PDA

View Full Version : 4th Shard and Connection Problem

Vinternatt
05-07-13, 04:43 AM
Ok, I'm seriously pissed off right now and feel like punching someone.
After looking for the 4th shard for months, I managed to get my 4th shard yesterday night...
I have completed the quest to open the way for forging a mithril etc.
Then I realized I was having DNS problems and was not "fully" connected to the internet.
My laptop and phone got the DNS problem (probably cuz I was charing my iphone at that time) so I couldn't figure out what was wrong until today, did some stuff and fixed it.

Yeah, you guessed.
Instead of syncing with the server (which it always does when I am not connected but able to harvest crops etc), game kicked me back to the state where I did not have the 4th shard...
I force closed and opened it, nope, I don't have the 4th shard.

I have collected from the Tabernum again and it did not give me the 4th shard.

When I have a connection problem but able to play the game, game sync to the server whenever my connection is up and accepts my commands.
So if I collect from my buildings etc after I lose my connection (while the client is up), it syncs with the server and accepts those collections etc.

But it decided not to do that this time.
The time I found the shard after searching for months.

I am so discouraged by this game this right now...
Just wanted to share this experience.

Double check your connection before you collect from important stuff because game can troll you like this.

ashleighncurrie
05-07-13, 05:44 AM
Have you contacted teamlava about it? They may be able to help you out

kooky panda
05-07-13, 09:56 AM
I would advise sending an email to support@teamlava.com

No promises, but I would at least give it a shot and have them check you game.

Vinternatt
05-07-13, 11:18 AM
Sent, however, I am pretty sure it will get ignored.
I have already progressed in game. It was really annoying to see my 4th shard gone the next day.
They shouldn't allow the game to go into an "offline" mode at all.
I can't check my connection "health" every second.
I am playing the game, finding the shard, completing a quest, collecting from my buildings and boom, I realize there is a DNS problem with the connection.

What is more frustrating is, I have wasted 8 Dark Cave Formations, done the Dark Cave quest every day, collected from Pigglesworth almost every hour, collected from my Tabernum 2 times a day since more than a week now...
Not a single mithril...

And when I find the 4th shard, it disappears.
Just frustrating -_-

kooky panda
05-07-13, 12:40 PM
I am not having these type of issues.
What specific apple device do you play on?
Check under settings-general -about- on your device- What is your current version?

Are you playing on the Regular game version 1.1.4? ( Under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen )

Vinternatt
05-08-13, 06:18 PM
Lol...
After experiencing this yesterday, I found my second mithril earlier today.

Then i found the 4th shard tonight (technically "again").

Yeah both of them in one day o_O

Sobepeng
05-08-13, 07:16 PM
Congratulations! I have connection issues sometimes too, so I can only imagine what the actually experience would be like if it happens. Glad everything worked out in the end.

vchanhs
05-08-13, 09:37 PM
Lol...
After experiencing this yesterday, I found my second mithril earlier today.

Then i found the 4th shard tonight (technically "again").

Yeah both of them in one day o_O

If its yours, it's yours. Congrats. Sabina will soon roam your kingdom.

cakeandpie
05-09-13, 08:48 AM
THIS HAPPENED TO ME TOO! It was probably about 3 weeks ago but I'm not sure. I never bothered to contact TL because their customer "service" has told me before they can't restore things lost to connectivity errors. I wasn't too upset at that point because I didn't really need anything that the fourth shard provided, but now I am TICKED because it is the only way to get mithril. :( I could spit nails.

It's nice for you that you got yours back right away, but I still don't have mine back. I am concerned the game might think I still have it and never give it to me. Once in DS, an error took away a large farm, but I did not get back the money I paid for it. So somehow the game thought I had still bought it because the game still had the money, but I did not have the farm.

Vinternatt
05-09-13, 11:51 AM
Yeah, it is pretty annoying to lose something very rare and important such as the 4th shard.

However, my case was pure luck I believe.
Because Support team responded me with a pretty standard answer about this issue being a "sync error" and suggested me some stuff on how to prevent this in the future and then they said there is nothing they can do for the lost items due to sync errors.

Also, I didn't get that lost 4th shard back, I basically found another one. I checked the tabernum 2 more times after this problem happened.

And the best thing is, before getting my 4th shard, I found a dark cave formation from doing my daily quest, then when I cracked it, I got the mithril.
However, that was my 9th or 10th formation, so I have been looking for a mithril like crazy.

So I found the mithril first, then at night, I got the 4th shard.

I am happy it happened this way because if you try to craft it with the 4th shard you are going to waste a heck load of silvers (more than 50).
While with Mithril, you just craft the scissors.
So I suggest everyone to HOPE for the mithril, instead of the 4th shard, since it is the costly way... I mean, after spending gems to speed things up ofc :)

brandonu
05-09-13, 12:57 PM
I'd love to hear if they increased the drop rate for mithril since the requirement was increased. For everyone's sake, I hope they did. I got all of mine from forging and have never found one outside of the original quest.

cakeandpie
05-14-13, 08:24 PM
Well, I finally got my 4th shard back, a couple days after posting here! I was so happy because I was able to craft a mithril, and then I got my second mithril a few days later from my new deep mine. So the scissors are being crafted in my forge as we speak--hooray!