PDA

View Full Version : Water water everywhere...impeding my ability to get other stuff...

blondiellie
05-10-13, 10:19 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when their water is full they get less fish and less mermaid scales? This is a bit frustrating because mermaid scales are hard to come by, and I don't have anywhere to really use my water so there seems to be no solution to this problem.

Am I just nuts or is this something that is happening?

RotomGuy
05-10-13, 10:52 AM
I dont notice this with water, but when I'm full on Mushrooms I always seem to get less Glimmerdust.

blondiellie
05-10-13, 10:54 AM
I've seen that too!

bluebellgirl68
05-10-13, 10:59 AM
I wish I could get enough water, I always seem to need it and cannot collect it quick enough, so I can't say I have noticed the mermaid scales problem but I too have noticed the mushroom/glimmerdust situation and also when maxed on petals from the valentine plants there seem to be fewer drops of seed and kissing dust.

RotomGuy
05-10-13, 01:52 PM
Speaking of Glimmerdust, is there any way to get loads fast? I need 100 for the 10 Magic Inks for the Tome and I also need 40 for Ivy's Hut.

bawpotter
05-10-13, 02:50 PM
Speaking of Glimmerdust, is there any way to get loads fast? I need 100 for the 10 Magic Inks for the Tome and I also need 40 for Ivy's Hut.

You can post on your wall asking for people to gift Glimmerdust, and you can also buy lots of red mushroom circles, which I have usually found to be a pretty reliable way to get glimmerdust. My advice is to finish Ivy's Hut first, and then worry about the 10 magic inks.

Cesar49
05-11-13, 10:44 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when their water is full they get less fish and less mermaid scales? This is a bit frustrating because mermaid scales are hard to come by, and I don't have anywhere to really use my water so there seems to be no solution to this problem.

Am I just nuts or is this something that is happening?

I think so too. I'm often maxed out on water (thanks to a shard) and always need more fish, and they rarely drop when I can't take more water. If my potion shops aren't busy I make up some batches of dye - useful for upgrades - or glue, just to use the water!

Vinternatt
05-11-13, 11:53 AM
I don't agree. I'm full on water and usually get plenty fish and scales with the wells.

salamander2007
05-11-13, 04:32 PM
I also don't agree. Maybe it's a psychological things, but it is possible that you just notice the lack of drop better when there is no water to drop. Is that make any sense at all?

Cesar49
05-12-13, 04:08 AM
I also don't agree. Maybe it's a psychological things, but it is possible that you just notice the lack of drop better when there is no water to drop. Is that make any sense at all?

All I know is that I've been maxed out on water for months, but I'm desperate for both fish and mermaid scales so always check my inventory after collecting from wells and/or ponds (I've 3 of each) and if I've used some water - I'm awash with dyes and simple glue! - I always get better returns. Yes, sometimes I get a fish or scales even when I'm maxed out on water but it's much less often.

vchanhs
05-12-13, 07:09 AM
I think it's a algorithmic thing. If you collect and close your app before the animation finish and relaunch it later, you will notice that coins come out first, follow by experience points, follow by water and finally fish and mermaid scale together. Which means those that have 100% drop rate will drop first. Then water which has a higher drop rate, and lastly mermaid scales and fish which share the same loot table.

So maybe if water is full, it will skip the water loot table and indirectly affect the loot table of mermaid scale and fish resulting in the obvious lower drop rate. Just my speculation.

maguar
05-13-13, 12:58 AM
I spend a fair bit of my time maxed on water. I don't see a drop in fish or mermaid scales because of this. Nor do I see an increase when I use some water.

Sobepeng
05-13-13, 01:25 AM
I honestly think it's a mental thing. When you're not maxed out water, you see the water always, so even if you don't get something you just assume it's a normal bad luck collection time. Once you're maxed out on water, you only see coins and experience, which makes it just that much more apparent what you want (fish or scales) did not drop. Honestly the best way to test this would be to log every single collection though for over a 100 collections with and without maxed water.