might still do it for the Fluttermush Rings.

yes thats the one! I've had everything else for about 2 weeks being waiting and building up!!

vchanhs
05-12-13, 04:52 PM
I have learnt to let other people do stuff first and learn from their mistakes. Although occasionally, it is good to be first few to do it (deep mines), most of the time, the bugs will be discovered by these pioneers to ensure I have a good gaming experience. (Wig donation bug)

bluebird5555
05-12-13, 06:51 PM
OMG!! Too funny...!! I have a 2 year old and (2) 3 year olds (not twins)... If I sat them in time out for every gem they cost me so far, they'd be there until they went to college! They get my iPhone and love "playing" mommy's castle game...lol...yeah, "playing";)!!!

catlady71
05-12-13, 07:46 PM
hahahahaha number 4 made me laugh

i will add 5. pay attention to where you put your finger or you will spend gems speeding a flower you are maxed out instead of tending the cows

catlady71
05-12-13, 07:46 PM

so true

blurbie
05-13-13, 01:54 AM
Love this whole topic. So true!

dala12
05-13-13, 12:59 PM
Well I cannot play this game anymore, because I have an iPad 1! So I have learned that if you are really addicted to this game you buy the iPad 4 just to continue this game!! You must pay to play this game. So to my neighbours: sorry but must wait for some cash.

olcastle
05-13-13, 01:03 PM
I'm playing on ipad 1. What's the problem?

dala12
05-13-13, 02:26 PM
Oh, I cannot play because I cannot open the game anymore. See bugs.. What level are you on? Because after the hair lady it stopped my game.

dala12
05-13-13, 02:31 PM
I do not want to go of topic. I have no problems to buy a new iPad. Just wanted to have some fun while waiting to buy new device. Only hope my neighbours are not deleting me.

ghjvcucjb
05-17-13, 03:34 PM
Hahaha, you guys crack me up! BTW, I was curious about the "falling asleep and iPad falling on your face" so thought I'd try and recreate it...no such luck. All I could come close too is dropping it on my chest and having it slide off the bed (yikes) or on the bed, rolling over and having my face fall on the iPad. Would try holding it above my face until I fell asleep but pretty sure my DH would consider having me commited. So will have to take y'alls word for it.

Other lessons:

5. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Alicorn or golden apples or 4th shard, it will only frustrate you and make you bitter. They will come when they come. Which leads me to...

6. It is not the destination (goal) but the journey that matters. Otherwise you will find you have nothing left to do, become bored and start stalking the forums anxiously waiting for someone/anyone to post something/anything!

maguar
05-17-13, 06:06 PM
I do not want to go of topic. I have no problems to buy a new iPad. Just wanted to have some fun while waiting to buy new device. Only hope my neighbours are not deleting me.

These things may help when playing with an older device.

Some lower end devices may have trouble running this game and most newer games. The best thing you can do is each time, before opening the game app on your device, please force close all applications running in the background on your device. You may also want to restart your device more frequently. This will help when experiencing performance issues. Also, make sure your Wi-Fi connection is strong when playing.

elaur
05-17-13, 06:39 PM
I have learned that it's slightly cruel introducing your sister to a game that you love (that has consumed hours and dollars) ;)

Triple_K
05-19-13, 10:01 PM
This is a great thread, interesting and lots of truth :) All your points are well put and I couldn't agree more. When i got to #4 I thought how bad can your name be then when i checked it i totally got that one lol.
-I am usually a patient person and good thing because u need lots of it with this game. When I first started playing this game and used to loose gems a lot I'd get so mad, plus one time I spent hrs crafting 4 earth to finish making 2 lanterns then just after expanding the game loaded and it all disappeared (EW, lanterns and expansion. That was before i knew about the forums so didn't think to force close. So happy I come here now to get all this resourceful and helpful info.
-CS is sort of like real life, you have to know how to manage your resources, tasks, time to get the best results out of them.
-No matter how busy u may be, don't forget to take a little time now and then to send greetings / say hello to the people (neighbors) around you :)
Absolutely agree that u should not play when sleepy but what a relieve when u jump up from your doze and your finger is not on a item to speed up or sell anything. I almost had my iPad fall on my face once due to sleepiness lol.

Oliver118
05-19-13, 10:33 PM
You must be patient- I only manage to expand like, once every three weeks, or once a month, if I'm really set back (like I am now.)

venym
07-11-13, 05:51 AM
OMG!!!!!!! I've done that!!

1Murphy1
07-11-13, 07:16 AM
Wow, I thought I was the only one, waking up in the middle of the night to not waste any energy.

shambalaya
01-29-15, 07:27 PM
Reading old cs posts in the middle of the night, it's such a wonderful community we have here and lots of laughter!

musegloria
04-15-15, 10:39 PM
I've read about "gem traps". What are these? How can they be avoided?

From what I've read, they make your gem count go down, sometimes by several. How many are taken away? This really seems unfair, or a bug in the programming. How and why would TL program something into the game like this. Can anyone explain? Or is it just that an Alicorn might consume gems dropped by something else that drops them nearby? I want to understand this, and cannot find anything about it.

Many thanks,
id: musegloria
Castle: museville

musegloria
04-15-15, 10:44 PM
#9. When a challenge says "Give" for several different items, wait until you have all of them collected before you "Give" any of them.

#10. The one exception to #9 is when the item requires more than 99, then you will be forced to give early, and you might even want to give when you have say a count of 80, so as you are collecting them, you still have some in your inventory. The other exception is if your inventory is already at 99, especially when the required "Give" count is low. Many are 20 or less, then you can go ahead, because otherwise you'll just be losing any that are dropped anyway.

I learned this by "Giving" rat tails into a challenge, and since have had 2 other challenges arise that needed less rat tails which I could have completed.

sugarlevi
04-16-15, 01:04 AM
I've read about "gem traps". What are these? How can they be avoided?

From what I've read, they make your gem count go down, sometimes by several. How many are taken away? This really seems unfair, or a bug in the programming. How and why would TL program something into the game like this. Can anyone explain? Or is it just that an Alicorn might consume gems dropped by something else that drops them nearby? I want to understand this, and cannot find anything about it.

Many thanks,
id: musegloria
Castle: museville

Well, because of the nature of tablets, and smartphones games, you move around with your finger, thick fingers and clicking by just accidently touching the screen happen all the time. Many games, as do these from TL/Storm8 have options to speed up, buy certain items, or complete quests with gems.

So you may be browsing through your game, or actually trying to play it. And have your finger on the wrong place on the screen, registering a click. Like one of your Alicorn's. The bad things happen when you accidently do it twice, the screen pops up, to speed up, and you click again.
So you accidently sped up your alicorn, which could cost hundreds of gems. Not a price you would be willing to pay for just 40 energy.

Or you may be browsing your workshop, kitchen, and accidently press at the wrong spot, finding out you just bought a wood beam, or something else. Which would have been quite easy to make yourself.

So it is not really a trap, or a bug. They just make it really easy so spend your gems, accidently, on stuff you didn't want. Some games have listened to their players, and have added an extra confirmation button. So you will need to make at least one extra click, preferable at a different place of the screen, so you don't spend your in game currency as easily.

I keep in my mind, that you easily get gems for free, from playing other games, as well as a couple in game. So you just lose something you got for free anyway. Easy Come, Easy Go. And I think TL/S8 think the same way.

Besides, giving them for free, does give you a taste for them, and anything you could have bought with them. So maybe you'll be enticed to buy some more. At the same time, people, do get really really pissed or really hurt when they lose them with one wrong touch of a finger on the screen. I know I do. So they do lose potential players and customers. But I guess those in charge at TL/S8 deem it more profitable to keep these kind of practices up.

tigerlillyherron
04-16-15, 06:58 AM
Expanding your horizons is a pain in the A. LOL

jbfps116
04-16-15, 07:24 AM
Lesson I learned about castle story:

~patience.
~The riskiness of falling in love with a virtual kingdom that calls for your real money and could be wiped out with a single EMP strike!!!!
~The DEVs care about MONEY. Not about you.

bookadey
04-16-15, 08:23 AM
LOL! This thread is great!

I've learned that there a lot of places that have wifi and you can find them if you look hard enough and want to play badly enough! I also learned that I don't like to vacation 'off the grid' :p

I've learned that during 'world events' - I have no idea what is going on in the world around me. I am too busy focusing all my energy on collecting ONE thing - whatever that thing might be - for 2-3 weeks trying to get as many as I possibly can!

theguardiangirl55555
04-17-15, 01:54 PM
The walking through walls part😂😂😂 that always makes me laugh!

robotparade
05-02-15, 08:49 AM
ACCEPT that there will be many "characters" that come into your life that you will spend a lot of time, money and effort in helping deal/free themselves from their personal "traps" and then they spend the rest of their lives wondering aimlessly in and out and around your life.

This gave me a good chuckle this morning - thank you! :rolleyes:

mreames
05-02-15, 06:15 PM
Yikes is right! I dozed off, had my iPad 4 HD slide off the bed, screen hit the corner of the laptop tray that slides under my bed and shattered. About a year later, I finally replaced the screen. Lol

Hahaha, you guys crack me up! BTW, I was curious about the "falling asleep and iPad falling on your face" so thought I'd try and recreate it...no such luck. All I could come close too is dropping it on my chest and having it slide off the bed (yikes) or on the bed, rolling over and having my face fall on the iPad. Would try holding it above my face until I fell asleep but pretty sure my DH would consider having me commited. So will have to take y'alls word for it.

Other lessons:

5. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors Alicorn or golden apples or 4th shard, it will only frustrate you and make you bitter. They will come when they come. Which leads me to...

6. It is not the destination (goal) but the journey that matters. Otherwise you will find you have nothing left to do, become bored and start stalking the forums anxiously waiting for someone/anyone to post something/anything!