PDA

View Full Version : Toadstool Thicket - Levels 175 - 180

OpeningCeremony
05-08-13, 06:48 PM
Level 175! I passed this really fast on the first try so I don't have tips. I just remember there are a couple rows of crates with fire on top and below of the crates. It seemed much easier to make matches on this level than on level 174 (previous island). Combined some special jewels (blaster/bomb) and ta-da! Bye bye fire.

Level 176 is a timed glass level. There are 2 snakes on the sides which you need to **** to expose the glass underneath. Hmm... There was something in the middle...ack I forgot now. Also passed this quite quickly. I just remember that this level was very straight forward.

Level 177 and my ride of energies stopped here with few tries. This is a digging timed level with a row of black jewels and a row of white blocks at the top. So as you dig down (make matches) they will drop down. The black jewels can become a nuisance and block you from digging down, so best to get rid of these with blasters or bombs. Will try again later :)

OpeningCeremony
05-10-13, 07:21 PM
More details about level 177... Need to dig 10 meters down in 2:55 minutes. Try to make matches very quickly in the beginning because you need to get through all the black jewels. Once the black jewels are gone its much easier to dig. But you need every second you can get. You have to have a really good round to even get close to the goal line. There are also crates embedded in the brick, so that also slows you down a bit.

Level 178 is also a digging and timed level. This time 20 meters down and over 4 minutes on the clock (4:10?). Don't be fooled by the long time on the clock, you will need every second. It's much easier to make matches on this level, but you must be mindful of the doom jewels that drop in. The timer is sufficiently long on the doom jewel, about 20-30 seconds. You'll have plenty of time to get rid of them. Much more pleasant level because it feels like you're making more progress than on the previous level, so have fun with this one :)

Level 179... Uh lots of snakes and you have to break the glass on the entire board within 45 moves. The snake must be taken out to get to the glass underneath it. There are 2 doom jewels on top and 3 doom jewels on the bottom that have a count of 15 moves on them. Random doom jewels will also drop in. There are 4 snakes on the left side that are difficult to make matches around, will probably need to blast these. This level is pretty difficult! Will try again later when I have more energy. Haven't come close to beating this level because of too many doom jewels exploding!!

Phaedrakiki
05-11-13, 01:22 AM
Hi Aileeniweeni! If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the snakes? I'd love to see what they look like, I'm dying of curiosity every time you post (about fire, too!) It'll be a long time before I get there (if ever, lol, considering I get stuck on nearly every timed level!) I just tried it & it's easy to do. You may already know how, but JIK, here's what I did:

1st press the Go Advanced button under the reply box. This will give you more message options, including a preview mode, icons, and attachments.

Under the Your Message section is another called Additional Options. You'll find the Manage Attachments button there. Press it, and it will open a screen to select an image. I pressed Choose File under "upload files from your computer." It opened a photo-choosing dialog on my iPhone. Then I chose the screenshot I'd taken from my camera roll. Then, back at the attachment screen, I pressed the upload button. After that it will show up under Current Attachments. (There's a "remove" button in case of mistakes.) Then you can close that window. Go back to your message and finish typing, then press Preview Post to see how your message will look (it should show the message w/attached thumbnail.) Then Submit Reply.

I understand if you can't-- I know you aren't able to restart w/o losing energy. Maybe if there's a "moves" snake level you could do a screenshot? Thanks, regardless! You've already helped me so much! Take care & good luck! :D

OpeningCeremony
05-11-13, 10:43 AM
Hi Aileeniweeni! If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the snakes? I'd love to see what they look like, I'm dying of curiosity every time you post (about fire, too!)

ok i don't usually post pictures with your method, so i'll just do it the way i am used to :p

here is level 179 a "moves" level with snakes, but the goal is break all the glass.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fky054.png

so 179 sometimes can have an overload of doom jewels, i came close to beating it many times but then way too many doom jewels dropped in and i wasn't able to defuse them in time. but i passed it by using special jewel combos. also the way snakes work... if they are connected (multiple heads on a body), then the entire tail will not disappear until you get rid of all the heads that is shared by the body. so in level 179, the entire vertical span of tail won't clear out until you get rid of all the snake heads.

here is level 180, which is a timed fire level but it also contains some snakes.

http://i40.tinypic.com/30vkb4k.png

so in these particular levels, the objective isn't really to get rid of the snakes, but often you must **** them to get to the glass or to the fires in this case. but for 180 looks like you have to break through those crates first. i only tried it once, but then i had to go to work... will try again later :)

hope this helps!

Phaedrakiki
05-11-13, 01:48 PM
So cool! Who ever thought snakes could look cute? :p They don't look/sound easy to get rid of, though. I read the tips in another thread for getting rid of them, but if you blast one of the rows with 2 snake heads, do both disappear? Or just the side you blast on? Thank you, thank you!!! I've been SO trying to imagine what they looked like! I really appreciate you taking the time & energy (literally, lol) to show me (us) how they look! You're the best... :D

As for the pictures, I like your way better! The attachments don't enlarge as nicely as yours appears, at least on my iPhone. How'd you do it?

Anyway, thanks again, have a great day at work, and good luck on 180 (wow, that is up there!)

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 02:02 AM
180 is so difficult, I managed to beat it only by chance of a Blaster falling right next to a Bomb on the bottom row. Swap, Boom, and done. I'll admit to helpless failing for a day straight prior to that stroke of luck though!

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 02:03 AM
You could potentially beat it with the right combination of Diamond and Blasters, or some well placed Bomb/Blasters, without breaking the crates, but I think you'll find it easier to break them as the fire is easier to put out directly in this layout imo. Good luck!

thesacredphoenix
05-12-13, 02:04 AM
179 had me stumped / stuck for a day or so too, and through the duration of my feeble attempts I noticed that the total turns have been increased to 50 now. When I first tried it I recall there being 30 turns, which was super difficult given the placement of the snakes and glass. Needless to say I was super stoked when I finally beat that one too. XD

OpeningCeremony
05-13-13, 03:22 PM
So cool! Who ever thought snakes could look cute? :p They don't look/sound easy to get rid of, though. I read the tips in another thread for getting rid of them, but if you blast one of the rows with 2 snake heads, do both disappear? Or just the side you blast on? Thank you, thank you!!! I've been SO trying to imagine what they looked like! I really appreciate you taking the time & energy (literally, lol) to show me (us) how they look! You're the best... :D

As for the pictures, I like your way better! The attachments don't enlarge as nicely as yours appears, at least on my iPhone. How'd you do it?

Anyway, thanks again, have a great day at work, and good luck on 180 (wow, that is up there!)

when you blast one of the rows that have 2 snake heads in the same row, they will both disappear. and i think you figured out how to post pics w/o having to attach it right? just in case...

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum

p.s. only you would think these snakes look cute! lol ;)

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 04:07 PM
Level 175! I passed this really fast on the first try so I don't have tips. I just remember there are a couple rows of crates with fire on top and below of the crates. It seemed much easier to make matches on this level than on level 174 (previous island). Combined some special jewels (blaster/bomb) and ta-da! Bye bye fire.

Level 175... fire moves level with crates

http://i41.tinypic.com/fut1e1.png

there is one long wall or divider at the bottom. but that won't stop the fire from spreading, only crates will. just focus on breaking the crates so that you can get a bomb/blaster towards the bottom of the board. and crank out those special jewels. :)

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 04:13 PM
Level 176 is a timed glass level. There are 2 snakes on the sides which you need to **** to expose the glass underneath. Hmm... There was something in the middle...ack I forgot now. Also passed this quite quickly. I just remember that this level was very straight forward.

Level 176... timed glass level with snakes and black jewels

http://i40.tinypic.com/x639e.png

yup just move fast and **** the snakes as fast as possible. also look for the hard to reach areas like top corners. blast the black jewels if you can since they can get in the way sometimes.

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 04:23 PM
Level 177 and my ride of energies stopped here with few tries. This is a digging timed level with a row of black jewels and a row of white blocks at the top. So as you dig down (make matches) they will drop down. The black jewels can become a nuisance and block you from digging down, so best to get rid of these with blasters or bombs. Will try again later :)

More details about level 177... Need to dig 10 meters down in 2:55 minutes. Try to make matches very quickly in the beginning because you need to get through all the black jewels. Once the black jewels are gone its much easier to dig. But you need every second you can get. You have to have a really good round to even get close to the goal line. There are also crates embedded in the brick, so that also slows you down a bit.

Level 177... timed digging level with white blocks, black jewels, and crates

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/4ca8b023-ad36-4b9a-bc56-0f2ba6a72211_zpse7724077.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c6685e00-bbb5-4241-8346-a6aa49d2dd4f_zps73278f09.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/b522e30a-746e-4eb1-b1e4-1e7c4ac1529d_zps01e320a5.jpg

with 4:20 on the clock this should be doable

OpeningCeremony
06-03-13, 04:50 PM
Level 178 is also a digging and timed level. This time 20 meters down and over 4 minutes on the clock (4:10?). Don't be fooled by the long time on the clock, you will need every second. It's much easier to make matches on this level, but you must be mindful of the doom jewels that drop in. The timer is sufficiently long on the doom jewel, about 20-30 seconds. You'll have plenty of time to get rid of them. Much more pleasant level because it feels like you're making more progress than on the previous level, so have fun with this one :)

Level 178... timed digging level

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/5de19773-32d5-41fa-b3ab-611f2ea51803_zpsdfc24ea2.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/4a6c762a-1670-4814-a915-210d5ebf6555_zpsdb351e36.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/e34732cd-a8d6-4916-a76b-cc52a46a3a59_zpsc52a2e68.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/28dbd285-13cd-44b1-bc76-d4a90831e413_zpsaf589067.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/a27477dc-60d6-42b9-be05-f7805f8b872d_zps868098e6.jpg

Phaedrakiki
06-07-13, 12:02 AM
Level 175... fire moves level with crates
http://i41.tinypic.com/fut1e1.png
there is one long wall or divider at the bottom. (...) get a bomb/blaster towards the bottom of the board. and crank out those special jewels. :)They reduced the moves on this one to 30 (16 flames, 5 JC's.) It took me four tries (or was it 3?) to get a bomb+blaster down to the wall to detonate it and extinguish the fire. Earlier in the same game, I combined a diamond & blaster, but it didn't reach all the flames, & they started spreading again. I think a blaster + bomb at the wall-line is the only feasible way to get all the fire out in the allotted moves! (Good luck!)

Phaedrakiki
06-07-13, 12:32 AM
Level 176... timed glass level with snakes and black jewels (...) move fast and **** the snakes as fast as possible. also look for the hard to reach areas like top corners. blast the black jewels if you can since they can get in the way sometimes.
Wow, they reduced the time on this one--from 2:15 down to 1:55 (64 glass, all 6 JC's.) Great advice from Aileeni! Got 62/64 glass the last time I tried it. Darn! That extra 20 seconds would've been perfect, lol! ;) Oh well, I'll keep workin' on it...

Phaedrakiki
06-07-13, 03:09 PM
Whew, finally passed level 176. With all 6 jewel colors used, it's difficult to make matches & the screen reshuffles a lot. It's also hard to make matches near the bottom to get the snakes cleared so you can get to the rest of the glass. Finally, early in the round, I was able to make a blaster + bomb combo near the bottom. It wiped out the 2nd snake & lots of glass. I had been making sure to start each round with a snake-clearing move (or I restarted the level.) Then I moved fast as I could to clear all the glass. Only had a few seconds left over!

The time on Level 177 has been adjusted. Guess it was originally 2:55, then it was 4:20. Now, there's 3:20 on the timer, to dig 10 levels (6 JC's.) Tried it once and only got 4 meters down! Gonna have to move much faster than that (I hate timed levels!) But it's hard to move fast on this, cuz a lot of time is wasted looking for moves. Having all the colors on the board def makes things more difficult. I guess it will come down to getting a lucky board, and being ready for it when I get it (practice, practice...)

I keep taking screenshots of each level...forgetting that they're all done now! Feels weird, lol!

OpeningCeremony
06-07-13, 04:34 PM
Whew, finally passed level 176. (...) Only had a few seconds left over!
(...)
I keep taking screenshots of each level...forgetting that they're all done now! Feels weird, lol!

i love when i pass just in the nick of time! feels great :)
and maybe you'll have some funky screenshots of you passing or almost passing? hehe sorry that you have less 'work' to do when you post ;) you're not that far behind so maybe i can just not post some and you can post when you get there? hahah. it's like splitting custody of children :p

Phaedrakiki
06-07-13, 05:36 PM
Custody of children, lol! ;)

Gardienn
06-07-13, 07:30 PM
You passed me again, Phaedrakiki. I figured you would :) I got sick of the fire on level, I think, 150 (or 149) and quit playing for awhile. I'm on 164. Let me just say, I hate fire. That's HATE fire.

Phaedrakiki
06-08-13, 01:58 AM
I'm sorry, Gardienn! Oh yeah, fire can definitely be frustating...I understand your sentiments! For me, I have an extreme dislike of timed levels. And I pretty much hate the doom jewels (esp. timed ones.) Taking a break like you did was smart! No use playing if you're not enjoying yourself. I know how worked-up I get sometimes, and a break is what I need. I feel so silly, cuz it's a game! I tell myself I'm doing it for pleasure--so if I'm not happy... But taking time away is easier said than done. I can't stand not being able to pass a level.

Since so many of these levels come down to luck, I have a feeling you and I will keep leap-frogging ahead of each other. One will get lucky while the other's stuck, then the other gets lucky to move ahead...etc. You came up from behind to pass me before, I'm sure you will again, lol. In fact, I seem to be having trouble with 177 now. Timed digging level. Looks straightforward, but it can be really slow-going with the barriers and the lack of matches. I got all the way to the finish line (with a few bricks left on each side) a couple times. I had blaster + bomb combos to help me. But the rest of the time I only make it halfway, with little or no "combo action." So, this just might be where you pass me (unless they add some more time to the clock...) ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-08-13, 10:23 PM
Whew...finally passed level 177! I took a little break, and played a couple levels from Robo Plateau to get 3 stars. Had to get away from 177 for a bit. It worked, cuz the first round I tried after that, I passed! Got 12/10 meters, when before that I was only making it halfway down (if I was lucky, lol!) Naw, I think I just finally got a good board, because I had some good combos, and I didn't really have those opportunities on other attempts. Anyway, happy to move on. (Just wish it wasn't another timed level--with doom jewels, no less! Ugh!)

Looks like they've been playing with the timer on level 178, too. It was 4:00, then 6:10, and now it's 5:45 to dig 20 meters (5 JC's.) Better than four minutes, at least! Played once, and a doom jewel got me. It's def easier to make matches & specials on this level. But a turquoise doomie got stuck in a dug-down crevice, and no same color in sight. All the moves were on the other side, too. So "boom!" Ugh, detest doom jewels! Hopefully I won't be stuck here too long~

Phaedrakiki
06-09-13, 12:45 AM
Ugh, looks like I'm gonna be stuck here on 178 for awhile. I had a couple lucky rounds, where I escaped the doom jewels and was able to do lots of combos/had a couple diamonds. But I only got down to 15 meters. Not sure what it's gonna take to get to 20 in the allotted time. I really hate timed levels & doom jewels!

PureLucksKid
06-09-13, 07:25 AM
Are they JOKING? Level 175... Now at 24 moves to pass... Four DAYS working through this level, and still not even close to getting past it! Frustrating to say the least.

pastasplace
06-09-13, 07:58 AM
I've just started 175 - I have 30 moves on my game... Maybe they saw your comment and changed it back!! Even 30 moves feels a bit slim, but doable with enough tries!

Phaedrakiki
06-09-13, 01:32 PM
Yeah, 175 is certainly doable. Took me several tries, but I passed once I was able to dig through the crates and set off a blaster+bomb right near the wall. You'll get that lucky board soon...

Phaedrakiki
06-09-13, 02:52 PM
Yay, I passed level 178 & 179! I had started getting down to about 15/20 meters on 178 before the timer went off. Once to 18 meters, but a doom jewel got me. But finally, I got one of those rounds where the jewels are practically matching themselves as they fall. So I made it all the way to the goal, though I literally only had a second or two to spare. That level is a tight squeeze, time-wise! The doom jewels are usually pretty easy to clear, luckily...though there were def some rounds I just couldn't get to one in time. Level complete-yay!

Level 179: Clear 64 glass in 105 moves (6 JC's.) There are multiple snakeheads on a single body that runs vertically, separating two columns on the left. When you clear jewels on the left side, jewels will move through a set of portals (in the green portal at bottom of main board, and out the red portal at top of left section.) There are also doom jewels at the beginning, and they also drop in on you (with even shorter timers, sometimes.) Don't procrastinate with the doom jewels, they can be hard to clear with all 6 colors in play. However, it's pretty easy to make special jewels on this one, so have fun blasting and blowing up jewels! I passed this level with 2 diamond + blaster combos, which left me with a single glass left. I still had lots of moves left, so I made more matches and special jewels, trying to boost my score. It worked (got 3 stars!)

So now I'm on Level 180: extinguish 8 fire in 1:15 (5 JC's.) There are 4 little snakes, crates, and doom jewels fall in on you. The first time I played I got down to 1 flame when time ran out. It had a match right next to it--I literally needed only a second to pass it! Man oh man, just needed one more swipe! Played again and got nowhere near that...hope I didn't get my one lucky board when I was unprepared for it! ;)

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 12:34 AM
Wow, level 180 is pretty tough! I finally cleared it with a diamond+blaster, and then another diamond (thank goodness I had it cuz a doom jewel was about to blow!) Also had lots of reg. blasters & bombs, of course. The best way I found for this level is to break an opening in the crates so you can get some special jewel combos close to the bottom to blow out the fire. You don't have to clear all the crates necessarily...or the snakes. But watch out for those doom jewels!

Now I'm off to Serpent Sanctuary (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51629-Serpent-Sanctuary-Levels-181-186). I enjoyed the moves levels on this island, but there were way too many timed levels on Toadstool Thicket!!!

PureLucksKid
06-10-13, 07:52 AM
I've just started 175 - I have 30 moves on my game... Maybe they saw your comment and changed it back!! Even 30 moves feels a bit slim, but doable with enough tries!

I wonder if it is different on different devices??
I am playing it on iPad, and it is still at 24 moves for level 175. Sooo strange, and unfair, IMHO

Phaedrakiki
06-10-13, 03:36 PM
Really? Wonder why they have different amounts? (My iPhone is still at 30...) I agree, not fair at all!

OpeningCeremony
06-10-13, 03:55 PM
just checked both my devices. both are at 30 moves.

pastasplace
06-11-13, 12:53 AM
I'm really sorry, that's pants for you. I'm on an iPad and also have 30 moves for that level. I really don't understand why you would have only 24... I know some games companies "test" stuff out on some people as a trial run before rolling it out to other players, but you'd have thought someone else would have mentioned it too...

I finally completed the level (it felt like it got noticeable more difficult yesterday morning onwards - fewer matches, more reshuffling etc). I finished it with 8 moves left.

pastasplace
06-11-13, 01:05 AM
Level 176 is down to 1:55. It feels like it's going to be a squeeze to get it done!

PureLucksKid
06-12-13, 07:06 AM
I am curious about the other levels... I actually had level 178 go from 8:25 to 7:53! I had a few turns with 8:25, ran out of energy, 1 hr later it was starting at 7:53. *180 is at 1:25, which seems consistent with what you guys are saying. As I go through these levels, I am going to start taking screen shots, so I can compare to what is noted here for turns and time. In the words of my kids " it just isn't fair" ��

PureLucksKid
06-12-13, 07:18 AM
My bad level 180 is at 1:15, not 1:25

pastasplace
06-12-13, 01:41 PM
Yes, things are changing even as I'm paying the same level! Just passed 178, the timer increased from 5:15 to 6:50. The extra time got me through! I was,going to stop digging as soon as I was down to the level and I had a screen without any doom jewels on... But I had to keep digging, as I kept getting doom jewels!

Nil desperandum! At least I passed, and managed to match all the doom jewels needed!

jconstilts
06-21-13, 05:40 PM
Omg been on 176 for 4 days then BAMM finished it with 1:18 to spare! Two diamonds next to each other right off the bat then blasters up the wazoo!
Sorry....just excited lol

Phaedrakiki
06-22-13, 02:48 AM
Congrats, jconstilts! :)

Gardienn
06-22-13, 06:22 AM
In reading this thread and seeing how boards are changed for people, I wonder if TL changes some of them based on gameplay. In other words, if you've cleared boards fast or with high points pretty regularly, higher level boards have less moves or time to complete than other players. Maybe this idea is good, but maybe not. I can say, I'm quite frustrated to have eleven less moves on another board than other people have reported (with screen shots). I keep hoping I'll open up that level and the moves will be bumped back up, because right now, it's unpassable.

It's interesting, at least, to read others' experiences with changing level requirements between people for same levels.

jconstilts
06-22-13, 04:02 PM
Congrats, jconstilts! :)

Thanks Phaedrakiki!! Hittin 179 now...skeered lol

charlycrystal
09-03-13, 09:03 PM
I'm very frustrated with 178 who can I report to that my time is stil 5:30 and my bf has 8:15? What do I need to do or how much gold do I need to spend to pass this level?

Phaedrakiki
09-03-13, 11:13 PM
Hi charlycrystal, just wanted to let you know you're not alone--my level 178 is at 5:30, as well. That level is pretty difficult, so I hope they add more time for you. If the timer increases, please post (I'd like to go back and improve my one star, lol.) Otherwise, you really have to scramble like crazy, and do some special jewel combos. Blaster + bomb combos are prob best bcuz they detonate fast and don't hold the screen up from scrolling--like diamond + blaster does. Lots of diamonds are awesome, both for digging and clearing doom jewels if you get stuck (may many diamonds come your way!)
Good luck! :)

VGailP
09-12-13, 10:27 AM
Ugh, looks like I'm gonna be stuck here on 178 for awhile. I had a couple lucky rounds, where I escaped the doom jewels and was able to do lots of combos/had a couple diamonds. But I only got down to 15 meters. Not sure what it's gonna take to get to 20 in the allotted time. I really hate timed levels & doom jewels!

As ya can see I haven't played as much as I use to,but..I think level 178 has frustrated me almost more than those fire levels. The time has went from 4 minutes to 8:15 during the past couple weeks I have tried. With the lower time of course it was impossible. With the over 8 minutes it is worse for me. After wasting 6or 7 minutes then a doom jewel gets me ..a doomie with no match in sight. The deepest I have made it was 18 levels ONE time, other times maybe get 12-14 deep. I was in hospital a week and tried so many times..seems luck isn't with me on this one. I absolutely cannot get down 20 levels without a doom getting me nearly to end or need a few secs. Sighhhhhh

Phaedrakiki
09-12-13, 02:47 PM
Oh, VGailP, so sorry to hear about your 178 troubles--that level's a monster! I totally understand, I remember some of the longer fire levels were like that too. You make it so far & start to hope for success--then nothing to show for it except a sore arm/hand from all that swiping! For some reason I've still got 5:30 on 178...maybe they didn't lower the time for those who've already passed? Or maybe they're experimenting/tweaking the level w/different groups to see what works best. Those with higher clocks might have something else more difficult in the game (do you have all 6 jewel colors, for example? I have 5.) I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you're out and feeling fantastic very soon! (PM me if you want to "chat", I had a long hospital stay myself recently. Any kind of diversion is helpful! ;))

VGailP
09-14-13, 04:54 PM
Oh, VGailP, so sorry to hear about your 178 troubles--that level's a monster! I totally understand, I remember some of the longer fire levels were like that too. You make it so far & start to hope for success--then nothing to show for it except a sore arm/hand from all that swiping! For some reason I've still got 5:30 on 178...maybe they didn't lower the time for those who've already passed? Or maybe they're experimenting/tweaking the level w/different groups to see what works best. Those with higher clocks might have something else more difficult in the game (do you have all 6 jewel colors, for example? I have 5.) I'm sorry to hear about your hospital stay. I hope it's nothing serious, and that you're out and feeling fantastic very soon! (PM me if you want to "chat", I had a long hospital stay myself recently. Any kind of diversion is helpful! ;))

Diversion aka screaming ,pulling hair out! Lol...grrrrrr this is way too much time on clock to lose over and over and over..before beating it. There is Always a doomie with no match to take me out before finishing it. I have even had 5 diamonds on board at once...I am trying when I have energies but playing bubble mania more. I don't think I will ever complete this level and it should be a simple one!
Yes I remember about your hospital stay..this was my first in probably 25 yrs..but am glad to be home and at least breathing! I always enjoy your posts..you seem to be such a sweet person

Phaedrakiki
09-16-13, 12:53 AM
Lol, I was talking about messaging me as a diversion...not the game, haha. Yeah definitely, I'm guessing 178 is not the diversion you'd want when you're not feeling great. I didn't play at all while in the hosp. (maybe the last day?); I barely had the energy to check the forum. But gadgets sure are nice for entertainment...I was so grateful I had my iPhone w/me. I'm happy to hear that you're home and at least a bit better. Hope there aren't any similar visits for a very long time (and no reason for them!) ;) Thanks for saying such nice things. I really wish I had some way to help you pass that frustrating level you're on. But it's just the usual digging strategy (focus moves at the dirt line, make lots of special jewels/combos, esp. blaster + bomb combinations, etc.)...and some luck with the doomies, of course! I just played an island where every level had doom jewels (I was so happy to pass it.) So I kinda feel your pain. Hang in there, the perfect board will come. Just keep practicing so you'll be ready for it when it arrives... Best of luck!

VGailP
09-16-13, 02:45 AM
Lol, I was talking about messaging me as a diversion...not the game, haha. Yeah definitely, I'm guessing 178 is not the diversion you'd want when you're not feeling great. I didn't play at all while in the hosp. (maybe the last day?); I barely had the energy to check the forum. But gadgets sure are nice for entertainment...I was so grateful I had my iPhone w/me. I'm happy to hear that you're home and at least a bit better. Hope there aren't any similar visits for a very long time (and no reason for them!) ;) Thanks for saying such nice things. I really wish I had some way to help you pass that frustrating level you're on. But it's just the usual digging strategy (focus moves at the dirt line, make lots of special jewels/combos, esp. blaster + bomb combinations, etc.)...and some luck with the doomies, of course! I just played an island where every level had doom jewels (I was so happy to pass it.) So I kinda feel your pain. Hang in there, the perfect board will come. Just keep practicing so you'll be ready for it when it arrives... Best of luck!

Ughhhh! I am STILL stuck on 178! Sometimes I get down 14/15 but not often. I get lots of matches,combos,diamonds,but cannot make it 20 levels. This is not a level I would have thought I would have so much trouble on. Cannot move on :-(
Often I make it thru the doomies but then time runs out,lol a few times I haven't even made it to 10 meters!
I don't think I have ever been stuck this many weeks on a level :-(

Srattina
09-25-13, 01:51 PM
In level 178 have reached 23/20 then doom jewel exploded and I lost. Could this be a bug with ios7? I play on ipad

Srattina
09-25-13, 01:55 PM
I should add that I was given 7 mins 10 secs to complete it.

Phaedrakiki
09-25-13, 03:04 PM
In level 178 have reached 23/20 then doom jewel exploded and I lost. Could this be a bug with ios7? I play on ipad

Oh, that's awful--so sorry that happened! :( Unfortunately, on timed digging levels, you have to finish the amount of time in the game. (Same with moves--when you reach the goal line, they let you keep digging until your moves run out.) So, even though you reached the goal line, the clock will keep going. Yep, digging levels are different from glass & fire levels, where once you break or extinguish...level complete!

After a near-miss on a similar level, what I do now is stop digging once I pass the goal line. I check to make sure all the doom jewels are cleared from the board. Then I stop making moves and let the clock run out. That's the only way to be sure a doom jewel won't get you after you dug SO FAR! Again, so sorry that happened. Hope you can pass it (again!) very quickly! ;)

KittanaP
10-30-13, 05:43 PM
Finished level 180 in one day! Yippee only to find out server has not acknowledged my effort. Had to repeat this level and been stuck on it for 10+ days. Not happy! Have tried all sorts of strategies to no avail. The game keeps setting me up to fail with most games not allowing a line up for success! Arrrghhhh! So close to deleting and moving on!!!!

Phaedrakiki
10-30-13, 07:38 PM
Finished level 180 in one day! Yippee only to find out server has not acknowledged my effort. Had to repeat this level and been stuck on it for 10+ days. Not happy! (...) most games not allowing a line up for success! (...)

Hi KittanaP,
So sorry to hear that happened to you. It's happened to me before (where I passed a level, but the game didn't acknowledge it afterwards.) It sucks! :( It's a good idea to take a screenshot when you pass a level (esp. after a really difficult one.) That way you can post/report about it, and you have your "proof." There's a thread on this issue (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52342-Game-does-not-keep-my-record!) in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum for more info or to report your issue. I'm not sure what they can do, though. The couple times it happened to me, I was on fairly easy levels. But what I do now is force-close Jewel Mania at least once a day, and hard-restart my device every couple/few days. It seems to help, maybe forcing it to refresh or something. It's my "preventative measure" against errors... ;)

You said something about the game not allowing a successful line up--did you mean the board set up you get when you start the game? I'm not sure if you know this, but you can restart the level if you don't like the set up you get. Like if there's no matches near the crates, or no special jewel creating matches, etc. Just press pause, then the back arrow button. As long as you don't touch anyting, it won't use up an energy.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

Reader01
12-21-13, 09:50 PM
Arg! Level 178. 20 levels. Time allowed 2.40. Have tried many times. Best I can do is 15 levels. If only I had the higher times as mentioned on this forum. Think this will be it. No more jewel mania :(

Phaedrakiki
12-25-13, 12:17 PM
Hi Reader01, I have the same time as you on 178. If you've read thru this entire thread, you'll notice there were many complaints throughout about this level--whether they had 5 minutes or 8 (or any other amounts they tried.) I've noticed they don't like to have the levels too long (cuz then the frustration's even greater if you fail.) So I'm guessing that's why they try to find other ways to simplify levels when adding time/moves does not help. My level has had the time reduced to 2:40, but the colors used has been reduced, as well. I only have 4 jewel colors now, instead of 5. This usually makes the level easier, esp. doom jewel levels (easier to find a doomie match, as well as make special jewels & combos.)

Best of luck, and Happy Holidays!

pom71
12-28-13, 01:08 AM
Been stuck on 178 for weeks, only have 2:40. Can't understand why others have longer times.

Phaedrakiki
12-29-13, 05:05 PM
Been stuck on 178 for weeks, only have 2:40. Can't understand why others have longer times.

They often change times or # of moves on levels when they're not working as intended (or other reasons we're not privy to, lol! ;)) Did you see my comment just before yours? It explains the change they made (they took out one of the jewel colors as well as reducing the time. Less colors can make a level much easier.)

However, with all the complaints here lately, they obviously have some more tweaking to do on this level (& a few other levels players have been complaining about.) I hope they add some time for you very soon! :)

pattypopo
12-30-13, 09:32 PM
Also stuck on 178. I'm working like crazy, making combos and diamonds, but still can't complete. There is so little time that you can't strategize, just hit them as they fall. Please add some time to this level.

catsflake1
01-06-14, 11:56 AM
I too am stuck on 178, for almost 2 weeks now, had 2.40 min to dig down 20 now time has gone up to 6.10 min but have to dig 22 now can't get any further down than I did with the 2.40 min as harder to find matches now.

catsflake1
01-07-14, 01:28 AM
That's it I have had enough, what was a enjoyable game is no longer, bored, frustrated, I'm sure I can find something else to do with 6.10 min x 5 there must be other games that are as fun but less stressful

Phaedrakiki
01-10-14, 10:26 AM
I don't get it, Team Lava. Why are you guys going "backwards" on this level? Taking one of the jewel colors out was a step in the right direction--you just didn't give us enough time. The lower # jewel color levels are among the most fun...all you had to do to make this an enjoyable level was add some time...maybe starting with 3:15 or so, then adding time in 10 or 15 second intervals until the complaints stopped. Or remove a few meters, perhaps. Instead, you took it back to the way it used to be (when everyone was complaining about the lack of matches.) Plus, it's so long now, that the frustration's even greater when you fail. I must not be aware of the whole story, cuz this makes no sense! :confused:

koetsub
03-04-14, 09:02 AM
Hi, I joined Storm8 just to comment on Level 180. I'm well and truly stuck. I spend all of my time trying to get rid of those doom jewels (with super-short timers), and have no time to fight the fires (or do anything else). This may well be the level at which I pack it in.

limonepledge
03-04-14, 12:47 PM
178 is now dig 15 meters in 6:10 with 5 jewel colors. I played it early today to get extra stars and passed so it's definitely doable. They must have listened to everyone's complaints.

As for 180 you can try to keep refreshing (just don't touch anything before you do) until you get multiple snakes with the same color heads (so you can use a diamond to clear them) or matches right next to the crates. I think it's at 2:25 (I just played it to see but forgot) but the doom jewels are a little tight with only 20 seconds and not much space to make matches.

Don't give up, you'll make it through!

koetsub
03-04-14, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the tip, limonepledge. I did that - 2 pairs of snake heads with the same colour. After dodging those doomies, I broke through the crates, and then all hell broke loose.....and I completed the level! I don't know exactly how.

BTW I'm always nervous when a bomb is next to fire......fear that it will detonate :)

Thanks again for the tip.