PDA

View Full Version : How in the world can you make enough food for overnight customers?!?!?

MonkeyMomma76
05-08-13, 12:38 AM
I've only been playing RS for a few days and I'm going a little nuts already :-// I just can't seem to keep enough plates available for all my customers. I even cut my seats down to less than twenty but I'm afraid to go to sleep. Does anyone know the secret to stocking up enough meals for nighttime? Right now I mostly make fish & chips, shrimp kabobs, clam chowder, fruit salad, and French toast. I have estimated these dishes have the highest return per hour, but the overall total doesn't seem to be enough to create any sort of stockpile. I appreciate any helpful advice from experienced players. I'm level 16 and I have the max number of appliances and a ton of counters too, if that matters.

ExotiCAT
05-08-13, 01:05 AM
For one, block your door until you have stockpiled some food. Don't block with host table, use a regular table or a counter.
Next, use fewer counters for initial stockpiling because when you begin a new dish the "chef" will cram all of one type of food onto one counter.
Do all the short time dishes until they are mastered to the 4th chef's hat. French toast and then omelets are the ones. After the 5 minute food you can work on fruit salad, then garden salad, etc. Go by the time it takes to cook, and master the dish before beginning another - the only exception being putting up a recipe for 8 or 12 hours if you're going to sleep or will be away for a few hours. Keep that door blocked until a couple thousand of a recipe is on a counter.
At your level you will probably need to block the door often but don't worry because you get moneyand gems from mastering recipes so dont worry about customers yet.
I got to level 86 using this method and I still do it! :-)

knittingneedles
05-08-13, 01:14 AM
Don't block with host table, use a regular table or a counter.

Why should you not use the host table to block your door?

nky1111
05-08-13, 01:48 AM
cook s'mores))))

nky1111
05-08-13, 01:50 AM
you can't have a 24/7 eatery right out of the box, level up and you'll get it.

nky1111
05-08-13, 02:06 AM
or maybe you can have a SMALL 24/7 eatery, with only 1-2 seats. your happiness will drop, and consumption rate too. ensure you have low happiness when closing the game))

lotuskat
05-08-13, 08:39 AM
I'd just focus on leveling up for the moment. Don't worry about the food being gone. Your customer satisfaction rating doesn't go down if you're offline, even though food will be consumed. Just cook up a few recipes that require longer cooking times when you know you're going to sleep so the first time you log on you'll have some dishes to serve to your first customers!

goldie1363
05-08-13, 03:30 PM
I do exactly as ExoctiCAT stated above. Just started RS, but been playing BS for a minute and that's how built up my inventory...buy blocking door and cooking food overnite. I would close the bakery for a couple of days and just cook! once I got a good inventory going ...i was good to go.

**FYI...the reason you do not block the door with the host table: the bots will still be able to buy the food thru the door. use anything else but the host table and you will be ok.

CuddlyDragon
05-08-13, 03:48 PM
Hey All,

Just reminding everyone that blocking your door is NOT a feature in our games. Any lost items or issues in game this causes will not be refunded.

meme1098
05-08-13, 05:08 PM
It's really hard to keep enough food available when your a lower level player. Just keep at it and as you level up, you'll be able to keep up eventually.

bigbux3
05-08-13, 07:13 PM
Hey All,

Just reminding everyone that blocking your door is NOT a feature in our games. Any lost items or issues in game this causes will not be refunded.

Since when was blocking the door and losing items a problem in the games? I was unaware. Thankfully I've never lost anything because I block it all the time when I'm remodeling and sometimes serving food.

cherryberry9
05-08-13, 09:33 PM
Once you reach level 35 you'll stock up on food.

MonkeyMomma76
05-09-13, 01:12 PM
Thanks for all the helpful advice guys :-)) I haven't been blocking my door because I heard that caused glitches. The counter idea is great though! I had no idea the same type of food would pile up if you ran out of counters. I'm going to do that and also store some of my chairs overnight. You can leave tables out for tips though, right? Customers can't eat if there's no chair...I think?!? Not sure but I thought I read that somewhere. I'm going to be on these games a ton over the next few days because I'm stuck in bed recovering from surgery :-// Thanks again for all the help!!!

RotomGuy
05-09-13, 01:19 PM
I have a little Chocolate Fondue and Chocolate Top Hat cycle set up on one oven and one stove ready for collection just before I go to sleep each night. With the tables I have, I wake up with a small few Hats or so left.

I'm only Level 16 right now and this is the best thing I manage to do :3

puppynox
05-09-13, 10:18 PM
Try to look at it a different way. If your food is all sold out, you made your money on it already, rather than having potential profit locked up in your unsold food. This is a good thing!

Later, you'll have more food than you can possibly sell in weeks, though of course this will be in high levels. In Bakery Story, I wish my food was sold rather than stocked up so heavily. I'd really like that profit now rather than waiting for it for weeks. I bet if everything I have in that game sold overnight, I could afford my $2 million expansion right away!

puppower78
05-10-13, 02:21 PM
I agree with puppynox. If you block the door, you're not selling. It doesn't matter if you sell out overnight; if you leave the game, your satisfaction rating won't drop. Just be ready to serve the new food as soon as you come in the next morning. You will at least make money this way. And even if you do get angry customers once in a while, you'll be back to 100 in no time. Removing chairs doesn't slow down customers...it just makes them mad and your rating will drop. And if you want to know what really has the best return per hour (and it is not French toast), download Cookbook Story Optimizer - great app. But like everyone says, once you level up, you will have tons of food! Have fun

TinksThots
05-10-13, 11:41 PM
I only block my door when I'm in the game serving and cooking, because the customers make my game run all slow and choppy, otherwise, I leave it open so everything that can sell, sells, and I get those coins ASAP. When you're not playing, your rating won't drop; even if other people are seeing those mad red faces when they visit your store, they aren't affecting anything if YOU'RE not online. When you get back on, if you have nothing to serve, go ahead and block it until you do so it won't drop if you want.

The main reason they say not to block your door is that sometimes when people do that, they'll come back online and all their food will instantly disappear because the game has registered it as having sold anyway even though the door was blocked. Some people have run into this, some haven't, I dunno what makes the difference, but there is no getting anything back if it happens, so just know that it can.

minidemon88
05-11-13, 12:24 AM
The best way is to block your door. Then cook and stockpile as many dishes as possible on your counters. Like maybe 200,000-300,000 or much more amount of food on your counters. Then open the door again to sell some for a few hours, so as to earn some profits back. Repeat these steps over again as many times as you wish. Do this until you have more than enough food for your customers throughout the whole day for weeks or even months. After that, you are free to open your door 24/7. And don't have to worry about running out of food for your customers anymore. This is what I did when I first started playing rs. =)

About the glitch of blocking the door, it called quick sales. It does happen sometimes when you block your door, the food on your counters will sold out suddenly and you will earned a nice amount of income back after the quick sales. Though it does not happen all the times.

mattyboo1
05-12-13, 06:43 AM
I recommend cooking grilled chicken from the grill. It gives 4200 plates in 16 hours.

captmiddy
05-13-13, 07:16 AM
a couple things - blocking doors can cause you to lose all your food really fast. It is an odd bug and that is why they say you will get nothing if it occurs since it isn't a game feature.

Next - you can also increase distance to your tables by setting up a maze. It decreases consumption rate. It is harder with a small cafe but it is possible to increase this to some extent, I did this on Bakery story when I first started out and was fairly quickly able to keep enough food around until I was back the next morning. I no longer play bakery as it was really identical to restaurant story. What you are trying to do is make the longest distance from the door to the hostess stand, then the farthest to the tables from there, then the farthest to the door. This is essentially the opposite of the most efficient model. I use this and now have something on the order of 7M plates on my counters. This is in prep for a vacation where I will leave my place open while I am away and simply collect the coins.

ovens1234
05-14-13, 05:30 PM
I've only been playing RS for a few days and I'm going a little nuts already :-// I just can't seem to keep enough plates available for all my customers. I even cut my seats down to less than twenty but I'm afraid to go to sleep. Does anyone know the secret to stocking up enough meals for nighttime? Right now I mostly make fish & chips, shrimp kabobs, clam chowder, fruit salad, and French toast. I have estimated these dishes have the highest return per hour, but the overall total doesn't seem to be enough to create any sort of stockpile. I appreciate any helpful advice from experienced players. I'm level 16 and I have the max number of appliances and a ton of counters too, if that matters.

Try to have your neighbors gift you stew so you could get money and food :-)

otaku029
05-28-13, 08:05 AM
Just close the game , even theres no food in the counter the customers rating wont go down

spydre
05-28-13, 11:02 PM
Two recipes when I got them that saved my bacon as far as preparing for the overnight crowd - chocolate mousse - 4 hours @1150 plates per cook; and fish and chips - 1 hour recipe at 800 plates per cook. I also relied heavily on burritos for the stove, and I THINK chicken pot pie in the oven (overnight). I think there were even some seasonal recipes that I evidently didn't get enough done to keep. Always make sure on each appliance (at low levels, just stoves and ovens) you have an 8 -12 hour recipe going with decent yield going overnight for first thing in the morning.

Also, get as many neighbors as possible. Neighbor gifts also got me through those first lean days (and ask them to gift you food unless you specifically ask for a part).