PDA

View Full Version : Defending TeamLava and Norman?sort of

Unregistered
12-25-10, 10:11 AM
I've been reading the large amount of negative posts to this FS forum the past couple months. I've thought about both sides and decided to post something.

As a software developer myself, writing code is extremely tedious, time consuming and difficult. Just when the application seems to be operating as expected, some bug surfaces. That specific bug is fixed, but during the process, something else breaks. I only say this to those that think a quick snap of the fingers is the way applications get fixed. Not so.

Please remember that FS is initially free and with any free application one must take that into consideration. Yes, purchasing gems does cost money for those users that go that route. If someone buys gems, then they do have some right to complain if things aren't up to some standard. If someone doesn't buy gems, then they must accept the game as-is and hope it develops into a game where they might buy gems.

Yes, TeamLava does say "weekly updates" on the App Store, and this should be changed to something like "monthly updates" or "game updates periodically." The developer must be honest in their claims.

Yes, Norman as the FS forum moderator should be more direct with posters, but without revealing new features in FSs. He should be more specific about bug fixes, and maybe list some fixes that are being worked on. However, listing FS new features is not advised because if some of these features don't make it to the released product, that leaves things open for more criticism. Norman can't and shouldn't address every post, but should tackle the more serious posts and be direct with responses. That in itself will show posters that he truly cares and is responsive to player's needs.

I love playing FS and am along for the ride to see where FS goes. I am patiently waiting for TeamLava to finish and release an updated app.

Go TeamLava Go

Unregistered
12-25-10, 11:09 AM
Awesome post!

Juls1957
12-25-10, 12:28 PM
I agree totally!!!!

Kyarra
12-26-10, 07:41 AM
Totally agree with you!

Unregistered
01-01-11, 01:03 AM
they gave a much better answer than Norman EVER does. Thanks

Unregistered
01-01-11, 07:22 AM
they gave a much better answer than Norman EVER does. Thanks

And how do you know that Norman isn't told or given a standard script of replies that he can post? You don't. But there's always someone ready to **** on the low man on the totem pole, just because they can.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 07:31 AM
I agree with many of the o.ps points. However, at my work there's a webmaster. Shes pretty much told what things are to be left and what gets removed. She has a standard script to reply to certain types of enquiries. Others she needs to send an email to someone else, wait for a response from other staff, and that's the response she can post. I feel sorry for her, as I do Norman because I think people believe they have more authority than they do.

As for me, I'm not a programmer but I realize it's not easy and fixes aren't a snap of the finger. I love most of the games and can wait til they fine tune their processes without letting little things get to me. I have faith that once they get it together, we will see those weekly updates. And even if they're only occasional the games are still fun...and yes, I'm a high level player.

Unregistered
01-01-11, 01:10 PM
Excellent post, thank u TL for all these games

Unregistered
01-02-11, 05:37 PM
Great post!!!

Unregistered
01-06-11, 01:11 AM
I live in hope. Thank u for a positive post. Have been on 75 for ages but still enjoy the game and my wonderful neighbours.