PDA

View Full Version : Types of neighbor

iceydustz
05-09-13, 09:03 PM
Which types of neighbor u have? which one u will keep as stated below
- Daily gifter and respond request but no tipping
- Not gifter but respond request once in awhile and no tipping
- Not gifter don't respond to request but keep sending request to u and no tipping
- Not gifter don't respond but once in awhile tip u

cherryberry9
05-09-13, 09:23 PM
I have nbrs that leave msgs.

puppynox
05-09-13, 10:34 PM
I prefer someone just like me that is an active daily player who gifts basic parts or parts for new machines daily and who responds to all requests the same day. I don't tip much, and I don't care if they tip me or not. I delete neighbors that send obsolete parts or any food other than stew, or those that demand I change the way I play.

I have a mix of neighbors. Some I've had for a while, and they're all different kinds...tippers, non-tippers, active or not so active, etc. I weeded out the ones I didn't like and am left with ones I can live with. But in the past two months, I've been seeking only neighbors that know how I play and who play similarly.

I'm a little frustrated with my new neighbors lately. I posted on the Add Me forum and stated exactly what kind of player I am, what I prefer as gifts, and what I delete neighbors for. It's also stated on my wall, which I clear of all other messages several times a day. Yet I keep getting people who send me gifts I don't want, or worse, ones that get irritated at me for not playing differently and post on my wall about it...yes, the same wall that states how I play, right below their message to me.

CuteTali
05-09-13, 10:49 PM
I have all kinds of neighbors, but my favorite kind are ones that send parts daily and respond to material requests within a few hours.

Tipping doesn't play much of a role for me. You tip me and I'll tip you back; If you don't, then oh well. I wish the star system indicated level of activeness of players instead of how much extra time they have to visit their neighbors. It feels like they reward people that basically have less real life.

I clean out my neighbor list every now and then to get rid of inactive members and make the list shorter, since there's no select all option when requesting parts or sending gifts and it becomes annoying to to gift/tip/request mats from too many people daily.

nky1111
05-10-13, 02:30 AM
in RS I don't care and don't even know who is who lol

iceydustz
05-10-13, 04:06 AM
How about nbrs who are active, don't send gift and will come post on your wall asking u don't send this n that? stating that u send wrongly to them?
And how about nbrs who are active and don't respond to your part request?

iceydustz
05-10-13, 04:08 AM
It's so hard to find good nbrs!!! I don't care whether they send parts/food, I mean at least they make an effort to send gift while others just accept without returning favor?
I don't care about tips also!

twinmommy03
05-10-13, 07:29 AM
I have been limited for time lately, so I have just started gifting and tipping from my wall. First, I go to "material requests". I accept their request, plus visit them and gift whatever they requested. I tip while I'm there. Next, I go to pending gifts. As I accept them, I visit the neighbor, gift back what they gave me, and tip. Then I move to my wall, and tip/gift back those who posted on my wall. (I gift capp. unless they asked for something different on my wall). Once those are done, I go through and gift capp. to the rest of my neighbors. If I have time, I will go through and tip and 3*& 4* neighbors who didn't post on my wall. This is enough to keep my 4* rating.

minidemon88
05-11-13, 01:22 AM
I only keep neighbors who are actively playing. Prefer those who gifts parts and accept request daily. Also don't mind I'm a non-tipper player, since tips are useless to me. I'm afraid of those who demand a lot about this and that. I dislike those who don't bother gifting or accepting request, but keep accepting your gifts and bomb you with request daily. <_<

P.S: Please do not add me. Not accepting any neighbor now. Thanks!

iceydustz
05-11-13, 05:37 AM
I only keep neighbors who are actively playing. Prefer those who gifts parts and accept request daily. Also don't mind I'm a non-tipper player, since tips are useless to me. I'm afraid of those who demand a lot about this and that. I dislike those who don't bother gifting or accepting request, but keep accepting your gifts and bomb you with request daily. <_<

P.S: Please do not add me. Not accepting any neighbor now. Thanks!

Yes i definitely agreed with it especially with the bold underline!

sourlicorice5
05-11-13, 09:22 AM
I have all kinds of nbrs. Ones who tip and post daily, those that tip daily but don't post and ones who only gift and accept requests. I delete any one who has the same spoiled food on their counters for weeks on end and no notice on their wall saying they r busy or away. Ill sometimes leave a not saying if they start p,aging again ill be happy to re add them and some ill just delete.

I visit daily from wall posts and post back through the work week then from newsfeed. Weekends if I'm not busy ill visit and post on almost all of my nbrs walls. A few I just silently tip as I know they are not tippers but gift and accept requests or they tip but don't post which I'm fine with.

As for gifts, I gift back what nbrs gift me (I don't care what I get) and if I'm maxed but they posted on my wall what they want then ill gift it. I don't scroll down looking on nbrs walls what they want. The rest I mass gift a part of my choosing. I tried visiting nbrs and gifting them the same as their request but found it too time consuming. If my nbrs want a specific gift then they are free to gift what they want me to gift them or post their request on my wall on my wall.

PS: Please don't send an invite. Sourlicorice5 is not my ID for my main games but my ID for my second shop which I no longer play. Plus I'm not taking on anymore nbrs.

sourlicorice5
05-11-13, 09:24 AM
Ugh I should really proof read before I post lol :p

RotomGuy
05-11-13, 10:07 AM
I don't really monitor my neighbours too often but if I noticed spoiler food on their ovens for more than a week ill boot them off my list.

I'm the kind who just accepts what he gets, occasionally tips, and sends Stew to three random neighbours a day.

olcastle
05-11-13, 03:40 PM
I'm the kind who just accepts what he gets, occasionally tips, and sends Stew to three random neighbours a day.

Why not... four gifts?
Just wondering :)

CuteTali
05-11-13, 04:06 PM
I don't really monitor my neighbours too often but if I noticed spoiler food on their ovens for more than a week ill boot them off my list.

Dragon Story is the only game where you can only gift 1 neighbor. All other games you're free to gift your entire friend list and it doesn't cost you anything.

CuteTali
05-11-13, 04:07 PM

Dragon Story is the only game where you can only gift 3 neighbors. All other games you're free to gift your entire friend list and it doesn't cost you anything.

optimusprimerib
05-12-13, 11:59 PM
When I was at a lower level, I prefer frequent tippers, and didn't care so much for gifters. But as I level up and need to build lots of appliances, I now prefer gifters and couldn't care less about tippers.

Of course, best nbrs would be ones that gift what I ask, accept requests timely and tip frequently. I'm lucky that I have a number of good nbrs with these characteristics. I delete nbrs who gift food. So annoyed when I wake up and see the stupid french toast or valentine cupcakes in my newsfeed. I'd rather them not gifting me at all. When they send food, it occupies my available gift slots preventing other nbrs to gift me parts that I need.

I do keep 0 star nbrs though as long as they communicate with me or gift what I ask. But I do not keep 0 star who actively clear their tips, do not communicate and keep sending requests. I feel used by this type of nbrs...LOL.

greengold7
05-16-13, 12:46 PM
My dear nbr, are you still having difficulty in finding like-minded players? I have been lucky to get quite a few great part gifter nbrs who do not require tipping by posting clearly my gameplay style on the Add Me threads. There were a few strays but I just press the "delete" button and everything's cool now. :) Try again. :) And ask your like-minded BS nbrs if they would like to add you on RS. I have a few like that too. :) Good luck! Good day!

gra88
05-18-13, 09:14 AM
Which types of neighbor u have?...

I have many different kinds of neighbors.
I think that I might sometimes look like the kind of neighbor that is undesirable.
Why?
Because with some of my neighbors, I am never able to tip at the time when their tables are clear. I have a day job and I am only able to play at certain times of day. When I have time, I keep trying. I have one neighbor to whom I can give a gift only if I wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning and send it. Otherwise she is always full. We communicate about this, and she is good with it. But I'm not sure everyone would be.

I purchased Apple's Numbers program App for my iPad. I now have a Spreadsheet that shows me who is tipping, gifting, and returning requests. It has been very eye-opening. I realized that I might have un-neighbored some who seemed like they were not playing, but I just didn't have anyway to know how much they were doing without keeping track.

It is also interesting to see how some neighbors do a whole lot for you, and some do so very little. I am a teacher, and in some restaurants arrangement I can see a style that a child would create, as in desks like a classroom instead of a restaurant. I tend to go a little easier on them and give them a little more time to learn how to play. But the spreadsheet has definitely helped me to see who needs to be un-neighbored and who needs to be kept.

My spreadsheet also tells me who likes basic parts and who wants food. (stew) That speeds up gifting because I can batch gift a "part of the day" or stew to the appropriate neighbors. I ask each neighbor which category they want to be in. If they don't answer, I choose based on what they send me.

Like I said, my time is tight so I have to be organized.

nomicrophone
05-20-13, 02:10 PM
Which types of neighbor u have? which one u will keep as stated below
- Daily gifter and respond request but no tipping
- Not gifter but respond request once in awhile and no tipping
- Not gifter don't respond to request but keep sending request to u and no tipping
- Not gifter don't respond but once in awhile tip u

Majority of my neighbors (on both RS and BS) are pretty much like-minded neighbors which in some ways fits the description of just about this whole list lol.

How I am:
* I tip whoever I see on my news feed who's tipped me that day, anyone else is when I have the chance, every now and again I'll tip everybody on my list, but thats usually maybe once every 2 weeks.
* I do gift pretty much everyday, and I gift whatever I pretty much feel like gifting if there is no others new items added instead, I don't really care what I get receive
* I try my best to answer all requests in time
* If I am full and get the 'lmkwc' message, I let them know (when or if I feel like it lol)- but for the most part I usually do...

Every so often I get a neighbor who gets picky and gets with that whole "Gift me parts/stew only" or "Keep your star rating at 3 or 4", and I'm usually looking like psh! okay...whatever lol, especially when they are the ones who asked me to add them, & thats why I don't usually ask folks to be my neighbor because of those reasons. Its amazing how it seems as though its harder to find neighbors like that (laid back, etc) as opposed to the really stern ones who take the game way too seriously lol.

nomicrophone
05-20-13, 02:19 PM
Majority of my neighbors (on both RS and BS) are pretty much like-minded neighbors which in some ways fits the description of just about this whole list lol.

How I am:
* I tip whoever I see on my news feed who's tipped me that day, anyone else is when I have the chance, every now and again I'll tip everybody on my list, but thats usually maybe once every 2 weeks.
* I do gift pretty much everyday, and I gift whatever I pretty much feel like gifting if there is no others new items added instead, I don't really care what I get receive
* I try my best to answer all requests in time
* If I am full and get the 'lmkwc' message, I let them know (when or if I feel like it lol)- but for the most part I usually do...

Every so often I get a neighbor who gets picky and gets with that whole "Gift me parts/stew only" or "Keep your star rating at 3 or 4", and I'm usually looking like psh! okay...whatever lol, especially when they are the ones who asked me to add them, & thats why I don't usually ask folks to be my neighbor because of those reasons. Its amazing how it seems as though its harder to find neighbors like that (laid back, etc) as opposed to the really stern ones who take the game way too seriously lol.

Oh and to add on, forgot to mention:
* I do keep 0-1-2 star ratings, as long as they ARE actually playing. I mean I'm very lenient, but if its obvious they are not playing (spoiled food for a long time, blocked door, full tables for weeks at a time), then yes unfortunately they will be getting deleted

iceydustz
05-20-13, 06:24 PM
How do u all tip back everyday? As I'm on two devices and also playing BS, i find it hard to return back all the tips. If i have to return back all the tips, i would have to spend around 2hrs. Is it normal? How long do u all spend on BS and RS? And how many nbrs do u all have?

nomicrophone
05-20-13, 07:16 PM
How do u all tip back everyday? As I'm on two devices and also playing BS, i find it hard to return back all the tips. If i have to return back all the tips, i would have to spend around 2hrs. Is it normal? How long do u all spend on BS and RS? And how many nbrs do u all have?

For me, I have about 60+ with BS, RS and FS...and I still can't find the time to tip back every single day or every single person so I don't see how others do it with 100 and 200 something neighbors either...

Oliver118
05-20-13, 09:13 PM
On RS, I think I have about 20 or something? Most of them respond to my requests daily especially Stormie, but I don't know who tips the most because I don't see the News Feed section apart from the gifts, requests and neighbor requests. I seem to be quite popular because in the past few days I've had about dozen neighbor requests.

jmterao
05-21-13, 09:46 AM

Back when I had a few hundred neighbors it took me that long. Then I got rid of all neighbors that were under 3 stars. Now when someone drops below a three I stop visiting and wait a week or so to see if they come back. When I go to delete them I leave a message asking them that when they start playing again to let me know. I have brought my list down to about 55 neighbors and it takes me about 30 minutes to tip them all.

When I gift as I am tipping I write on walls and if I see a specific parts request I do it right then. Everyone else gets a general gifting of standard parts. When someone sends parts requests I also gift them one of the requested parts. Eventually I will try for 40 quality neighbors.

momo201
05-24-13, 08:35 PM
I have all types of neighbors. I fit more into the "gift me what you want & I'll return it to you" category. Tip everyone in my news feed.
But the main reason I am posting is because I wanted to point out or get help with the problem that I don't receive all material requests timely. I check for requests every time I check my game and I will get some that say "2 days ago". I have literally seen notications in my feed or in the top right hand corner notification saying a neighbor had a request, I go to answer it and the option wasn't there. I will see it a day or 2 later in my news feed. I even reboot my phone. I think it may have to do with Apple v. Android or something?? Frustrating because I try very hard to be a good Neighbr. And after all, it's one lil click to accept material requests.

meme1098
05-25-13, 10:21 AM
They may have sent out way more than 20 or so requests and that's why they don't come thru right away. The system got bogged down because of requesting too many at one time.